Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SG....I said that this summer while I took another Sociology class...guess what I got the next day after I stated that :confused:
Yup:eek: Jury Duty!

so I may have just jinxed myself and my perfect record of having never been called? :-O

thanks so much! Great help & definitely a laptop. i'm going to go check on houses that recently sold near Nancy's house. That moving van seems strange..... and i also remember it from that day....

coopers were at 104 wallsberg court. 106 wallsburg court sold on 5/21/08; the previous sold house in that area of the neighborhood was last august 07. moving van might have been connected with #106

I wonder why some people get called several times and others never get called at all? I haven't, either...

OT, I posted a link to AL's new book...

i believe that they get the jury folks from voter registrations in wake co. if you're a registered voter, you're in the potential jury pool.

I was joking about the royal part, btw. Yes, the ME would typically know by the end of the autopsy the cause of death UNLESS it was drugs or poisoning and then they would need to get the tox screen back to know for sure. So they would have verbally communicated COD and other details to LE and then work on that report...yes, their verbal recording would be transcribed.

The PA coroner/ME called my parents as soon as they were done with the autopsy on my brother to tell them COD/estimated TOD. That is typical, esp. in non-homicide cases. The written report, which my parents did not request a copy of was likely done 30 - 60 days later and a death cert. was mailed to them.

and LE & the Judge had that info, i believe, when temporary custody was decided.

and LE & the Judge had that info, i believe, when temporary custody was decided.

Oh I hadn't thought of the judge having the info. We were told that the family might not have any info relating to COD--I thought the ME would call and tell the family but in a homicide case in NC that is not true.

so I may have just jinxed myself and my perfect record of having never been called? :-O
It jinxed ME!!! The very next day. I never was called my entire life...hubby has a few times. Now I await for Nov. to see what my number is..I bet it is less than 10.

The ME's office faxed Michelle Youngs autopsy report to WRAL and the N & O - within minutes of it being signed by the ME. Yes, it is not considered complete until it is signed.

For your information - should you wish to view the autopsy and the photos yourself - you may make an appointment at the ME's office once it has been completed. You do not need to be a relative - but expect LE to contact you asking why you went to view it. The photos will not be included with the report issued for public release.

This is something I've wondered about -- from your message I'm taking it that the photos are not considered public record in North Carolina, right?? I remember how hard T. Earnhardt fought in FL to get the law passed there so Dale's photos wouldn't be released (and most likely posted on the internet by some freak). But I wasn't sure about North Carolina laws...

coopers were at 104 wallsberg court. 106 wallsburg court sold on 5/21/08; the previous sold house in that area of the neighborhood was last august 07. moving van might have been connected with #106
I know I saw it during the search when I went by and now the video shows it. It is just weird to have it there when the situation next door is occuring. Almost 60 days later and a moving van? I guess it is reasonable, but questionable too?:waitasec:

This is something I've wondered about -- from your message I'm taking it that the photos are not considered public record in North Carolina, right?? I remember how hard T. Earnhardt fought in FL to get the law passed there so Dale's photos wouldn't be released (and most likely posted on the internet by some freak). But I wasn't sure about North Carolina laws...

The photo's are not released with the public report in NC - except to LE and the DA per NC code. They are available for review but no copies are allowed as I understand it.

This is something I've wondered about -- from your message I'm taking it that the photos are not considered public record in North Carolina, right??
I don't know of any state that routinely releases autopsy photos along with the report to the public. I'm not saying there aren't any states that do, just that I've never heard of one. And, not all states even make the autopsy report a matter of public record. PA doesn't, for instance.

if it was a bloodstain, then BC would be locked up right now. Assuming her cause of death was blunt force trauma, which IIRC we haven't even seen a cause of death.

i'm not convinced that it is not a bloodstain.
it may be that the CPD are still building the case before making the arrest.

all brad said that is that she was going to take a run.
if the evidence supports an attack in the house, he'll say he was in another part of the house when the attack by a stranger occurred.

he will fit his alibi based on what the evidence reveals.

nancy could have been murdered at the house
and then subjected to another attack at the site where she was found. some wounds could be post mortem.

she may have been mortally wounded in the house and later died at the construction site. she may have been attacked further at the site where her body was found and it could have been staged.

i am interested in knowing at what point the car floor mat was put on the driveway.
was it put there by brad or the investigators?
what car did it come from - nancy's or brad?

was brad attempting to wash it off?

i'll try to look through the slideshow.

if something else catches my eye, i'll post it. you may have already talked about it.

I know I saw it during the search when I went by and now the video shows it. It is just weird to have it there when the situation next door is occuring. Almost 60 days later and a moving van? I guess it is reasonable, but questionable too?:waitasec:

Sellers may have negotiated a rent back from the buyers...esp. if buyers were coming in from out of state and had flexibility. I did that for the sellers when I bought my house in CA. They stayed (rented back) for almost 2 months after closing!

The photo's are not released with the public report in NC - except to LE and the DA per NC code. They are available for review but no copies are allowed as I understand it.

Excellent and totally as it should be!!! TY!!!!

Sleuthy - until Earnhardt was killed (and Teresa helped push legislation banning it) the photos were public record - and released - in Florida. That's how pictures of Neil Bonnetts pics were plastered on the internet (and who knows how many other peoples for that matter)

Sellers may have negotiated a rent back from the buyers...esp. if buyers were coming in from out of state and had flexibility. I did that for the sellers when I bought my house in CA. They stayed (rented back) for almost 2 months after closing!

True...what a welcome to your new home they received with crime tape wrapped around the next door neighbors home...

NITE all...

The lampshade has got to be either somebody's mind playing tricks on them or a pattern in the shade. It ain't blood, that is for sure.

you don't know that.

it is a pattern that is dark red. it is not my imagination.

it is visible. it can replicated.

it could be in the fabric pattern of the shade. it could be a digital artifact. it could be fingerpaint, jam, or smashed bug guts.

it could be nancy's blood.

the male investigator on camera right seems to be looking straight at it while the woman videographer shoots the foyer interior.

brad could have mopped the floor and missed the splatter on the shade.

he was in a hurry and under stress. he had 2 little girls in the house and he had just killed his wife.

Excellent and totally as it should be!!! TY!!!!

Sleuthy - until Earnhardt was killed (and Teresa helped push legislation banning it) the photos were public record - and released - in Florida. That's how pictures of Neil Bonnetts pics were plastered on the internet (and who knows how many other peoples for that matter)

If you are interested here is a link to OCME at Chapel Hill:

http://www.ocme.unc.edu/

Under rules and guidelines your questions are addressed. One thing I found quite interesting is the certification from the ME that is required before a body may be cremated, which Nancy was.

If you are interested here is a link to OCME at Chapel Hill:

http://www.ocme.unc.edu/

Under rules and guidelines your questions are addressed. One thing I found quite interesting is the certification from the ME that is required before a body may be cremated, which Nancy was.

I am interested, how did we find out she was cremated? Everyone seemed to know at JJ, but I had asked on the forum and no one answered. I was under the impression the urn was just representative at her memorial.

unless people are doing a ton of work inside the house, they usually move in shortly after closing. old owners obviously must move out before closing unless they are paying new owners to stay there another month or two. possible, but seemed a bit wierd w the timing

I am interested, how did we find out she was cremated? Everyone seemed to know at JJ, but I had asked on the forum and no one answered. I was under the impression the urn was just representative at her memorial.

Several articles stated "her ashes" including articles from Edmonton resources. Assuming the press in NC and Edmonton is accurate I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum