NBC Action News new timeline - 11/02/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The relevance of whether Lisa is a baby, infant or a toddler is lost on me. Either way she is very little and dependent on adults in everything.

She was ten months when she disappeared, not 11.

The relevance of whether Lisa is a baby, infant or a toddler is lost on me. Either way she is very little and dependent on adults in everything.

I think maybe the difference here is when you talk about a child with a cold, (I guess that's what she had) and what level of vigilance is required.

So it seemed like the discussion was "sick infant" vs. "baby with a cold". With a sick infant, very constant monitoring is required, if not a trip to the ER. A baby with a cold is kind of best left to sleep if she's sleeping. IMHO.

I think maybe the difference here is when you talk about a child with a cold, (I guess that's what she had) and what level of vigilance is required.

So it seemed like the discussion was "sick infant" vs. "baby with a cold". With a sick infant, very constant monitoring is required, if not a trip to the ER. A baby with a cold is kind of best left to sleep if she's sleeping. IMHO.

That's kind of where my thought process was going but you said it better than I could write it. Thanks.

Not seeing a 10 month old baby once, from 6:40 pm until 3:30 am (9 hours) is NO kind of vigilance, imo. Cold or otherwise.

Not seeing a 10 month old baby once, from 6:40 pm until 3:30 am (9 hours) is NO kind of vigilance, imo. Cold or otherwise.

Well, would she not be sleeping through the night at this point in time? I know mine were at that age. In fact there were occasions where we put down at 6:30 - 7PM and she slept for 12 hours. Occasionally there would be a wake up but not always.

I guess we never had any vigilance either because we didn't poke our head in her room every hour. We would check on her before we went to bed though.

Only by a few of days. She will be 1 yr on 11/11/11. So she was 11 months on Oct. 11th. She has been missing since Oct. 3/4 so she was days away from going from 10 to 11 months which I think is why some are saying 11 months. She was closer to 11 than 10 months...

Well, would she not be sleeping through the night at this point in time? I know mine were at that age.

Beats me...she was in bed also at 4:30 pm. How long do babies sleep? Don't they wet themselves? Require diaper changes?

(I obviously have no children. LOL.)

No disrespect intended...but since the woman didn't check on the baby, how the heck would she know if the child was actually sleeping/resting. Also, when my babies were "sick with a cold" (that is what it is) I felt they needed monitoring constantly, even if they were sleeping. With a baby and a cold...they could have trouble breathing...could be coughing and miserable..could have a high fever...you never know...unless you check.Carp, I still do that with DH and my grown woman-children....but sue me, that's just how this Mom rolls.

Beats me...she was in bed also at 4:30 pm. How long do babies sleep? Don't they wet themselves? Require diaper changes?

At that age, it depends on the child. Mine averaged 10-12 hours of sleep a night at that age. Even now, at 4 she goes to bed at 8 and wakes at 6am (10 hours).

No disrespect intended...but since the woman didn't check on the baby, how the heck would she know if the child was actually sleeping/resting. Also, when my babies were "sick with a cold" (that is what it is) I felt they needed monitoring constantly, even if they were sleeping. With a baby and a cold...they could have trouble breathing...could be coughing and miserable..could have a high fever...you never know...unless you check.Carp, I still do that with DH and my grown woman-children....but sue me, that's just how this Mom rolls.

Well, I'm only a "4 week old kitten" mom at the moment, but honestly...I peek in that box probably every 3 hours. Definitely before turning in for the night.

Guess that's just how this "kitten mom" rolls too. ;)

ETA: And right now it's raining so...gotta go make sure they're dry. See ya, guys. :)

Yep...Lisa was on her own. Mommy wanted adult time. Breaks my heart, but, I'm just old fashioned I guess.

Well, I'm only a "4 week old kitten" mom at the moment, but honestly...I peek in that box probably every 3 hours. Definitely before turning in for the night.

I feel you. My doggies get that treatment too...I have one who is terrified of thunderstorms....I rock him in my lap (all 35 lbs of him) and sing to him til it's over...it's the only thing that calms him. IDK - I guess my perspective is different since it seems getting blackout drunk and not checking on a sick baby is common behavior today. :crazy:

Early - and consistent - reports indicate that JI arrived home between 3:30 - 4 and called 911 at 4:04. If JI is involved ONLY in the coverup, that's a really short amount of time to arrive home, have discussions, discover an accident, and decide to cover it up, figure out a story, and make it alll happen. IMO, the baby was definitely gone when he arrived.

I agree with you there, except maybe in this case she had given the child a cough suppressant that makes babies sleepy, so she assumed Lisa was asleep.

I don't know.

I will say, there is a HUGE variability in families with when they put their children to bed. For us, small school children (K - 2) went to bed before 9 on school nights, anyone younger or older might have had a different schedule.

If I'd have put my 10 month old baby down at 6:40, in the absence of cough medicine or serious illness, they'd have screamed themselves sweaty after awhile. My babies at 10 months didn't go down until about 10, so they WOULD sleep until 6:30 a.m. or so.

But I've learned every family seems to keep different hours.

I have no objection to letting tired babies sleep, sick or otherwise. It's just that you can never be sure that your child is going to sleep for 12 hours in a row and won't need you for any reason, and if you're black out drunk you're in no shape to take care of your children's needs, sick or otherwise. Baby, infant, toddler or child makes no difference to me.

I feel you. My doggies get that treatment too...I have one who is terrified of thunderstorms....I rock him in my lap (all 35 lbs of him) and sing to him til it's over...it's the only thing that calms him. IDK - I guess my perspective is different since it seems getting blackout drunk and not checking on a sick baby is common behavior today. :crazy:

Be happy your not rocking my 60 pound shaking beast aka dog. She hates the thunder..

Right now my little guy who's two has a cold and cough.. The cough is the gagging kind.. Now imagine baby Lisa all alone gagging maybe even vomiting and choking.. Being drunk could mom of reacted in a abnormal way?

ETA: And right now it's raining so...gotta go make sure they're dry. See ya, guys. :)

I have to agree with you on that Kat! What she did is so wrong! I gave birth to my Son when I was 25 and as much as I liked to party I would have never done it when I was home alone with my baby, never, ever! I would check on him several times a night until he was past the age of crib death. I would sit there and watch his little chest go up and down to make sure he was breathing. I would also do that for my pets if they were sick! I don't think this equals murder though or disposing of her child due to an accident. To me her tears are real and she truly seems to me like she is hurt beyond belief over her baby being gone.

The problem is that the symptoms of a 'cold' mimic many other more serious illnesses that can seem to come out of nowhere. And a 10 month old can become very ill very fast--even if it at first appears that they just have a 'cold.'

My son became very very ill in the middle of the night, and I was lucky to catch it. But we thought he just had a bad cold at first. And suddenly at about 3 am he had a huge fever spike and a full body rash, becoming scarlet fever within a matter of one evening.

Also, infants with 'colds' can have a sudden onset of respiratory problems or choking on phlegm or vomit very easily. Just because an infant is asleep it does not mean they do not need to be checked on during the night. You don't need to wake them up, just look in on them.

Be happy your not rocking my 60 pound shaking beast aka dog. She hates the thunder..

Right now my little guy who's two has a cold and cough.. The cough is the gagging kind.. Now imagine baby Lisa all alone gagging maybe even vomiting and choking.. Being drunk could mom of reacted in a abnormal way?

THANK YOU. Those are wonderful and normal motherly instincts. When a toddler or an elderly person has a cough or a cold they are very vulnerable to other side effects. A cold is just an annoying thing to a healthy teen or grown up. But babies and toddlers and older folks are prone to breathing problems, fever spikes, acute respiratory problems like pnuemonoia , etc.

It just really really bothers me that she put this sick infant in her crib at 4:30, then again for the night at 6;40, and never looked in on her again. It makes me wonder about her maternal instincts towards her baby.

I agree with you there, except maybe in this case she had given the child a cough suppressant that makes babies sleepy, so she assumed Lisa was asleep.

I don't know.

I will say, there is a HUGE variability in families with when they put their children to bed. For us, small school children (K - 2) went to bed before 9 on school nights, anyone younger or older might have had a different schedule.

If I'd have put my 10 month old baby down at 6:40, in the absence of cough medicine or serious illness, they'd have screamed themselves sweaty after awhile. My babies at 10 months didn't go down until about 10, so they WOULD sleep until 6:30 a.m. or so.

But I've learned every family seems to keep different hours.

But if you give an infant something as strong as cough suppressant, [which a 10 month old should not have anyway, imo] don't you look in on them, if they are asleep or not? cough suppressants can make a baby choke on their phlegm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back