Nancy Grace - Thurs., 1/29/09

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez is probably entitled to the test results if JG gave them to the prosecution. Disclosure laws, you know.

So if KC refuses to go to court and she's charged with contempt of court, what will happen? She'll be sent to jail? Charged a fine? Put in solitary confinement? Or will they hold back her treats? NG would love that.

I'm not postive but I think if she would be charged with contempt say for x amount of days it would be added onto her sentence later.

I agree with you, Boston. She would kill again.

I don't know how she's going to explain the computer searches.

Neck breaking, Chloroform, Making Weapons out of Household Chemicals & Missing Children

Sounds like premeditation to me & I hope the jury feels the same way

because they can paint a motive for him to be the killer and if they get really lucky they can find jesse's dna somewhere at the scene = reasonable doubt

and unlike the nanny that doesn't exist they can show casey and jesse were in contact with each other during the 31 days

Sorry I wasn't very clear..I get the reason for wanting his DNA but don't get why JB doesn't have to be HONEST in his request.

Oh my gosh, did I just agree with Renee Rockwell? This might be a first. I think she said JB's motion is off track and they need to get back to the business of saving KC's life.

OK, so maybe not 100 percent agreement!!

Think NL said "jail officials" said she's refusing to go & they'll use force if necessary.

My DH is a Sergeant in Corrections here in NY and they use force to take them to court. Would love to be a bug on the wall tomorrow when KC says she aint goin!!!

This is actually not true. The defense is entitled via discovery access to the evidence the state plans to enter into the trial. JB is not entitled to every bit of legwork the state has done. He actually has to do some of this on his own. The state cannot hold back evidence that would indicate Casey is not guilty.

That's not what I learned as a girl friday for a lawyer in Philly. Of course that was when I was 19 & was interested in such things. I'm not referring to all legwork, only considering JG's dna test regarding the paternity of Caylee. I know for a fact it's supposed to be provided to the defense, as long as the defense requests it and pays for it. Lest we not forget that the prosecution already made it public knowledge that another young man's death certificate is included in the docs. This opens up the door for the defense to ask for the copy of said dna/paternity test and be supplied with such requested evidence. I wouldn't be surprised if the defense is provided all requested info on the same day that the trial date is set, probably tomorrow. That in turn would give the defense less time to investigate. It's a strategy that's been used for years & years.

My DH is a Sergeant in Corrections here in NY and they use force to take them to court. Would love to be a bug on the wall tomorrow when KC says she aint goin!!!
Yeah the last time it looked to me like she had been crying. Wow! She is going to be pi(*&%!

what's the point of trying to incude Jesse ... he took DNA test and it showed he was not the father

I wish some of the callers would know how to talk a little better, and leave out the uh's and the um's, and get to the point a little quicker....I am so annoyed with NG for some reason tonight....

If Cindy shows tomorrow, I predict she will dissolve into hysteria when she first lays eyes on Casey. It will disrupt the whole proceeding. (Unless, of course, she is medicated.) And who would go with her? She should not be alone for this.

CA lawyer will be with CA, but hopefully CA won't go because it will just be a circus again.......
Judge would have to have CA removed and then CA might get sympathy.

GA might be released tomorrow, but hopefully he isn't there either, sympathy is not intended at this hearing........

NG talking security, small motor cade no one will see kc til she is in court room.........(in sexy jumpsuit and shackles? kc should wash her hair and get dolled up)

Has the state said this or is it just spec?..At this point they have true DNA from her remains so there's no need for this 'known' sample. They have to want JG's DNA.

exactly - either that or to compare markers.

I don't know how she's going to explain the computer searches.

Neck breaking, Chloroform, Making Weapons out of Household Chemicals & Missing Children

Sounds like premeditation to me & I hope the jury feels the same way
Quite a group of searches, and it looks highly suspicious!
She'd been thinking on the idea of killing little Caylee for quite a while, I think. And the older Caylee got, the smarter and the more talkative. And children are so honest. And we know Casey can't handle honest!
I can't see how any potential juror could see any other way except premeditation. jmo

You are so right on. I have seen D's brought into court in straight jacket type anti suicide suits and anti spit helmets and I have never seen a D able to tell a Judge when they will or will not appear in court. Jail LE is probably thinking "go ahead, make our day". :behindbar

what's the point of trying to incude Jesse ... he took DNA test and it showed he was not the father

Thay are hoping his DNA will match up with any other DNA evidence LE has collect??

I know I"m slow but why is she making such a fuss about appearing in court? Attention seeking?

So they would use a straight jacket if needed??? Cool!:clap:

Isn't it odd that kc is not afraid of anything?
She can look the Judge in the eye and say I'm not going into court today?
kc seems entitled to a queen status!
I guess no one ever had the guts to tell her she is 'NOTHING'.............IMO

I wish some of the callers would know how to talk a little better, and leave out the uh's and the um's, and get to the point a little quicker....I am so annoyed with NG for some reason tonight....

I agree. I about fell asleep waiting for the last one to finally get to her question.

I wonder why Casey doesn't want to go to court. I'd think anything that gets her out of that tiny cell for a while would be a welcome change. Could it be that she's ashamed? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousWhiskers