Nancy Grace 11/13/08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post much, but like some others on the board I feel like I want to interject my two cents here. I am local, just about 8 miles outside of Orlando. I found your board because of a link that was posted on a blog in the Orlando Sentinal online site, came on over and was fascinated about all of this. We've been hearing about this case since very minute one and, as it grew and the whole nation got involved little Caylee became especially special to all of us. We see George and Cindy every weekend when we do our grocery shopping, my father-in-law's truck was towed to the same lot as Casey's when my nephew got in trouble with it, and my husband works for Orange County Parks and Recreation and Blanchard Park is part of his workday. I was never a "sleuther" and had never really felt compelled to get involved in anything in such depth.

Why in the world is she telling me all of this you may ask? Well, I also never knew of Tim Miller and his crew prior to this (although I did briefly hear about his efforts in the Natalie Holloway case), and I never heard of Leonard Padilla prior to this case. That being said, I have no real emotion ties to either of these gentleman, never was a big fan either way, not really "emotionally" involved with either one. Here are my observations:

1. Leonard Padilla has never one time mentioned the cost of anything he has ever done in behalf of Caylee. Yes, we know what the bond was because that was public knowledge, but I have never heard him once express how much anything is "costing him". As a matter of fact, every time I ever heard Leonard talk about money it was referenced to "donate it to Tim".

2. On the other hand, however, it seems as though every time Tim Miller was interviewed, somehow or another, he let everyone know how much this was costing him. As a matter of fact, when he was interviewed on the local stations this last time, that was pretty much all he talked about was his funding and how much this was costing him. And trust me, locally this has been covered morning, noon and night on every channel at every news time for a long time now. Well, you haul all of your enormous arsenal of equipment into town, search for a short period of time, leave, go somewhere else, come back, leave again. It seems to me that would be an enormous burden on your expenses.

3. The night that the meeting was held prior to the last search it was naturally covered locally and there were a lot of surprised locals to see the pomp and circumstance surrounding that meeting. From the news coverage (granted, I was not there) that nightclub looked decked out to Tim's organization. The local reporter was there talking to some of the volunteers as they came out the door and there were more than one person saying that "it was not what they had expected".

4. Cindy did an interview this afternoon with all of the reporters locally and she was talking about "speaking with Tim Miller last night" and that Tim told her personally that someone had planted "cow bones or something" at the last search, perhaps insinuating this is what could happen if Leonard found anything.

I have watched the whole tone and demeanor of Tim Miller change here in the last week. There were many, many people that were shocked when he pulled up stakes and left town this last time. First he was on television talking about "the conditions couldn't get any better" and "if she's there we're going to find her" and then almost overnight he changed to "I don't think she will ever be found". It was awfully strange.

Leonard, on the other hand, may have been duped in the beginning, but right after he realized who and what he was dealing with, he has never wavered, not once, from his theory and his goal of bringing that baby home. Oh, he might be a bit brasher than we may all like, but he has NEVER ONCE wavered, never asked for money and never left !!

Trust me, my heart goes out to Tim Miller and his tragic experience with his daughter. I lost a child to tragic circumstances myself, a shy, young 16-year-old who was invited out of town with her girlfriend and her family for a long weekend. Didn't want to go, but I encouraged her that it would be fun and fine and sent her on her way. She died in a car accident - talk about feeling responsible. So, emotionally I take nothing from this dear man whatsoever.

I personally think that Leonard Padilla, as brash and cowboy as he is, has behaved like a true gentleman and really wants to bring this baby home. He has nothing to gain by any of this. Tim, on the other hand, has been made to be the hero by a lot of people. There is fanfare when he arrives, disappointment when he leaves and even more fanfare when he returns. His behavior and name calling and demeaning the efforts of others speaks volumes - who really has something to gain or lose by not bringing this baby home? Does he do good for others - he certainly does - but isn't the goal of everyone involved to bring the baby home?

I'm sorry for the long post, I will go back to being just a reader now and leave the sleuthing to the experts !! I just thought I could bring some perspective from an almost "neutral" audience.

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm sorry for the long post, I will go back to being just a reader now and leave the sleuthing to the experts !! I just thought I could bring some perspective from an almost "neutral" audience.

Welcome, Fla Mom.

Thanks so much for the 'insiders' view on what's going on down there. Great post & very well said!!!

Please stick around & post more.

I think anastasia's point was that the A's are having a meet and greet to try to change their image and get more $$$ LP is who he is and no meet and greet for funds for him! Show me where LP has EVER asked for money.
Sorry anastasia if I got that wrong!

I've never heard him ask for money. Where is all this money he's making???

What really got to me on tonights show was when they talked about how Casey caught part of the show and how she non-chalantly just sashayed her evil a$$ back into her cell without showing one bit of emotion. How can CA and GA hear that on the news and not wonder WTF? :waitasec:

Because CA is the same way. Did you see her interview today? Cool as a cucumber, neither CA or KC had any concern whatsoever that this couldve been Caylee. Makes ya wonder why huh?:waitasec:

No, but anybody that cares about Caylee being found is going to be glued to the computer when they're reporting that a shamrock pendant (not true) and bones that looked like tiny finger or toe bones (not true) were pulled from the river where LP had his divers. Who was feeding the media the false info ?
Who called the media in the first place ?

The facts and LP are strangers.

The media was there prior to Murt and LP getting there at 8:00Am IIRC. I started watching Murts stream camera at about 9:00am and there were several media trucks. They found the bag around 12:00(CT). LP was sitting at a picnic table, the media rushed over when they realized the divers were pulling something from the water. No one had to call media, they were already there. There were no boundries, everyone including the media had every right to walk around it is a public park.

Welcome, Fla Mom.

Thanks so much for the 'insiders' view on what's going on down there. Great post & very well said!!!

Please stick around & post more.

I agree and it's nice to get a fresh perspective:crazy:

She usually kisses Cindy's a$$ even when she isn't a guest on the show. I suspect NG's lipstick will appear brown by the end of tomorrows show.

I think that will depend on Cindy. If she behaves herself like she did on tv today-yeah. But, if she makes the mistake of thinking she can talk to her like MN did last week-it will be must see tv! I for one will be totally pizzed if Nancy plays soft ball with her like the morning shows did. I really don't know if I really want to hear Cindy for an hour-but I don't know if I can stop myself!!!:sheesh:

Great first post Florida Mom. Welcome to WS! It's always great to get a local's view.

I think he also failed to say that he got a $30,000.00 check from the sister of one of the people that is missing in NC......she was the one standing with him at the press conference when he said he was leaving Orlando and going to NC.

But its not about $$ right??:confused:

She was found in a car. Apples and oranges concerning the sonar. Unless of course Caylee is in a car. IMO

It's not apples and oranges. Someone suggested that TES had only found one person. That is simply not true. Without Tim's side sonar, this woman would not have been found. Imagine the relief of her family after 5 years.

I don't post much, but like some others on the board I feel like I want to interject my two cents here. I am local, just about 8 miles outside of Orlando. I found your board because of a link that was posted on a blog in the Orlando Sentinal online site, came on over and was fascinated about all of this. We've been hearing about this case since very minute one and, as it grew and the whole nation got involved little Caylee became especially special to all of us. We see George and Cindy every weekend when we do our grocery shopping, my father-in-law's truck was towed to the same lot as Casey's when my nephew got in trouble with it, and my husband works for Orange County Parks and Recreation and Blanchard Park is part of his workday. I was never a "sleuther" and had never really felt compelled to get involved in anything in such depth.

Why in the world is she telling me all of this you may ask? Well, I also never knew of Tim Miller and his crew prior to this (although I did briefly hear about his efforts in the Natalie Holloway case), and I never heard of Leonard Padilla prior to this case. That being said, I have no real emotion ties to either of these gentleman, never was a big fan either way, not really "emotionally" involved with either one. Here are my observations:

1. Leonard Padilla has never one time mentioned the cost of anything he has ever done in behalf of Caylee. Yes, we know what the bond was because that was public knowledge, but I have never heard him once express how much anything is "costing him". As a matter of fact, every time I ever heard Leonard talk about money it was referenced to "donate it to Tim".

2. On the other hand, however, it seems as though every time Tim Miller was interviewed, somehow or another, he let everyone know how much this was costing him. As a matter of fact, when he was interviewed on the local stations this last time, that was pretty much all he talked about was his funding and how much this was costing him. And trust me, locally this has been covered morning, noon and night on every channel at every news time for a long time now. Well, you haul all of your enormous arsenal of equipment into town, search for a short period of time, leave, go somewhere else, come back, leave again. It seems to me that would be an enormous burden on your expenses.

3. The night that the meeting was held prior to the last search it was naturally covered locally and there were a lot of surprised locals to see the pomp and circumstance surrounding that meeting. From the news coverage (granted, I was not there) that nightclub looked decked out to Tim's organization. The local reporter was there talking to some of the volunteers as they came out the door and there were more than one person saying that "it was not what they had expected".

4. Cindy did an interview this afternoon with all of the reporters locally and she was talking about "speaking with Tim Miller last night" and that Tim told her personally that someone had planted "cow bones or something" at the last search, perhaps insinuating this is what could happen if Leonard found anything.

I have watched the whole tone and demeanor of Tim Miller change here in the last week. There were many, many people that were shocked when he pulled up stakes and left town this last time. First he was on television talking about "the conditions couldn't get any better" and "if she's there we're going to find her" and then almost overnight he changed to "I don't think she will ever be found". It was awfully strange.

Leonard, on the other hand, may have been duped in the beginning, but right after he realized who and what he was dealing with, he has never wavered, not once, from his theory and his goal of bringing that baby home. Oh, he might be a bit brasher than we may all like, but he has NEVER ONCE wavered, never asked for money and never left !!

Trust me, my heart goes out to Tim Miller and his tragic experience with his daughter. I lost a child to tragic circumstances myself, a shy, young 16-year-old who was invited out of town with her girlfriend and her family for a long weekend. Didn't want to go, but I encouraged her that it would be fun and fine and sent her on her way. She died in a car accident - talk about feeling responsible. So, emotionally I take nothing from this dear man whatsoever.

I personally think that Leonard Padilla, as brash and cowboy as he is, has behaved like a true gentleman and really wants to bring this baby home. He has nothing to gain by any of this. Tim, on the other hand, has been made to be the hero by a lot of people. There is fanfare when he arrives, disappointment when he leaves and even more fanfare when he returns. His behavior and name calling and demeaning the efforts of others speaks volumes - who really has something to gain or lose by not bringing this baby home? Does he do good for others - he certainly does - but isn't the goal of everyone involved to bring the baby home?

Welcome & thanks for the local & neutral perspective.

:)

I haven't professed to BELIEVE either LP or Tim. I don't know either one from Adam's housecat....but from the posts I have seen on this forum, people put TM right up there with JC. Yes he lost a daughter, yes he does searches, yes he does good things. From what people say.

People also say LP is a good man. An ex FBI agent stated on national TV that whatever LP said you "could take to the bank".

I just wanted to know if you personally knew Tim. That's all. Not trying to push anybody. I just find some of TM's actions contrary to what posters blindly claim about him

I think this whole case has Tim on his last nerve just as I am on mine. Time to take a break from WS to settle down and put things into perspective.

:clap::clap:You should post more often and bless you too.:blowkiss:

I don't post much, but like some others on the board I feel like I want to interject my two cents here.

~Snipped for space~

:clap::clap: Welcome to WS! This was a well thought out and sincere post. Thanks for bringing up some very valid points. Please don't go back to just reading. We can always learn from new perspectives and fresh ideas. (Pssst...we aren't experts either! LOL)

ETA (Edited to add): I am so sorry for your loss. You are not responsible for your daughter's death. Accidents happen and blaming yourself for wanting her to go to have some fun was you only being a good parent. Hugs~ I hope you find a quiet peace. :(

What kind of "meet & greet" are the A's participating in this weekend?

Yes, I heard that. While you have Tivo look at the little doll in the bag, isn't that a Happy Meal toy from the Barbie stuff they sold this spring and summer? I guess I should ask if you have children maybe you don't purchase H Meals...

My point is if they come back and say, oh, that has been there for years, or whatever... and I have never seen a Gumby break? Or had one that looked like a shamrock?

I was thinking the same thing about the doll. If the person with Tivo can give us a still frame picture, that would be great. I have a ton of McD's toys still in the wrappers which probably indicate the date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214