GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they didn't know about the fake resume!

Lori Loughlin and Husband Didn't Know About Olivia Jade's Fake Resume, Says Source

Lori Loughlin and Husband Didn't Know About Olivia Jade's Fake Resume, Says Source

A source close to Lori Loughlin tells PEOPLE she "didn't have anything to do" with creating the falsified document.

But the source insists that the first time Loughlin and Giannulli saw the resume was when it was released by prosecutors — and that they had no part in creating the document.

“They didn’t have anything to do with it,” says the insider. “The handwritten part isn’t in any of their writing. They don’t even know enough about crew to know what awards are prestigious or not. They are not capable of falsifying a resume like that, because that’s not their world”

Wait, didn't they falsify rowing photos? I guess that is different..o_O

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/rowing-fake-boat-emotions-expression-woman-50335901.jpg
I know, makes me want to shake them or something. It’s like paying a hit man to kill someone, and claiming you are innocent because you don’t know “how” they did it. These people are seriously delusional..... or is it really just flat out dishonest. SMH

Egad - Lori's court date is for OCTOBER.

I can understand why courts give a deal when defendants plea guilty - it really helps clear out the calendar, imo.

BBM:

"Actress Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband Mossimo Giannulli will go on trial for their alleged roles the college admissions scandal on Oct. 5, a federal judge in Boston ruled Thursday."
https://pagesix.com/2020/02/27/lori...3.1509658474.1581907594-1571985433.1581907594

Trial dates set:

10/5/2020 - Defendants set to stand trial:

Gamal ABDELAZIZ -
Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Diane & Todd BLAKE - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Mossimo GIANNULLI & Lori LOUGHLIN - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

John WILSON - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering; wire fraud and honest services wire fraud – aiding and abetting; and federal programs bribery – aiding and abetting; filing a false tax return.

Homayoun ZADEH - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Robert ZANGRILLO - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering; wire fraud and honest services wire fraud – aiding and abetting.

Investigations of College Admissions and Testing Bribery Scheme

01/11/2021 - Defendants set to stand trial:

David SIDOO - Conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud; money laundering conspiracy.

Amy & Gregory COLBURN,
- Conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud; money laundering conspiracy.

I-Hsin “Joey” CHEN - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit money laundering; wire fraud and honest services wire fraud – aiding and abetting.

Elisabeth KIMMEL - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

William McGLASHAN - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering; wire fraud and honest services wire fraud – aiding and abetting.

Marci PALATELLA - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Egad - Lori's court date is for OCTOBER.

I can understand why courts give a deal when defendants plea guilty - it really helps clear out the calendar, imo.

BBM:

"Actress Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband Mossimo Giannulli will go on trial for their alleged roles the college admissions scandal on Oct. 5, a federal judge in Boston ruled Thursday."
https://pagesix.com/2020/02/27/lori...3.1509658474.1581907594-1571985433.1581907594
Trial dates set:

Gamal ABDELAZIZ -
Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Diane & Todd BLAKE - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Mossimo GIANNULLI & Lori LOUGHLIN - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

John WILSON - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering; wire fraud and honest services wire fraud – aiding and abetting; and federal programs bribery – aiding and abetting; filing a false tax return.

Homayoun ZADEH - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Robert ZANGRILLO - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering; wire fraud and honest services wire fraud – aiding and abetting.

01/11/2021 - Defendants set to stand trial:

David SIDOO - Conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud; money laundering conspiracy.

Amy & Gregory COLBURN,
- Conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud; money laundering conspiracy.

I-Hsin “Joey” CHEN - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit money laundering; wire fraud and honest services wire fraud – aiding and abetting.

Elisabeth KIMMEL - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.

William McGLASHAN - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering; wire fraud and honest services wire fraud – aiding and abetting.

Marci PALATELLA - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery; conspiracy to commit money laundering.
October 2020 & January 2021. These parents dragging this out sure don’t seem concerned with the best interests of their kids AT ALL. For stubborn pride & refusal to concede fault, they are keeping this scandal- and their kids names, reputations, futures held hostage to this process. Front & center in MSM. IMHO it is stunningly selfish. Two wrongs will never make a right. A dog with a bone... they see nothing but the bone. No perspective! The longer they drag this out the slower & tougher the recovery. So stupid! Moo

I know, makes me want to shake them or something. It’s like paying a hit man to kill someone, and claiming you are innocent because you don’t know “how” they did it. These people are seriously delusional..... or is it really just flat out dishonest. SMH

One of it is high powered lawyers. It is a very different world when you have literally millions of $'s to spend on top slick LA Boston etc.... law firms who are the best of the best in the federal courts. If money is no object those attorneys will make you feel like you have enough evidence for an aquittal.

And we are talking huge huge law firms with tons of employees not the law firms in my small city where I go and talk to just one lawyer when I have an appointment, and then I go meet my one attorney at the courthouse driving there myself and parking my own car, no one carrying my papers.

It's a whole different world for L&M who are convinced by all the trappings that they have the backing to win this thing.

L&M get the royal treatment. Their high priced law firm flies them across the country, picks them up in an SUV limo then takes them to an upscale hotel. Then they are driven to court where a whole army from their law firm is there to walk them in. L&M pay for it all but their law firm makes the arrangements.

Also, as I have read in the MSM, Lori is working a great deal with her attorneys, probably has them over to her house for coffee and I am not joking. All of this is just my own opinion but I do think the high priced law firm, with all of their attendant investigators, is one of the main reasons L&M are fighting this AND they want their reputation back.

Friday, February 28, 2020

College scam mastermind deleted evidence, Lori Loughlin’s attorneys claim

The Feb. 19 letter from defense lawyers, included in court papers filed Thursday said. "it appears a substantial number — approximately 250 — of Mr. Singer’s Messages after late September 2018 (after Mr. Singer became a cooperator) have been deleted, including messages with defendants in this case.”

Lawyers for Loughlin and the other defendants noted in the letter that deleting evidence in a federal case is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

Among the deleted material was the record of an October 2018 iMessage conversation that Singer had with actress Felicity Huffman....."

Last edited:
They are so stupid. They should have done it the old fashioned way. Donate a wing.
I thought they decided to ignore their chance to actually do it legit?

Didn't an article say they had an opportunity to visit campus and get special attention for
OJ's application? But Moss said it was the nicest he's been turning someone down?

Last edited:
One of it is high powered lawyers. It is a very different world when you have literally millions of $'s to spend on top slick LA Boston etc.... law firms who are the best of the best in the federal courts. If money is no object those attorneys will make you feel like you have enough evidence for an aquittal.

And we are talking huge huge law firms with tons of employees not the law firms in my small city where I go and talk to just one lawyer when I have an appointment, and then I go meet my one attorney at the courthouse driving there myself and parking my own car, no one carrying my papers.

It's a whole different world for L&M who are convinced by all the trappings that they have the backing to win this thing.

L&M get the royal treatment. Their high priced law firm flies them across the country, picks them up in an SUV limo then takes them to an upscale hotel. Then they are driven to court where a whole army from their law firm is there to walk them in. L&M pay for it all but their law firm makes the arrangements.

Also, as I have read in the MSM, Lori is working a great deal with her attorneys, probably has them over to her house for coffee and I am not joking. All of this is just my own opinion but I do think the high priced law firm, with all of their attendant investigators, is one of the main reasons L&M are fighting this AND they want their reputation back.

I deal with a lot of attorneys, and their clients who have six or eight homes...but, in the end, the facts, usually are easy to lay out. This is the law, this is how these people broke the law.

They can put down government employees who make far less than their attorneys. But, it isn't the person who makes the most money wins. It is the facts.

Lori Loughlin: Feds, star witness' attorney not playing by the rules in college admissions scam case

PUBLISHED: March 1, 2020 at 5:05 p.m. | UPDATED: March 2, 2020 at 7:11 a.m.

Attorneys representing the “Full House” actress and 14 other parents wrote to federal Judge Nathaniel Gorton:

“And we hope that the court’s admonishment at yesterday’s Status Conference will put an end to these attempts to prosecute our clients in the media rather than in the courtroom.

“It is not going to be tried in the newspapers or on the internet,” Judge Gorton said, “and counsel are forewarned that if I become aware that either counsel for government or defendants is not exercising appropriate constraint in that regard, there will be consequences.”

In an ABC News article last week, a "source" called Singer’s notes “a con man’s interpretation.” Newspaper articles last week quoted Singer’s attorney Donald Heller saying prosecutors “never pressured his client to say anything untruthful.”

Attorneys say defendants were also prejudiced by prosecutors talking about the case, when U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling said in an October TV interview feds would “be asking for a substantial” sentence for Loughlin if she doesn’t plead guilty.

The letter also cites a December report in which a spokeswoman for Lelling’s office wrote in a statement of “information about unnamed alleged co-conspirators.”

Lelling’s office declined to comment Sunday.

Judge Orders USC to Come Clean on Admissions Process in Lori Loughlin Case

The judge is ordering USC to turn over unredacted documents in the college admissions scandal. According to the judge, the University has been misleading the court by blacking out certain information in documents it's produced.

The judge says prosecutors have argued students trying to get into USC do NOT get preferential treatment if influential people advocate for them. However, the judge says she's now seen unredacted USC emails which "directly contradict" that claim from prosecutors.

While the court had previously allowed USC to redact names of applicants and school officials -- it's now changing that because it sees the information is critical to defense attorneys in the case.

Gamal ABDELAZIZ -

Jury selection will start in late September.

Lori Loughlin, Bill McGlashan point to new proof in college scam

Judge Orders USC to Come Clean on Admissions Process in Lori Loughlin Case

The judge is ordering USC to turn over unredacted documents in the college admissions scandal. According to the judge, the University has been misleading the court by blacking out certain information in documents it's produced.

The judge says prosecutors have argued students trying to get into USC do NOT get preferential treatment if influential people advocate for them. However, the judge says she's now seen unredacted USC emails which "directly contradict" that claim from prosecutors.

While the court had previously allowed USC to redact names of applicants and school officials -- it's now changing that because it sees the information is critical to defense attorneys in the case.
How interesting that the defense could rely on "the whole system is corrupt, not just us."

Why are the "elite" considered the "elite" when they have to cheat to be elite?

jmo

From the article:
“Prosecutors said Singer’s notes actually support the government’s case. The parents’ donations via checks written out to USC athletic programs constitute bribes, they contend, and Singer instructed his clients to make those donations.

‘Calling something a donation, or making it out to a program, does not make it legitimate,’ Assistant U.S. Attorney Eric Rosen told the court Thursday.”

This case, specifically for Loughlin and her arrogant husband, along with the Smollet case, are so ripe for schadenfreude. For those unfamiliar with that great German word, here is the definition:

Schadenfreude - Pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

I can't wait to see her go down. If that makes me a petty human being, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detconan