GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the aftermath of the recent release of Olivia Jade's fake college athletic resume, some believe the intentional move may shine a light on what's to come for the YouTuber herself.

According to Deseret News, brand and reputation management expert Eric Schiffer's theory is that the prosecution may be "hinting" that they are also building a case against Olivia as well.

"You know, she may face her own charges," Schiffer said, adding, "I mean, they released that document. Who knows what they're gonna do? To me, that was a clear and present danger signal coming from the prosecution that she may get charged. And it's a message to her parents that if they want to protect their daughter, they better play ball."

What Olivia Jade’s exposed fake resume really means for Lori Loughlin

College Admissions Scandal Update: Prosecutors May Be 'Hinting' At Future Before Lori Loughlin's Trial

Is it even a crime to submit a fake resume to a college?

OJ did not pay singer. It is all about making the actual payments. You know how X wants to kill her husband so she is in a car talking to the hit man who is really an undercover officer, but until she hands over the money they have no case against her. None.

Also OJ has proof that mom asked Singer for help with the application and can say she did not write the resume, and trusted her parents if
they had her sign it etc...I don't picture OJ researching Crew team competitions in order to put together that resume. I do not think she wrote any of it.

They don't have a case against her and any good defense attorney could get it thrown out of court in my opinion. Not worth a federal trial over.
Much to do about nothing...

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
They probably need the extra year to try to find SOME witness who can verify OJ rowed for at least one of those 15 regattas listed on her resume. :eek:

I thought that they complained before that they had not received any of the evidence against them. Now, they need more time because there is too much evidence?

Lori Loughlin slams Boston prosecutors in college admissions scandal – Boston Herald

In a collision of two major Boston scandals, Loughlin and husband Mossimo Giannulli cite one of the blistering rulings federal Judge Leo Sorokin issued last week as he tossed the extortion convictions in the city’s music festival case.

Sorokin chewed out U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling’s office, saying the prosecution’s handling of 302s — FBI interview records — “seriously undermines present disclosure practice.”

Loughlin, Giannulli and other parents charged have been arguing for months that the feds are denying them a fair trial by withholding the 302s from interviews with college scam mastermind Rick Singer, who is now a government witness.

Loughlin and Giannulli’s attorneys said Friday Sorokin’s ruling shows Lelling’s office has a “fundamentally flawed understanding of its disclosure obligations.”

Xiaoning Sui, another one of the parents charged, pleaded guilty to a charge of bribery. She admitted to paying UCLA soccer coach Jorge Salcido $100,000 for the coach to invent the fact that her son is a star soccer player in Canada, thereby getting him into college as a recruit for the Division I men’s team.

Sui will be sentenced at a later date, but both the prosecution and defense have agreed to an agreement for time served, as Sui, a Canadian resident who was picked up in Spain, has spent the past five-plus months in a Spanish jail as she awaited extradition on this charge.

suisc005.jpg

Lori Loughlin slams Boston prosecutors in college admissions scandal – Boston Herald

"An heiress to the Hot Pockets microwaveable snack fortune will be sentenced Tuesday in connection to the sweeping college admissions scandal — and prosecutors are looking for her to serve nearly two years behind bars."

https://nypost.com/2020/02/25/michelle-janavs-to-be-sentenced-in-college-admissions-scandal/
From your link:
“Janavs was one of the “most culpable parents” charged in the case — engaging in the scheme multiple times and waiting to accept responsibility until months after her arrest, prosecutors charge....

Seeking 21 month sentence...

But in court documents, Janavs’ lawyers portrayed her as a dedicated mother and philanthropist victimized by Singer’s “manipulative sales tactics” because of the love for her children and the high-stress college admissions process.”

She’s similar to LL, in that she held out. So interesting to see if that’s a factor in sentencing.

And “oh please” to the dedicated mother bit. Succumbed to stress of college admissions process... Good grief what parent ENJOYS senior year? Deadlines, applications, fees, SATs, ACTs, and spring fever that sets in September lol? That’s why we celebrate graduation- because it’s OVER, duh! We don’t all go out on photo shoots for sports shots that never happened. I’ll pipe down now, but if I hear the “dedicated mother” crap again...

And “oh please” to the dedicated mother bit. Succumbed to stress of college admissions process... Good grief what parent ENJOYS senior year? Deadlines, applications, fees, SATs, ACTs, and spring fever that sets in September lol? That’s why we celebrate graduation- because it’s OVER, duh! We don’t all go out on photo shoots for sports shots that never happened. I’ll pipe down now, but if I hear the “dedicated mother” crap again...
Snipped and bolded by me

AMEN!! The process sucks.

But succumbing to the stress to lie, bribe, cheat? Um...no, that is not what "good moms" do.

jmo

Ex-University of Texas tennis coach who took $100,000 bribe in college admissions scandal collapses and sobs as judge hands down six-month prison sentence

Former U of Texas tennis coach gets 6 months in college scam | Daily Mail Online
Oh boo hoo. Maybe he can start up a tennis team at prison & get out early on good behavior. He should have to pay back that entire 100K bribe to Texas scholarship fund. Mo. Was the money addressed at sentencing? Didn’t see mention of it.

Oh boo hoo. Maybe he can start up a tennis team at prison & get out early on good behavior. He should have to pay back that entire 100K bribe to Texas scholarship fund. Mo. Was the money addressed at sentencing? Didn’t see mention of it.
A coach who cries in the face of defeat? What a loser. Face the responsibility, apologize for bringing disgrace to your sport and to your school, and be grateful the sentence wasn't longer.

No sympathy from me.

jmo

There is a photo here of him running from the courthouse:

Ex-coach gets 6 months in college scam, runs from courthouse
Going thru the slides, he’s SMILING in one. Prob thinking it’s still the easiest 100K he’s ever made. If all he has to do for that 100K bribe is sit his *** in prison for 6 months- and not have to release those funds, maybe not so bad. How many Americans make 100K in 6 months? IS HE GOING TO GET TO KEEP THAT MONEY?!

"An heiress to the Hot Pockets microwaveable snack fortune will be sentenced Tuesday in connection to the sweeping college admissions scandal — and prosecutors are looking for her to serve nearly two years behind bars."

https://nypost.com/2020/02/25/michelle-janavs-to-be-sentenced-in-college-admissions-scandal/
Update, bbm

"An heiress to the Hot Pockets microwaveable snack fortune was sentenced Tuesday to serve five months in prison for trying to buy her daughters' way into college as part of the nationwide admissions scandal.

Michelle Janavs, 49, whose family invented Hot Pockets in 1983 before selling the company, was also sentenced to two years of supervised release and ordered to pay a $250,000 fine when she learned her fate in Boston federal court."

https://nypost.com/2020/02/25/hot-p...ed-to-5-months-in-college-admissions-scandal/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3