Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several articles stated "her ashes" including articles from Edmonton resources. Assuming the press in NC and Edmonton is accurate I suppose.

Oh wow, I thought I was up on the articles! Shows what I know...

If you are interested here is a link to OCME at Chapel Hill:

http://www.ocme.unc.edu/

Under rules and guidelines your questions are addressed. One thing I found quite interesting is the certification from the ME that is required before a body may be cremated, which Nancy was.

Thanks! Very interesting indeed. So although the ME has to certify that he's inquired into the cause and the manner of death and that no further examination is necessary, this doesn't mean his/her findings have to be completed prior to cremation, correct? The other thing is the release of the remains which makes me wonder if it's possible that NC did have a will (as one of her friends stated). Otherwise it seems clear BC would have received them (or signed them over to her family). Granted this part is only relevant if her ashes were in the urn at the memorial in Canada...
ETA - I see the ashes have being discussed while I've been reading and typing. Will have to check out the articles!

Thanks! Very interesting indeed. So although the ME has to certify that he's inquired into the cause and the manner of death and that no further examination is necessary, this doesn't mean his/her findings have to be completed prior to cremation, correct? The other thing is the release of the remains which makes me wonder if it's possible that NC did have a will (as one of her friends stated). Otherwise it seems clear BC would have received them (or signed them over to her family). Granted this part is only relevant if her ashes were in the urn at the memorial in Canada...

The ME would have his findings completed, not necessarily in written form but he would have known that all samples requested by LE were also collected and submitted to SBI for processing.

I doubt Brad would have argued about the release of her body or the disposition of it. He would hav elost the argument for the same reasons he lost his children.

She was cremated.

The ME would have his findings completed, not necessarily in written form but he would have known that all samples requested by LE were also collected and submitted to SBI for processing.

I doubt Brad would have argued about the release of her body or the disposition of it. He would hav elost the argument for the same reasons he lost his children.

She was cremated.

Got it, thank you! And sad to say I doubt he would have much cared. If he could't bring himself to attend even one memorial service, it doesn't seem like he'd want to bother himself with having to go pick up her ashes (or have them sitting in him house/scattering them) :rolleyes:

Those articles absolutely indicate the urn contained her ashes -- that's good. At least her parents will treat her remains with the respect they deserve!

Got it, thank you! And sad to say I doubt he would have much cared. If he could't bring himself to attend even one memorial service, it doesn't seem like he'd want to bother himself with having to go pick up her ashes (or have them sitting in him house/scattering them) :rolleyes:

Those articles absolutely indicate the urn contained her ashes -- that's good. At least her parents will treat her remains with the respect they deserve!

Reading his affidavits, he didn't have much respect for her in life IMO, I doubt death would have brought any respect either. She is home, where she belongs.

Reading his affidavits, he didn't have much respect for her in life IMO, I doubt death would have brought any respect either. She is home, where she belongs.

Yes she is. It's just so sad that finally getting back to Canada required she be dead and cremated to achieve her homecoming. :mad:

Is this close to what the stair set up is (obviously not the model or the house but it's what I've been picturing based on the conversations). The master bedroom would be off to the right; the "loft" the center part of the picture and the other bedrooms off to the left (all directions looking at the picture)
stairs.jpg

in at least 7 photographs, nancy is wearing the same pair of diamond stud earrings.
she even wore them at the beach.
did she run in them?

did she remove them when she went to bed?
when she showered?
were they missing from her body?
was her wedding ring missing?
cooperewelry8.jpg

cooperjewelry6.jpg

cooperjewelryfamily.jpg

cooperjewelry4.jpg

In my, non homicide, experience, it's not unusual for a coroner to release a body to the family before a cause of death is established. If a COD is not apparent in the first day or two of having the body, they can take tissue and fluid samples, release the body, and continue with their tests. This may not, of course, be the case in a murder, and/or when a body is not found for a period of days.

Cooper ADT alarm and lights, exterior and interior --- what was the norm?
did nancy or brad normally turn off the exterior lights when they got up in the morning?
did they normally turn on the foyer light in the morning?
cooperlights.jpg

NCNative was right, what i thought was a stain in one photo and a Slim Jim in another photo was the actually a rubber car floor mat.

But how did it get in the driveway? did the investigators pull it out?
from which vehicle did it come from?
did brad attempt to wash it?
did it come from the driver's side, front passenger or one of the 2 rear passenger floor?

coopercar.jpg

was this photo taken before or after the investigators had searched the silver SUV or before?

coopermat.jpg

coopercar2.jpg

mystery bag.
what is inside the tall bag?
it could be a rolled rug like someone suggested, although it seems to have a metallic grey color and does not have a coil like a rolled up rug.

it's not the table lamp in the foyer w/ the possible bloodstain on the shade. that had a black iron base.

could it be a silk tree with a wicker basket base?

coopertallbag.jpg

In my, non homicide, experience, it's not unusual for a coroner to release a body to the family before a cause of death is established. If a COD is not apparent in the first day or two of having the body, they can take tissue and fluid samples, release the body, and continue with their tests. This may not, of course, be the case in a murder, and/or when a body is not found for a period of days.

I KNOW that in a murder/suicide, when COD is obvious, the 'victim's' remains will be released within one to two days. (The perp,.... I don't give a chit! :mad:)

I KNOW this is pure speculation on Nancy's part, but I've surmised she died of blunt force trauma. IMO, they made an educated guess as to the COD, as they immediately said it was an 'isolated incident.' (imo, they knew what they were looking at.)

JMHO
fran

I KNOW that in a murder/suicide, when COD is obvious, the 'victim's' remains will be released within one to two days. (The perp,.... I don't give a chit! :mad:)
I KNOW this is pure speculation on Nancy's part, but I've surmised she died of blunt force trauma. IMO, they made an educated guess as to the COD, as they immediately said it was an 'isolated incident.' (imo, they knew what they were looking at.)
JMHO
fran
I haven't formed any concrete thoughts about the COD for Nancy, but I don't discount your speculation, Fran. I doubt it took fluid and tissue samples to determine her COD.

Cooper ADT alarm and lights, exterior and interior --- what was the norm?
did nancy or brad normally turn off the exterior lights when they got up in the morning?
did they normally turn on the foyer light in the morning?

FYI, just because someone has an ADT sticker doesn't mean they have the service enabled.

As for the lights...hard to say because investigators are on-site and may have turned some on.

mystery bag.
what is inside the tall bag?
it could be a rolled rug like someone suggested, although it seems to have a metallic grey color and does not have a coil like a rolled up rug.

it's not the table lamp in the foyer w/ the possible bloodstain on the shade. that had a black iron base.

could it be a silk tree with a wicker basket base?

A silk tree w/basket base is heavy, esp. at the base. I had a 6' silk ficus tree with basket base and that sucker could not have been carried with one arm even by a man, and certainly not at the place where he grasped it as a lot of it's extra weight is in that base so it won't tip over. Nope, I'm going w/Mom's theory that it's a window valance or possibly a bed rail. Right size, right shape, the bottom looks like it forms part of an 'L'...it looks slightly rounded, esp. on that corner. IMHO.

As for stickers on the x5, I wonder if those things are hidden by that shadow/dark bar across the top?

I haven't formed any concrete thoughts about the COD for Nancy, but I don't discount your speculation, Fran. I doubt it took fluid and tissue samples to determine her COD.

I agree. Two obvious causes of death for the ME would be BFT and strangulation. Of course GSW (gunshot wound) would also be obvious as would a stabbing, but my theory is COD will be either BFT or strangulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akoyaqueen