Nancy Grace 10/24/08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Re: Bet that one day defense will use "miscarriage defense"

I did not say it was a GOOD theory or a even a viable theory (and I certainly DO NOT BELIEVE IT) but I just feel it might be floated out there (since Casey did cry about Brandon and an alleged miscarriage). It has tons of holes but sure as hell has less holes than the squirrel or pizza defense!

I'm betting the defense would be willing to trot that theory out there. It may be the best they've got, and we already know the drama KC pulled once with it at the party. Hey, it's better than squirrels and pizza.

So, please someone tell me that they can do better than mDNA. I mean, what do they need? Something has to differentiate KC's dna from Caylee's.

Well, I suppose in Casey-land, once could have a miscarriage as often as needed, LOL :crazy:

LMAO!!! Oh yeah. You know I have known a few girls that pulled that one too when things were not going how they liked in a relationship. Sad but true.

If the intent was to pass on messages to the family, then the conversation would not be privileged.

A person has a privilege to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, a confidential communication by the person to a member of the clergy in his or her capacity as spiritual advisor. . . . A communication between a member of the clergy and a person is "confidential" if made privately for the purpose of seeking spiritual counsel and advice from the member of the clergy in the usual course of his or her practice or discipline and not intended for further disclosure except to other persons present in furtherance of the communication. Fla. Stat. � 90.505.
http://www.churchlawtoday.com/private/library/cltr/c0600331.htm

Which means that it can not be taped, etc.

But that doesn't mean the clergy is automaticly insured of keeping it all mum. A Priest , because of the confessional part of the faith, are known for not talking about confessions. IT is knowing they will not tell, that a person trusts to talk to them. So the priest have to protect this right.

Not ALL faith have such confessions, and such promise. So a clergy can talk about it all later. They only law they would be breaking, is their own moral or religious law. The Governmental law just states that such coversations will be kept private, not recored or monitored. And that clergys will not be called by the LE to testifiy to what they heard.

I recall CA in an media interview, I believe it was also shown on NG tonight where she says he was also a homicide detective. I'm almost positive that is what I heard. She did say he was a deputy sheriff as well.

They played that part with her saying that twice on the show tonight...."homicide detective."

I'm betting the defense would be willing to trot that theory out there. It may be the best they've got, and we already know the drama KC pulled once with it at the party. Hey, it's better than squirrels and pizza.

So, please someone tell me that they can do better than mDNA. I mean, what do they need? Something has to differentiate KC's dna from Caylee's.

The nuclear DNA in the root of the hair shaft would, if they were able to retrieve it.

I feel like LE has a great deal of evidence against Casey. Rememebr the phone logs...they didn't show anything for the 17th..they had it all blacked out..so I am speculating there is something pretty damning in those calls...and that is the date many people believe she got rid of Caylee's body...hence the 2.6 days decomposition...2 days in the trunk. That is what I think anyway.

Privileged communications:

Sorry, I did not look up Florida law when I wrote "clergy" I just shot from the hip. It may specify "priest". I don't know and I'm taking Friday night off from looking (unless the information jumps in my lap!).

So Kobi said that the chloroform could have formed on it's own in the trunk. Huh, that would be a coincidence since Casey was looking up recipes for it.

Also he said the decomp could have been from a squirrel. Would the hair found then be the squirrel's and did the squirrel have the same mitochondrial DNA as Casey?

Kobi is a boob.

:waitasec: Whatever!

He said the exact opposite a few weeks ago BEFORE he became a member of the CA team. I remember NG asking him that very question!

He was also asked about human decomp vs animal decomp and he said there could never be any mistaking one for the other!

They played that part with her saying that twice on the show tonight...."homicide detective."
He was rather briefly a deputy sheriff, left 20 years ago, went to work for his father-in-law, briefly, as I recall.

:waitasec: Whatever!

He said the exact opposite a few weeks ago BEFORE he became a member of the CA team. I remember NG asking him that very question!

He was also asked about human decomp vs animal decomp and he said there could never be any mistaking one for the other!

He, as part of Casey's defense team is now trying to raise reasonable doubt, but it is really very unreasonable. My fear is that the jury will also be unreasonable (O.J.) and Casey will walk or get off on a lesser charge. Caylee deserves so much more.

I don't see why LP would say that KC was using her Clergy member to pass messages to George & Cindy

Thats what started all this I think.....If the visits are taped then what difference does it make...LE is going to know what they're saying

Amazing...I watched the show, too, and I heard him say that a clergy member was visiting KC and that would save JB time. I did not hear him say that the clergy was passing messages.

Also, she saw B. Snow at the end of May and already had the miscarriage.

So, it would be interesting to know how long ago this supposedly happened?!?

Damn these creatures of the swamp and their relentless BS.

Can anyone tell me how pizza decomposes??? They kept saying that on NG tonight. Is rotting adn decomposing the same thing?
I've always eaten it up or put it in the fridge, but I hear it just dries out. I heard this pizza was supposed to be the "all meat" kind, so maybe it would attract insects, but the experiment LE did apparently didn't produce any maggots. :waitasec:

CA did make a comment recently that they receive their information (pass messages) through JB rather than going to see KC or receiving phone calls from KC.

Yes. And when you look at the text messages, there is one that states that KC has letters to pass to the family memebers after a prayer vigil. Letters that passed from JB to family members.

The same letters that the A family denied ever receiving, I might add.

I looked up Florida Statutes and put the clergy stuff in its own thread as this visit may become a regular thing. There are cases that have "waived" the privilege where other people were around when the priest and the parishioner were within earshot of other people. In order to keep the privilege the visits have to be "private" (which I think they have a special area for attorneys and clergy at the jail).

I am gonna go out on a limb here-

I am occasionally pro DP, tho as of late I have been less so -It disgusts me that it costs so much more to house DP inmates, and I feel that hell on earth (being in gen pop, or ad seg for the rest of one's natural life) is more of a punishment. The reason I continue to advocate for it is it's use as a bargaining tool to get cooperation from perps as to testimony against accomplices, body recovery, etc.

My feeling is that in this case, (even tho evidence leads us to believe it is warranted under fed law), proving it beyond ALL doubt will be difficult without Caylee's body. Even if Caylee is found, unless there is physical proof of injury (decomp will not show soft tissue damage or a soft kill) the defense will be able to argue that pros. can not prove that the death was not due to an accident or neglect. Now I know that the prosecution only needs to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, but I think that jurors tend not to give the DP to women unless there is NO Doubt of pre-meditation, horrific circumstances, etc. The fact that I think that her own family is not above lying and bending the truth on the stand in order to slant things will not be lost on the jury and the public will create both outrage as well as sympathy for the family.

Because of all the ire and spotlight focused on the A's, this case, this community-and the fact that this case has taken on a life of it's own, I am going to be very surprised if the DP is sought. The leaks from OSCO early on about their theory of the case is enough to give jurors a whiff of reasonable doubt about motive - heck, even the # of us here that agree on her guilt but can't agree on how or why it happened-(and you can bet the def. will bring that up). I am sure that the prosecution has enuff evidence that we don't know about, and (barring rogue jurors) will be able to get a guilty verdict. I hope so b/c I think KC is a sociopath who deliberately set out to destroy her daughter and live a life of her own design while giving the finger to anyone who wanted to hold her accountable.

However, I am going to bet that because of the murky(ish) facts of the case (again, due to lies, destruction of evidence, differing interpretations of facts, and the fact that police were 31 days behind the 8-ball), the rarity of even Fla seeking the death P for women, the State of Fla. will not seek it.

I like my Crow served ala mode, with a sprinkling of cinnamon and a crunchy cookie on the side! I would love some feedback on this!:):)

I think Casey killed Caylee on purpose. But I think, for all of the reasons you gave, the state won't go after the DP.

I also think not having a body will be a factor. Unless the scientific evidence can be explained in a way that makes sense to lay people.

I've always eaten it up or put it in the fridge, but I hear it just dries out. I heard this pizza was supposed to be the "all meat" kind, so maybe it would attract insects, but the experiment LE did apparently didn't produce any maggots. :waitasec:

IIRC, the docs today said that it was pepperoni and mushroom that they "decomped". I couldn't believe that they had to list that, but I suppose that had to since we know the pizza theory will come up! I don't know if that is the same kind of pizza that was in the trunk. So strange!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back