NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family breeds pets that they sell. There are presently three doghouses in the front yard in front of the sidewalk leading to the front door. There appears to be more than one storage-type building in the backyard but I'm not positive about it. The right end of the home where a garage/carport was located at one time is now a room with a door in the front.

At least one news outlet has reported that James is Erica's step-brother. I believe James is Erica's older brother, not her step-brother.

I am NOT a fan of breeders! they are on my bad side already!

well a week more or less is not going to make a difference after two years :stormingmad:

Here is my question, why report her at all after 2 years and not before, sounds like he pressed the issue, but he does not sound like a boy Scout either!:dunno:

In August 2011 the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office went out to the Miller Chapel Road home where they say James Parsons assaulted his mother, brother and sister and choked his sister’s dog. It’s not clear if Erica was the sister involved in this incident. Records do not indicate James Parsons was convicted of those charges.

http://www.salisburypost.com/articl...-why-parents-didn-x2019-t-report-girl-missing

And THIS is the person who finally stepped forward and reported her missing??
WOW.
:facepalm:

LE hasn't been able to locate her in a week. She is a child that no one can locate. That alone is enough reason to fear she's in danger. Number one LE can NEVER make too big of a deal over a missing child. Number two if she wasn't in danger why can't anyone find her?

LE hasn't been able to locate her in a week. She is a child that no one can locate. That alone is enough reason to fear she's in danger. Number one LE can NEVER make too big of a deal over a missing child. Number two if she wasn't in danger why can't anyone find her?

Wow.
So the bio parents wanted to establish a relationship with her and the adoptive parents said okay... without knowing anything about them. Then she calls them and says she's not coming back. And they said okay.
And the brother has the habit of assaulting the adoptive parents and they kicked him out.
What is wrong with this picture?

Wow.
So the bio parents wanted to establish a relationship with her and the adoptive parents said okay... without knowing anything about them. Then she calls them and says she's not coming back. And they said okay.
And the brother has the habit of assaulting the adoptive parents and they kicked him out.
What is wrong with this picture?

bbm

I was actually trying to find something RIGHT!

jmo

It just breaks my heart that a child can be so far off the radar that no one even knows she's not around anymore :(

Homeschoolers--is there some kind of mechanism in place for the state to follow up on homeschooled kids to ensure they are, um, alive? Not to draw negative attention to homeschooling--I know a few who have done it. I also knew of a couple of cases when I did CPS where people thought they could just tell us they were homeschooling and we would leave them alone. Doesn't work that way in Minnesota, but would anyone have gone to put eyeballs on this girl??

In Utah you just fill out an affidavit each year. The state/district has never even laid eyes on my kids.
However, my kids have FAMILY members who would FLIP if they didn't see them.
No way could they be missing 2 months without questions... much less 2 years. :twocents:

http://www.salisburypost.com/articl...-why-parents-didn-x2019-t-report-girl-missing

"The Parsonses have a home-based business, Parsons Kennels, where they breed miniature dachshunds, pugs and hedgehogs, according to their website. The Parsonses have five children — three boys and two girls. Erica was one of three children who were homeschooled."

Geeze, this case makes me sick to my stomach !! :banghead:

Why does the Mother's name have to be "Casey" ? :banghead:

I'm still digging but here's a few links on the families "Hedgehogs" business:

http://www.parsonskennel.com/home.html

On the ordering page is the same address listed in MSM:

Casey Parsons
218 Miller Chapel Rd
Salisbury, NC 28147

Quote from page: "My "Human" Family...
My husband and I have been married for over 21 years now. We have 5 beautiful children and 1 daughter-in-law. My kids range in age from 22 to 6 years. My oldest son is in the Army and is stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I home school all my kids and love it. You can read more about our family on "Meet Our Family" page."

On the above web page, they don't provide a link to the "Meet Our Family" page but I found it, here it is:

www.parsonskennel.com/meet-our-family.html

I made screen captures of that whole page about their family just in case it disappears like Erica did !!

There's also ad's online for:

Casey's Critters
218 Miller Chapel Rd
Salisbury, NC 28147

More here:

www.southernhedgehogs.com/#!home/mainPage

Google searches also bring up where she's advertisng on Ebay to sell their critters. I haven't check Craigslist yet..

Happy Diggin'

ACR :seeya:

On the above web page, they don't provide a link to the "Meet Our Family" page but I found it, here it is:

www.parsonskennel.com/meet-our-family.html

I made screen captures of that whole page about their family just in case it disappears like Erica did !!

ACR :seeya:

The first 2 photos, titled "My Boys" and "My Girls" do not show up for me. It says file not found. Is anyone else seeing this?

I am absolutely HORRIFIED and sick about this. How can any parent not worry and fight for a child that they raised??!!! Adopted or not - she was with them for 13 years!! I can't believe that they call her rebellious.

I can't decide if this is better or worse, but could she have been sold?

The first 2 photos, titled "My Boys" and "My Girls" do not show up for me. It says file not found. Is anyone else seeing this?

Doesn't show up for me either :( I'm on an iPad.

Seems this lady takes better care of her animals than she does her kids! Maybe she should stick with raising animals. On her 'about me' page she talks a lot about the care given to the animals and keeping a clean house etc...make me wonder if she wasn't forcing the kids to do most of that responsibility? Her grammar on the about me page is horrible, and she home schools? Scary!

I've been waiting for this shoe to drop. This is the brother that reported her missing, right?

He was adopted too?

Over a year later, in August 2011, deputies were called to the Parsons home again when they said James Parsons attacked his mother and his sister and threatened his younger brother.

This time, court officials said the charges were dismissed because Parsons’ mother, Casey, never showed up to court.

Just a few months later, investigators said Erica Parsons disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214