Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Link was posted back on page 28 by sleuther OTPTarheel2018, reposting to quote:

MAN CHARGED WITH AGUILER’S RAPE MURDER | Robesonian

"... The Robesonian has been told that McLellan is the man depicted in a widely distributed surveillance video of a person walking..."

My question is how did they identify him? Those are the clothes he wore for the car theft/abduction and possibly also for the rape/murder. Do they have his clothes? Was it the cigarette butt he likely tossed in the gutter? Was it the cell phone he was using that pinged? Did someone finally call in that one tip?
My guess is that his DNA matched DNA collected when investigation Hania's case.

jmo

Gloria Rodriguez on Twitter
“Whoever took my daughter-he took my daughter’s life, not her happiness.” Celsa Hernandez, mother of #HaniaAguilar speaks in Spanish about her daughter. #ABC11

Dt6t1oIX4AMs2cr.jpg

My guess is that his DNA matched DNA collected when investigation Hania's case.

jmo
You're right, the SUV tattled on him by way of forensic evidence:
The break in the case came through forensic testing of evidence taken from the stolen SUV, which was recovered on Nov. 8. The Robesonian has been told that McLellan is the man depicted in a widely distributed surveillance video of a person walking near where Aguilar was kidnapped and shortly before that happened.

Dec. 8 (UPI) -- Law enforcement in North Carolina charged a 34-year-old man with first-degree murder for the death of a 13-year-old who went missing in early November.

In addition to the murder count, FBI and Lumberton Police Department charged Michael Ray McLellan with first-degree forcible rape, statutory rape of a person under 15 years of age or younger, first-degree sexual offense, statutory sex offense with a person 15 years or younger, first-degree kidnapping, felony larceny, felony restraint, abduction of child and concealment of a death.

Read more: Police make arrest in death of 13-year-old N.C. girl

FBI: Man charged in connection with murder of North Carolina teen Hania Aguilar

Fairmont police said that on Oct. 15, McLellan pointed a gun at a woman, tried to take her car, and demanded money. He left the scene without hurting the woman. Officials said he turned himself into police Nov. 13, eight days after Aguilar was kidnapped.

Agents announced early Saturday morning that Michael Ray McLellan, 34, was being held at the time of his arrest in law enforcement custody for another attempted kidnapping case.

McLellan is charged with a number of felonies, including first-degree murder, first-degree forcible rape and first-degree kidnapping.

Investigators received new test results Friday, which identified McLellan as the suspect in Aguilar's case.

Officials said McLellan will have his first court appearance at 9 a.m. Monday.
[bbm]

Evil walks among us with many faces...….
The color of their skin is irrelevant, it is the actions of their depraved minds, unfeeling souls, and black dead hearts that matter.

They are men, women, young, old, white, black, hispanic, asian, rich, poor...….and so on. We've seen their "faces/masks" right here within the thousands of victim threads on WS of the murdered, missing and unidentified. They each may be different in appearance on the outside, but they're all the same inside, EMPTY EVIL SHELLS.

I'm so, so sorry poor Hania crossed his path. She never stood a chance, and I can only hope now that justice comes swiftly and without mercy to this monster.

From earlier today:
Hania Aguilar's father: 'Rest in peace daughter, my gorgeous princess'
As many as 1,000 people are expected at today's funeral service for 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar, who was kidnapped and killed last month.

Mitch Colvin, whose Colvin Funeral Home is handling the arrangements, said he has received a lot of inquiries about the service, which starts at noon at Lumberton High School.

The noon service in the high school gymnasium will be bilingual, Colvin said. He said he wasn't sure who would speak at the ceremony.

Interesting to notice that the dates that MM approached the woman with a gun in October and the date MM took Hania were both Mondays. Could be coincidence, but maybe not.

Here's what I have as a timeline....if I'm missing anything or made a mistake, please correct.

Oct 15 (Monday): MM approached woman with gun, wearing dark clothing and mask, in attempted robbery of money and vehicle.

Nov 5 (Monday): Hania abducted with family vehicle.

Nov 7: LE release video of stolen SUV

Nov 8: SUV found
Nov 8: LE release video of male walking

Nov 12: LE said evidence found in vehicle will be sent to crime lab in Quantico

Nov 13: Turned himself in for Oct 15 incident

Nov 24: LE issue info about Hania's shoes

Nov 27: Body found. Later confirmed to be Hania

Dec 7: Results of forensic testing issued

Dec 8: MM arrested (already in custory for previous crime)

jmo

Last edited:
Link was posted back on page 28 by sleuther OTPTarheel2018, reposting to quote:

"... The Robesonian has been told that McLellan is the man depicted in a widely distributed surveillance video of a person walking..."

My question is how did they identify him? Those are the clothes he wore for the car theft/abduction and possibly also for the rape/murder. Do they have his clothes? Was it the cigarette butt he likely tossed in the gutter? Was it the cell phone he was using that pinged? Did someone finally call in that one tip?
Investigators received new test results Friday, which identified McLellan as the suspect in Aguilar's case.

FBI: Man charged in connection with murder of North Carolina teen Hania Aguilar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member