NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMGosh! are they serious?? LE isn't looking hard enough???
Really??? Excuse me! too little too late??
ARGHHHHH

I still can't find Part 2 of this Interview. :banghead:

So here's Part 1 transcribed:

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130810/SP01/130819982/1016

acr-00083-EricaParsons_zpsd5828415.jpg

August 9, 2013 (PART 1)

Reporter: First of all, tell us about her, in the last few days we know her as a girl on a missing endangered poster, but tell us about her as a girl when she was here, what was she like?

Casey Parsons: She was normal, just like my other daughter. A happy go lucky little girl. Loved boys, even when she was in public school, her biggest problem was boys, she would go after them. She wanted another round of piercings in her ears, we already had one, we weren't going to let her go a second. She loves clothes. She wanted her hair long, she always loved her hair long and curly, and she waited til the day she was able to get a computer and things cause we let our kids wait til a certain age until they get electronic things, and she talked about that quite often, that she was going to get that.

Reporter: And she was adopted, how old was she when you got her?

Casey Parsons: We got her at 4 weeks old, she was placed with us, but she wasn't legally adopted until July 2000, she was 2-1/2 years old.

Reporter: And 2-1/2 years old?

Casey Parsons: Yeah

Reporter: And from what your attorney said and your neighbors have said, you taking in kids, is just what you do?

Casey Parsons: We do. Erica has 3 half siblings that also got at the same time. We had 7 kids, 3 of our biological kids and 4 that we got in at the time when we got her. And we had them 7 kids all the way up until August 1998 when the other 3 were placed with other adopted families that they did get adopted with, and we already had her for weeks, and she was already calling me mama and we couldn't let her go at that point so we, the social workers agreed to, we were the ones who learned her how to walk and talk and we were the only parents she knew at that point, and she called us mama and daddy.

Reporter: Now fast forward to roughly November 2011. What happened the last day she was here?

Casey Parsons: She didn't... her last day wasn't in November...

Reporter: Or roughly around that time.

Casey Parsons: The 3rd trip she want to Nans on, that was the final trip where she stayed with Nan and was December 17th of 2011 and that was suppose to be a 3 week trip for Christmas. She'd already went and visited in November and come back and it was like a Thanksgiving but it wasn't on Thanksgiving week because she was with us that week. She also went in another week in September and come back.

Reporter: So she went at Christmas time and previously she went in September and November?

Casey Parsons: Yes.

Reporter: Who's Nan?

Casey Parsons: Nan is her name, just like anybody gets called Grandma, Nanna, her's was Nan and that's what she called her but her real name was Irene Goodman.

Reporter: And her relationship with Erica is?

Casey Parsons: Her biological Grandmother on the father's side

Reporter: Have you met this woman before?

Casey Parsons: I've been talking to Nan since July 2011 and the first time I met her face to face was September 2011

Reporter: She came here?

Casey Parsons: No, we met at McDonalds in Mooresville

Reporter: How did you meet her?

Casey Parsons: When we met her in July 2011, it was her biological mother who gave her all the information to contact us, and she knew all our information, she knew our names, she knew Erica's birthday, all about Erica's biological daddy and names, and she knew Carolyn, the biological mother, she knew everything.

Reporter: At what point did you meet her biological mother?

Casey Parsons: We've known her, Erica was our niece, even before she was adopted.

Reporter: So the biological mother's name is?

Casey Parsons: Is Carolyn Parsons

Reporter: Where did she live, I know she's out of state?

Casey Parsons: Now she's out of state, they said Louisiana, and I talked to her and she told me Louisiana. She's lived everywhere around this way, Salisbury, and she even lived in Mooresville, and she lived in Kannapolis a lot, in Concord area.

Reporter: So the last time you saw her though, Nan didn't come to pick her up, how did she end up leaving with Nan?

Casey Parsons: All three times we met at the Mooresville McDonalds. All three times.

Reporter: Is there any particular reason you met at Mooresvill McDonalds?

Casey Parsons: She had a 4 hour drive, and that actually the spot that she said she knew and asked us if we were willing to meet there and we've always met there. It's just that's where we went.

ACR :seeya:

all those family, extended family & friends with facebooks and not a soul has created a Erica Parsons missing one... smh

how about any family, etc, reading here? How about creating a Help Find Erica Parsons page??

So here's Part 1 transcribed:

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130810/SP01/130819982/1016

acr-00083-EricaParsons_zpsd5828415.jpg

August 9, 2013 (PART 1)

Reporter: First of all, tell us about her, in the last few days we know her as a girl on a missing endangered poster, but tell us about her as a girl when she was here, what was she like?

Casey Parsons: She was normal, just like my other daughter. A happy go lucky little girl. Loved boys, even when she was in public school, her biggest problem was boys, she would go after them. She wanted another round of piercings in her ears, we already had one, we weren't going to let her go a second. She loves clothes. She wanted her hair long, she always loved her hair long and curly, and she waited til the day she was able to get a computer and things cause we let our kids wait til a certain age until they get electronic things, and she talked about that quite often, that she was going to get that.

Reporter: And she was adopted, how old was she when you got her?

Casey Parsons: We got her at 4 weeks old, she was placed with us, but she wasn't legally adopted until July 2000, she was 2-1/2 years old.

Reporter: And 2-1/2 years old?

Casey Parsons: Yeah

Reporter: And from what your attorney said and your neighbors have said, you taking in kids, is just what you do?

Casey Parsons: We do. Erica has 3 half siblings that also got at the same time. We had 7 kids, 3 of our biological kids and 4 that we got in at the time when we got her. And we had them 7 kids all the way up until August 1998 when the other 3 were placed with other adopted families that they did get adopted with, and we already had her for weeks, and she was already calling me mama and we couldn't let her go at that point so we, the social workers agreed to, we were the ones who learned her how to walk and talk and we were the only parents she knew at that point, and she called us mama and daddy.

Reporter: Now fast forward to roughly November 2011. What happened the last day she was here?

Casey Parsons: She didn't... her last day wasn't in November...

Reporter: Or roughly around that time.

Casey Parsons: The 3rd trip she want to Nans on, that was the final trip where she stayed with Nan and was December 17th of 2011 and that was suppose to be a 3 week trip for Christmas. She'd already went and visited in November and come back and it was like a Thanksgiving but it wasn't on Thanksgiving week because she was with us that week. She also went in another week in September and come back.

Reporter: So she went at Christmas time and previously she went in September and November?

Casey Parsons: Yes.

Reporter: Who's Nan?

Casey Parsons: Nan is her name, just like anybody gets called Grandma, Nanna, her's was Nan and that's what she called her but her real name was Irene Goodman.

Reporter: And her relationship with Erica is?

Casey Parsons: Her biological Grandmother on the father's side

Reporter: Have you met this woman before?

Casey Parsons: I've been talking to Nan since July 2011 and the first time I met her face to face was September 2011

Reporter: She came here?

Casey Parsons: No, we met at McDonalds in Mooresville

Reporter: How did you meet her?

Casey Parsons: When we met her in July 2011, it was her biological mother who gave her all the information to contact us, and she knew all our information, she knew our names, she knew Erica's birthday, all about Erica's biological daddy and names, and she knew Carolyn, the biological mother, she knew everything.

Reporter: At what point did you meet her biological mother?

Casey Parsons: We've known her, Erica was our niece, even before she was adopted.

Reporter: So the biological mother's name is?

Casey Parsons: Is Carolyn Parsons

Reporter: Where did she live, I know she's out of state?

Casey Parsons: Now she's out of state, they said Louisiana, and I talked to her and she told me Louisiana. She's lived everywhere around this way, Salisbury, and she even lived in Mooresville, and she lived in Kannapolis a lot, in Concord area.

Reporter: So the last time you saw her though, Nan didn't come to pick her up, how did she end up leaving with Nan?

Casey Parsons: All three times we met at the Mooresville McDonalds. All three times.

Casey Parsons: She had a 4 hour drive, and that actually the spot that she said she knew and asked us if we were willing to meet there and we've always met there. It's just that's where we went.

She's had 2 years to come up with this story, looks like she could have made it more believable.

She's had 2 years to come up with this story, looks like she could have made it more believable.

Also curious if she is asked about the fact that Erica wasn't reported missing until their son ratted them out.

Why would the biological mother want Erica to get to know the biological father after Erica had been with the adopted family for 13 years? I could maybe see the biological mother wanting Erica to get to know the maternal side of the family but I understood that she was never married to Erica's biological father. After 13 years of indifference from Erica's father's side of the family, all of a sudden they're interested in getting to know her?

The boy craziness, the piercings, the electronics... Why does it sound so condescending toward Erica?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. This is sort of a "Who's Who" --

Thanks, I was double checking before commenting on the post below.

Thanks ACR, need to comment on this last quote of 4 hour drive.

Salisbury to Asheville
Google has drive times from Salisbury to Asheville at 2:12 hours for a complete trip.

130 mi, 2 hours 9 mins In current traffic: 2 hours 9 mins

From Asheville to Mooresville
121 mi, 1 hour 55 mins In current traffic: 1 hour 55 mins
I-40 E

Math isn't adding up to the statement of 4 hours.

Well maybe a round trip drive. Speculating.

WLOS just did a news story and the BIO Mom is enroute to Asheville I believe. I'll post the story when it goes online.

I found the rest! There are six parts in all. I've only listened to Part 2 at the moment (Sandy still hasn't spoken :ziplip:). A couple of interesting quotes from Casey in part 2:

In reference to Erica staying in Asheville with Nan --
"We wasn't ready to do no permanent signing over or anything like that. I just wasn't ready to do something like that 'cause I would feel like I lost her at that point and she wasn't going to come home."

Um.... Uh.... Well.... If you say so.

When speaking about meeting Nan at McDonalds in Mooresville --
"There was also 2 other people there that was with her (Nan) when she (Erica) got picked up and we have tracked down them people. Them are real people."

If the two people with Nan were "real" people, what does that say about Nan?

Link to all six parts of the interview: http://www.salisburypost.com/interactive/video (Click on "Salisbury Crime")

On part 2 at about the 7 minute mark, does she refer twice to Nan as "Ann" or am I mistaken?

What school did Erica go to when she was with the invisible Nan?

Still watching all the interviews.....but I am beyond words here.

So basically, they have adopted a child and THIRTEEN years later a stranger makes contact and says "hey I am this childs grandmother, can she come visit me?" and just because this random person knows all this childs information (birthdate, birth parents name, etc.....) they say sure here ya go, no need to give me your address.....we can just meet in a parking lot and go from there!!

My daughter is adopted, we have had her from birth. It was an open adoption and the birthmother still on occasion has contact with us and we allow her to see our daughter........but NO WAY IN H$%% would I let her go off with some random person just because they "claimed" to be a biological grandparent!!!

And, mom calls LE when one daughter is missing overnight.......and yet does nothing when the phone number she is supposedly been using to contact EP is suddenly not receiving calls, AND she does not have an address for where she is staying???? But mom still does not consider her "missing"? Soooo messed up!!!

I kinda had a feeling when I read that the brother was the one that contacted LE that he knows more.......not that he's responsible, but that he is angry at the parents for something (and I don't think its about them calling LE on him, that was too long ago)and that this is his way to get back at them.

Think about it. She was being home-schooled by adoptive mom, but then she goes to live with Nan permanently in December although this wasn't really decided until February. Was Nan home-schooling Erica also? Did Nan have authorization to take Erica to the doctor if she needed to go? Nope, this does not make sense. What kind of school reports was adoptive mom turning in for Erica during this time?

So, does "Nan" actually exist? Have LE been able to interview/confirm her story?

Well, I wonder what Nan's convenient neighbor's name was. Oh wait, I guess adoptive mom didn't catch that either. It still doesn't make sense as far as official school reports. Let's see those reports. It was adoptive mom's responsibility to keep up with her schooling. I just love that adoptive mom gave that interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member