Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infuriating, isn't it? :mad: Have you (or anyone) seen whether or not his court appearance on Monday will be televised?
MOO
From the Lumberton PD/FBI Press Release
"Members of the media who attend the court appearance must seek permission from the Judge upon arrival regarding requests to have cameras in court."

Such a bittersweet moment, thank goodness there has been an arrest and this monster is off the streets.

To see “forcible rape”, etc is not a surprise at all, but still hurts the heart—Hania on her way to school one minute, the next minute raped and murdered. :(

I have no words except I’m so sorry Hania and this monster will never be able to hurt another child again.

One article quotes Fairmont LE saying <modsnip - name calling> MM was recently moved to Central Prison (Raleigh), DOC hard to decipher and not publishing his location and yet another article says <modsnip - name calling> MM was brought before state magistrate in Robeson County Detention Center early Saturday morning. Hope <modsnip - name calling>MM doesnt get the opportunity to escape <modsnip>.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know where and with whom did this guy stay with while in Lumberton. Where did he come from on the night of the abduction? Somebody knew something about a child's murder and said nothing.
Sound like someone did turn him in early on. He's been in jail (I believe) before her body was found so perhaps someone he knew did turn him in based on the surveillance tapes. I always wondered why he wouldn't have been found right after the surveillance tapes were released since it was likely that he was a local.

Last edited:
Dec. 8 (UPI) -- Law enforcement in North Carolina charged a 34-year-old man with first-degree murder for the death of a 13-year-old who went missing in early November.

In addition to the murder count, FBI and Lumberton Police Department charged Michael Ray McLellan with first-degree forcible rape, statutory rape of a person under 15 years of age or younger, first-degree sexual offense, statutory sex offense with a person 15 years or younger, first-degree kidnapping, felony larceny, felony restraint, abduction of child and concealment of a death.

Read more: Police make arrest in death of 13-year-old N.C. girl
He’s no man...he’s a monster.

Such a bittersweet moment, thank goodness there has been an arrest and this monster is off the streets.

To see “forcible rape”, etc is not a surprise at all, but still hurts the heart—Hania on her way to school one minute, the next minute raped and murdered. :(

I have no words except I’m so sorry Hania and this monster will never be able to hurt another child again.

I cannot even begin to imagine the terror that she felt. What started out as a normal day, getting ready for school, etc., and then it ends so tragically.

From the NC DPS Offender site
2004 Assault on Child
2005 AWDWWITKISI and Burglary 1st Degree
2017 Felony B&E and Larceny of Motor Vehicle

RELEASED on June 6, 2018 and 5 months later current charges from October and now Hania's.

“Larceny of a Motor Vehicle. ... Motor vehicle thefts are prosecuted under the general larceny statute, G.S. 14-72, meaning that such a theft is generally a misdemeanor when the vehicle is worth less than $1000, and is a felony when the vehicle is worth more than $1000”

Larceny of a Motor Vehicle

—that’s weird imo, that it’s a misdemeanor vs felony based on the value of a vehicle. Stealing a car is stealing a car, moo.

ETA / From the same article above:

“Update: a thoughtful reader pointed out that G.S. 20-106 also covers possession of a stolen vehicle, and it’s a felony regardless of value, meaning that a person who steals a car worth less than $1000 can virtually always be charged with a felony offense, even if not felony larceny.“

Makes me sick to think how painful her last time on earth was, being 13 and forcibly raped and then killed. He's a monster!

(Feeling so sick and sad here. Her poor family, poor Hania, this is always just the worst feeling of powerlessness...there is so much light, beauty and goodness in this world, but there is also this....I feel it in my heart and gut. I know you guys know what I mean...the fact that this type of “thing” exists, and will never go away...

:( )

Just wanna cry.

McLellan, at the time of Hania’s abduction, was staying at a residence off Alamac Road, which intersects with Quincey Drive, according to reports.
Man accused of killing Hania Aguilar was on parole at time of her death
That's the area where the SUV was found on November 8. There was much speculation that the killer lived nearby and it looks like he did.

Hopefully he'll be put away forever this time.

Argh! I'm having trouble posting. My post above was in response to The Night Watchman's post:
I want to know where and with whom did this guy stay with while in Lumberton. Where did he come from on the night of the abduction? Somebody knew something about a child's murder and said nothing.
Also want to add that it appears IMO that he raped and murdered Hania before November 8 when he ditched the SUV - probably shortly after abducting her. MOO.

“Larceny of a Motor Vehicle. ... Motor vehicle thefts are prosecuted under the general larceny statute, G.S. 14-72, meaning that such a theft is generally a misdemeanor when the vehicle is worth less than $1000, and is a felony when the vehicle is worth more than $1000”

Larceny of a Motor Vehicle

—that’s weird imo, that it’s a misdemeanor vs felony based on the value of a vehicle. Stealing a car is stealing a car, moo.

ETA / From the same article above:

“Update: a thoughtful reader pointed out that G.S. 20-106 also covers possession of a stolen vehicle, and it’s a felony regardless of value, meaning that a person who steals a car worth less than $1000 can virtually always be charged with a felony offense, even if not felony larceny.“
Is there any wonder why the crime rate in Lumberton is so high?!

In 2007, McLellan was sentenced to between 10 and 12 years in prison on charges, filed by the Fairmont Police Department, of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and first-degree burglary. Charges of attempted second-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury were dismissed by the district attorney, records show.

In 2000, he was convicted of misdemeanor assault on a child and sentenced to probation. He was convicted in 2005 of the same charge and placed on probation.

McLellan was charged by Fairmont police in October 2004 with attempted second-degree sex offense, but the charge was dismissed by the Robeson County district attorney in March 2005, records show.

The reasons for the dismissals were not given.

In 2007, McLellan was sentenced to between 10 and 12 years in prison on charges, filed by the Fairmont Police Department, of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and first-degree burglary. Charges of attempted second-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury were dismissed by the district attorney, records show.

In 2000, he was convicted of misdemeanor assault on a child and sentenced to probation. He was convicted in 2005 of the same charge and placed on probation.

McLellan was charged by Fairmont police in October 2004 with attempted second-degree sex offense, but the charge was dismissed by the Robeson County district attorney in March 2005, records show.

Disgusting. Unacceptable.

WTH.

(This is very angering and upsetting.)

Glad they have made an arrest... I wonder if the move to Central was more to keep him alive and in isolation? Lord you know he has to have a bright red target on his back now. Sadly this monster should not have even been able to walk the streets and because the system failed we are here. RIP beautiful Soul... Justice for Hania!

It is the same the world over. It seems to be very difficult to prove sexual assault unless the victim is dead, and even then sometimes she is blamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie