Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear this. My heart goes out to her family, most especially her sister. Imagine the last visual that you have of your sister is her screaming as she is being kidnapped, only to be raped and killed as well. I pray this poor darling is given heavy duty counseling- unfortunately, that image will be imprinted in her mind for the rest of her life. Prayers to her family, this just rots, that someone with such a history as this jerk was allowed to walk amongst society again to harm and kill such a beautiful and sweet girl.

I am glad they have him and perhaps her family can get some sense of closure. This is so awful.

So is the consensus that this was likely a crime of opportunity? He was walking around, up to no good probably, and came upon Hania and the vehicle?

So that other poster was right all along. Wonder why the police denied a person of interest was already in custody and how those rumors were all false. It was all true.

Not to judge a book by his cover, but the suspect just screams bad news.

Because LE didn’t have enough evidence to charge him.

And I believe when MM’s history comes out he is “hyper local”, meaning he has lived in the area from Elizabethrown Rd to Wiregrass Rd for most, or a great deal of his life, when he was not incarcerated. Walking or riding a bike in the area for decades. Maybe he or a relative stayed in the mobile park at one time - JMO that MM was out “hunting” that morning and he saw Hania. He pounced. I think it could have been any female in the area that morning. JMO.

And as some folks had said MM may confess to other murders in the Lumberton area to take the death penalty off the table. JMO, too.

The trial will most likely have to be moved due to publicity. They could move it where I grew up in N.C. I read my old hometown newspaper online daily. Hania’s murder was never reported in that paper.

Glad an arrest has been made.

JMO

Because LE didn’t have enough evidence to charge him.

Snipped.

Yes, this. The article from today announcing the arrest states that some evidence came in Dec 7....then, bam, he's arrested. They were waiting for something - my guess it was DNA from Hania herself. (That's a guess, not fact).

I had a feeling this case would be solved, and even though it was a tough case, LE did it. They did it! I send a big congrats and a big thanks to them.

Hania, you had admirable dreams for your life, and we all suffer a loss that your dreams were taken away. Rest in peace.

jmo

Hania could recognized him from the neighborhood is why she was taken. I think she was already inside the car and she started screaming so he took her. I think he just seen the SUV sitting there running waiting for him to take and Hania was in the way.
Did you not see he was charged with rape? I don't understand your insistence that he was only interested in the car, when everything suggests otherwise.

I am glad they have him and perhaps her family can get some sense of closure. This is so awful.

So is the consensus that this was likely a crime of opportunity? He was walking around, up to no good probably, and came upon Hania and the vehicle?

Yes imo. Another crime of opportunity for a sexual predator always on the hunt for their next victim.

I have read many articles over the years where locked up sexual predators were willing to talk to reporters about how they always looked for the next randomly targeted victim.

They targeted victims who were alone with no one around the victims. They said all of this is done very quickly without warning.

This is another heartbreaking example of how predators who were strangers to the victims are able to strike. Many of them strike right in broad daylight.

Perhaps they do it during the light of day because most have a false sense of security during daylight hours.

Well it does seem the reporter had it pegged right this time all along.

It's horrible to even think of Hania's final hours or minutes while kidnapped..raped and murdered by this bulked up monster. God bless her sweet soul.

Jmo

Sounds like they had him in custody for a while but didn't have enough evidence to charge him in this particular crime. I presume that means evidence came back such as DNA for them to be able to charge him.

I think you are correct jjenny. I imagine the DNA hit was his sperm and they know he had raped Hania.

So glad they got him so he can face justice for the wicked evil acts he inflicted on this totally innocent child.

So many minor children remain missing and the cases unsolved.

I think there are way more stranger predators who have done the same but remain uncaught.

Jmo

Last edited:
His FB Pics makes me PUKE.

I've never had such a physical reaction to a(n alleged) murderer's picture. It really makes me nauseous.

Let’s see how long he will be held before he’s back out stealing vehicles and killing more children.

I doubt it, she was 13. He's done, thank god, although I suspect he is responsible for more of the missing women as someone just stated.

We have the who, how, some of when and where but will we ever have the why? IMO, LE suspected this guy from the start but had no real evidence until Quantico results or ME results. There was never a sense of urgency from LE for the public to be aware of dangerous suspects. IMO, LE wanted to squelch rumors to preserve the investigation and subsequent arrest so a good philly lawyer doesnt help this escape his due punishment.

RIP little Hania and may your family now have closure.

Last edited:
Finally oh my gosh that poor baby girl my heart breaks for them . I am so glad they have death penalty there .I won't be surprised if he is charged with more but pray I'm wrong.

Isn't that what sites like websleuths are for?
If no-one speculated, what's the point?
Personally, I think the mods on websleuths do a great job keeping on top of such.

I'm only sharing what the FBI guy & the police chief said. You can take it up with them or other LE. There is no point to speculation by the public--it's done for the amusement of the persons doing it. LE works off of evidence, tips, leads. They said what they said on air and specifically said it was hurtful to the family & it hurt their (LE) efforts in the case.

I'm only sharing what the FBI guy & the police chief said. You can take it up with them or other LE. There is no point to speculation by the public--it's done for the amusement of the persons doing it. LE works off of evidence, tips, leads. They said what they said on air and specifically said it was hurtful to the family & it hurt their (LE) efforts in the case.

My apologies then.
I thought when you posted the following, it was your view and not just LE's.

No matter how many times investigators tell the public in cases that speculation and rumor doesn't assist them and only hurts their efforts, the behaviors persist nonetheless, as many think themselves experts who believe they are working these cases in secret partnership with LE.

34-year-old man charged with kidnap, rape, murder of Hania Aguilar
Posted 3:37 a.m. today
Updated 9:22 a.m. today
By Gilbert Baez, WRAL reporter
Lumberton, N.C. — A 34-year-old man already in police custody was charged early Saturday with the kidnapping, rape and murder of Hania Aguilar, whose abduction from her Lumberton front yard and disappearance riveted the state for three weeks until her body was found in a nearby pond.

Lumberton police charged Michel Ray McLellan with 10 felonies:

• first-degree murder,
  • first-degree forcible rape and statutory rape of a person 15 or younger,
  • first-degree sex offense and statutory sex offense with a person 15 or younger,
  • first-degree kidnapping,
  • larceny,
  • restraint,
  • abduction of a child and
  • concealment of a death.
-----------------------------------------------------
Man charged with kidnapping, rape and murder of Lumberton teen, Hania Aguilar :: WRAL.com
--------------------

Yesssssssssssss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members