NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's examine the alleged phone calls made from the apartment that night...

FH's phone was used to text BME at 3:41am and again at 3:43am.

The first message read:
"Hey b. Can you come over here please. Karena needs you more aha. You know. Please let her know you care."
followed up shortly thereafter with a second simple text: "Than"

The 2nd call was likely delivering a correction to the first wrongly auto-corrected call, which was intended to read:
"Hey b. Can you come over here please. Karena needs you more than you know. Please let her know you care."

4 brief phone calls (not texts) went from KR's phone to BME at
3:44
3:52
3:55
4:14 (all less than 40 seconds)

15 mins. after that final call to BME, KR is picked up by JM to go to a house in Chapel Hill to stay the morning.

How did JM know to go and pick up KR?

(There is some question as to when BME texted back to FH phone at 4:16 AM or PM...if PM, he would have already heard of her death.

Lets look at the 911 call.

From what I've read, FH was found propped against the bed while sitting on the floor, nude from the waist down with her shirt pulled over her head,

How does that jibe with this portion of the (unofficial) 911 call

OP = 911 operator C= Caller

Op: Okay. Ma’am, we need to find out if we can help her or not. You’ve got to do as I’m asking you…so we can help her.

C: Okay.

Op: Okay. If you can, lay her flat on her back…remove any pillows.

C: Lay her flat on her back?

Op: Lay her flat on her back. Remove any pillows.

Op: Okay. Kneel next to her. Look in her mouth for food or vomit.

C: There’s blood everywhere.

Op: Okay. Kneel next to her and look in her mouth for food or vomit.

C: There’s blood… (Unintelligible)

I’m sorry. I’m really trying.

Op: It’s okay, honey. It’s okay, hon.

C: There’s blood everywhere. I don’t know where it came from.

Op: Alright. Alright. Listen to me. When you touch her, how does she feel?

C: What?

Op: Does she feel warm?

C: No, she feels cold.

Op: She feels cold. Okay.

C: Yes.

Op: Okay, alright. Don’t touch anything else. Okay? Don’t touch anything else.

Just a quick question...

Where was KR living when ETJ kicked in her door prompting the restraining order.?

Lets look at the 911 call.

From what I've read, FH was found propped against the bed while sitting on the floor, nude from the waist down with her shirt pulled over her head,

How does that jibe with this portion of the (unofficial) 911 call

OP = 911 operator C= Caller

Op: Okay. Ma’am, we need to find out if we can help her or not. You’ve got to do as I’m asking you…so we can help her.

Op: Okay. If you can, lay her flat on her back…remove any pillows.

C: Lay her flat on her back?

Op: Lay her flat on her back. Remove any pillows.

Op: Okay. Kneel next to her. Look in her mouth for food or vomit.

C: There’s blood everywhere.

Op: Okay. Kneel next to her and look in her mouth for food or vomit.

C: There’s blood… (Unintelligible)

I’m sorry. I’m really trying.

Op: It’s okay, honey. It’s okay, hon.

C: There’s blood everywhere. I don’t know where it came from.

Op: Alright. Alright. Listen to me. When you touch her, how does she feel?

C: What?

Op: Does she feel warm?

C: No, she feels cold.

Op: She feels cold. Okay.

C: Yes.

Op: Okay, alright. Don’t touch anything else. Okay? Don’t touch anything else.
My opinion is that the caller was not actually doing any of the things requested by the 911 operator. I have heard other examples of cases where the caller was asked to perform cpr for example, but evidence at the scene indicated no cpr efforts. In those other examples I have heard, the caller was involved in the death and already knew the person was beyond saving...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes, ETJ has always been a person of interest. I could see how Karena may have something relatable to Stockholm Syndrome. Thank you for your thoughts! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion is that the caller was not actually doing any of the things requested by the 911 operator. I have heard other examples of cases where the caller was asked to perform cpr for example, but evidence at the scene indicated no cpr efforts. In those other examples I have heard, the caller was involved in the death and already knew the person was beyond saving...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

YES!!!! Absolutely!!!!
I have been stuck on that 911 call since there was talk of it. Super suspicious. It also seemed she was "pretending" to do things requested of her. Reminded me of when someone would call and ask for my parents who were not home at the time and I'd pretend to write it down by repeating the numbers back to them as if I was writing it down. Terrible child I know. Also-Not to mention how calm Karena was acting after seeing Faith dead. Karena texted. Marisol was quietly weeping. These observations were made by the downstairs neighbors.

SS, where was KR's earlier apartment

Before residing at 5639 Old Chapel Hill Rd #1502 KR had a previous address on 17 Lanark in CH...Faith also resided there at one time. Faith went to stay with Karena on old chapel hill rd for only a few weeks until Faith's financial aid went through.

http://abc11.com/archive/8904482/

Things that made me wonder:
1. "Faith was serious." Serious about what? He doesn't elaborate.
2. He says "Faith WAS serious" Only moments after he found out about Faith-he refers to her the in past tense. IMO

Thoughts?

I'm a local and remember seeing his on camera interview the day they found her. I thought he was guilty then and I still think it, although I have no idea why his DNA doesn't match.

I'm a local and remember seeing his on camera interview the day they found her. I thought he was guilty then and I still think it, although I have no idea why his DNA doesn't match.

Local here too!!!
I did too and 100% agree with you
His DNA may not match but it doesn't mean he didn't have a part in the crime. Also, having lived there before he would have touch DNA in the apartment. Same goes for BME.

I'm a local and remember seeing his on camera interview the day they found her. I thought he [Eric Jones] was guilty then and I still think it, although I have no idea why his DNA doesn't match.

When the 20/20 episode shifted suspicion to Latinos I looked through Faith's social media, as I'm sure many did, for Latino "friends" (and there were a number of interesting headshots), but maybe it's just as important to search through Jones' social media (IF you can find any; it's been largely 'washed'!) for HIS Latino connections. Has anyone already done that?
He goes, by the way, under several names: "Eric or Eriq T. Jones" or "Takoy Jones" or "Eric A. Jones"... perhaps more.

When the 20/20 episode shifted suspicion to Latinos I looked through Faith's social media, as I'm sure many did, for Latino "friends" (and there were a number of interesting headshots), but maybe it's just as important to search through Jones' social media (IF you can find any; it's been largely 'washed'!) for HIS Latino connections. Has anyone already done that?
He goes, by the way, under several names: "Eric or Eriq T. Jones" or "Takoy Jones" or "Eric A. Jones"... perhaps more.

Oh that's a good point!

My take on that article.

"Takoy Jones' name is clear"... suggesting he may have been a person of interest in the case.

I agree that this suggests he may have been a person of interest.

>>>> respectfully snipped by me for space saving<<<<

And again, there's always the possibility that the police know who did this but just don't have enough evidence to move forward.

bbm

That's exactly what I think. And I do think they are seriously looking for it.

I spent some time on the Parabon Nanolabs site reading about their phenotyping process, which generated the DNA based image of the possible offender.

The process seems legit in that they have generated some very remarkable images of people.

The one thing that would increase the likelihood of a hit would be to create different facial images showing heavier weight and less weight. As we know, individuals who are heavy have a different facial appearance than when they lose weight. Creating a computer generated image of the picture showing perhaps a 30-40 pound heavier weight may jog a few memories.

Look at this example.

Here is a guy who was much heavier in the before picture and after extensive weight loss...he looks like a different person.

wee.JPG

The same would be true if the person was excessively thin, although not to such an extreme.

The phenotyping process holds lots of potential value to law enforcement and it would only improve if the generated image showed different body weights of the individual.

Let's go a step further.
I will apply the weight gain/weight loss image manipulation myself.

Original image

he.JPG

These are only my interpretations of the original image and are not to be construed as an accurate rendering of the original photo.

With that...here is my take on the possible offender at a much heavier weight.

hexxxl.JPG

And here is my take on the offender at a much lighter weight.

hesm.JPG

As you can see, even with my limited resources, the appearance of the offender has changed somewhat.

Let's go a step further.
I will apply the weight gain/weight loss image manipulation myself.

Original image

View attachment 110308

These are only my interpretations of the original image and are not to be construed as an accurate rendering of the original photo.

With that...here is my take on the possible offender at a much heavier weight.

View attachment 110306

And here is my take on the offender at a much lighter weight.

View attachment 110307

As you can see, even with my limited resources, the appearance of the offender has changed somewhat.

Thank you!!! I have been wondering the same abouy weight and age. Great examples !!!!

Great work, Gunther Toody! Thanks!

I recently moved to the area and have been meaning to post a video of Faith's apartment complex and the proximity of her building to ETJ's building (which is in the same complex). I hope this okay to post. I don't mention any names other than Faith's. Mods feel free to remove if you need to. I apologize in advance it is so dark and for the poor quality.... and for my rambling :p

[video]https://vid.me/GYyn[/video]

I recently moved to the area and have been meaning to post a video of Faith's apartment complex and the proximity of her building to ETJ's building (which is in the same complex). I hope this okay to post. I don't mention any names other than Faith's. Mods feel free to remove if you need to. I apologize in advance it is so dark and for the poor quality.... and for my rambling :p

[video]https://vid.me/GYyn[/video]

Thank you for posting!!!
When I saw his interview the day and on the day itself when Faith's body was discovered I felt like it was definitely too close for comfort. I had a p/o against an abusive bf and he was not allowed anywhere I lived or anywhere I was...how did this slip through the cracks?! He should have never been allowed to stay in the same complex. Unless the girls didn't know or kept it a secret cause she was still seeing him...meaning KR still seeing ETJ...thoughts...imoo

Thank you for posting!!!
When I saw his interview the day and on the day itself when Faith's body was discovered I felt like it was definitely too close for comfort. I had a p/o against an abusive bf and he was not allowed anywhere I lived or anywhere I was...how did this slip through the cracks?! He should have never been allowed to stay in the same complex. Unless the girls didn't know or kept it a secret cause she was still seeing him...meaning KR still seeing ETJ...thoughts...imoo

They literally had to drive by his building to get home and leave everyday... And that night the roommate had to drive past his place to leave with JM. So I have always wondered if he went to confront Faith after he saw roommate leave with another guy. Maybe Faith said something about him just being jealous.

Do you happen to have a link to that interview? Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member