Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the autopsy scheduled to be released?
When would it "normally" be released?

[ As far as I know, it hasn't even been completed (much less sealed) in the moment, so officially, it's still being "completed" by the ME. ]

Do autopsy's (along with DA/forensic analysis) also take months (or years?) to complete typically?

Can't say all of them take this long - however what I have seen that come out of Chapel Hill seem to average about 2 months. Don't know if it will be sealed or not. Eve Carsons was for a while.

ETA - all forensic analysis is conducted elsewhere - the ME does not do these types of tests (DNA) - bloodwork and some minor tox work is it for the ME.

When is the autopsy scheduled to be released?
When would it "normally" be released?

[ As far as I know, it hasn't even been completed (much less sealed) in the moment, so officially, it's still being "completed" by the ME. ]

Paperwork normally completed within 90 days. The autopsy itself normally done within 24 hrs. The reports are not sealed as a matter of normal business. The DA *can* seek to have an autopsy sealed if they can show cause for such an action.

It was also told I believe that Chapel Hill ME will call and say it is on its way...send it thru the mail...like it is nothing. I thought I also heard most of it is already known just had to have the signature on it, when the ME decides to sit down and sign it. Is this correct?

I thought I also heard most of it is already known just had to have the signature on it, when the ME decides to sit down and sign it. Is this correct?

I heard that it isn't considered complete UNTIL the ME signs it. Meaning, it could be fully typed and ready to go, but without the ME's signature on it then it isn't considered 'final/complete' and cannot be disseminated. Whether that is the case with NC's autopsy I don't know and didn't hear anything about that. However, LE would already know COD and other details as the ME would communicate with them verbally and sometimes LE will even witness an autopsy (they do in CA, don't know about NC).

It was also told I believe that Chapel Hill ME will call and say it is on its way...send it thru the mail...like it is nothing. I thought I also heard most of it is already known just had to have the signature on it, when the ME decides to sit down and sign it. Is this correct?

The ME's office faxed Michelle Youngs autopsy report to WRAL and the N & O - within minutes of it being signed by the ME. Yes, it is not considered complete until it is signed.

For your information - should you wish to view the autopsy and the photos yourself - you may make an appointment at the ME's office once it has been completed. You do not need to be a relative - but expect LE to contact you asking why you went to view it. The photos will not be included with the report issued for public release.

For your information - should you wish to view the autopsy and the photos yourself - you may make an appointment at the ME's office once it has been completed. You do not need to be a relative - but expect LE to contact you asking why you went to view it. The photos will not be included with the report issued for public release.

Now that I did not know (about the ability to make appt part). Ummm wow. No thank you. Squeamish x 2. Text is plenty...more than enough.

The ME's office faxed Michelle Youngs autopsy report to WRAL and the N & O - within minutes of it being signed by the ME. Yes, it is not considered complete until it is signed.

Are you saying for general purpose to review the autopsy and photo's or are you saying me personally? I have never indicated that I have wanted to see any of it except thru the public media.

I always wondered if I got called for a jury trial (never have before) and it was a murder case and they put up those autopsy photos like they usually do at a trial if I wouldn't end up being dismissed because I wouldn't be able to really look/study it because ewwwww. That's not something asked during voire dire, right? (how 'squeamish' are you?) Me: "really, really squeamish." "This potential juror is dismissed!"

Are you saying for general purpose to review the autopsy and photo's or are you saying me personally? I have never indicated that I have wanted to see anyone of it except thru the public media.

I think he's using the royal 'you' not you, personally. (although I suppose you are rather royal, eh?)

Are you saying for general purpose to review the autopsy and photo's or are you saying me personally? I have never indicated that I have wanted to see anyone of it except thru the public media.

For general purpose - not meaning you personally.

I always wondered if I got called for a jury trial (never have before) and it was a murder case and they put up those autopsy photos like they usually do at a trial if I wouldn't end up being dismissed because I wouldn't be able to really look/study it because ewwwww. That's not something asked during voire dire, right? (how 'squeamish' are you?) Me: "really, really squeamish." "This potential juror is dismissed!"

It is an extremely difficult thing to do but you might be surprised how your mind realizes it as a duty.

It is an extremely difficult thing to do but you might be surprised how your mind realizes it as a duty.
Perhaps so. Since I've never been called before (in any of the states I've lived) I think my chances of being called are actually quite low.

I'll have a look and see if I can't pull out a screen shot!

[Edit: I think I got it!]

The video is much clearer, so I recommend you watch it, but that's definitely a laptop the officer is carrying.

thanks so much! Great help & definitely a laptop. i'm going to go check on houses that recently sold near Nancy's house. That moving van seems strange..... and i also remember it from that day....

I think he's using the royal 'you' not you, personally. (although I suppose you are rather royal, eh?)
No...not royal at all.

I just know the autopsies I have been to, some dictate immediately their findings. They usually find the cause of death or don't leave until they do, because they need to release the body to the family. So I guess what I am saying is the ME most likely knew the COD within a day or two. It is a shame to make this linger on.

OT....but I sure wish I had the red tin/metal roof home right now in Lochmere with the heavy rain that is coming down. I'd be asleep in a minute!!

but remember the horrible fuss about that house? neighbors HATED that roof & how bright it stood out. i always have loved it....

OT--you all know western Wake Co & RDU & northern Wake Co has flood warnings until 1:30 a.m......

Perhaps so. Since I've never been called before (in any of the states I've lived) I think my chances of being called are actually quite low.

SG....I said that this summer while I took another Sociology class...guess what I got the next day after I stated that :confused:
Yup:eek: Jury Duty!
Guess what else...I couldn't find a parking spot and arrived a tad late...got in trouble and put at the top of the list for another date..coming up in NOVEMBER!! Now I assume I will be number 1 when they send me my next confirmed date...:rolleyes:

No...not royal at all.

I just know the autopsies I have been to, some dictate immediately their findings. They usually find the cause of death or don't leave until they do, because they need to release the body to the family. So I guess what I am saying is the ME most likely knew the COD within a day or two. It is a shame to make this linger on.

I was joking about the royal part, btw. Yes, the ME would typically know by the end of the autopsy the cause of death UNLESS it was drugs or poisoning and then they would need to get the tox screen back to know for sure. So they would have verbally communicated COD and other details to LE and then work on that report...yes, their verbal recording would be transcribed.

The PA coroner/ME called my parents as soon as they were done with the autopsy on my brother to tell them COD/estimated TOD. That is typical, esp. in non-homicide cases. The written report, which my parents did not request a copy of was likely done 30 - 60 days later and a death cert. was mailed to them.

SG....I said that this summer while I took another Sociology class...guess what I got the next day after I stated that :confused:
Yup:eek: Jury Duty!
Guess what else...I couldn't find a parking spot and arrived a tad late...got in trouble and put at the top of the list for another date..coming up in NOVEMBER!! Now I assume I will be number 1 when they send me my next confirmed date...:rolleyes:

new rule in wake county that you only have to serve jury duty once every 2 years. i've been called for jury duty tons of times, so i'm grateful for this new rule....

but remember the horrible fuss about that house? neighbors HATED that roof & how bright it stood out. i always have loved it....

OT--you all know western Wake Co & RDU & northern Wake Co has flood warnings until 1:30 a.m......
I absolutely love it....a beautiful white plantation home!
Just like the 'shiny diner' Cary town leaders didn't want...LOL

new rule in wake county that you only have to serve jury duty once every 2 years. i've been called for jury duty tons of times, so i'm grateful for this new rule....

I wonder why some people get called several times and others never get called at all? I haven't, either...

OT, I posted a link to AL's new book...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member