Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is how did they identify him? Those are the clothes he wore for the car theft/abduction and possibly also for the rape/murder. Do they have his clothes? Was it the cigarette butt he likely tossed in the gutter? Was it the cell phone he was using that pinged? Did someone finally call in that one tip?

My opinion is that MM likely told a fellow jail inmate that he was the perpetrator and that inmate ratted him out (as stated a couple of weeks ago by WS'er brian#####)

Hundreds attend emotional funeral for slain Lumberton teen Hania Aguilar
On Saturday, a crowd of 900 to 1,000 stood as Hania Aguilar's mother, Celsa Hernandez, spoke about her loss, as well as her gratitude to the community during this tragic time -- which has now spanned more than a month.

During the funeral at Lumberton Senior High School, many people wore purple, which was Aguilar's favorite color.

The funeral service program was titled "Remembering Hania: Honoring the Lessons that God is teaching us through her."

The program had photos of Agular playing the violin, her dog 'Pedro' and one of her smiling.

“We are not here to say ‘Goodbye’ to Hania. We are here to say ‘Until later'," one speaker said at the funeral.

Suspect accused of killing teen girl Hania Aguilar has tried to kill, injure others before: Police
Authorities confirmed Saturday that a North Carolina man has been charged with killing 13-year-old Hania Aguilar, and court records indicate that the suspect has a lengthy criminal record involving theft and violence. Court documents indicate that the suspect’s criminal history spans back almost 20 years.

Attempted Robbery, Kidnapping
On October 15, 2018, McLellan allegedly attacked a woman on Pittman Street in Fairmont, North Carolina. According to Fairmont Police Chief Jon Edwards, the suspect approached the unnamed woman while wearing dark clothing and pointed a gun at her.

Court records indicate the suspect was charged with second-degree kidnapping, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, and possession of a firearm by a felon.

Assault and Shooting
In 2005, McLellan was accused of shooting a woman three times on New Year’s Eve, according to The Robesonian. He snuck into the home of Teena Lewis, 21, where he held her at gunpoint, beat her, then shot her. After punching her numerous times, McClellan shot Lewis in the torso twice and the leg once, according to police.

In 2007, McLellan was convicted of first-degree burglary and assault with a deadly weapon “with intent to kill or seriously injure.” He spent nine years behind bars and was released in 2016.

Assault on a Child
According to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, McLellan was convicted of misdemeanor assault on a child in 2000. In 2004, he was convicted again of one misdemeanor account assaulting a child.

Breaking and Entering
In February 2018, McLellan was arrested and charged with breaking and entering and larceny of a motor vehicle. He was released in June 2018. Four months later, Hania was dead.

Suspect accused of killing teen girl Hania Aguilar has tried to kill, injure others before: Police
Authorities confirmed Saturday that a North Carolina man has been charged with killing 13-year-old Hania Aguilar, and court records indicate that the suspect has a lengthy criminal record involving theft and violence. Court documents indicate that the suspect’s criminal history spans back almost 20 years.

On October 15, 2018, McLellan allegedly attacked a woman on Pittman Street in Fairmont, North Carolina. According to Fairmont Police Chief Jon Edwards, the suspect approached the unnamed woman while wearing dark clothing and pointed a gun at her.

Court records indicate the suspect was charged with second-degree kidnapping, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, and possession of a firearm by a felon.

Assault and Shooting
In 2005, McLellan was accused of shooting a woman three times on New Year’s Eve, according to The Robesonian. He snuck into the home of Teena Lewis, 21, where he held her at gunpoint, beat her, then shot her. After punching her numerous times, McClellan shot Lewis in the torso twice and the leg once, according to police.

In 2007, McLellan was convicted of first-degree burglary and assault with a deadly weapon “with intent to kill or seriously injure.” He spent nine years behind bars and was released in 2016.

Assault on a Child
According to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, McLellan was convicted of misdemeanor assault on a child in 2000. In 2004, he was convicted again of one misdemeanor account assaulting a child.

Breaking and Entering
In February 2018, McLellan was arrested and charged with breaking and entering and larceny of a motor vehicle. He was released in June 2018. Four months later, Hania was dead.

This guy sounds like he should have been locked up a long time ago, with the key thrown away. Unfortunately, he was out and about and now a 13-year girl had to pay the price.

My opinion is that MM likely told a fellow jail inmate that he was the perpetrator and that inmate ratted him out (as stated a couple of weeks ago by WS'er brian#####)

Or someone called the tip line. That reward money will buy alot of Christmas.

And my earlier post about the perp keeping H sneakers for a trophy- if he didn't keep them, MM may have gifted them to some woman for her child...

JMO

Assault and Shooting

Assault on a Child

Breaking and Entering
How in the world, especially with at least a couple of these incidents, was he allowed to go free and walk the streets?

Or someone called the tip line. That reward money will buy alot of Christmas.

And my earlier post about the perp keeping H sneakers for a trophy- if he didn't keep them, MM may have gifted them to some woman for her child...

JMO

He probably stole them to sell them. According to reports they were nearly new, so he probably took them because he thought he could get a few dollars for them, or perhaps to give to someone he knew.

FBI and Lumberton Police arrest and charge a man in the kiddnapping, murder and rape of NC teen Hania Aguilar

Excellent article from Fox Carolina-

MM was "in front of magistrate in the Robeson County Detention Center early December 8...He will be in court Monday 9 am in Robeson County."

JMO

Finally got a chance today to check in and saw this news. Glad they caught him. So sad - it sounds like Hania was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kids shouldn't be afraid to step out their own front door.

MAN CHARGED WITH AGUILER’S RAPE MURDER | Robesonian

New article from the local paper-Robesonian.

23 search warrants and court orders...
And MM was the man in the video according to this article.

JMO

Thank you for posting that. I could not even look at his picture. I cried as I read through the article, I think it is just hitting me that she is gone. I was looking at photos of her too from the funeral & the one of her in that beautiful purple dress just had me bawling my eyes out. This was a LITTLE GIRL!!! She was only 13!! I know kids are quite a bit different nowadays from when I was 13. But, good LORD!! She was just a little girl!!! I have a 13 yr old god daughter and I just think of her every time I hear about one of these girls. It RIPS MY HEART out to even have to think that it really could be her!!! You NEVER know!!!

One thing that makes me pissy.... LE knows damn well that they read here! They also read on FB. Yes, there were several rumors running wild on this case (on FB) and LE was trying to calm things down. However, I DO believe they get quite a bit of help from theories that are thrown around here. Even if it’s just a smig of info and they run with it. I just hate how they ALWAYS make it sound like they cracked the case because of DNA evidence. *eye roll* we all understand about DNA but there is also research... plain & simple! The hours and hours of research that people have dedicated on WS is beyond infinity. Sometimes it’s what we do know and sometimes it’s what we don’t know on how we got to the answers we get to. But, we are always trying to get to the bottom of a case.... no matter how long it takes!! These cases don’t become cases anymore to us. They become our babies!

Just my thoughts & opinions ;)

I just hate how they ALWAYS make it sound like they cracked the case because of DNA evidence. *eye roll* we all understand about DNA but there is also research... plain & simple! The hours and hours of research that people have dedicated on WS is beyond infinity. Sometimes it’s what we do know and sometimes it’s what we don’t know on how we got to the answers we get to. But, we are always trying to get to the bottom of a case.... no matter how long it takes!! These cases don’t become cases anymore to us. They become our babies!

Just my thoughts & opinions ;)

Snipped by me.

DNA doesn't always crack the case, but it almost guarantees a conviction. I'm sure LE did more than just wait for DNA results on this case. They were working this case, piecing it together with videos, tips, witness statements, other evidence, etc. But, once they got the DNA match (imo), that's when they made the arrest - knowing they had enough to not only arrest but convict. My opinion only - I'm no LE expert. But from my point of view, this was one of the best-handled cases by LE.

I totally agree that these cases become important to us. Hania certainly was someone we WSers liked - her loss is a hard one.

jmo

Article updated:Arrest made in kidnapping and murder of 13-year-old Hania Aguilar

Since mid-November, McLellan had been housed at the Robeson County Detention Center. However, according to Fairmont Police Chief Jon Edwards, he was recently moved to the Central Prison in Raleigh due to misconduct.

I visited Central Prison on a seventh grade field trip many decades ago. We took a tour of the prison and got to go in the viewing area to see "Old Sparky", the electric chair. One of my classmates asked our prison "tour guide" how he got his job.
Our "guide" told us he was a trustee. We didn't know what the word meant, until our teacher explained.

It was a bad prison then. Probably much worse now. MM must have been really misbehaving to have been transferred to Central.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member