NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I see out here is about 118 pgs. of the original of over 230 pgs. and the autopsy is not among them.
You have the autopsy report.

My questions if you have time to check the report::

Are the wounds equally distributed on each side of the body?
Does the report state whether there was sexual activity?
What is the location of the semen found on the body?

How do they describe the bruising on the arms and legs?

1. There was bruising on legs and abrasions on hands other than the blows to the head. Two black eyes. Abrasions on both knees.
2. What i have seen and read was semen was found around her body.
3. "No signs of struggle" was in a police report regarding the apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve always said the “autopsy” report that I was sent is bizarre in what it LEAVES OUT:

1) No estimated time of death
2) talks ONLY of the massive head trauma (as cause of death) — NO mention of any other wounds/bruising/injury to rest of body (despite what was reported in press — AND says there were “no obvious signs of a struggle.”
3) NO mention of sexual activity nor semen.

There is also a toxicology report reporting a small amount of alcohol in Faith’s system (interesting only because she was reported to have not drank alcohol at the Thrill, though certainly possibly she snuck a couple sips, or else had at the crime scene).

In short, it adds very little useful information; perhaps it’s been heavily redacted or there is a fuller autopsy never made available to the public???

I'm thinking there is a more detailed report. I looked into ME reports and all of them are more than 4 pages. Even ones that died of natural causes.

299 pages were released. I have only been able to find/view 118 pages. Where are the rest?!? I've been looking for 2 years!!!

Well thanks for checking..
It does sound pretty sparse.

On to another element of the case...the note

View attachment 108821

In looking at the note I see two things.
1) The words "stupid and *****" appear to be written in another hand.
Both words are larger, the script is slightly different, the pressure is heavier and there is a slight backhand element to the words.
The "s" is different in "stupid" and "jealous" as well.
Whereas the other words "I'm not jealous" lean to the right and are relatively uniform in size and angle.

Could there have been two perps?
Possibly.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

1. There was bruising on legs and abrasions on hands other than the blows to the head. Two black eyes. Abrasions on both knees.

Thank you Simplestar.. now as to the bruising on the legs. That seems unusual unless he were trying to violate her while kneeling between her legs. If that were the case the bruising would likely be on the inner thighs while he forced her legs apart. However, the fact that semen was found around her body and not on it seems strange. Almost as if he masturbated??? Or, he could have violated her on the floor and after ejaculating dragged her to the bed (abrading her knees?) and tossed her up there.

The struggle could have taken place on the bed since I recall reading the mattress was askew. I also recall a bloody rum bottle...could that have been a weapon? If so, it would indicate a disorganized killer who initially did not intend to commit murder and used whatever was handy as a weapon. I also recall reading that she was covered by a blanket or sheet when the roommate found her. This is usually indicative of remorse after the crime. These types of indicators usually mean that the perp is someone who is known to the victim rather than a stranger or serial killer..

Pardon my rambling...I tend to think out loud and write my thoughts down as I go.

I was also wondering, I don't know the "rules" regarding Miranda rights...could it be someone let some details slip during an interview but wasn't a suspect at the time. Those details may have not been as important at the time. Now it is important but since they weren't read miranda rights, since it was only an interview, it isn't admissible in court...which means they would have to find direct evidence to arrest the perp/perps...is this the case? IMOO

Well thanks for checking..
It does sound pretty sparse.

On to another element of the case...the note

View attachment 108821

In looking at the note I see two things.
1) The words "stupid and *****" appear to be written in another hand.
Both words are larger, the script is slightly different, the pressure is heavier and there is a slight backhand element to the words.
The "s" is different in "stupid" and "jealous" as well.
Whereas the other words "I'm not jealous" lean to the right and are relatively uniform in size and angle.

Could there have been two perps?
Possibly.

A thought that I had about the writing recently:

Could it have been Faith and a friend writing on the bag to each other while talking to someone on the phone or in the backseat of a car while talking to someone up front?

