NBC Action News new timeline - 11/02/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't see the grown up going to bed before a child that age...........

Ever been around a grown up drunk on cheap wine within 15 feet of their bed? They can "go to bed" before The Office is over.

Ever been around a grown up drunk on cheap wine within 15 feet of their bed? They can "go to bed" before The Office is over.

I'm talking about what a person would think when they came home to doors open and lights on.

A little O/T, but I have a problem with a mother putting her sick baby to bed (at any time) with her bottle and her binky - to self comfort. A sick baby needs to be soothed, held, rocked, with her mother there, not left on her own with a bottle in a room with a closed door.

BBM :)

ITA! And especially NOT a closed door. This bothers me that she would put the baby in the crib and close the door.

another thing...

She could have very well choked on the bottle, BUT then why the cover up? doesn't make sense. I guess b/c she was drinking and thought she would be in deep doodoo if ANYONE found out she left the baby in the crib for that long.

IDK JMO

Point is: until a source can be checked by an independent fact finder...it has little more value than hearsay, rumor or an anecdotal offering. Until, the actual interviewee either makes their unedited statement in writing or on video tape, then it is still just "so and so said this and so and so did that..." IMNSVHO

Ya must be ..cause i get yelled at if i leave a room without turning everything off ...even if im going for a drink and will be right back !! He can drive me nuts if i forget and leave anything on while away

Just the other day I came home, garage door open, wife's car in the garage, no one home. First thought was "WTF?! I've got a motorbike sitting in there wide open with the key in it. C'mon honey!" Then I looked at the neighbor's garage sale to see if she walked down there. THEN I thought to call her.

Turns out she had left with our friend and after closing the garage door she put the opener in her purse and it got pressed again.

I didn't go to my worst-case scenario first. If I had what they call "tactical situational awareness," I may have said to myself "Wait a minute, somethings not right, proceed with caution." and my ex-military, LE uncle would have told me "why weren't you carrying your sidearm and checked the house you idiot!"

The point being: We all act differently depending on our situational awareness, background, training, etc..

Also, I would like to know, was the baby food she purchased with the box of wine, eaten? Where are the empty jars?

I also wonder, and i am just throwing it out there, could the financial situation been so bad that DB gave her child to someone to watch and be a part of a fake kidnapping? All along while JI has no idea? (although i don't know if i am ready to let him off the hook just yet) Kinda goes hand and hand with why i am asking about the baby food.

I'm talking about what a person would think when they came home to doors open and lights on.

If I came home to doors open and lights turned on I'd think something's going on.. If the door was just unlocked and lights on I'd think maybe the hubby couldn't sleep? My husband tends to forget to lock the door which I'm always *****ing about because we have a two year old and he smokes on the porch which is why our door would be unlocked when he forgets...

Point is: until a source can be checked by an independent fact finder...it has little more value than hearsay, rumor or an anecdotal offering. Until, the actual interviewee either makes their unedited statement in writing or on video tape, then it is still just "so and so said this and so and so did that..." IMNSVHO

That's kind of my point. We can no more say "these are not the words of LE" than we can say "these are just the words of some family member."

So it makes as little sense to reject them out of hand as it does to rely solely on them as court-annointed fact.

We are relying on the information we have been given to deduce theories of what has happened to this little girl. Given the anonymity of the timelines, would our theories hold up in court? No.

Do they have to? Likewise, no.

Question: What do you suppose would motivate a mother of a "missing" child to admit to getting drunk, neglecting her sniffling baby...by putting her in her crib at 6:30 PM and not checking on her again. Why would a mother want us to believe that she left her cranky, sniffling 10 month old in a crib for at least 9.5 hours...alone with no diaper change?

Does it seem like DB is more than happy to be seen as a neglectful mother as opposed to someone who may have caused a fatal injury to her child either while in a rage or by neglect? LE wasn't saying these things about the mother or the family...IDK...the phrases "lesser charges" and "reasonable doubt" come to mind.

And *I'm* opining that a perfectly normal, non-child-killing adult male is perfectly capable of entering that situation and thinking (just like I have on multiple occasions) "C'mon, close the door and turn off the lights! Jeez, it's not that difficult." before he thinks "holy smokes, someone may be hurt or missing"

His behavior is not so abnormal as to indicate complicity in killing his daughter.

If I came home to doors open and lights turned on I'd think something's going on.. If the door was just unlocked and lights on I'd think maybe the hubby couldn't sleep? My husband tends to forget to lock the door which I'm always *****ing about because we have a two year old and he smokes on the porch which is why our door would be unlocked when he forgets...

I think too it all depends on your home routine. JMO

My doors are ALWAYS locked. As soon as i come in, i turn around and lock it. Just something i have always done. So that being said, if my door was unlocked, and my hubby wasn't home, i would be high tailing it to the neighbors, to call hubby first, then the police- let the police go in and do a check before i put myself in danager. I wouldn't dare enter my home if i found the front door unlocked. Now, if hubby were home, not usually a big deal, he is a big dude, so he feels safe with the doors unlocked. (not me though)

JMO

Question: What do you suppose would motivate a mother of a "missing" child to admit to getting drunk, neglecting her sniffling baby...by putting her in her crib at 6:30 PM and not checking on her again. Why would a mother want us to believe that she left her cranky, sniffling 10 month old in a crib for at least 9.5 hours...alone with no diaper change?

I'm just spit-balling here, but I'll say that maybe it has the unfortunate condition of being the truth?

Does it seem like DB is more than happy to be seen as a neglectful mother as opposed to someone who may have caused a fatal injury to her child either while in a rage or by neglect?

Honestly, no, it has never appeared to me that she was "more than happy" to be seen as a neglectful mother. In fact, every time I've seen her on camera she has appeared very much less than happy since October 4th, 2011.

To me, the idea that she's using her abject irresponsibility, drunkenness, and general Worst Mother of the Year approach to parenting as some defense strategy is too clever by half and half again.

One thing I'd really like to hear about is what JI & DB's relationship was like. Have we heard it characterized by anyone? I've heard a few things that make me wonder if they were struggling in their relationship, which could leave an unemployed mom of 2 with no skills feeling pretty down and desperate.

If JI was used to DB leaving on the lights, then he thought nothing of it other than he was angry, and wanted to confront DB about it. And about any safety issues he obviously felt they were having.

And *I'm* opining that a perfectly normal, non-child-killing adult male is perfectly capable of entering that situation and thinking (just like I have on multiple occasions) "C'mon, close the door and turn off the lights! Jeez, it's not that difficult." before he thinks "holy smokes, someone may be hurt or missing"

His behavior is not so abnormal is to indicate complicity in killing his daughter.

Cowtowner, although I am female, I have no children, but I do babysit all week, however on weekends or when I babysit partial weeks, my boyfriend and I keep some crazy hours too. We are night owls usually but sometimes we may go to sleep at 8 p.m. When either of us get home at a late hour and see lights on or doors unlocked, we don't jump to an irrational crazy feeling either...and my boyfriend is actually a paranoid person who has a concealed weapons license and 9 mm, but is CEO of 3 companies and not LE, LOL, just paranoid but still he does not jump to all kinds of crazy if I have all the lights on and door wide open at 3 a.m. We just know, we are up late a lot or asleep early and just all over the place with our schedules or routines. So I totally get what you're saying.

His behavior is not so abnormal as to indicate complicity in killing his daughter.

If he was used to coming home and finding those things sure.....if it was something out of the ordinary, it would sound an alarm. And I don't believe I said he was guilty of anything..........

But he couldn't have been "used" to coming home and finding things any certain way, because he was never working in the middle of the night before, remember?
Given what he knows about his girlfriend, her brother, his neighbor, I'm sure he had no doubt that they were all together, shooting the breeze, if nothing else. A normal reaction would have been 'Darn, how late was everyone here anyway? I bet Deb is still up, since OBVIOUSLY everyone just left....."
Now, considering we have had at least six different accounts of what happened when JI was gone/came home, I don't particularly believe this one either, just know that the reaction could have been very sedate, and not alarmed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not my opinion, just my interpretation.

I'm still left scratching my head at the fact that JI was angry instead of scared out of his mind to come home to a window open and lights on at 3:30 a.m.
IIRC, when the information about the lights being on broke, it was reported that the lights all being on was how JL knew something was wrong there, and he went and checked on everyone because of the lights and window. That changed, and whether it was bad reporting or JL changing his reaction, I'm not sure. But the story has changed, just like it has done throughout.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back