GUILTY NC - Danielle Locklear, 15, Hope Mills, 11 March 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The charges of conspiracy make no sense. If they conspired, then they planned it. Was it conspiring to hide her body? Can't believe the DA didn't know better. If all he's charged with is second degree murder, then he will not serve a lot of time. Imoo

Under state law, (Judge David) Hasty said, the conspiracy charges against the two teens were removed. Hasty said second-degree murder - which does not include premeditation - cannot include a conspiracy.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/article_d9b6f9d3-05a1-5772-b93b-b3872ec0ed9a.html

This does not inspire my confidence in the DA. :notgood:

Although I agree with you Considering, the investigation is still ongoing. Hopefully, more will be revealed. Now that the perpetrators are behind bars, others might be compelled to come forward, and reveal what they know. Both continued to attend school, and the possibility exists that they may have said something to someone else.

I can only hope that other evidence comes out in the future that will allow the DA to elevate the charges, and allow Justice for Danielle to come to fruition. She and her family deserve it. :twocents:

:heartbeat:

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[modsnip: Danielle's] ex-boyfriend (Je'Michael Malloy) and a second man have admitted to her murder.

http://www.wncn.com/story/25197727/body-recovered-from-river-identified-as-missing-hope-mills-teen

"Both Malloy and Lock are charged with second degree murder because investigators do not believe they planned the murder, authorities said. Malloy is expected to make his first court appearance on Wednesday. Lock may also make his first appearance Wednesday. At that time a judge will decide whether to set a bond for either suspect."

Looking at some of the comments posted by others on his social media, I am a bit shocked. There are friends of his "sticking up for him". I'm sorry, but I do not care how good of a friend I am with someone, once they take the life of another innocent human being, they are no longer worthy of my defense. I just hate seeing how his friends are defending him & have the audacity to say "he's such a good person" Give me a break! He is NOT a good person, he is a MURDERER! Good people don't harm or kill others! Sorry - end of rant!

Has anyone read through the nearly 300 comments on the top post at this link???? There is a comment under that post that, well, it's a bit interesting. And then a dozen or so posts under that. I'm not sure how much I can, or should (KWIM), post about what is said here.

I see what you're referring to! Oh dear, I really hope that is not the case. It will be a whole different ball game if so.

Looking at some of the comments posted by others on his social media, I am a bit shocked. There are friends of his "sticking up for him". I'm sorry, but I do not care how good of a friend I am with someone, once they take the life of another innocent human being, they are no longer worthy of my defense. I just hate seeing how his friends are defending him & have the audacity to say "he's such a good person" Give me a break! He is NOT a good person, he is a MURDERER! Good people don't harm or kill others! Sorry - end of rant!

Totally agree! It would be one thing if he hadn't confessed and people clung to hope that he wasn't involved ... But come on!! A good guy doesn't murder ANYONE, let alone someone he had a relationship with ... :facepalm:

Although I agree with you Considering, the investigation is still ongoing. Hopefully, more will be revealed. Now that the perpetrators are behind bars, others might be compelled to come forward, and reveal what they know. Both continued to attend school, and the possibility exists that they may have said something to someone else.

I can only hope that other evidence comes out in the future that will allow the DA to elevate the charges, and allow Justice for Danielle to come to fruition. She and her family deserve it. :twocents:

:heartbeat:

I wasn't referring to whether or not the charge should be first or second degree murder. Rather, the DA does not inspire confidence because the DA apparently did not know that one cannot be charged with second degree murder and conspiracy. The murder was either premediated or wasn't. How could the DA not know that?

So it was her boyfriend. I was wrong when I suspected the family when they were the ones that found her clothes. How awful to be the one to come across that kind of thing.

What a senseless loss of a beautiful girl, not to mention the fact that these kinds of tragedies can tear a whole family apart.

Does anyone know how old the boyfriend is? With these new juvenile offender laws, he'll be out in about 6 years.

bbm

Going by the info in the article below, her ex-bf is 17, and his friend is 18.
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.wral.com/second-teen-charged-with-murder-in-hope-mills-girl-s-death/13554602/

From the trials I have seen or read about in NC, it is very likely that he will be tried as an adult.

If the conviction is for a B2 2nd degree murder, the penalty could be anywhere between 94--125 months for mitigated, 125--157 months for presumptive, or 157--196 months for aggravated.

bbm

Going by the info in the article below, her ex-bf is 17, and his friend is 18.
http://www.wral.com/second-teen-charged-with-murder-in-hope-mills-girl-s-death/13554602/

From the trials I have seen or read about in NC, it is very likely that he will be tried as an adult.

If the conviction is for a B2 2nd degree murder, the penalty could be anywhere between 94--125 months for mitigated, 125--157 months for presumptive, or 157--196 months for aggravated.

North Carolina prosecutes all 16 and 17 year olds in the adult criminal justice system.

Disgusting isn't it?! I noticed one friend saying they didn't believe he did it or that he might be lying for someone. Really? Right!

"Well gee I hate to see you go down for murder so since I'm such a good guy I'll take the rap" said NOONE ever!

Disgusting isn't it?! I noticed one friend saying they didn't believe he did it or that he might be lying for someone. Really? Right!

"Well gee I hate to see you go down for murder so since I'm such a good guy I'll take the rap" said NOONE ever!

It's just ignorant IMO, that his friends defend him. It's also a huge slap in the face to all of the people who love Dannie and are devastated by her death. Peeves me off to no end.

The ignorance just from the grammar and spelling keeps me from even trying to read those gems of wisdom...

The ignorance just from the grammar and spelling keeps me from even trying to read those gems of wisdom...

Do younger people really talk like this to each other or is it just an interenet thing?I hope they out grow this when they become adults.

Do younger people really talk like this to each other or is it just an interenet thing?I hope they out grow this when they become adults.

Some do, some don't.
My son never did. He possibly may speak like that when posting in his "internet world", but he never spoke "street".
Just depends on what type of kid you might be I suppose.
Every group has their own way of speaking. The ones posting on the murderers sites seem to be of the gangsta rap street variety (in their prose, not saying they actually LIVE like that).
That said, most of what kids say on the internet is nothing like their reality. It is all about how they want to be perceived.

PS- Probably dating myself calling in "gangsta rap", That is what I called it in my days of listening to it....no clue what it is termed as now :facepalm:

Some kids really do talk like that. I believe they think it makes them sound intimidating or tough. I also know a couple of adults (25 +)that type like that on the Internet as well.

1 of 2 Suspects Posts Bail

(Snip)

Je'Michael Malloy, 17, of Autryville remains in jail.

Dominic Tayvon Lock, 18, of Fayetteville posted bond Wednesday about 9 p.m.

http://m.fayobserver.com/news/crime...b63-962e-549d-ba16-ce5bcff96719.html?mode=jqm

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
My thoughts and prayers remain with Danielle's family during this most difficult time. I can't imagine what this latest news must be putting them through. My faith in the judicial process remains strong. LE must continue to work this case in the pursuit of #JusticeForDannie

I am floored at the details in the NYDaily News Artie.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1752913

According to this, Lock was an active participant in the murder this is the 1st I've heard of this. The fact he's out on bond is sickening.

ETA:
(snip)
Hope Mills Police Chief Joel Acciardo told reporters on Tuesday that Locklear went to Malloy’s home in Autryville — another small town outside Fayetteville — where the two got into a heated argument.

Malloy and Lock killed Locklear — a freshman at South View High School — during the spat, Acciardo said.

ETA2: IDK why I thought Lock's involvement occurred later in the timeline. It appears he was there for the entire crime! Was poor Danielle ambushed? If so, why was the conspiracy charge thrown out???

If two people committed this crime together, HTH is this 2nd degree murder? There has to be enough evidence to elevate the charges to M1. :moo:

Je'Michael will be going to Je'jail for a long time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold case momma
Back