NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Karena Rosario is up to these days? She's the roommate who is last known to have seen Faith alive. She left around 4:30am and returned and called 911 at about 11am the next morning.

I just found her instagram (Karena's), she has changed her name since Faith died(I'm referring to the instagram name she is tagged under on Faith's IG). She mentions Faith in her bio. I've looked around quite a bit at some folks' SM & it's nice to see that a lot of them still have mentions of her and profile photos of or with her. She has not been forgotten! <3

It's been almost three years and there is no news. No arrest. No justice. Unacceptable! Let this be the year there is Justice for Faith.

Tom Gasparoli has added a couple of columns on the case for the News & Observer (although little new information):

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/community/durham-news/dn-opinion/article31185011.html
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/community/durham-news/dn-opinion/article32737860.html

...and the Durham Herald is s'posed to have a piece out this coming weekend on Faith's murder.
So sad, 3 excruciating yrs. and seemingly NOTHING from law enforcement -- I hope LE does some sort of update for the anniversary, but won't be surprised if they don't -- can you say C-O-L-D C-A-S-E :-(((

I feel like LE knows who killed Faith, but does not have enough evidence - yet- to convict. And sorry, but Karena's (the roommate) actions that night and her 911 call are hinky. JMO. It's maddening that the killer(s) walk free. I can't even imagine how painful this must be to Faith's parents.

Same here, Boodles, tarheelslim. And time does not always work in LE's favor, as we've seen before... But maybe the perp will get in trouble for something else and this case will bust wide open...

The Chapel Hill PD and prosecutor's office have a pretty good track record, IMO. They are thorough, and they are not up to their necks in murder, rape, or other capital cases. They may just need one little break or one person who likes to run his or her mouth.

Frustrating for one & all.

Same here, Boodles, tarheelslim. And time does not always work in LE's favor, as we've seen before... But maybe the perp will get in trouble for something else and this case will bust wide open...

The Chapel Hill PD and prosecutor's office have a pretty good track record, IMO. They are thorough, and they are not up to their necks in murder, rape, or other capital cases. They may just need one little break or one person who likes to run his or her mouth.

Frustrating for one & all.

I agree with everything you said about Chapel Hill PD. Faith lived just over the Durham line and although Chapel Hill PD assisted early on, Durham is leading this one. Unfortunately, justice hasn't been as easy to come by in the Bull City. Chapel Hill PD/Orange County prosecutor got justice for Eve Carson, while Durham failed to adequately investigate and prosecute the murder of Abhijit Mahato also by Alvin Lovette Jr. I hope Faith fares better... :(

Oh, Skigirl, you are so right. The sad thing about the Carson case vs. the Mahato case is that the Durham County LE has such a staggering caseload. (I followed every inch and minute both cases/trials). Yes, Orange County/Chapel Hill has less personnel than Durham/Durham County, but I am thinking there is more to it than that. And it is a shame that Durham County has the lead here. I'm just hoping the case doesn't stall and get stuck right where we are now...

I just saw an article that says that Chapel Hill investigators are working on the case. I'm glad to be wrong; I think Chapel Hill has more bandwidth and perhaps more incentive to solve this crime.

http://wncn.com/2015/09/04/chapel-hill-police-still-seek-help-in-uncs-hedgepeth-murder/

Well, that's good news. It is still officially a Durham Co. case as you said earlier, but it may be that CH LE has time to work on it right now & Durham doesn't. The trial will certainly be in Durham Co. since that's where the murder occurred. Whatever Orange County/C.Hill LE can do, let 'em, I say. :)

Bumping for Faith! Just a tiny bit of insight about BE- I seem to remember seeing on his instagram that his reply to Faiths text ("Whos this?) wasn't because he didn't have her number saved, but because the text message came through to his phone the afternoon following her death (around 4 PM and he had already heard of her passing), prompting him to think someone used her phone to ask him to console Karena, the roomie. He knew Faith couldn't have texted him...but it seems to have been a cell service issue, I don't think he received those text messages that early morning. Unless he said that because he's trying to throw someone off of his trail...

Bumping for Faith! Just a tiny bit of insight about BE- I seem to remember seeing on his instagram that his reply to Faiths text ("Whos this?) wasn't because he didn't have her number saved, but because the text message came through to his phone the afternoon following her death (around 4 PM and he had already heard of her passing), prompting him to think someone used her phone to ask him to console Karena, the roomie. He knew Faith couldn't have texted him...but it seems to have been a cell service issue, I don't think he received those text messages that early morning. Unless he said that because he's trying to throw someone off of his trail...

Great first post -- Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon::welcome4::welcome6:

Just came here to post this too... Very intriguing. Poor Faith... We haven't forgotten you.

http://.blogspot.com/2015/12/911-call-faith-hedgepeth-murder-2012.html?m=1

It seems like whomever wrote that post had a copy of the 911 call, more than has been previously released, but the link was broken. Did anyone have a chance to listen to it?

It seems like whomever wrote that post had a copy of the 911 call, more than has been previously released, but the link was broken. Did anyone have a chance to listen to it?

Nope. It got taken down before I could listen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay