GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sayin', I have more muscle development in my legs. Yep.

Even if the cox never rows, I'll bet that person runs with the team....

JMHO YMMV

One of the pictures (not sure which daughter) isn't half bad... if she straightens her back (lol). (As I believe I previously mentioned, I went to a very small school with few athletics, where the head coach was either pretty bored or hoping to raise a crew team herself; because she was always stopping by and correcting my form as I rowed for exercise. She had an office with a window into the exercise room; I learned quite quickly not to "dog it" because she could come out of the room at any time and correct me, haha).

I don't know who those pictures would fool.

The claims are serious & disturbing. But they are just claims. Maybe like the claim her daughters were rowers... Jmo. We’ll see what prosecutors’ response is...

From the article:
“The Court considers the allegations in Singer’s October notes to be serious and disturbing,” Gorton added. “While government agents are permitted to coach cooperating witnesses during the course of an investigation, they are not permitted to suborn the commission of a crime.”

Loughlin and the other defendants are seeking a dismissal of the case based on the accusations of misconduct. Gorton did not make a ruling on dismissal but ordered prosecutors to respond to the misconduct accusations. A trial date has been set for October 5.”

The claims are serious & disturbing. But they are just claims. Maybe like the claim her daughters were rowers... Jmo. We’ll see what prosecutors’ response is...
^^sbm

I'm very interested in the response from prosecutors! Especially withholding evidence (the notes on Singers phone) until February! Others went to jail before February....

Singer was cooperating with the FBI. He wrote that agents told him to lie and get his clients to restate they were making bribes to college officials – counter to what he claimed he actually told them before they paid him to get their children into college.

[..]

In one note, Singer wrote that FBI officials got "loud and abrasive" and "continue to ask me to tell a fib" about what he told clients before they paid into his scheme.

He said the FBI wanted him to not to restate what he actually told his clients — that they were making a payment to an athletic program, not a college coach.

[..]

The defense says the government "knowingly withheld" the evidence, which was not turned over until February.

[..]

"The notes state that agents browbeat Singer and instructed him to lie in order to elicit misleading evidence that was inconsistent with the actual facts that Singer had explained to agents," attorneys for the parents wrote in a motion to dismiss filed last month.

Judge calls alleged investigator misconduct in Lori Loughlin case 'serious and disturbing'

From the article:
“The Court considers the allegations in Singer’s October notes to be serious and disturbing,” Gorton added. “While government agents are permitted to coach cooperating witnesses during the course of an investigation, they are not permitted to suborn the commission of a crime.”

Loughlin and the other defendants are seeking a dismissal of the case based on the accusations of misconduct. Gorton did not make a ruling on dismissal but ordered prosecutors to respond to the misconduct accusations. A trial date has been set for October 5.”
And they still paid that huge amount of money, as well as made false claims, pictures and all... i.e., they lied about their daughters being rowers. I sincerely hope their case isn't dismissed over this, if it's even true.

And they still paid that huge amount of money, as well as made false claims, pictures and all... i.e., they lied about their daughters being rowers. I sincerely hope their case isn't dismissed over this, if it's even true.
I’m wondering if this is more about image than facts. They’ve grasped at so many straws at this point that it is possible this is just another publicity tactic. Failing to release Singer’s notes was brought up & challenged a month or two back & prosecutors already responded in brief. Links upthread a page or two. I think they are just trying to make people believe they are innocent, screwed by Singer and/or government. I personally believe LL & MG are manipulative, selfish, arrogant, condescending con artists. If they are cleared for any reason, I can tell you that my fam will not ever buy/ watch/ support/ fund any film/ clothing/ product from which they would ever financially benefit. Hoping for justice for honest college students- and parents that help fund them- everywhere.

Last edited:
COURT DOCUMENTS - 46 PAGES
Documents Filed on 3/25/20

Uploaded by
th

Law&Crime

Description:
Full description

Lori Loughlin et al. motion to dismiss | Discovery (Law) | Justice

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, v. DAVID SIDOO, et al., Defendants. Case No. 19-cr-10080-NMG

DEFENDANTS’ MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT OF THEIR MOTION TO DISMISS INDICTMENT WITH PREJUDICE OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, FOR SUPPRESSION OF EVIDENCE BASED ON GOVERNMENTAL MISCONDUCT AND FOR DISCOVERY AND AN EVIDENTIARY HEARING

ORAL ARGUMENT REQUESTED

Last edited:
I’m wondering if this is more about image than facts. They’ve grasped at so many straws at this point that it is possible this is just another publicity tactic. Failing to release Singer’s notes was brought up & challenged a month or two back & prosecutors already responded in brief. Links upthread a page or two. I think they are just trying to make people believe they are innocent, screwed by Singer and/or government. I personally believe LL & MG are manipulative, selfish, arrogant, condescending con artists. If they are cleared for any reason, I can tell you that my fam will not ever buy/ watch/ support/ fund any film/ clothing/ product from which they would ever financially benefit. Hoping for justice for honest college students- and parents that help fund them- everywhere.

I agree. She’s really not that good of an actress or addition to any
cast/ storyLine IMO.
She’s no Meryl or Julia!
She should get out of her Narcissist box.
Move out to a rural area and try to grow a humble ego.

MOO

So does this mean the other defendants who already plead guilty get all their charges/convictions/sentences dismissed?

I mean if the judge rules in Lori's favor?

Lawyers for Douglas Hodge said in a filing that the 62-year-old former CEO of the Pacific Investment Management Co. shouldn't be forced to go to prison in the middle of a pandemic. The Bureau of Prisons is already releasing people like Hodge who are older, vulnerable to the virus and pose no danger to the public, they said.

Hodge is supposed to report to prison May 4. If the court won't allow him to begin serving his sentence in home detention, he is asking to delay his report date until June 30.

Citing Coronavirus, Ex-CEO Seeks Home Sentence in College Scam

Hot Pockets heir Michelle Janavs is also asking for home confinement instead of prison time because of the pandemic. She was sentenced to five months behind bars.

Michelle Janavs, whose family invented Hot Pockets, and Douglas Hodge, the ex-CEO of Pacific Investment Management Co., can remain free until at least June 30, U.S. District Judge Nathaniel Gorton ruled.

Gorton denied their requests for home confinement instead of prison time, saying he will “not forfeit his obligation to impose a sentence that is warranted by a defendant’s criminal conduct” despite the “evolving cause of concern” posed by the COVID-19 outbreak.

“If the public health crisis has not abated by the time of the extended report date, the court will entertain further motions,” the judge wrote.

Virus delays prison time for Hot Pockets heiress, ex-CEO involved in college admissions scam

Government Response to Lori Loughlin et al. | Justice | Crime & Justice

GOVERNMENT'S RESPONSE IN OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DISMISS INDICTMENT OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, FOR SUPPRESSION OF EVIDENCE AND FOR DISCOVERY AND AN EVIDENTIARY HEARING
From Conclusion, p 34:
Criminal defendants are entitled to a vigorous defense. But making baseless claims that evidence was fabricated to frame innocent parties goes too far. For all of the reasons described herein, the defendants’ motion is factually and legally wrong, and should be denied without argument or a hearing.”

Yep- smoke & mirrors, as we all thought. :cool:

05/02/20 AT 2:59 PM

Lori Loughlin Denied ‘Better Chance Of Acquittal’ For This Reason

Lori Loughlin and other parents have been denied a motion that would potentially give them a chance to fight their cases individually and try to get acquitted.

According to Bloomberg, an argument that the parents who pleaded not guilty, which include Loughlin and her husband Mossimo Giannulli, would wind up facing “prejudicial spillover” if they were all tried together was rejected by the U.S. Attorney in Boston as a wasteful use of resources—and the parents were also blasted for likely bringing up the idea with the hopes that it would allow them all to potentially have a better chance at escaping persecution for their crimes.

“The defendants may believe they have a better chance of acquittal if they are tried separately in 11 different trials, but that does not justify severance, and the tremendous waste of resources that would accompany it,” a filing by the court read.

The attempt to have things split up into different trials was the second thing that parents tried in their arguments for their innocence. Prior arguments that Loughlin and Giannulli raised, in particular, were that prosecutors failed to introduce evidence that proved they didn’t know they were paying a bribe and genuinely thought they were making donations. That evidence reportedly included notes on William “Rick” Singer’s phone which stated as much.

Last edited:
Tonight (Wednesday) on LMN:

The College Admissions Scandal
6:00 - 8:00p
Penelope Ann Miller Mia Kirshner Sarah Dugdale
(2019)Two wealthy mothers share an obsession with getting their teenagers into the best colleges.
How was it- did you watch? I normally don’t watch LMN, but I’ll make a sappy exception & do my part to boost the ratings just to thank FBI & irritate the defendants who clearly want to be perceived as either innocent or too big in their britches to face consequences. But only if you say it was good.:rolleyes:

How was it- did you watch? I normally don’t watch LMN, but I’ll make a sappy exception & do my part to boost the ratings just to thank FBI & irritate the defendants who clearly want to be perceived as either innocent or too big in their britches to face consequences. But only if you say it was good.:rolleyes:

I watched the made-for-TV movie when it debuted several months ago. I wasn't impressed and posted as much in a quickie review here. The Lifetime movie is loosely based on the criminal case. Not terrible, but definitely not a must-see.

The College Admissions Scandal (TV Movie 2019) - IMDb

I watched the made-for-TV movie when it debuted several months ago. I wasn't impressed and posted as much in a quickie review here. The Lifetime movie is loosely based on the criminal case. Not terrible, but definitely not a must-see.

The College Admissions Scandal (TV Movie 2019) - IMDb
Oh- sorry I missed your review. Too bad this latest one was mediocre- they prob rushed it. Should have waited it out for all proceedings to grind though! Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader