NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-says-fbi-warned-family-about-lyin/nZrLd/

Updated: 6:19 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, 2013 | Posted: 3:54 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, 2013
Parsons attorney says FBI warned family about lying to investigators

"The lawyer for the family of missing Rowan County teen Erica Parson said federal agents warned his clients about lying to investigators.

Casey and Sandy Parsons remain at the center of the investigation into what happened to their adopted daughter who was last seen nearly two years ago.

Until Monday, investigators have released very little information about what they are looking into in relation to Erica’s disappearance.

But on Monday, the lawyer for the Parsons told Channel 9 reporter Kathryn Burcham that from the beginning, the Sheriff’s Office has considered the case a homicide investigation.

It was the first time Casey Parsons has been seen in several days, as she and Sandy drove away Monday afternoon after a quick visit to their Rowan County home."

And.........

"Sherrill said during an interview two weeks ago with Casey, federal agents stopped the conversation and warned him they could charge Casey with a crime if she lied to investigators about Nan Goodman, the woman who allegedly took Erica to Asheville."

And.........

"Channel 9 spoke with Carolyn Parsons about her meeting with detectives.

She said she couldn’t share any details about what went on, but she did say she now plans to leave the area later this week and return home to Louisiana."

Attorney Carlyle Sherrill told the FBI that Casey believed Erica was living with her biological grandmother, because that's who Casey thought she met and was introduced to Erica's biological mother Carolyn; if the facts weren't true, Sherrill says it's not because Casey was lying, but simply told federal agents what she'd been told.

If only she had anything other than her word that this is a possibility. Not asking for too much, just ONE lead that checks out.

Wow. If my attorney told the press that the FBI advised me not to lie, I'd be getting a new attorney.

yeah I know 40 and 70, prowled around in them hills in the past, on roads that barely qualified as roads....
...I guess I am curious as to Asheville....to the best of my limited knowledge the biological family has no ties specific to Asheville? Nor the adoptive family? Just am just very curious as to why CP apparently pulled Asheville outta her....head.

Did CP associate the 'Biltmore' with 'finer things', thus this mystery persons gifts, and horses, and cars? Asheville does have its more affluent citizens...

I do recall on a family members FB mention of a trip to the Biltmore some time in the past...could that have influenced CP in some fashion?

I realize the tale is bunk, but how & why CP constructed this tale is enthralling. Well, to me at any rate.

Does anyone want to hear my gut instinct? Tough...you're gonna hear it anyways. LMAO

Casey is proving to be a manipulative sort and she thinks nothing of throwing anyone under the proverbial bus. However, whether or not anyone else in that home was involved with Erica's disappearance....or had knowledge thereof, she will either manipulate, coerce or orchestrate one of them to take the fall for this. Sandy might even eventually confess to something that he did not do, under the scheming control of his wife. If my guess is right, we may never know the whole truth of what has happened to Erica.

AND!

If by some chance, Erica is alive and Casey delivered her, at some point, to another party -- you can be dang sure that Casey is trying her darndest, as we speak, to close the barn door AFTER the cows got out!

yeah I know 40 and 70, prowled around in them hills in the past, on roads that barely qualified as roads....
...I guess I am curious as to Asheville....to the best of my limited knowledge the biological family has no ties specific to Asheville? Nor the adoptive family? Just am just very curious as to why CP apparently pulled Asheville outta her....head.

Did CP associate the 'Biltmore' with 'finer things', thus this mystery persons gifts, and horses, and cars? Asheville does have its more affluent citizens...

I do recall on a family members FB mention of a trip to the Biltmore some time in the past...could that have influenced CP in some fashion?

I realize the tale is bunk, but how & why CP constructed this tale is enthralling. Well, to me at any rate.

Biltmore House=Fairytale Castle

I am guessing she thought she could keep a well known place in her story better.

Why can’t the police track down the person who the Parsons say Erica is with from communications in 2011? Because she is an imaginanny and CP is the only person who can see her

Why were the Parsons receiving money from the state for Erica?
Because they are greedy, want the money but not the responsibility of raising EP

Why were the Parsons able to continue receiving money from the state after Erica stopped living with them?Because they never disclosed to authorities that they no longer had custody of EP.

Why did Erica’s adoptive brother report her missing nearly two years after she disappeared?Becasue he was finally no longer under CPs control and got some guts to stand up to her and report her

Just my opinion :)

Sorry I don't think Casey would ever have given Erica away. I think she would have sold her to the highest bidder, if Erica is alive at all.

If the FBI made that statement to the lawyer about reminding his clients about lying and stopped the interview I think they know a lot and have some kind of paper or internet trail. I think they are ready to drop the hammer and would just like to find Erica first. Put them in jail and see if that helps. Casey may have health problems but she can have them in jail.

I think the FBI has followed the money trail.

In essence giving her away would in a way be "selling" her.........she would still be getting the monthly check and in return she would have one less mouth to feed, one less child to buy Christmas and birthday gifts for, one less child to basically provide for, therefore she had an extra X amount of money each month.

I know she had already left her with her sister once before, but in my opinion she couldn't leave her with her long because her sister might report her to the state. This would be a more permanent solution in her twisted mind.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to me. I had never heard of this underground giving away of adopted children. Its SICKENING to think about!

I know I'm in the minority in thinking Erica may possibly still be alive, but it just breaks my heart to think she's not.

From Twitter:

"Tony Burbeck WCNC ‏@TonyWCNC 9h
#ericaparsons biological mother Carolyn met with local investigators for about 15 min today, then got in car and left without talking."

From: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-says-fbi-warned-family-about-lyin/nZrLd/

She said she couldn’t share any details about what went on, but she did say she now plans to leave the area later this week and return home to Louisiana."

This does not seem suspicious at all. <modsnip>

Do you mind telling me if you are facebook friends with her? I ask because I can see her public page only, and it does not contain this. I did hear it reported, though.

Sonja Gantt reported it on WCNC tonight that Carolyn had stated that on her FB.

From Twitter:

"Tony Burbeck WCNC &#8207;@TonyWCNC 9h
#ericaparsons biological mother Carolyn met with local investigators for about 15 min today, then got in car and left without talking."

From: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-says-fbi-warned-family-about-lyin/nZrLd/

She said she couldn&#8217;t share any details about what went on, but she did say she now plans to leave the area later this week and return home to Louisiana."

This does not seem suspicious at all. Nope, nothing to see here.

No it doesn't, it really does not seem suspicious at all, not to me. I think They have told her they don't need her anymore and if she needs to go home it's ok. They probably told her a lot more she can't talk about like plans for future arrests and what exactly they think happened to Erica. I suspect/hope the hammer will fall soon on CP and SP. We've seen this before with other cases.

No it doesn't, it really does not seem suspicious at all, not to me. I think They have told her they don't need her anymore and if she needs to go home it's ok. They probably told her a lot more she can't talk about like plans for future arrests and what exactly they think happened to Erica. I suspect/hope the hammer will fall soon on CP and SP. We've seen this before with other cases.

Plus.....she probably has a job to get back to.

For those who are exploring the route that Casey alleges to have taken to drop Erica off....let my give a totally fictitious analogy.

So, I am having an affair on my husband. I meet my lover at the hotel in the northwest corner of town, while we live in the east side. Hubby starts to suspect and asks where I was Saturday night. I don't want to attract attention to where I really was, so I tell him that I went to a grocery store in the south end for something they didn't have after all. Oh, and by the way....I ran into an old classmate from high school and her and I went for coffee in the southeast. Then I came home.

To deflect guilt, many would have a tendency to suggest an area which is entirely opposite of the truth, in so many ways. Once again, going by gut instinct....go the polar opposite direction from where the Parsons lived in Dec 2011 AND go to a place that is either near a McDs . . . or a completely secluded, non-public, and naturally landscaped area. It can be 100 miles from their home....it can be 10 feet...but Little Miss Erica is likely to be found in that direction.

Very sad to hear that LE now consider this a homicide investigation, but am not surprised, in all honesty. :'(

For those who are exploring the route that Casey alleges to have taken to drop Erica off....let my give a totally fictitious analogy.

So, I am having an affair on my husband. I meet my lover at the hotel in the northwest corner of town, while we live in the east side. Hubby starts to suspect and asks where I was Saturday night. I don't want to attract attention to where I really was, so I tell him that I went to a grocery store in the south end for something they didn't have after all. Oh, and by the way....I ran into an old classmate from high school and her and I went for coffee in the southeast. Then I came home.

To deflect guilt, many would have a tendency to suggest an area which is entirely opposite of the truth, in so many ways. Once again, going by gut instinct....go the polar opposite direction from where the Parsons lived in Dec 2011 AND go to a place that is either near a McDs . . . or a completely secluded, non-public, and naturally landscaped area. It can be 100 miles from their home....it can be 10 feet...but Little Miss Erica is likely to be found in that direction.

Very sad to hear that LE now consider this a homicide investigation, but am not surprised, in all honesty. :'(

Well, I think today's news centered around the lawyer reflecting on things from a few weeks ago. My understanding is that the local police put pressure on the Parsons and, as you say, considered it was a homicide investigation. They lawyered up, went on Dr. Phil, then the local cops cornered Sandy in a car during the search warrant. Thus, the description of the relationship with local cops as "strained."

A week or two later, the FBI comes in to interview the Parsonses. After a heated beginning, they cool off and come together and have a discussion that is related to finding Erica as opposed to building a case to burn the Parsonses.

So, I don't think that is correct to say that local LE "now" considers it a homicide. I think is clear that is local LE's take from the outset. The question is what do the Feds think.

Obviously the Parsonses and the feds put water under the bridge and met then and again at a later time. No interviews reported with local LE. So...

What are the feds up to? Truly trying to find Erica? Or, playing by the Parsonses rules for the dual purpose of finding Erica and/or building a case against them?

Quite a bit of difference in what LE says and what the adoptive parents' attorney says.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-says-fbi-warned-family-about-lyin/nZrLd/
But on Monday, the lawyer for the Parsons told Channel 9 reporter Kathryn Burcham that from the beginning, the Sheriff&#8217;s Office has considered the case a homicide investigation.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23380703/...arents-have-strained-relationship-with-police
Monday afternoon, a spokesperson for the Rowan County Sheriff's Office said "The Rowan County Sheriff's Office is part of a law enforcement team, which includes our office, NC SBI, and the FBI, which continues to work daily committing many resources in an effort to solve the Erica Parsons missing persons investigation."

Captain John Sifford said "specific details of the investigation will not be released to protect the integrity of this ongoing investigation."

Herstory
Yes I have considered the possibility that Asheville may be the complete opposite direction of where Erica 'could' be....the fixation on AShville, when some place else could have sufficed ...the spin on oh the farm the horses, blah blah
but hmm, now that you mention it.
I have always believed <some> truth lies in lies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme