Nancy Grace - 10/16/08 Thursday

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:furious:should NOT have pulled Rob into this fantasy.....what has happened to Mr.Grund????? He was in tears the other night.....

lordy.............this is strange
I think what Rev Grund said has been misunderstood. At least by me...:crazy:
Nancy asked him if he felt Casey could murder Caylee and he said no, he thought it was an accident, and Nancy then asked him, how do you explain the chloraform searched and it being found in her trunk.
He said he thought her plan had been to fake a kidnapping, to get away from home. And something went wrong. So is he meaning both of them would appear to be kidnapped?

Probably in Casey's mind, only a 'bad' mother would pass her child off to her parents to be raised.

Probably in Casey's mind she believed everything her mother told her...

I think he had alittle too much of that Kool Aid. I don't buy the kidnapping theory. If it was true then it was a planned kidnapping that went bad IMHO.

IIRC, Rev G has always said he felt that there was some (mysterious) reason in KC's past that resulted in her seeking a fantasy world. (My words, not his.) So his current statements aren't a surprise to me. I know he and his family love Caylee and I think they loved KC to some extent, too. I think he's having as hard a time reconciling the fact as the Anthonys are. Please don't think that I agree with this line of thinking; it's just that I can understand where he's coming from.

NG show was even more appalling than usual this evening, I had to turn it off 20 minutes into the show. Well, it's just a prosecutor's take on the case, it's so one-sided obviously, that's a given. But still, it's pretty amazing the things that some people will say on national TV about someone they've never even met, without the facts even having been heard in court yet. And they've repeated these comments every night for 3 months now. I wish the station would give us an hour of coverage of the case with a different moderator, for example, Chuck Roberts or somebody, you know, just an even-handed news program about it, without the burn her at the stake mentality. Many people on the show don't even seem to have read much about the case, they don't even seem to know about all the players, it's like they think Casey and Caylee were just alone on an island together or something when Caylee disappeared. They're not raising any useful questions. I thought the show had improved slightly just lately, but it was extra awful tonight. The way they misquote people too, especially the defense, and twist words around, it's just too gross.

The scary thing is that the investigation by LE appears to have been just as limited. And they're not supposed to be prosecutors, they're supposed to be investigators. Again, I say appears, I'm judging by what's been in the media, we certainly hope there was much more investigation and that it is ongoing....But judging from appearance, only a handful of the people KC and Caylee had been around during the time frame seem to have even been questioned. Little or no forensics done in the homes in question or in anybody's car, etc (apparently). Do they even care that one of the people she was hanging around the first week of July, a person who talked here on WS about supposedly using chloroform on detainees when he was in the military (I sure hope he was only joking, it didn't seem like a joke), has now taken a job overseas and is moving or has already moved out of the country? This is only one example, I don't mean that that particular person is guilty of anything, he is presumed innocent as are they all, and as is KC. But if you were LE wouldn't you have investigated all these people and be surveilling and so on, taken the cadaver dogs to all of these places, just as a matter of routine investigation? I don't believe that one guy was even questioned. This kind of thing, that's what I'll never understand. ....How will they ever find Caylee or find out what may have happened to her and who was involved? Well like I said, I hope a WHOLE lot of investigation went on that has not been made public. Hope they didn't have tunnel vision in this case.

I think Cindy and George would have been thrilled to raise Caylee on their own and Caylee would have wanted for nothing.

And she would have ended up as screwed up as Casey.

O/T

Watching CSI right now and I have a hard time believing this was really one of Casey's fav shows. Casey is such an lousy criminal.

Nancy asked him if he felt Casey could murder Caylee and he said no, he thought it was an accident, and Nancy then asked him, how do you explain the chloraform searched and it being found in her trunk.
He said he thought her plan had been to fake a kidnapping, to get away from home. And something went wrong. So is he meaning both of them would appear to be kidnapped?

Doesn't gel though with fight on Father's day.

I agree she'd stage a kidnapping gone bad to cover the demise of Caylee but why would they both need to get kidnapped to get away from CA?

KC did get away from CA for 31 days, kidnapping or not -- she just needed someone to provide her/them a home and, maybe get a job to provide for herself.

She is supposedly an adult so a kidnapping was not needed, she just needed to go but also be responsible enough to have a home and a living.

Still out of character because, Caylee was still cramping her style.... the evidence clearly suggests she wanted to move on absent Caylee but there was a power struggle -- so did not want CA to have her either.

NG show was even more appalling than usual this evening, I had to turn it off 20 minutes into the show. Well, it's just a prosecutor's take on the case. It's just one-sided. But still, it's pretty amazing the things that some people will say on national TV about someone they've never even met, without the facts even having been heard in court yet. And they've repeated these comments every night for 3 months now. I wish the station would give us an hour of coverage of the case with a different moderator, for example, Chuck Roberts or somebody, you know, just an even-handed news program about it, without the burn her at the stake mentality. Many people on the show don't even seem to have read much about the case, they don't even seem to know about all the players, it's like they think Casey and Caylee were just alone on an island together or something when Caylee disappeared. They're not raising any useful questions. I thought the show had improved slightly just lately, but it was extra awful tonight. The way they misquote people too, especially the defense, and twist words around, it's really appalling.

No new host! it is after all the "Nancy Grace" show

I don't think leaving Cayley with parents would be an option in Casey's mind. I mean her mom tried to strangle her - those two had issues. Leaving them Cayley would make them happy and Casey was pissed at her mom at least if not dad too. I would think even if Casey didn't care much about Cayley, she'd look at it more as even if she didn't want a child there was NO WAY her parents could have her.

Sweet- I think that is what she wanted folks to believe (b/c of the murder in the park earlier), but she realized that runnng would be harder with a child and she didn't want that xtra baggage (ugh) and if she was ever found later, she could claim the kidnappers killed her precious daughter and she was suffering from amnesia, or was a victim of the sex slave trade!

IIRC, Rev G has always said he felt that there was some (mysterious) reason in KC's past that resulted in her seeking a fantasy world. (My words, not his.) So his current statements aren't a surprise to me. I know he and his family love Caylee and I think they loved KC to some extent, too. I think he's having as hard a time reconciling the fact as the Anthonys are. Please don't think that I agree with this line of thinking; it's just that I can understand where he's coming from.

I agree with you, they are having a hard time reconciling the fact that the person they knew and loved could do such an evil thing. I think that it is probably just now sinking in. I do feel such compassion for this family, as it is obvious how much they love Caylee.

I don't think leaving Cayley with parents would be an option in Casey's mind. I mean her mom tried to strangle her - those two had issues. Leaving them Cayley would make them happy and Casey was pissed at her mom at least if not dad too. I would think even if Casey didn't care much about Cayley, she'd look at it more as even if she didn't want a child there was NO WAY her parents could have her.

I've never heard anyone but LP say that Cindy tried to strangle Casey. LP saying it doesn't make it true.

Exactly right. NG is simply reporting what "was" while TM has already announced what "will be." That's where the confusion is. :)
It is easy to get confused about this. Now you see 'em, now you don't...we'll be searching Wednesday...umm, well make that November. This has changed so much I quit trying to keep up.

It is really sad about the little boy in Nevada who is missing, but shows a really good point to anyone who could believe a kidnapping theory with Caylee.
This mother in Nevada, drug herself bond and tied out to the street corner to get help! Even apparently knowing that drugs were somehow involved, it did not scare her into not telling authorities.
Casey should watch this in jail, because this is what a mother who cares for their child would do regardless of what is going on!

I also think he and his family are distressed. He does not want to believe the evidence and is hoping it is wrong. That is denial. However, he is not blinding himself to things. He just wants a rational reason when there IS no rational reason.

It is really sad about the little boy in Nevada who is missing, but shows a really good point to anyone who could believe a kidnapping theory with Caylee.
This mother in Nevada, drug herself bond and tied out to the street corner to get help! Even apparently knowing that drugs were somehow involved, it did not scare her into not telling authorities.
Casey should watch this in jail, because this is what a mother who cares for their child would do regardless of what is going on!

Well said

NG show was even more appalling than usual this evening, I had to turn it off 20 minutes into the show. Well, it's just a prosecutor's take on the case, it's so one-sided obviously, that's a given. But still, it's pretty amazing the things that some people will say on national TV about someone they've never even met, without the facts even having been heard in court yet. And they've repeated these comments every night for 3 months now. I wish the station would give us an hour of coverage of the case with a different moderator, for example, Chuck Roberts or somebody, you know, just an even-handed news program about it, without the burn her at the stake mentality. Many people on the show don't even seem to have read much about the case, they don't even seem to know about all the players, it's like they think Casey and Caylee were just alone on an island together or something when Caylee disappeared. They're not raising any useful questions. I thought the show had improved slightly just lately, but it was extra awful tonight. The way they misquote people too, especially the defense, and twist words around, it's just too gross.

My guess is that you haven't listened to some of the idiotic things coming out of the defense camp. Things like "the truth will come out in my opening statement." That is without a doubt, the dummest thing I have ever heard since words out of an attorneys mouth are NOT supposed to be thought of as the truth since the attorney is not under oath. More like "the spin will come out in my opening statement."

Yup, According to Lee, Casey said it herself..."I'm A Spiteful Biotch"! :furious:

The party girl in her could have been contributed to Caylee's death in a big way.

In March friends tell investigators, Casey was disappointed that she couldn't join friends for a Island Party vacation in July, because she couldn't find a babysitter for Caylee.

Starting in March Casey's computer shows that someone searched the stories of missing child on several websites......
http://www.wftv.com/video/17723898/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back