Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found Deceased - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

From thread#2, page 1, post#13 - the video LE released of the walking man now confirmed by MSM as McLellen. It's probably also in the media thread. I know I wanted to watch it again.

This is such great news that he is apprehended! Will they announce the arrest at the funeral? Does anyone know anything about his tattoos other than the teardrops? It seems he has spent most of his adult life in jail & prison & on parole. Disorganized, and stupid.

34-year-old man charged with kidnap, rape, murder of Hania Aguilar
Posted 3:37 a.m. today
Updated 9:22 a.m. today
By Gilbert Baez, WRAL reporter
Lumberton, N.C. — A 34-year-old man already in police custody was charged early Saturday with the kidnapping, rape and murder of Hania Aguilar, whose abduction from her Lumberton front yard and disappearance riveted the state for three weeks until her body was found in a nearby pond.

Lumberton police charged Michel Ray McLellan with 10 felonies:

• first-degree murder,
  • first-degree forcible rape and statutory rape of a person 15 or younger,
  • first-degree sex offense and statutory sex offense with a person 15 or younger,
  • first-degree kidnapping,
  • larceny,
  • restraint,
  • abduction of a child and
  • concealment of a death.
-----------------------------------------------------
Man charged with kidnapping, rape and murder of Lumberton teen, Hania Aguilar :: WRAL.com
--------------------

Yesssssssssssss!

WOW. Thank Goodness!

So glad about this news. And Kudos to LE in this case. This is one of the best handled LE cases I have followed here in a very long time. LE has been amazing from the very start. They found the car quickly. They found her body quickly. And now there is an arrest relatively quickly.

Major Kudos to LE in this case.

I was pretty sure it was him too with what I dug up on him, but everyone said believe LE. I know better than to do this since they can only release certain information to the public.

I feel absolutely horrible for the reporter and the paper that first released the story. They may have not been the most reputable, but they got at least most of the story right. (I am not sure of the accuracy of the entire article)

I am just glad that they have him in custody and he will be held accountable. Death is too good for him. Make him live out his natural life behind bars.

I was pretty sure it was him too with what I dug up on him, but everyone said believe LE. I know better than to do this since they can only release certain information to the public.

I feel absolutely horrible for the reporter and the paper that first released the story. They may have not been the most reputable, but they got at least most of the story right. (I am not sure of the accuracy of the entire article)

I am just glad that they have him in custody and he will be held accountable. Death is too good for him. Make him live out his natural life behind bars.

That "reporter" is not a reporter at all but a gossip columnist who often publishes incorrect info based only on rumors or speculations. By putting out the info he did with no confirmation from LE he might have compromised the case had more MSM outlets run with the info and not printed retractions. Being "right" after the fact doesn't mean he was justified in spreading rumors based only on speculation. The fact is that LE had not charged MM with these crimes against Hania until now.

We don't know all the details of how LE got these charges but let's say they picked up MM for the other lessor charges and were trying to get him to talk and implicate himself for Hania's kidnapping and murder. He probably was a suspect but LE didn't want him to know that. If it comes out in the press that LE is looking at him for this crime then he might have clammed up. He might have lawyer-ed up earlier. As long as he doesn't think he is being looked at for taking Hania, he might have made the mistake of blabbing to his cell mate in jail. And I think it is very possible they were watching him closely and waiting on DNA evidence to tie him to the crime. But can you imagine how disastrous it could be if MM was tipped off that LE was looking at him for this while he was in jail and he got out on bond for his lessor charge? He could have fled.

A gossip writer who happened to be right this time in his speculation, gets no sympathy from me for fueling rumors and causing false alarms. JMO.

I'm also glad that LE got this monster. I hope they have an iron clad case to make sure he never sees another day of freedom. MOO.

Last edited:
Did you not see he was charged with rape? I don't understand your insistence that he was only interested in the car, when everything suggests otherwise.

I said that his intent was probably to steal the SUV that he seen sitting along his route with the motor running and Hania was there which lead to rape and murder.

I said that his intent was probably to steal the SUV that he seen sitting along his route with the motor running and Hania was there which lead to rape and murder.
Time will tell, but it sure seemed to me that the intent formed only when he saw the opportunity. He wasn’t there to steal a car, he wasn’t there to abduct - he was just there. And saw the opportunity to do both.

I've never had such a physical reaction to a(n alleged) murderer's picture. It really makes me nauseous.
Let’s see how long he will be held before he’s back out stealing vehicles and killing more children.

I doubt it, she was 13. He's done, thank god, although I suspect he is responsible for more of the missing women as someone just stated.

Nah...he’s going away forever. Look at all the charges. I don’t even support the DP but in his case, I’d say go for it, the sooner the better. SOB!

WOW. Thank Goodness!

So glad about this news. And Kudos to LE in this case. This is one of the best handled LE cases I have followed here in a very long time. LE has been amazing from the very start. They found the car quickly. They found her body quickly. And now there is an arrest relatively quickly.

Major Kudos to LE in this case.
I agree. Great job.

jmo

Here is his current record with NC Dept of Public Safety:

MICHAEL R MCLELLAN
Offender Number:
Inmate Status: ACTIVE
Probation/Parole/Post Release Status: ACTIVE
Race: BLACK
Ethnic Group: AFRICAN
Birth Date: 08/03/1984
Current Location: NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION

Incarceration Status: TEM.ABSENT Total Incarceration Term: 1 YEAR 8 MONTHS
Conviction Date: 02/08/2018 Projected Release Date: 06/06/2018
Primary Crime: FELONY B&E (PRINCIPAL) Primary Crime Type: FELON
Special Characteristics: POST REL/PAROLE VIOL Current Status: FELON
Admission Date: 02/21/2018 Admitting Location: CRAVEN CI
Control Status: REST.HOUS. ADMINISTRATIVE Next Control Review: 12/21/2018
Custody Classification: MEDIUM Next Custody Review: UNKNOWN
Number Of Infractions: 1 View Infractions Last Infraction Date: 03/22/2018
Current Location: NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION Previous Location: CENTRAL PRISON
Last Movement : NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION Last Movement Date: 12/07/2018
-------------------------------------------------
Complete State of NC record here:
NC DPS Offender Public Information

That "reporter" is not a reporter at all but a gossip columnist who often publishes incorrect info based only on rumors or speculations. By putting out the info he did with no confirmation from LE he might have compromised the case had more MSM outlets run with the info and not printed retractions. Being "right" after the fact doesn't mean he was justified in spreading rumors based only on speculation. The fact is that LE had not charged MM with these crimes against Hania until now.

We don't know all the details of how LE got these charges but let's say they picked up MM for the other lessor charges and were trying to get him to talk and implicate himself for Hania's kidnapping and murder. He probably was a suspect but LE didn't want him to know that. If it comes out in the press that LE is looking at him for this crime then he might have clammed up. He might have lawyer-ed up earlier. As long as he doesn't think he is being looked at for taking Hania, he might have made the mistake of blabbing to his cell mate in jail. And I think it is very possible they were watching him closely and waiting on DNA evidence to tie him to the crime. But can you imagine how disastrous it could be if MM was tipped of that LE was looking at him for this while he was in jail and he got out on bond for his lessor charge? He could have fled.

A gossip writer who happened to be right this time in his speculation, gets no sympathy from me for fueling rumors and causing false alarms. JMO.

I'm also glad that LE got this monster. I hope they have an iron clad case to make sure he never sees another day of freedom. MOO.
MM turned himself in!!! I wonder why. I think it was a lucky break for LE. Thank goodness he did.
He's obviously not too smart hiding her body so close to his home. Committing his crimes where security cameras are sure to be. I hope an attorney doesn't try to say he is not competent to stand trial. jmo

MM turned himself in!!! I wonder why. I think it was a lucky break for LE. Thank goodness he did.
He's obviously not too smart hiding her body so close to his home. Committing his crimes where security cameras are sure to be. I hope an attorney doesn't try to say he is not competent to stand trial. jmo

Where do you see that?

Here is his current record with NC Dept of Public Safety:

MICHAEL R MCLELLAN
Offender Number:
Inmate Status: ACTIVE
Probation/Parole/Post Release Status: ACTIVE
Race: BLACK
Ethnic Group: AFRICAN
Birth Date: 08/03/1984
Current Location: NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION

Incarceration Status: TEM.ABSENT Total Incarceration Term: 1 YEAR 8 MONTHS
Conviction Date: 02/08/2018 Projected Release Date: 06/06/2018
Primary Crime: FELONY B&E (PRINCIPAL) Primary Crime Type: FELON
Special Characteristics: POST REL/PAROLE VIOL Current Status: FELON
Admission Date: 02/21/2018 Admitting Location: CRAVEN CI
Control Status: REST.HOUS. ADMINISTRATIVE Next Control Review: 12/21/2018
Custody Classification: MEDIUM Next Custody Review: UNKNOWN
Number Of Infractions: 1 View Infractions Last Infraction Date: 03/22/2018
Current Location: NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION Previous Location: CENTRAL PRISON
Last Movement : NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION Last Movement Date: 12/07/2018
-------------------------------------------------
Complete State of NC record here:
NC DPS Offender Public Information
I was expecting someone younger (not that it matters what I was expecting!). I guess the fact he was walking made me think of a younger person. His FB says he's a gardener - I wonder if he was walking to a job that morning? Any word if he was employed?

I know someone who works with job-release programs as a gardener - he teaches ex-offenders the skills of gardening as it is a job they can get even if they are lacking a strong academic education.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member