(In which case I would think the tone is the type of exaggerated harshness that young female friends sometimes use with each other - i.e. not serious)

But I also feel as if I've heard the police believe that the writing is connected to the perp? In which case they know something I don't which rules out Faith being one of the writers.

I was also wondering, I don't know the "rules" regarding Miranda rights...could it be someone let some details slip during an interview but wasn't a suspect at the time. Those details may have not been as important at the time. Now it is important but since they weren't read miranda rights, since it was only an interview, it isn't admissible in court...which means they would have to find direct evidence to arrest the perp/perps...is this the case? IMOO

If there was reason to suspect the person, they may place them in custody and the police would then read Miranda rights. However, if the person willingly communicates with police and was not officially in custody at the time Miranda rights are not necessary. So to your original point... if the details slipped while the person was not in custody it would still be admissible since the person freely gave information.

The next question I have about the bag with the note is how it came to be in her apartment.
Did Beth bring fast food home or did the perp bring food to share with Beth?

In either case it would be a simple task to trace the bag to the establishment it came from and with any luck the person who purchased it would be on video surveillance.

The next question I have about the bag with the note is how it came to be in her apartment.
Did Beth bring fast food home or did the perp bring food to share with Beth?

In either case it would be a simple task to trace the bag to the establishment it came from and with any luck the person who purchased it would be on video surveillance.

The bag came from TimeOut, a popular 24/7 buscuit restaurant, a two minute walk from Thrill. LE think someone stopped by TimeOut before going back to Faith and KR apartment. There was evidence of an uneaten biscuit. The only surveillance video that would have helped was the one at a tow yard nearby the wallace parking garage, garage is directly across from Thrill. Unfortunately police didn't ask for footage until a year later. The footage wasn't available anymore.

A thought that I had about the writing recently:

Could it have been Faith and a friend writing on the bag to each other while talking to someone on the phone or in the backseat of a car while talking to someone up front?

(In which case I would think the tone is the type of exaggerated harshness that young female friends sometimes use with each other - i.e. not serious)

But I also feel as if I've heard the police believe that the writing is connected to the perp? In which case they know something I don't which rules out Faith being one of the writers.

I thought the same thing!
Or mindless doodling...
The perp or perps could have found this and threw it near Faith's body to throw off LE.

KR tells 911 operator of all the things that are out of place in the bedroom where Faith was, she neglected to tell 911 of the "note" which was discovered next to Faith's body in the center of the bed.

Thank you Simplestar.. now as to the bruising on the legs. That seems unusual unless he were trying to violate her while kneeling between her legs. If that were the case the bruising would likely be on the inner thighs while he forced her legs apart. However, the fact that semen was found around her body and not on it seems strange. Almost as if he masturbated??? Or, he could have violated her on the floor and after ejaculating dragged her to the bed (abrading her knees?) and tossed her up there.

The struggle could have taken place on the bed since I recall reading the mattress was askew. I also recall a bloody rum bottle...could that have been a weapon? If so, it would indicate a disorganized killer who initially did not intend to commit murder and used whatever was handy as a weapon. I also recall reading that she was covered by a blanket or sheet when the roommate found her. This is usually indicative of remorse after the crime. These types of indicators usually mean that the perp is someone who is known to the victim rather than a stranger or serial killer..

Pardon my rambling...I tend to think out loud and write my thoughts down as I go.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
I drew the same conclusions.
There have been discrepancies in how her body was found...hanging off bed, covered not covered and etc... i do believe it was a disorganized killer. I think she definitely knew her killer. The killer I believe was the first time they killed. Fit of rage. Then covered her. Left so much at the scene. The note was the stupidest thing to leave...

Please please ask any questions
I have compiled years of research on this case. [emoji173]J4F [emoji173]

The bag came from TimeOut, a popular 24/7 buscuit restaurant, a two minute walk from Thrill. LE think someone stopped by TimeOut before going back to Faith and KR apartment. There was evidence of an uneaten biscuit. The only surveillance video that would have helped was the one at a tow yard nearby the wallace parking garage, garage is directly across from Thrill. Unfortunately police didn't ask for footage until a year later. The footage wasn't available anymore.

Thats unfortunate about the video but its a common occurrence that police sometimes make their own lives more difficult by poor investigative techniques. I realize its far too late, but what is the likelihood that there may have been a security camera inside Time Out, on buildings going toward her apartment or on the apartment building itself. I recall reading that all males within their circle had given DNA samples. So it becomes time to step a little out of the immediate circle. In other words friends of friends or male acquaintances who would be willing to participate in the crime but not necessarily known to the victim.

An example would be an ex-boyfriend of a friend that was removed for a long period of time from the relationship but may still have strong enough feelings that he would be willing to participate in the crime. This becomes relevant if the female friend believes that in some way Faith was responsible for the break up. Therefore, its possible that Faith may not have known her killer but the killer knew her through the friend. Its also possible that crime was not his forte and he was remorseful after the crime. Any thoughts on potential suspects?

Questions...

Are there any female acquaintances that accused her of causing difficulty with their boyfriend or in any way causing them harm?

Was the roommate given a polygraph?

Look for the motive...why did this crime happen?

Thats unfortunate about the video but its a common occurrence that police sometimes make their own lives more difficult by poor investigative techniques. I realize its far too late, but what is the likelihood that there may have been a security camera inside Time Out, on buildings going toward her apartment or on the apartment building itself. I recall reading that all males within their circle had given DNA samples. So it becomes time to step a little out of the immediate circle. In other words friends of friends or male acquaintances who would be willing to participate in the crime but not necessarily known to the victim.

An example would be an ex-boyfriend of a friend that was removed for a long period of time from the relationship but may still have strong enough feelings that he would be willing to participate in the crime. This becomes relevant if the female friend believes that in some way Faith was responsible for the break up. Therefore, its possible that Faith may not have known her killer but the killer knew her through the friend. Its also possible that crime was not his forte and he was remorseful after the crime. Any thoughts on potential suspects?

Questions...

Are there any female acquaintances that accused her of causing difficulty with their boyfriend or in any way causing them harm?

Was the roommate given a polygraph?

Look for the motive...why did this crime happen?

All is speculation. I have gone through countless social media feeds of people close to the case. A few females make remarks not towards Faith but you get the idea of their mentality. Almost all the feeds from September 2012 have been removed.

I don't know about the polygraph...even so they are inadmissible in court. I know she has been interviewed more than a few times.

Motive is definitely jealousy. Jealousy over a number of things.

LE has said the killer is one degree of separation ...yes, friend of friend.

I need to clarify on my findings of the condition of Faith's body. I haven't seen an autopsy report at all. Requested one from ME and wasn't successful in obtaining it.
Watching 20/20 with remote in hand, I painstakingly paused the program over and over when they displayed the autopsy pages. I then took pictures of each frame I captured. I took a few notes which I shared with you in my previous post.

The reason I asked about the polygraph is because the 911 call leads me to believe there is deception.

Also the transcript of the voice mail is troubling.

There are four voices on the voice mail and authorities believe they know who they are.
I will not name them here.

I will link an article about the voice mail and you can discern who the people are.
http://www.gaspowrites.com/2016_02_01_archive.html

Afterward you will begin to see why I asked the original question.

What we need is a copy of the autopsy diagram...which is created for all autopsies.
Here is a typical autopsy diagram.

aut.JPG

More strangeness

At about 12:30 both girls headed out to have some drinks and dance.
By 2 AM, Rosario allegedly told Faith that she had a stomach ache and felt sick from drinking too much, prompting the girls to leave Thrill at 2:06 according to video time stamp. The girls returned home around 2:30 AM.

Rather than lay down to calm her stomach ache and drinking sickness, Rosario is supposed to have tried contacting a male friend to go and spend the night by his house. He could not be reached so she contacted another male friend to stay by his place. At about 4:25 Rosario leaves with the boy headed back to his home.

At 11, Rosario in need of a ride home contacts a girl friend and returns with her to the apartment. Both enter the apartment and Rosario calls out Faith's name. Shortly thereafter they find her.

Any thoughts on this chain of events?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member