NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I don't know. I did read somewhere that he pays for accommodation travel etc but not just being on the show. Can I add its amazing what those make up artists can achieve in that show lol. I saw some of it on youtube and when I googled the story I thought I had the wrong casey parsons hahaha

Just my opinion also, but I think the quote from the e-mail reference below was because other family members, were asking about Erica over the months, and years.

Casey is writing the quotes below in February 2013. If Erica disappeared in December 2011, that means that Erica had missed Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparents Day, Birthdays of ALL family members including Erica for at least one full year. So there was probably a slew of rumors floating around on "Where's Erica?" and that may have got back to Carolyn.

Wonder what Casey did with any presents or cards (or money!) that were sent to Erica by relatives on these special occasions?

Casey's e-mail comments are not only defensive but rude.

======================================
www.wbtv.com/story/23341804/online-messages-show-contradictions-in-story-of-missing-teen

"Carolyn, Erica is doing perfect. Don't know why all these rumors are floating around about where she is. Sandy and I still have custody of Erica and she is our daughter," Casey wrote on February 2013, a year after she told investigators she last spoke to Erica. "We are, as parents, can allow our children to spend the night or even week with anyone who we see fit. Erica is still OUR daughter."
======================================

When all is said and done, I won't be shocked if it turns out that Jamie's outburst that got LE called on those various occasions perhaps didn't have something to do with fights with Casey over, "Where's Erica?"

I also believe something happened to Erica shortly after the meeting with CarP. I do not think anything was premeditated.

As far as Casey explaining these messages, I'm sure she will probably just say that she didn't want CarP to know that Erica had gone to live with Nan so she acted like Erica was still at home with her. In other words, she will admit she was lying to CarP.

Do we know if this chick has any Axis II disorders for certain?
She's gotta have one! Normal people aren't like this!

froglady said:
I thought dr phil didn't pay his guests?

I know several years ago he paid the bail for some teen girls who beat up another girl so that they could go on his show.

I wonder what young Erica thought would be different at age 20 that she would consider talking to Carolyn? I work with kids all day, everyday. Majority can't fathom how they will be at any point in the future...emotionally, employment ideas...anything. Such insight into a developmentally disabled 12 year old's internal awareness. Also, lets not pretend that an adopted parent is good with their child associating with their biological parents. Casey never says that she is not okay with Erica being with Carolyn, always saying that Erica doesn't want to. Reality is that Erica probably expressed a curiosity to meet her biological parents. Most adopted parents would discourage it, especially at Erica's age, but due to Casey also being adopted and not meeting her bio parents, she allowed it. Casey is teetering on being an adopted parent and someone who was adopted. Once Erica left the meeting with Carolyn, Casey probably grilled her with questions that made Erica uncomfortable...probably to the point that future meetings with Carolyn would feel more of a hassle than they were worth. This probably caused major friction between Casey and Erica (possibly Sandy too, but probably not) The act of meeting birth parents while living with adopted parents equals that of committing adultary, at least from the adopted parents perspective. They are in the frame of mind that "we gave Erica everything and she goes and wants to meet this stranger who claims to have some kind of connection!!" If a parent is crazy enough, this act could be seen as unforgivable, which leads to anger and whatever act happened after that. My profiling for the day :)

"Does Dr. Phil pay his guests":

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_Dr._Phil_pay_guests

The guests expenses, fights, hotels, limousine etc. are all paid for and after the show they receive "parting gifts".

So YES they are paid. Just not directly with cash or a cheque. Usually it is a prepaid credit card.

Now, there is of course no authentication of this answer, it's just a random web page. But my suspicion has usually been that they are offered SOME sort of enticement, "expenses paid", or at least having the offer of more exposure, being put in touch with people for a book deal or other interviews, something like that. Just because it's not a blatant check written out to them doesn't mean most people can't see the advantage of national television.

Edit: Sigh. WS was behaving for a few weeks there.

Don't forget that Erica was already injured on the day she met Carolyn! Remember the "fall from the tree"? Still wondering who treated her. A local ER? Family doc? Orthopedic? Or the Parsons themselves!

I don't think it was premeditation. For me it seems something happened to Erica after january 5, when she met her bio mom, supervised by Casey. They were supposed to meet again, so Casey first suggested Erica didn't want it and then procured a fake message from the girl, attempting to cut out all the contact with the bio mom. By the way, all this "I love Casey and Sandy sooo much and they are my real parents" stuff makes me feel nauseating. :puke:

Well all of that would contradict the story she told on Dr. Phil anyway. She told Dr. Phil when she last spoke to Nan that Erica was in the background saying she didn't want to talk to that b****. So what changed from that time to when she supposedly spoke to Nan? Oh that's right, it's all a lie. haha

One thing we do know, and that's in Casey's own words, that Erica was no longer thought of as part of her family by June 10, 2012, because she wrote on her "Meet Our Family" web page, "I have 3 boys and 2 girls. My oldest is 20 and the youngest is a boy and he is 6yrs. My kids are my life."

THAT 6 year old was born June 10, 2006. Her two girls she mentions were Brook and Sadie.

ERICA IS MISSING FROM THE LIST !!

http://www.parsonskennel.com/meet-our-family.html

Even "IF" (rolling eyes here!) Erica went off to live with a grandmother, a mother wouldn't have excluded her but would have stated something like, example, "I have three girls, two at home but one is living with her grandmother."

Even when a child in the family passes away, a mother will still include that child in the list, for example, "I have X number of children alive and one that passed away." Some Mothers will even include miscarriages in the head count. A mother never forgets the count of her chickens !!

So true. A friend lost a baby in '99- ask her how many kids she has, she'll say "2 on earth and 1 in heaven"... My daughter doesn't live at home, and it wouldn't even occur to me to neglect to mention her if someone asked how many kids I have- heck, I always follow up with "and a grandbaby, too!"

Re: CP posing as Erica in the emails between the CP's... my heart shatters when I wonder what poor Erica was told as to why she was no longer going to see her biomom. My hubby was adopted and never once stopped wondering who/what/where/why/how as far as his birthmom went.

www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-says-key-whole-case-ericas-biolog/nZnZH/

"Channel 9 talked with Sherrill Thursday who said if homicide charges are filed, he won't be able to represent them anymore.

He said he spoke to Sandy Parsons Wednesday night about "a gamut of possible charges" in the case."

Gee if he just talked to them last night then that new article about the Carolyn/Casey/Erica e-mails that just came out last night, must of rattled a few bones.

Where's the proof that she put her in touch with Nan? She says there is no Nan and never was. Oh that's right she deleted all of that info....right. :facepalm:

mmm hmmm... :facepalm:

So true. A friend lost a baby in '99- ask her how many kids she has, she'll say "2 on earth and 1 in heaven"... My daughter doesn't live at home, and it wouldn't even occur to me to neglect to mention her if someone asked how many kids I have- heck, I always follow up with "and a grandbaby, too!"

Re: CP posing as Erica in the emails between the CP's... my heart shatters when I wonder what poor Erica was told as to why she was no longer going to see her biomom. My hubby was adopted and never once stopped wondering who/what/where/why/how as far as his birthmom went.

Yep, somebody asks me and I'm throwing in the total kid count, the two grandchildren and even the dog and three cats !!

The adoptive parents' attorney may be getting a little bit tired of having these little critical bits of information popping up in the media. Seems they may have forgotten to tell the truth to their attorney and it's going to blow up in his face.

So the plan now is that Carolyn hired a fake "Nan"...and now is hiding Erica or has killed her because of her hurtful messages?

I can't really remember a case with such an imaginative and energetic, yet COMPLETELY OBVIOUS liar as CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18