Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lights were ON the night of 12th, RC, according to Toll's Oaks' construction supervisor. He was very helpful by saying it was well lit and a car could easily find its way back there.

Mom, I can't tell from the picture where the little curved street is. It'll bug me now, so I guess I'll have to go back and look.

Well... that answers that question! Thanks for finding out, reddress!

So you would take a chance stopping on a road prone to traffic to dispose of a body rather than going to an area with low to no traffic potential - more isolated from view of a passer by ?

Not me.

Also not far from Lochmere Birkhaven just when you turn off Penney Road is a drop off on Holly Springs road...(that needs a gurard rail IMO) that no one would have found her for quite some time. The cars are traveling at a good speed. No one rides close to the edge of this section unless they want to flip down it.

RC...I think the way the lighting is back there was perfect for this crime. He could drive to the spot without headlights that would raise attention, dump her and been able to see the spot to put her. No headlights being used, no one would see anyone or anything back there occuring.

I don't doubt that but the truth is we do not know those lights were even working on 12 July. What we do know is there is not one single street light in photo 19 at the end of the cul de sac. We also know from Skittles pictures - the street lights are physically present at that location when she took those photos a few weeks later.

The lights were ON the night of 12th, RC, according to Toll's Oaks' construction supervisor. He was very helpful by saying it was well lit and a car could easily find its way back there.

Mom, I can't tell from the picture where the little curved street is. It'll bug me now, so I guess I'll have to go back and look.

Thanks Reddress !

It is driving me nuts myself... I know it is NOT the cul-de-sac NC was found...

BTW...thanks for finding out.

So, I go back to he drove with NO headlights and was able to get around not being seen.

Okay then. That answers a huge question. So he did have a streetlight to see by. But STILL, it is so isolated and visually protected that no one could have seen any activity there.

Good job Red. Thanks for making that call.

I don't doubt that but the truth is we do not know those lights were even working on 12 July. What we do know is there is not one single street light in photo 19 at the end of the cul de sac. We also know from Skittles pictures - the street lights are physically present at that location when she took those photos a few weeks later.
I do know each corner has at least 1 light...not a particular side, but 1 corner of any intersecting roads. You just don't see it, my guess it is right past the netting. They can't put it in the ditch because this subdivision doesn't have curb and gutters, and the lights are set back behind the ditches.

Okay then. That answers a huge question. So he did have a streetlight to see by. But STILL, it is so isolated and visually protected that no one could have seen any activity there.

Good job Red. Thanks for making that call.
Yeah, and remember that series of burms hiding that street from the developed part of the s/d.

I do know each corner has at least 1 light...not a particular side, but 1 corner of any intersecting roads. You just don't see it, my guess it is right past the netting. They can't put it in the ditch because this subdivision doesn't have curb and gutters, and the lights are set back behind the ditches.

I know there is the light by the site, and IIRC, we saw two or three more I believe at the straightaway of the culdesac. At least one light was out, and, while this was mid-morning, the other light/s were lit. The one at the end of the culdesac was not lit at that time.

Wow, Mom, you must have some good eyes, or maybe it's because you've been there... I can't tell head nor tails of any turns!!!
I go every week to her site to let her know she is not forgotten by us WS'ers and none of us will give up on her.

Police were there until 10:30/11:00...many hours it appears. Close to 8 hours?

mom, FWIW, when LE was first at the Cooper home, they probably just talked to Brad to get details. They were most likely using the home as the 'base,' for just the first day. That would be why they were there so late. There were probably people out looking and coming back to report.

Brad was cooperative and did allow LE to go through the home. But without a SW, LE could not remove anything nor 'move' anything. They could only view items that were 'visible' as they walked by. Like, if they saw a drawer that looked interesting, they could NOT open it and check the contents. IF they found something in a drawer they opened, for example, it could NOT be used as 'evidence.'

When LE does get a SW, it has to be very specific on 'what' they're looking for and 'where.' Like when they saw Nancy's purse in the vehicle, they couldn't take it without a SW.

I've seen where LE sees through a window, someone is murdered. But they've waited up to several hours before entering the residence, because they had to get a SW. IF they'd forced entered the residence, which appeared to be the crime scene, anything they found could not be used. They needed a SW.

JMHO
fran

mom, FWIW, when LE was first at the Cooper home, they probably just talked to Brad to get details. They were most likely using the home as the 'base,' for just the first day. That would be why they were there so late. There were probably people out looking and coming back to report.

Brad was cooperative and did allow LE to go through the home. But without a SW, LE could not remove anything nor 'move' anything. They could only view items that were 'visible' as they walked by. Like, if they saw a drawer that looked interesting, they could NOT open it and check the contents. IF they found something in a drawer they opened, for example, it could NOT be used as 'evidence.'

When LE does get a SW, it has to be very specific on 'what' they're looking for and 'where.' Like when they saw Nancy's purse in the vehicle, they couldn't take it without a SW.

I've seen where LE sees through a window, someone is murdered. But they've waited up to several hours before entering the residence, because they had to get a SW. IF they'd forced entered the residence, which appeared to be the crime scene, anything they found could not be used. They needed a SW.

JMHO
fran

Fran,

LE has a bit more leeway than you suggest when they deem someone is dead or their life is in danger.

JMHO
fran

I fully understand what you are saying about a 'base' and the length of hours spent there.
My question originated by the statement...

About 3:45 p.m. Monday, police searched the couple's BMW sedan and BMW SUV. They also removed a Louis Vuitton purse from one vehicle.

Since many thought the purse was taken on Saturday and now this says Monday...that is 3 days since her missing. I think it is quite a lengthy time to sit out in a vehicle as well as wouldn't the LE ask for BC to look thru it for possible clues, notes, phone numbers, etc? 3 days, what is it doing outside?

I have scanned from my files a nice map of the back of the Oaks if someone could instruct me on how to upload it. This site asked for a URL address, which I don't have in my picture file. I am SO computer challanged. Sorry

Fran,

LE has a bit more leeway than you suggest when they deem someone is dead or their life is in danger.

From what I've observed, limited I might add, if LE thinks the person is still alive, they will enter. But if it's determined they're deceased, they generally wait for a SW. I've seen it happen on a number of occasions.

JMHO
fran

I wonder if Toll Brothers will even tell us if the lights were working then. About how often was there a stoplight, Mom? Every few feet, or like, one per cul-de-sac?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I never mentioned a stoplight or did I:waitasec:

ISince many thought the purse was taken on Saturday and now this says Monday...that is 3 days since her missing. I think it is quite a lengthy time to sit out in a vehicle as well as wouldn't the LE ask for BC to look thru it for possible clues, notes, phone numbers, etc? 3 days, what is it doing outside?

Well, I think it was part of the 'staging,' but not everyone agrees with me. ;)

fran

I fully understand what you are saying about a 'base' and the length of hours spent there.

About 3:45 p.m. Monday, police searched the couple's BMW sedan and BMW SUV. They also removed a Louis Vuitton purse from one vehicle.

Since many thought the purse was taken on Saturday and now this says Monday...that is 3 days since her missing. I think it is quite a lengthy time to sit out in a vehicle as well as wouldn't the LE ask for BC to look thru it for possible clues, notes, phone numbers, etc? 3 days, what is it doing outside?

It does seem odd - I agree, I believe LE would have asked about it on Saturday, just to verify if Nancy could have had any id or access to credit cards with her even if to rule out she just ran away on her own. I also think if it was in the X5 on Saturday - while LE was waiting for Brad to return, at least one of them would have looked through the windows of the X5 to see if there was anything inside. Had they seen the purse, more than likely they would have asked about it then.

hmmmm, ya know, it does not say that LE confiscated the purse. Just says they removed it. Maybe they took it out of the car and handed it to BC saying it would not be a good idea for the purse to be in the car.

If anyone is cruising past the house anytime soon - if you can would you please look at the garage side of the house to see if there are any windows into the garage and if the access door (not the garage door itself) on the outside around the corner from the front has a window ?

Pretty please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member