GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Prosecutors slam proposed trial groupings from Lori Loughlin, other college admission defendants

Assistant US Attorney Eric S. Rosen’s filing Wednesday came in response to a recent submission by lawyers for Loughlin, her husband and eight other defendants in which they voiced opposition to the government’s proposed trial groupings for their clients.

The defense attorneys proposed alternate groupings and said the feds’ proposal “makes no effort to group similar Defendants together.” Trying them in the groups suggested by the government, the defense lawyers wrote, would leave their clients vulnerable to "unrelated prejudicial evidence, thus greatly increasing the likelihood of prejudicial error.”

Not so, Rosen countered in Wednesday’s pleading.

Last edited:
Going thru the slides, he’s SMILING in one. Prob thinking it’s still the easiest 100K he’s ever made. If all he has to do for that 100K bribe is sit his *** in prison for 6 months- and not have to release those funds, maybe not so bad. How many Americans make 100K in 6 months? IS HE GOING TO GET TO KEEP THAT MONEY?!

I think he is running to get that "suitcase of $100K " and move it to a new location before the feds serve a warrant and find it! ....LOL... 2 Cents....;)

ASSOCIATED PRESS
FEB 25, 2020 @ 4:24AM
Michael-Center.jpg

Michael Center, former men's tennis coach at the University of Texas at Austin, runs from federal court in Boston, Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, after being sentenced in a nationwide college admissions bribery scandal. (AP Photo/Steven Senne)

Michael Center collapsed into his chair and sobbed with his face in his hands after the judge declared he would spend time behind bars for actions that undermined the public's faith in the college admissions process.

See link from @JerseyGirl Thankx JG

Last edited:
From the NYT article above:

“While Sophia Macy, a daughter of the actors Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy, was flying to Juilliard for a final round of auditions for admission to the performing arts school, officials sent her an email withdrawing the invitation. “She called us from the airport in hysterics,” Mr. Macy wrote to a judge last year, as Ms. Huffman was being sentenced for arranging cheating on her daughter’s SAT test...

According to Ms. Janavs’s lawyers, Sage Hill also banned her daughters from campus and events like graduation and prom, allowing them to complete the year’s work at home and allowing the older girl to receive a diploma. The lawyers wrote that the girls “were shunned by friends, teachers, and classmates....

Most of the parents — even those whose cases have yet to be decided — have faced consequences outside the courtroom: They lost high-paying jobs, had professional licenses suspended or investigated, or were publicly shamed as examples of greed and bad parenting.”

From the NYT article above:

“While Sophia Macy, a daughter of the actors Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy, was flying to Juilliard for a final round of auditions for admission to the performing arts school, officials sent her an email withdrawing the invitation. “She called us from the airport in hysterics,” Mr. Macy wrote to a judge last year, as Ms. Huffman was being sentenced for arranging cheating on her daughter’s SAT test...

According to Ms. Janavs’s lawyers, Sage Hill also banned her daughters from campus and events like graduation and prom, allowing them to complete the year’s work at home and allowing the older girl to receive a diploma. The lawyers wrote that the girls “were shunned by friends, teachers, and classmates....

Most of the parents — even those whose cases have yet to be decided — have faced consequences outside the courtroom: They lost high-paying jobs, had professional licenses suspended or investigated, or were publicly shamed as examples of greed and bad parenting.”
Wonder if they'll catch on that millions of kids never get invitations to audition or access to so-called elite places....and manage to figure out other paths to success and a good life.

No sympathy from me, though I'm sure getting the dis-invitation while en route to Julliard did sting.

But....do something else. Accept that whatever you were doing failed, pick yourself up, and figure out another way. It's possible. Millions of other kids that age do it, with a helluva lot fewer advantages.

jmo

Lori Loughlin says new evidence proves she did not know college admissions payment was a bribe | Daily Mail Online

“Lawyers for Lori Loughlin and her husband Mossimo Giannulli said Wednesday that new evidence proves she did not know her college admissions payment was a bribe.

The couple say notes written by mastermind Rick Singer support their claim that they believed they were making legitimate donations as a fundraising gift.

Loughlin and Giannulli are accused of paying $500,000 to get their daughters into the University of Southern California as crew recruits even though neither was a rower.

Authorities say the money was funneled through a sham charity operated by college admissions consultant Singer, who has pleaded guilty to orchestrating the scheme.

Now lawyers for 'Full House' actress Loughlin and her fashion designer husband, Giannulli have accused prosecutors of hiding crucial evidence that could prove the couple's innocence because it would undermine their case.

Their filing came on the eve of a status hearing in the case scheduled for Thursday at Boston's federal court in the sweeping college admissions bribery case.

It was expected that the judge would set a trial date for the parents still fighting the charges at that hearing”

Lori Loughlin says new evidence proves she did not know college admissions payment was a bribe | Daily Mail Online

“Lawyers for Lori Loughlin and her husband Mossimo Giannulli said Wednesday that new evidence proves she did not know her college admissions payment was a bribe.

The couple say notes written by mastermind Rick Singer support their claim that they believed they were making legitimate donations as a fundraising gift.

Loughlin and Giannulli are accused of paying $500,000 to get their daughters into the University of Southern California as crew recruits even though neither was a rower.

Authorities say the money was funneled through a sham charity operated by college admissions consultant Singer, who has pleaded guilty to orchestrating the scheme.

Now lawyers for 'Full House' actress Loughlin and her fashion designer husband, Giannulli have accused prosecutors of hiding crucial evidence that could prove the couple's innocence because it would undermine their case.

Their filing came on the eve of a status hearing in the case scheduled for Thursday at Boston's federal court in the sweeping college admissions bribery case.

It was expected that the judge would set a trial date for the parents still fighting the charges at that hearing”
Grasping again:
“...the couple believed the payments were 'legitimate donations' that would go directly to USC as a fundraising gift or support Singer's charity.”

Was the rowing photo shoot and fake resume part of the legitimate fundraiser too? Puhleeeez.

I know, right?! They are delusional!
Notes from Rick Singer prove they thought it was a fundraising contribution? Give me a break! What, was he going to write a note saying - "Write a check for a bribe." Of course any note he wrote is going to look legit, but that doesn't mean it is.

Can't wait to hear the excuse for the rowing photos.

jmo

They can cry and say they have "notes", I'm not buying it and neither should the prosecution or the Judge. let's go back to some of the emails:

New evidence against Lori Loughlin and husband revealed in government motion - KVIA

In one element of the profile created for their older daughter, she is described as “an earnest, outspoken, incredibly positive-minded coxswain” who “puts extra effort in to everything she does.”

One email exchange discusses the photos used of that daughter as a part of the profile. After Singer sent now-former USC official Donna Heinel the falsified profile of the older Giannulli daughter, Heinel requested a different photo of the girl.

“Donna asked for a picture of her in a boat,” Singer wrote to one of his associates. “Is there a coxswain picture we can use that is tough to see the face since they are sitting online?” Singer wrote.

In another exchange, a USC development official reached out to Giannulli as an alumni of the university, inquiring if they could set up an individualized tour or “flag” his daughter’s application. “I think we are all squared away,” Giannulli responded to the official. He forwarded the email to his wife, Loughlin, with an addition — “The nicest I’ve been at blowing off somebody.”

Giannulli’s deep ties to USC extended in other ways as well. When he was set to play golf with the then-USC Athletics Director Pat Haden at Augusta National, he emailed Singer that he wasn’t going to say anything about their working together. In response, Singer referenced a meeting with Haden a year prior when Haden told him that he “felt you were good for a million plus.” Giannulli replied, “HAH!!”

Other emails shed light on the payment and donation process when it came to the Key Worldwide Foundation, the sham charity run by Singer. When Singer instructed the couple to send a $50,000 check payable to USC Womens (sic) Athletics and another $200,000 to Singer’s fake charity the Key Worldwide Foundation, Giannulli forwarded the $200,000 invoice to his financial adviser and wrote “the last college ‘donation’ for [my younger daughter]. Can’t I write this off?”

They can cry and say they have "notes", I'm not buying it and neither should the prosecution or the Judge. let's go back to some of the emails:

New evidence against Lori Loughlin and husband revealed in government motion - KVIA

In one element of the profile created for their older daughter, she is described as “an earnest, outspoken, incredibly positive-minded coxswain” who “puts extra effort in to everything she does.”

One email exchange discusses the photos used of that daughter as a part of the profile. After Singer sent now-former USC official Donna Heinel the falsified profile of the older Giannulli daughter, Heinel requested a different photo of the girl.

“Donna asked for a picture of her in a boat,” Singer wrote to one of his associates. “Is there a coxswain picture we can use that is tough to see the face since they are sitting online?” Singer wrote.

In another exchange, a USC development official reached out to Giannulli as an alumni of the university, inquiring if they could set up an individualized tour or “flag” his daughter’s application. “I think we are all squared away,” Giannulli responded to the official. He forwarded the email to his wife, Loughlin, with an addition — “The nicest I’ve been at blowing off somebody.”

Giannulli’s deep ties to USC extended in other ways as well. When he was set to play golf with the then-USC Athletics Director Pat Haden at Augusta National, he emailed Singer that he wasn’t going to say anything about their working together. In response, Singer referenced a meeting with Haden a year prior when Haden told him that he “felt you were good for a million plus.” Giannulli replied, “HAH!!”

Other emails shed light on the payment and donation process when it came to the Key Worldwide Foundation, the sham charity run by Singer. When Singer instructed the couple to send a $50,000 check payable to USC Womens (sic) Athletics and another $200,000 to Singer’s fake charity the Key Worldwide Foundation, Giannulli forwarded the $200,000 invoice to his financial adviser and wrote “the last college ‘donation’ for [my younger daughter]. Can’t I write this off?”

Yeah right--her attorney says--- so i guess it must be true (dont make me laugh)
he says the FBI told Singer to lie--'sure---uh-huh

Grasping again:
“...the couple believed the payments were 'legitimate donations' that would go directly to USC as a fundraising gift or support Singer's charity.”

Was the rowing photo shoot and fake resume part of the legitimate fundraiser too? Puhleeeez.
But they didn't know about the fake resume!

Lori Loughlin and Husband Didn't Know About Olivia Jade's Fake Resume, Says Source

Lori Loughlin and Husband Didn't Know About Olivia Jade's Fake Resume, Says Source

A source close to Lori Loughlin tells PEOPLE she "didn't have anything to do" with creating the falsified document.

But the source insists that the first time Loughlin and Giannulli saw the resume was when it was released by prosecutors — and that they had no part in creating the document.

“They didn’t have anything to do with it,” says the insider. “The handwritten part isn’t in any of their writing. They don’t even know enough about crew to know what awards are prestigious or not. They are not capable of falsifying a resume like that, because that’s not their world”

Wait, didn't they falsify rowing photos? I guess that is different..o_O

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/rowing-fake-boat-emotions-expression-woman-50335901.jpg

Last edited:
Of all the defendants i am aware of in this case, Lori Loughlin is by far the most repulsive and disgusting--she carries an air of condescension and entitlement as part of her
persona-as does her husband---they both make me sick--they are, through their
attorneys throwing a bunch of poop at the wall, to see what sticks.

So, the new defense is that they paid people to "assist" their daughter, OJ, to go to USC, and had no clue what these folks said or did.

They were just told to make a large donation.

Okay. That is still paying a bribe to get their daughter into USC.

So, the new defense is that they paid people to "assist" their daughter, OJ, to go to USC, and had no clue what these folks said or did.

They were just told to make a large donation.

Okay. That is still paying a bribe to get their daughter into USC.
There is no way Lori Loughlin possibly believes that anyone is going to buy this. Playing the clueless act per stereotype of course.

There is no way Lori Loughlin possibly believes that anyone is going to buy this. Playing the clueless act per stereotype of course.

The hand holding that LL and MG have constantly back and forth to court, is a bit much. Has anyone else noticed this? And I have noticed that LL is always in the lead, with MG trailing behind, rather like a truculent toddler, with Mama holding his hand leading him to wherever she says.

Interesting body language. Maybe LL was the driver in this all the way along.

Of all the defendants i am aware of in this case, Lori Loughlin is by far the most repulsive and disgusting--she carries an air of condescension and entitlement as part of her
persona-as does her husband---they both make me sick--they are, through their
attorneys throwing a bunch of poop at the wall, to see what sticks.
Boy am I with you! The extra cost to the government (us) for her to continue carrying on this disgraceful charade is nauseating- beyond the disgust of the original crime. I hope her sentencing is BRUTAL. She can fling her poo on the prison walls & see how it sticks there. Jmo, of course.

Boy am I with you! The extra cost to the government (us) for her to continue carrying on this disgraceful charade is nauseating- beyond the disgust of the original crime. I hope her sentencing is BRUTAL. She can fling her poo on the prison walls & see how it sticks there. Jmo, of course.

i too hope her sentence is brutal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member