GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing someone is pitching a "cute, perky" vision of Orange is the New Black to Hallmark even as we speak. More of a rom com with hijinks
That is funny!
I am thinking she will need to "stretch" her acting abilities and move over to Lifetime. She could be the woman next door who gets stalked by her crazy neighbor, or maybe she will be the psycho stalker?

me either - I wanted a fair punishment - curious why the husband got more than double her prison time though? I should read up on it - I still remember her on Edge of Night....
JMO

Her husband had more interactions with the school college counselor and with the mastermind. Remember he is the who was all in the grill of the counselor wanting to make sure that the school didn't undo his lie.

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli finally got wise to the fact that they were going to be convicted. I am glad they are pleading out and saving all of the rest of us the money spent on trials. But, I would have loved to see what they tried to pass off as their defense. I guess the PR people told them a truth they couldn't avoid hearing.

It was time to face the music. Gianulli probably wanted to hold fast. I think Loughlin was ready to cave and just get it behind her.

There was no way to get around the fake pictures of their daughters. And I wonder if the daughters, as adults, could have also been charged in the conspiracy. That alone, would have made any parent assess the situation.

Her husband had more interactions with the school college counselor and with the mastermind. Remember he is the who was all in the grill of the counselor wanting to make sure that the school didn't undo his lie.
Yes and remember the, "Moss will get it done" - he likely was the one doing the logistics and payment transfers.

At the very least, Lori and her husband will write books about this saga. They'll do book tours to promote the tomes and make the rounds on various talk shows. They're going to milk this for as long and hard as they can. Cha-ching! If they're lucky, they might make enough to recoup their legal fees.

I'd be perfectly happy not to see or hear from any of them again, but you're right. Books, interviews, guest spots and tears. Lots of tears: tearful acknowledgements of all that has been lost, career-wise,, teary references to faith and love and a parent's duty to do everything one can for one's kids, appropriately weepy reactions to clips of LL in her various roles and photos of her picking up litter or presiding over a celebrity Sunday school as part of her community service, etc., etc. Because tears mean honest repentance, even when it's an actor crying them.

And then, like Jim & Tammy and a thousand others, she'll be back, and the celeb media will cover that story too. But no one will pay much attention to the stories of the many worthy kids who might have had those valuable college spots that she and the other defendants stole from them, or all the remarkable things they might have done and still will do nonetheless. They got away lightly, IMO, in all sorts of ways.

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/21/heres-how-you-can-watch-lori-loughlin-plead-guilty-on-zoom/

Well then...

Lori Loughlin will make her return to the screen Friday — when she pleads guilty via video to scamming her two daughters’ way into college.

Loughlin and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, will appear for the video conference that members of the public can follow online by signing up through the Boston US Attorney’s Office. Participants then get a link to a Zoom video that will go live Friday morning — though photographing, recording and broadcasting the proceeding is against the law.

I really do not understand their logic. If they had pleaded guilty long ago with genuine remorse like Felicity Huffman then they may have not done such severe irreparable damage to their reputations. Their legal responses to the court and their actions in trying to get out of the charges will not be forgotten by the public and the industry’s which they worked in. They have also set a terrible example to their daughters. I personally will be surprised if Lori works as an actress again.

Have to re-invent herself ....maybe take it to Vegas like Suzanne Somers did...can Lori sing or dance?

MOO

The U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts:
Investigations of College Admissions and Testing Bribery Scheme

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Massachusetts

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, May 21, 2020

California Couple in College Admissions Case Agrees to Plead Guilty

BOSTON –

Loughlin, 55, and Giannulli, 56, both of Los Angeles, Calif., will plead guilty before U.S. District Court Judge Nathaniel M. Gorton on a date to be specified by the Court. Loughlin will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud, while Giannulli will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and honest services wire and mail fraud.

Under the terms of Loughlin’s plea agreement, the parties have agreed to a sentence, subject to the Court’s approval, of two months in prison, a $150,000 fine and two years of supervised release with 100 hours of community service. Under the terms of Giannulli’s plea agreement, the parties have agreed to a sentence, subject to the Court’s approval, of five months in prison, a $250,000 fine and two years of supervised release with 250 hours of community service.

The charge of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud provides for a sentence of up 20 years in prison, three years of supervised release and a fine of $250,000 or twice the gross gain or loss, whichever is greater.

The U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Massachusetts has updated its website to reflect the plea agreement. Screenshot of plea (click on image)

b411a550-9b6c-11ea-bfe7-4e85c6dec811

Last edited:
They may be banking on the fact that they will ultimately be given house arrest rather than prison, given the COVID 19 situation......much like certain lawyers and politicians who have been released to serve their terms at home.
In any case, they've probably FINALLY come to the realization that a federal trial is far too risky, given the evidence.
I have no interest in ever seeing this arrogant couple's faces again.

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/21/lori...and-back-amid-college-admissions-scandal-pal/
But a friend told Page Six that the case has taken a huge personal toll on Loughlin. “She’s the sweetest person, this has ruined her life forever, I feel like she’s already paid her dues at this point as this has been so stressful for her,” the pal said. “She’s been to hell and back. She’ll pay for this for the rest of her life

No, Lori, Nick Cordero is a person who has been to hell and back ...fighting for his life! Get some perspective!
MOO

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/21/lori...and-back-amid-college-admissions-scandal-pal/
But a friend told Page Six that the case has taken a huge personal toll on Loughlin. “She’s the sweetest person, this has ruined her life forever, I feel like she’s already paid her dues at this point as this has been so stressful for her,” the pal said. “She’s been to hell and back. She’ll pay for this for the rest of her life

No, Lori, Nick Cordero is a person who has been to hell and back ...fighting for his life! Get some perspective!
MOO

Exactly. My pity party for Loughlin is negative zero. Her entire attitude has been one of brazen entitlement. And she continued to double down on her claims of complete innocence.

MOO

The "friend"s name? Mori Moughlin.

I'm sure that a driving motivation behind this was the fact that people are being let out of jail early because of the coronavirus and she's hoping that she'll be able to negotiate house arrest or at a minimum a really delayed sentence. Stay tuned for her "friend" to reveal that Lori has a long undiagnosed immunocompromising disease!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee