Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dog that found the body could have easily wandered down the path that lead to the berm and got behind the silt fence to sniff the body. The depth of the water could vary at times from completely dry to several feet depending on the amount of rain, evaporation etc. Heavy unconscious firemen are carried out of buildings all the time during actual training or real fires. BC would have tremendous upper body strength from swimming. I wonder if she came into the house by the side garage door and he was waiting for her and hit her with the car just to knock her down so he could render other blows easily. He could have thought that this might prove the "hit by a car while running" theory. This might explain the hair under the car. Long ago I said I thought he might have dumped her over the silt fence in order to be more out of site and she crawled into the water instead of out of it. Or she just couldn't maintain consciousness long enough to get out of the water maybe due to head injury. I really admire all of the thought that has been tossed out on this site. Ya'll are really a bunch of verrrry smart sleuthers.

PERHAPS that's why Brad's attorney was trying to get the autopsy results released, because it COULD possibly be a hit and run. However, IF the hair etc found under the bumper and wheel well turn out to be Nancy's, he's DOA.

Wonder IF he thought that far ahead and actually tried to stage a hit and run? He just didn't know how to clean up well enough. Those forensic people are pretty thorough.

JMHO
fran

You know there are other ways for a blood stain to be on the bed sheet and i beleive most or all of the woman on here might know what i mean.....

Wonder IF he thought that far ahead and actually tried to stage a hit and run? He just didn't know how to clean up well enough. Those forensic people are pretty thorough.

JMHO
fran

I don't think he did think that far ahead or that in-depth. You'd literally need to be on your hands and knees with duck tape, picking up every piece of hair, lint, loose fibers, vacuum multiple times and dispose of/burn the vacuum and all its contents, and use nothing that smelled obviously of 'cleaning solution.' You'd need to dispose of/burn every single piece of evidence that you just picked up as you cleaned. I don't know what would get rid of blood and DNA and not smell AND not show up in a luminol sweep. Any fabric or carpet item with DNA would have to be disposed of/burned down to nothing but ash (and not on-site) to get rid of it.

As for your house, better the police should walk into a cluttered home rather than one that is completely spotless. A spotless homes screams, "I'VE JUST BEEN CLEANED!" You'd be better off with some clutter and some dust and the daily/natural dirt that appears and settles on stuff. We all live with a certain amount of flotsam in our lives. That is normal/natural.

A home that screams "I'VE JUST BEEN SCRUBBED CLEAN" combined with a statement that a husband has done the cleaning for the past 4+ hrs the morning a wife goes missing...a husband not known for EVER cleaning at home..well...it's gonna raise suspicion, ya know? It just does!
And while that doesn't prove murder in any way, it does set off the hinky meter for cops!

O/T is anyone else having a problem with continuously having to log on here? Yes, I keep clicking 'remember me'.

You know there are other ways for a blood stain to be on the bed sheet and i beleive most or all of the woman on here might know what i mean.....

A blood stain would be identifiable and noted as "possible blood stain." Since the detective could not make any kind of preliminary determination on what the stain was...I think we'll find that it wasn't blood.

IMHO.

The dog that found the body could have easily wandered down the path that lead to the berm and got behind the silt fence to sniff the body. The depth of the water could vary at times from completely dry to several feet depending on the amount of rain, evaporation etc. Heavy unconscious firemen are carried out of buildings all the time during actual training or real fires. BC would have tremendous upper body strength from swimming. I wonder if she came into the house by the side garage door and he was waiting for her and hit her with the car just to knock her down so he could render other blows easily. He could have thought that this might prove the "hit by a car while running" theory. This might explain the hair under the car. Long ago I said I thought he might have dumped her over the silt fence in order to be more out of site and she crawled into the water instead of out of it. Or she just couldn't maintain consciousness long enough to get out of the water maybe due to head injury. I really admire all of the thought that has been tossed out on this site. Ya'll are really a bunch of verrrry smart sleuthers.

Wow...you have given this another angle to view it...hit by a car while running! The only problem is he didn't appear to get all the hair removed if it is hers.

Last night EN and I both mentioned the same thing at the same time about her crawling and ending up in the water instead of out. Just barely alive and trying her hardest to get to a surface to hopefully be noticed, but went in the water instead just to critical to make another move.

O/T is anyone else having a problem with continuously having to log on here? Yes, I keep clicking 'remember me'.

Ms. Jilly - i have not but have heard others who have. I don't know the answer but you might try pm'ing Chicoliving - I think she may have the answer for you. Is your current email addy the same as when you registered initially ? You might check that first as they just did some upgrade a night or so ago. Check with Chico. :)

IMHO, that would depend on WHERE on the sheet the 'stain' was. ie., IF it was on the side, it COULD be from 'blood splatter.'

JMHO
fran

I was going to buy a pair of Crocs but they are so d**m ugly. (no offense, star) But when I read they get stuck in escalators, that sealed it for me.

mine are the cleo's - comfy sole and two little straps. nearly nekkid feet, so incredibly comfy. yes, traditional crocs are muy uggy.

I've never heard of Rainbows. But I sure have seen a bunch of them being worn in Cary. I do wonder why they were taken. And why they were listed last, if they were not in the car trunk. And if they were in the trunk, Brad had just vacuumed it. :confused:

yes indeed. and I was very confused, because I tried logging in with my regular screen name instead of my WS name, and kept getting rejected. I NEVER should have had that last birthday! But it has happened about 3 times now. IDK, thought it was just me.

If your password is the same as your username you will have problems! Make sure you change your password.

mine are the cleo's - comfy sole and two little straps. nearly nekkid feet, so incredibly comfy. yes, traditional crocs are muy uggy.

I've never heard of Rainbows. But I sure have seen a bunch of them being worn in Cary. I do wonder why they were taken. And why they were listed last, if they were not in the car trunk. And if they were in the trunk, Brad had just vacuumed it. :confused:

Don't fall into the trap of thinking the order in which things are listed in the inventory means anything Star. You will note one person is logging this stuff in - most likely centrally located in the residence and grabbing stuff to log - not following around the CCBI guys collecting it.

I don't think he did think that far ahead or that in-depth. You'd literally need to be on your hands and knees with duck tape, picking up every piece of hair, lint, loose fibers, vacuum multiple times and dispose of/burn the vacuum and all its contents, and use nothing that smelled obviously of 'cleaning solution.' You'd need to dispose of/burn every single piece of evidence that you just picked up as you cleaned. I don't know what would get rid of blood and DNA and not smell AND not show up in a luminol sweep. Any fabric or carpet item with DNA would have to be disposed of/burned down to nothing but ash (and not on-site) to get rid of it.

As for your house, better the police should walk into a cluttered home rather than one that is completely spotless. A spotless homes screams, "I'VE JUST BEEN CLEANED!" You'd be better off with some clutter and some dust and the daily/natural dirt that appears and settles on stuff. We all live with a certain amount of flotsam in our lives. That is normal/natural.

A home that screams "I'VE JUST BEEN SCRUBBED CLEAN" combined with a statement that a husband has done the cleaning for the past 4+ hrs the morning a wife goes missing...a husband not known for EVER cleaning at home..well...it's gonna raise suspicion, ya know? It just does!
And while that doesn't prove murder in any way, it does set off the hinky meter for cops!

And it did raise suspicion, didn't it, according to the SW affidavit!

BTW, don't forget that wonderful photo of the LE with his head in the trash can, and the one carrying, what, two evidence bags from the trash can area. Vac bag in one of them?

If she was hit by a car, it was a hard bump inside the garage just to knock her down as she walked past it to get to the stairs leading into the house. The shoes could have been his. Maybe they were taken to look for debris where the thong part enters the sole and the bottom for prints. I wonder if they left the outside light on at the garage door when they were gone somewhere at night to have a light when they entered or if they went in throught the front door. I know that I would never enter that door at night with that large bush there. He could have turned the car around while she was gone so it would be facing out when she came into the door. It wouldn't have taken much to knock her down as she walked across to the stairs. He could have done all this without hitting the garage door. It would have happened so fast she would have had time to scream. The garage floor would be easier to clean up.

If your password is the same as your username you will have problems! Make sure you change your password.

Not the same. Just had a brain f*rt and tried using the wrong username. PW was correct. But I do wonder, like jilly, why it is giving us such a hard time.

BTW, don't forget that wonderful photo of the LE with his head in the trash can, and the one carrying, what, two evidence bags from the trash can area. Vac bag in one of them?

Oh yes I remember seeing that poor guy with his head down the garbage can. yuck! Do items confiscated from a trash can outside the home have to be listed as part of what was taken in the SW? I would think yes unless said can was sitting at the curb ready for garbage pickup.

Oh yes I remember seeing that poor guy with his head down the garbage can. yuck! Do items confiscated from a trash can outside the home have to be listed as part of what was taken in the SW? I would think yes unless said can was sitting at the curb ready for garbage pickup.

okay, what is this about not everything they take is listed on the SW inventory? What is the point of listing stuff on the inventory if some stuff is not. This has me confused.

Not the same. Just had a brain f*rt and tried using the wrong username. PW was correct. But I do wonder, like jilly, why it is giving us such a hard time.

Not the same password/username either. This is ridiculous - having to log in every 10 minutes it seems.
Shall check with Chico.
Thanks RC & SGal

okay, what is this about not everything they take is listed on the SW inventory? What is the point of listing stuff on the inventory if some stuff is not. This has me confused.

I asked if items taken from a garbage can outside need to be listed as part of the inventory of what was confiscated in a SW. RC will surely know the answer to this. As far as we know, NOTHING has been taken but not listed on the SWs.

LOL!!! I was just going to google rainbows -- I'm soooo out of fashion -- I've been wearing crocs all summer! (dang - $80 for a pair of flip flops. I like shoes, but that's more than I would pay for flip flops!!!)

And verisimilitude -- :saythat: sorry......"the appearance or semblance of truth; likelihood; probability: The play lacked verisimilitude."

I just have to interject, here. Whenever I hear the word verisimilitude, all I can think of is the old Dave Letterman "Top Ten Words That Sound Great When Spoken By James Earl Jones."

Video:
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/video_player/index/php/892126.phtml

Text:
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/top_ten/index/php/19940105.phtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics