NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought going through my mind: The perp/perps were "black out" from some sort of substance. No memory at all. Just thinking.
I know I mentioned it before...I keep going back to it-BME message about his tattoo dedication to Faith. He says things about her lighting up when she saw him walk into the bar. About catching up on old times...
I've stated it before that I think it was weird catching up on old times when he spent the night at their apartment the night before. Karena being sick wanting to leave the club early 9/7/12 cause she felt ill...when they exit the club she doesn't appear to be sick. She stands around talking with a few men as Faith sits on a bench outside the club.
What if...BME is talking about the night prior 9/5/12...the night he spent the night at the girls' apartment. That would make more sense to me...
What if...the night Karena felt sick was also on 9/5/12 early 9/6/12.
I always felt weird about the fact BME recalls leaving the girls' apartment around 11am on 9/6/12...Faith's body was discovered 9/7/12...911 call was at 11:01AM...11AM seems to be a prime time...JMOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

815e89227ef7d1c331a6cc81340a4245.jpg

I'm sitting with paper bags and writing the statement written on the TimeOut bag. I have written in pen on some and pencil in some. I recreated what would be a biscuit in the bag. I crumpled it up like you would once you take the food out of the bag and eat or when you throw away. I also wrote on it before I crumpled it up just with crumples from food being in it and carrying home. Wrote on table, bed, couch, leg and holding bag against wall while writing. Some I wrote in my dominant hand and others my non dominant A few things I noticed...pretty sure it was written in ink...if you notice N, E and A have a small ball(?) of ink at the beginning or end of each letter...I noticed when I wrote in ink anywhere there was the same small ball of ink on the letter I wrote-where I needed to stop and think for a moment as I wrote the words. I also found that when i wrote on a softer surface with pen the pen broke through the paper which leads me to believe it was done on something sturdy. "stupid" i believe was written beforehand or afterward. It seems to be written with clear purpose. My no dominant hand looked closest to the original. I will have my Bf do it tonight the same ways I did so I can compare my more feminine traits in writing against his. Although the stupid is for sure a female writing in my opinion.
Who writes a note-knowing it could have DNA on it and whatever it was written with...seems sloppy if you are trying to remain unknown. Unless it was written beforehand and had nothing to do with what a perp/perps wrote...they remembered it and got out of trash and added in "stupid" I've also entertained that it was written as 911 was being called...sloppy...red herring? 911 caller never says there was a note...in the center of the bed...with the word "*****" on it...And discovering Faith's body is a gruesome scene. I'd tell 911 about it because it shows motive of perp/perps...the word jealous and the word ***** and my friend is dead...it could be connected I should tell 911...unless it wasn't there when Faith was found...

I'm sitting with paper bags and writing the statement written on the TimeOut bag. I have written in pen on some and pencil in some. I recreated what would be a biscuit in the bag. I crumpled it up like you would once you take the food out of the bag and eat or when you throw away. I also wrote on it before I crumpled it up just with crumples from food being in it and carrying home. Wrote on table, bed, couch, leg and holding bag against wall while writing. Some I wrote in my dominant hand and others my non dominant A few things I noticed...pretty sure it was written in ink...if you notice N, E and A have a small ball(?) of ink at the beginning or end of each letter...I noticed when I wrote in ink anywhere there was the same small ball of ink on the letter I wrote-where I needed to stop and think for a moment as I wrote the words. I also found that when i wrote on a softer surface with pen the pen broke through the paper which leads me to believe it was done on something sturdy. "stupid" i believe was written beforehand or afterward. It seems to be written with clear purpose. My no dominant hand looked closest to the original. I will have my Bf do it tonight the same ways I did so I can compare my more feminine traits in writing against his. Although the stupid is for sure a female writing in my opinion.
Who writes a note-knowing it could have DNA on it and whatever it was written with...seems sloppy if you are trying to remain unknown. Unless it was written beforehand and had nothing to do with what a perp/perps wrote...they remembered it and got out of trash and added in "stupid" I've also entertained that it was written as 911 was being called...sloppy...red herring? 911 caller never says there was a note...in the center of the bed...with the word "*****" on it...And discovering Faith's body is a gruesome scene. I'd tell 911 about it because it shows motive of perp/perps...the word jealous and the word ***** and my friend is dead...it could be connected I should tell 911...unless it wasn't there when Faith was found...

Edit**the picture shown is of the actual note found at crime scene

I personally don't think it's unusual that the 911 caller makes no mention of the note. I don't consider it relevant to the 911 operator. The operator's job is to get the address, understand what services are needed, and send them. Also I consider it feasible that the caller may not have been able to see/read the note depending on how the bag was oriented and/or if she stopped near the doorway of the room.

I seem to recall that the same dna profile was identified from the semen, bag, and a pen. What I'm wondering is what kind of tissue was recovered from the bag and pen. Specifically, could it have been semen on those items? I just wonder if it's possible this was premeditated and someone either found a used condom in public or saved a condom after a hookup with a stranger. It's a big stretch but could explain the lack of dna match with any suspects. Moo.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I personally don't think it's unusual that the 911 caller makes no mention of the note. I don't consider it relevant to the 911 operator. The operator's job is to get the address, understand what services are needed, and send them. Also I consider it feasible that the caller may not have been able to see/read the note depending on how the bag was oriented and/or if she stopped near the doorway of the room.

I seem to recall that the same dna profile was identified from the semen, bag, and a pen. What I'm wondering is what kind of tissue was recovered from the bag and pen. Specifically, could it have been semen on those items? I just wonder if it's possible this was premeditated and someone either found a used condom in public or saved a condom after a hookup with a stranger. It's a big stretch but could explain the lack of dna match with any suspects. Moo.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Or the perp got lucky and the male DNA was there from a consensual encounter.
I also have wondered if it was somehow planted...There were several law students that LE spoke to about Faith. Either they planted it or counseled someone on how to. (How To Get Away With Murder)...just thoughts. I also wonder what DNA was found on bag and pen. Also, I don't think I have read anywhere about DNA being found under her nails...I'm not saying there wasn't I am unable to find anywhere that says anything about findings from her nails.

I have a question regarding an autopsy report: Is jewelry on a body marked on the body of the report or is it noted?

I have a question regarding an autopsy report: Is jewelry on a body marked on the body of the report or is it noted?

The ME doing the autopsy describes the body as it was received, for example, among other descriptions of the decedent, "wearing red shorts, a blue tee-shirt with the letters UVA on the front, white panties, gold stud earrings in each ear, and a leather-strap watch on the left wrist." (totally made up phrase) The ME would, of course, mention any tattoos, rings on fingers or toes, etc., as well.

Visible body injuries such as bruises, bite marks, scratches, etc., would be mentioned in a different section of the autopsy. It's all in the autopsy -- which we all, of course, want to see.

This is prolly old news, but there is a lengthy doc in PDF format which gives a lot of info on searches and recaps conversations with various witnesses by LE . Names have been redacted (blacked out) but it's good reading and may help some sleuthers here who have just joined us on this case.

I googled Faith Hedgepeth and saw this:

[h=3]IN THE MATTER on - DocumentCloud[/h]https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/1283962/hedgepeth-case-files.pdf

undersigned counsel, moves the court for an Urder Temporarily Sealing Medical Examiner Autopsy reports in the matter oi'the death of Faith Danielle Hedgepeth. the report on an unresponsive person located at 5639 Ski Durham Road apartment number 1502.

This is prolly old news, but there is a lengthy doc in PDF format which gives a lot of info on searches and recaps conversations with various witnesses by LE . Names have been redacted (blacked out) but it's good reading and may help some sleuthers here who have just joined us on this case.

[h=3]IN THE MATTER on - DocumentCloud[/h]https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/1283962/hedgepeth-case-files.pdf

undersigned counsel, moves the court for an Urder Temporarily Sealing Medical Examiner Autopsy reports in the matter oi'the death of Faith Danielle Hedgepeth. the report on an unresponsive person located at 5639 Ski Durham Road apartment number 1502.

Yes!!! Great link!!!!

Maybe a typo...the girls resided at 5639 Old Chapel Hill Rd #1502 in Durham.
Faith was there only a few weeks and only as an in between before her financial aid came through.

That's exactly what I remember, Simplestarz -- she didn't actually share the apt with Rosario full-time -- she was just in-between residences until she got a place to live on her own -- either in a dorm or in another apt. That makes it even sadder and more mysterious, IMO.

Not wanting this thread to fall off the table, I will offer this.

I brought up the question of motive in the case. Once a motive can be found it becomes easier to narrow the suspect list.
Basically there are three motives for murder

Money

Sex

Revenge

Beyond that, each could be broken down some more but these three are the paths to killers.

On another note, gaining an understanding of what makes offenders tick can lead to identifying the possible offender through traits and their psychological profile.

Here is a very good read that can provide insight into the criminal mind and how criminal profiling including staging of the crime scene can lead to capturing the offender.

This work is entitled The Use of Offender Profiling Evidence in Criminal Cases

written by Norbert Ebisike
Golden Gate University School of Law

It is a pdf file and can be read online or downloaded.

http://digitalcommons.law.ggu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1023&context=theses

After reading The Use Of Offender Profiling Evidence in Criminal Cases...does our offender appear to be Organized or Disorganized?

dis.JPG

Looked into this last year...elements of both disorganized and organized. Leads me to believe it was more than one perpetrator.

Motive is festering jealously that got the bomb ticking...that awful day 9/7/12 the bomb went off. Perhaps someone tried diffusing "the bomb" but to no avail. Too little too late. JMO

http://abc11.com/archive/8904482/

Things that made me wonder:
1. "Faith was serious." Serious about what? He doesn't elaborate.
2. He says "Faith WAS serious" Only moments after he found out about Faith-he refers to her the in past tense. IMO

Thoughts?

http://abc11.com/archive/8904482/

Things that made me wonder:
1. "Faith was serious." Serious about what? He doesn't elaborate.
2. He says "Faith WAS serious" Only moments after he found out about Faith-he refers to her the in past tense. IMO

Thoughts?

My take on that article.

"Takoy Jones' name is clear"... suggesting he may have been a person of interest in the case.

I agree that this suggests he may have been a person of interest.

The writer, still identifying themselves as Jones, goes on to say, "He's glad it's over.., that he never lost any sleep over it."

This indicates that he was never worried about being charged as a suspect. However it does not imply innocence just that he was probably cleared once his DNA was tested.

"She just did not believe in any type of abuse in a relationship," said Rolanda Hedgepeth. "She was trying to help."

Very frequently women in an abusive relationship are intimidated into doing things that they would not ordinarily do...a little like Stockholm Syndrome, where victims sympathize with their kidnappers, which is essentially the same only the abuser takes control of the mind.

"Faith was serious. I'm still in shock," said Jones.

To me, this seems to indicate she took her studies seriously, or it could mean she threatened to expose someone for some wrong doing. After he heard that she was dead, past tense would be the proper term to use.

And again, there's always the possibility that the police know who did this but just don't have enough evidence to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties