GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xiaoning Sui, another one of the parents charged, pleaded guilty to a charge of bribery. She admitted to paying UCLA soccer coach Jorge Salcido $100,000 for the coach to invent the fact that her son is a star soccer player in Canada, thereby getting him into college as a recruit for the Division I men’s team.

Sui will be sentenced at a later date, but both the prosecution and defense have agreed to an agreement for time served, as Sui, a Canadian resident who was picked up in Spain, has spent the past five-plus months in a Spanish jail as she awaited extradition on this charge.

suisc005.jpg

Lori Loughlin slams Boston prosecutors in college admissions scandal – Boston Herald

Chinese parent in U.S. college admissions scandal fined $250,000

Prosecutors said the five months she spent in prison waiting for extradition was comparable to the sentences imposed on other parents charged in the scandal. Sui's lawyer argued his client was "deeply regretful" and had been punished enough.

But while U.S. District Judge Douglas Woodlock agreed in sentencing her to time served that Sui had spent enough time in prison, he said she deserved the maximum fine possible.

"It's a money crime," he said. "And it seems to me that it ought to be paid for in money, too."

Lori Loughlin and her husband Mossimo Giannulli have changed their plea to guilty in the college bribery admission scandal.

The pair have for months denied their role in paying $500,000 to get their daughters into USC under false pretenses.

The Justice Department on Thursday announced they had changed their plea to guilty on a range of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud.

As part of their plea deal, the pair will both serve two months in prison and pay $150,000.

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli plead GUILTY in college admissions scandal | Daily Mail Online

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli finally got wise to the fact that they were going to be convicted. I am glad they are pleading out and saving all of the rest of us the money spent on trials. But, I would have loved to see what they tried to pass off as their defense. I guess the PR people told them a truth they couldn't avoid hearing.

This seems like a just outcome. I really did not want to see LL spend years in prison. What she does after this will hopefully have been a wake up call. She could turn this around still. She needs to start this with her daughter. She can try and help her "get over herself". No one else can.

Lori Loughlin to Plead Guilty in College Admissions Scandal, Agrees to Serve 2 Months in Prison | Xfinity

Lori Loughlin is set to plead guilty in her college admissions scandal case.

According to the U.S. Attorney's Office, the Full House star and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, have agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy charges in connection with securing the fraudulent admission of their two children, Olivia Jade and Bella Giannulli, to the University of Southern California as purported athletic recruits.

Loughlin will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud. Giannulli will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and honest services wire and mail fraud...

This seems like a just outcome. I really did not want to see LL spend years in prison. What she does after this will hopefully have been a wake up call. She could turn this around still. She needs to start this with her daughter. She can try and help her "get over herself". No one else can.
me either - I wanted a fair punishment - curious why the husband got more than double her prison time though? I should read up on it - I still remember her on Edge of Night....
JMO

I really do not understand their logic. If they had pleaded guilty long ago with genuine remorse like Felicity Huffman then they may have not done such severe irreparable damage to their reputations. Their legal responses to the court and their actions in trying to get out of the charges will not be forgotten by the public and the industry’s which they worked in. They have also set a terrible example to their daughters. I personally will be surprised if Lori works as an actress again.

I really do not understand their logic. If they had pleaded guilty long ago with genuine remorse like Felicity Huffman then they may have not done such severe irreparable damage to their reputations. Their legal responses to the court and their actions in trying to get out of the charges will not be forgotten by the public and the industry’s which they worked in. They have also set a terrible example to their daughters. I personally will be surprised if Lori works as an actress again.

i hate to break the news, but hollywood is full
of shallow people with short memories-this
is a small blip that will have little if
any repercussions for her career IMO

i hate to break the news, but hollywood is full
of shallow people with short memories-this
is a small blip that will have little if
any repercussions for her career
IMO

At the very least, Lori and her husband will write books about this saga. They'll do book tours to promote the tomes and make the rounds on various talk shows. They're going to milk this for as long and hard as they can. Cha-ching! If they're lucky, they might make enough to recoup their legal fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader