NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Carolyn publicly denied introducing the Parsonses (thanks to a previous post, I am not referring to them in a grammatically correct manner...seriously, thanks!) to the "Nan" figure? If I were a reporter, I'd ask that question. It seems important.

Is it safe to assume that these Facebook messages have been provided by Carolyn? I can't say that I think that she is smart enough to falsify them. However, I think it is likely that Casey could have been lying to Carolyn about Erica to get Carolyn off of her back. Not that it helps Casey to lie about that, especially since the attorney wants the attention on Carolyn. Although...

If there is anyone here who seems to be easily duped, it's Carolyn. I can't rule out the possibility that she was played by a human trafficker and maybe still doesn't realize it. Also, I don't buy into the theory that Casey contacted her; I think Carolyn's research into genealogy just before Jan. '11 led her to contact the Parsonses.

I can't rule out the possibility that these were white lies by Casey. If Carolyn called me for any reason, I'd do whatever it takes to blow her off, too. Just a different point of view...

White lies???? Everything that comes out of Casey's mouth appears to be a lie, in my opinion- blatant lies!!!Poor Erica!

contra - against

diction - writing

so, writing that is in direct conflict with the intended meaning

Just start at the faked miscarriage and work your way up!!!!

So who is paying for his services right now or is he doing it for nothing?

Oh I think the PARSONS are paying him, but he means that if it turns into a murder trial, he will have to put in many more hours over months ... that is what they can't afford. A few thousand vs. a few hundred thousand. I heard the costs of the defense in the ZIMMERMAN trial were over a million $.

I think the PARSONS lawyer may have been a very nice man at church, as someone here said earlier, but it doesn't appear to me as if he has a lot of experience dealing with a high profile case & the resulting media coverage.

MOO

Has Carolyn publicly denied introducing the Parsonses (thanks to a previous post, I am not referring to them in a grammatically correct manner...seriously, thanks!) to the "Nan" figure? If I were a reporter, I'd ask that question. It seems important.

Carolyn addressed this on her Facebook page this morning but I haven't seen anything publically, so I will hold off saying what she said.

Oh I think the PARSONS are paying him, but he means that if it turns into a murder trial, he will have to put in many more hours over months ... that is what they can't afford. A few thousand vs. a few hundred thousand. I heard the costs of the defense in the ZIMMERMAN trial were over a million $.

I think the PARSONS lawyer may have been a very nice man at church, as someone here said earlier, but it doesn't appear to me as if he has a lot of experience dealing with a high profile case & the resulting media coverage.

MOO

Yeah, probably paying him on chihuahuas. "To retain my services, I accept 4 male chihuahuas and future right to use your wife as a surrogate for the egg of my choosing"

I don't think they can claim any messages sent from a pc as fake because they could trace the ip address. Unless she is going to blame them on the son too :/

If this comes out through the lawyer as the next excuse, then I'm placing bets he is reading here and might be posting here!

This story just makes my head and heart hurt.

If as Casey claims, Carolyn introduced or somehow connected these fictitious relatives to Erica and the Parsons family, why then did Casey feel it necessary to perpetuate the lie that Erica was with her and send emails in response to Carolyn's inquiries about Erica's well being that were full of lies and false updates about Erica's life with the Parsonses?

If Carolyn was the person who led the false relatives to Erica, why would Casey not simply tell Carolyn that Erica was spending time with those same "relatives"?

Why the big lie over the course of several emails and several years?

It makes no sense. I can't bend over far enough to make this somehow Carolyn's fault when there are others that have repeatedly lied and have every motivation to continue doing so right in front of my nose. No bending needed KWIM?

The only truth I've heard so far... Erica is with her biological Grandma.

The rest is smoke and mirrors and LIES, IMVHO!

Yeah, probably paying him on chihuahuas. "To retain my services, I accept 4 male chihuahuas and future right to use your wife as a surrogate for the egg of my choosing"

FEMALE chihuahuas dear! Only need one male non related to the females to get the business started! :twocents: :banghead:

If this comes out through the lawyer as the next excuse, then I'm placing bets he is reading here and might be posting here!

This story just makes my head and heart hurt.

Should I remove it? Dont mean to plant more stupid into her...

What I also meant in saying they can't say they are fake is they can't say someone hacked her computer if the messages are sent from her IP address :/ sorry not good with wording things :(

We don't know how the reporters got copies of the FB conversations. In the video news story, the reporter had a print out of the conversations in his hand. After watching the video, I was under the impression that Carolyn had printed out the conversation and gave it to the reporter. This was not stated as fact, just my impression.

If they were just printed out and handed to the reporter, there would be no IP tracing involved. We don't know if LE has obtained the conversations from Facebook or retrieved them from anybody's computer. (I hope they have, but we do not know this as a fact.)

I know the FBI and local LE are both involved in this case, but we don't know how much resources they are actually putting behind it. I wish they would hold a press conference to give the public a status update.

https://twitter.com/WBTV_News

David Joel Whisenant ‏@DavidWhisenant 3h
Lawyer for #EricaParsons adopt mom says he didn't see contradiction in FB messages, says they show Erica really loved Casey.
Retweeted by WBTV_News
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Did the lawyer not catch the dates on those messages? Erica "really loved" Casey so much but didn't ever want to live with her again?

Does the lawyer's comments mean that Casey is not denying the FB posts are authentic? I would think her only option would be to deny..deny...deny. Those posts are unquestionably incriminating!

O/T, but remains that were probably Elaina Steinfurth's were recovered yesterday...from the home of one of the probable perps who has been in jail all summer. Meaning, they did not search the property (and garage where she was found, in a box in the rafters) thoroughly, until (most likely) the guy in jail finally cracked to cut a deal

I sure hope LE has been over all the Parsons' properties.

Maybe some of the adoptive parents' financial transactions will give LE some info about vacations or trips, say... in the mountains a couple of years ago.

IMO, they could at least be arrested for obstruction of an investigation and the federal charges for cashing those checks. Take away their freedom, and we might see someone start to talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME