Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hundreds attend emotional funeral for slain Lumberton teen Hania Aguilar
Hania vigil.jpg
On Saturday, a crowd of 900 to 1,000 stood as Hania Aguilar's mother, Celsa Hernandez, spoke about her loss, as well as her gratitude to the community during this tragic time -- which has now spanned more than a month.

During the funeral at Lumberton Senior High School, many people wore purple, which was Aguilar's favorite color.

The funeral service program was titled "Remembering Hania: Honoring the Lessons that God is teaching us through her."

The program had photos of Agular playing the violin, her dog 'Pedro' and one of her smiling.

“We are not here to say ‘Goodbye’ to Hania. We are here to say ‘Until later'," one speaker said at the funeral.

More than 1,000 people gather to say goodbye to Hania Aguilar, 13-year-old NC girl who was kidnapped and killed

There were purple balloons, flowers and bows in the gym since purple was Hania's favorite color. The funeral service was held in English and Spanish with musical performances.

Some of her friends spoke on the podium, saying she is now in a place where "nobody can hurt you."

Hania's father, Noe, was denied a temporary visa to attend her funeral from Guatemala but a letter from him was read aloud. "Rest in peace, my princess," it said.

Hania's mother, Celsa Hernandez, cried over her little girl's casket and brought up her murderer. "Whoever took my daughter's life, he took my daughter's life, not her happiness," Hernandez said.

Marines placed Hania's casket on a horse-drawn carriage as she was taken to her final resting place at Meadowbrook Cemetery in Lumberton.

( :( )

My mind keeps going to her last moments. :(

We will go on with our lives—-her family, well how the hell do you ever get over that? You don’t.

Her mother, her father, her little sister...

Justice will be served finally and hopefully but nothing will ever bring Hania back or take away those last few moments. Not sure there really is such a thing as True Justice. Even if he were to suffer the maximum consequences whether it be death, incarceration, pain, it can never change what happened.

Last edited:
Man charged in slaying of abducted NC teen hours before her funeral
SaVon Maultsby, the middle school’s principal, recalled Hania’s loving smile.
“When I look at all the outpouring of love and support for Hania every day, I am reminded that her life’s journey is really about the people who she has touched,” she said.

Classmates remembered Hania’s perfect attendance in the fourth grade, and her interests in music, science and soccer. She dreamed of becoming an architect and liked to bakes cookies and pastries, they said.

“There aren’t any magic words that will heal the hurt that our school community feels,” Maultsby said.

Hania’s grandfather and a maternal aunt received temporary visas to attend the funeral, according to the attorney.

Aguilar said he last saw his daughter in 2005. He said they spoke on the phone and her mother talked to him about their daughter and sent photos. Salem said Aguilar had lived in United States and moved back to Guatemala when Hania was an infant.

Aguilar said he’s not sure what he will do Saturday at the time of the funeral.

“Maybe I’ll get lost somewhere,” he said. “I don’t know how I will deal with it. I’ll either stay home or take a long walk alone.”

More than 1,000 people gather to say goodbye to Hania Aguilar, 13-year-old NC girl who was kidnapped and killed

There were purple balloons, flowers and bows in the gym since purple was Hania's favorite color. The funeral service was held in English and Spanish with musical performances.

Some of her friends spoke on the podium, saying she is now in a place where "nobody can hurt you."

Hania's father, Noe, was denied a temporary visa to attend her funeral from Guatemala but a letter from him was read aloud. "Rest in peace, my princess," it said.

Hania's mother, Celsa Hernandez, cried over her little girl's casket and brought up her murderer. "Whoever took my daughter's life, he took my daughter's life, not her happiness," Hernandez said.

Marines placed Hania's casket on a horse-drawn carriage as she was taken to her final resting place at Meadowbrook Cemetery in Lumberton.

Marines and a horse drawn carriage, this is lovely. Her tribute and funeral sounds filled with love, honor, music and beauty.

Imagine how her classmates feel too. And her teachers. And every parent in that community.

This should NOT have happened! How old would he have been on his first crime mentioned above? Was it in 2000? 18 years ago? Need to go back, sorry...who knows what all this monster has done (we always say that when these monsters are arrested).

( :( )

My mind keeps going to her last moments. :(

We will go on with our lives—-her family, well how the hell do you ever get over that? You don’t.

Her little sister...

Justice will be served finally and hopefully but nothing will ever bring Hania back or take away those last few moments. Not sure there really is such a thing as True Justice.
Their lives are forever changed. :( We can only hope and pray that MM receives the harshest punishment available and the family is able to someday find peace. Justice? What is that? MOO

Last edited:
Marines and a horse drawn carriage, this is lovely. Her tribute and funeral sounds filled with love, honor, music and beauty.

Imagine how her classmates feel too. And her teachers. And every parent in that community.

This should NOT have happened! How old would he have been on his first crime mentioned above? Was it in 2000? 18 years ago? Need to go back, sorry...who knows what all this monster has done (we always say that when these monsters are arrested).
It was a beautiful and very moving service. Hania was so very loved.

MM is 34 years old and would have been approx 16 (depending on the date of the 2000 crime and his birthday). Crime Online laid it out nicely in this article: Suspect accused of killing teen girl Hania Aguilar has tried to kill, injure others before: Police
MOO

Suspect accused of killing teen girl Hania Aguilar has tried to kill, injure others before: Police
Authorities confirmed Saturday that a North Carolina man has been charged with killing 13-year-old Hania Aguilar, and court records indicate that the suspect has a lengthy criminal record involving theft and violence. Court documents indicate that the suspect’s criminal history spans back almost 20 years.

Attempted Robbery, Kidnapping
On October 15, 2018, McLellan allegedly attacked a woman on Pittman Street in Fairmont, North Carolina. According to Fairmont Police Chief Jon Edwards, the suspect approached the unnamed woman while wearing dark clothing and pointed a gun at her.

Court records indicate the suspect was charged with second-degree kidnapping, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, and possession of a firearm by a felon.

Assault and Shooting
In 2005, McLellan was accused of shooting a woman three times on New Year’s Eve, according to The Robesonian. He snuck into the home of Teena Lewis, 21, where he held her at gunpoint, beat her, then shot her. After punching her numerous times, McClellan shot Lewis in the torso twice and the leg once, according to police.

In 2007, McLellan was convicted of first-degree burglary and assault with a deadly weapon “with intent to kill or seriously injure.” He spent nine years behind bars and was released in 2016.

Assault on a Child
According to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, McLellan was convicted of misdemeanor assault on a child in 2000. In 2004, he was convicted again of one misdemeanor account assaulting a child.

Breaking and Entering
In February 2018, McLellan was arrested and charged with breaking and entering and larceny of a motor vehicle. He was released in June 2018. Four months later, Hania was dead.

Here’s another thing about these prior incidents, and I’m learning about this as we speak that trying to possibly identify a suspect based on prior history can be useless for exactly this reason. What good is looking for someone with such charges as far as profile/MO goes when they’re not even in the system. Hope this makes sense.

Having major tech issues right now so having trouble posting and making it brief.

ETA: He was on parole. So does that make all these cases searchable or not?

—-

Attacked a woman in Fairmont.

Can’t help but wonder again about Sara Graham. What is the status of that??

Last edited:
Snipped by me.

DNA doesn't always crack the case, but it almost guarantees a conviction. I'm sure LE did more than just wait for DNA results on this case. They were working this case, piecing it together with videos, tips, witness statements, other evidence, etc. But, once they got the DNA match (imo), that's when they made the arrest - knowing they had enough to not only arrest but convict. My opinion only - I'm no LE expert. But from my point of view, this was one of the best-handled cases by LE.

I totally agree that these cases become important to us. Hania certainly was someone we WSers liked - her loss is a hard one.

jmo

Oh, I absolutely agree!
I was just letting out some frustration.

He had a gun in this earlier incident. He may have had one the morning he snatched Hania, that would explain how he overpowered her and was able to drive away.
bbm
Yes, absolutely, I'd say he had a gun when he kidnapped Hania. I would think he would carry it with him at all times. He wants to be, or is, a tough guy, IMO, and wants to be seen as one. SMH.
And the teardrops on his face can mean several things, as I found on google searches.
------------------------------
15 common tattoos criminals have and what they secretly mean
[...]
One of the most widely recognized prison tattoos, the teardrop's meaning varies geographically. In some places, the tattoo can mean a lengthy prison sentence, while in others it signifies that the wearer has committed murder.

If the teardrop is just an outline, it can symbolize an attempted murder. It can also mean that one of the inmate's friends was murdered and that they are seeking revenge.

The teardrop has been popularized recently by rappers and other celebrities, but still remains a staple in prisons. Those who are newbies behind bars with a teardrop tattoo will make a lot of enemies, fast.
---------------------------

15 common tattoos criminals have and what they secretly mean

Snipped by me.

DNA doesn't always crack the case, but it almost guarantees a conviction. I'm sure LE did more than just wait for DNA results on this case. They were working this case, piecing it together with videos, tips, witness statements, other evidence, etc. But, once they got the DNA match (imo), that's when they made the arrest - knowing they had enough to not only arrest but convict. My opinion only - I'm no LE expert. But from my point of view, this was one of the best-handled cases by LE.

I totally agree that these cases become important to us. Hania certainly was someone we WSers liked - her loss is a hard one.
jmo
bbm
Oh, yes, this was a very tuff one for so many of us here. And it will remain so, but having a suspect helps.
It was certainly handled and an arrest was made very soon, I agree, and thank goodness -- and many kudos and thanks to all LE and perhaps some local people who had film of the areas or other info that may well have helped LE zero-in on a suspect.

I was already thinking that it might never be solved, simply due to the cases of the three women found in one particular area of Lumberton, and then the disappearance of another woman who left her mother's home in L'ton and never returned. Also I despaired due to the amount of crime the local LE have on their agendas, and their probably having a tight budget.
But it appears that they have the right suspect. Maybe he will give up some info on other crimes in the area. We can hope.

Early on I suspected this guy and posted such. He regularly made headlines in this town and surrounding areas.... He at the time I posted was on parole yes, then he was picked up. This guy and his past offenses read to me that this was his next crime. He never served hardly any time. We need to ask the DA about this:
In 2007, McLellan was sentenced to between 10 and 12 years in prison on charges, filed by the Fairmont Police Department, of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and first-degree burglary. Charges of attempted second-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury were dismissed by the district attorney, records show.

I blame the courts, judges, lawyers and especially the DA. If this criminal was locked up as he should have been for crime committed, Hania would have been able to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. All of his crimes just hinted to me that he was my main suspect. Him and only him.

Man charged in slaying of abducted NC teen hours before her funeral
SaVon Maultsby, the middle school’s principal, recalled Hania’s loving smile.
“When I look at all the outpouring of love and support for Hania every day, I am reminded that her life’s journey is really about the people who she has touched,” she said.

Classmates remembered Hania’s perfect attendance in the fourth grade, and her interests in music, science and soccer. She dreamed of becoming an architect and liked to bakes cookies and pastries, they said.

“There aren’t any magic words that will heal the hurt that our school community feels,” Maultsby said.

Hania’s grandfather and a maternal aunt received temporary visas to attend the funeral, according to the attorney.

Aguilar said he last saw his daughter in 2005. He said they spoke on the phone and her mother talked to him about their daughter and sent photos. Salem said Aguilar had lived in United States and moved back to Guatemala when Hania was an infant.

Aguilar said he’s not sure what he will do Saturday at the time of the funeral.

“Maybe I’ll get lost somewhere,” he said. “I don’t know how I will deal with it. I’ll either stay home or take a long walk alone.”

From above:

“Classmates remembered Hania’s perfect attendance in the fourth grade, and her interests in music, science and soccer. She dreamed of becoming an architect and liked to bakes cookies and pastries, they said.“

What a bright young person.

—-

“Hania’s grandfather and a maternal aunt received temporary visas to attend the funeral, according to the attorney.”

They must be so devastated. To have to make such a trip...

I've never had such a physical reaction to a(n alleged) murderer's picture. It really makes me nauseous.

I doubt it, she was 13. He's done, thank god, although I suspect he is responsible for more of the missing women as someone just stated.
I agree and I dont think HA was his first victim..so sad this young girls life was taken by a monster..I seen he had 2 tear drops at his eye says it all...

Early on I suspected this guy and posted such. He regularly made headlines in this town and surrounding areas.... He at the time I posted was on parole yes, then he was picked up. This guy and his past offenses read to me that this was his next crime. He never served hardly any time. We need to ask the DA about this:
In 2007, McLellan was sentenced to between 10 and 12 years in prison on charges, filed by the Fairmont Police Department, of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and first-degree burglary. Charges of attempted second-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury were dismissed by the district attorney, records show.

I blame the courts, judges, lawyers and especially the DA. If this criminal was locked up as he should have been for crime committed, Hania would have been able to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. All of his crimes just hinted to me that he was my main suspect. Him and only him.
perhaps the DA went with charges that could get a conviction?

I visited Central Prison on a seventh grade field trip many decades ago. We took a tour of the prison and got to go in the viewing area to see "Old Sparky", the electric chair. One of my classmates asked our prison "tour guide" how he got his job.
Our "guide" told us he was a trustee. We didn't know what the word meant, until our teacher explained.

It was a bad prison then. Probably much worse now. MM must have been really misbehaving to have been transferred to Central.

JMO
<mod fix broken quote>

I drove right by it YESTERDAY. Little did I know what was about to unfold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can you post his past offences and past locations. I remember another case where the suspect had a mole on his face where a young girl was abducted and later found under a house murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie