Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw, I own a yellow bandana. And a red, a pink, a couple of blues, and a gray one... They come in handy when you live and play in the woods, in the garden, etc. They are readily purchased at rural-type flea markets. The interesting thing to me about this being a yellow bandana is that BECAUSE it was bright yellow, it's the only thing they really noticed about the perp other than dark clothes. I noticed in the interview with the little sister, she said "we" didn't know what it was covering his face. She showed how it was tied, but she definitely said "we" didn't know what it was. I'm a bit confused by this because if it were a yellow bandana, I think the adults at least would have recognized it as a yellow bandana. But then again, poor little thing is only 8, and she may have misspoken about what the adults saw or knew. I feel so bad for her.

ETA: Lumberton High School colors seem to be maroon and gold. Yellow bandanas might be more available around there because of that. Just a random thought, as that is actually why I own my yellow bandana... it's a school color for me.

Last edited:
Do you recall the young lady around 13/14 that was kidnapped by a man who had been knocking on doors to houses that had ‘For Sale’ sign. The parents left town to go to another state for an overnight function, leaving the 16 year old in charge of 2 younger sisters.
The man knocked on and when enquiring about the sale of the house, the girls wouldn’t let him in as they thought he was creepy and being naive they said ‘you will have to come back when our parents return ‘. So he then knew that they were home alone. He lay in wait and the 16 yr old left in her car to go pick up pizzas, leaving the two younger girls at home. He took his chance and knocked again and this time he forced his way in and when the older sister returned she was faced with seeing her siblings under threat from him. He took the middle age of the three girls out through the garage and drove off in the sisters car so nobody ( neighbours) thought anything of it . He later dumped the car because it was traceable and made off on foot with the girl.
LE searched far and wide and got the public to do line searches in nearby fields and land because there was a huge amount of land to be covered. He made the girl get underwater with him in a dirty swampy river so that the dogs detected no scent. Once he thought the dogs and searchers had left, he took the girl and buried her under leaves etc and started to cross the land .
Unknown to him the search team returned ( I think at sundown ).
They found him and a local searcher found the girl, cold, hungry, caked in mud and scared, but alive. It went on ( if memory serves me right) for about 70 hours I think .

Other than psychological injury, she suffered no real other injury.

I can’t recall their name or when / where it happened BUT the reason for my rambling post is that this possibly could be what’s happened to this young lady. So let’s keep the hope and positivity alive x

Edit to add that from memory I think he tied up the eldest girl but the youngest hid in the closet so he was unaware of her prescense and she was able to get to the older sister and raise the alarm

Last edited:
I just googled yellow bandanas. They are in stock at Party City, which has a location in Fayetteville.
Also online at Walmart. And Claire’s. And Oriental Trading Company.
Many landscapers where I live wear bandanas- keeps dust and dirt and pollen out of your nose.
Lots of farms in the area as seen on the maps associated with this case.
Could have been given out at church event or VBS(Vacation Bible School) or summer school activity.

Do we know the “spirit” colors for the schools?

JMO

I just googled yellow bandanas. They are in stock at Party City, which has a location in Fayetteville.
Many landscapers where I live wear bandanas- keeps dust and dirt and pollen out of your nose.
Could have been given out at church event or VBS(Vacation Bible School) or summer school activity.

JMO
Jinx. The high school colors are maroon and gold.

I'm glad you're on the thread tonight ClaireNC. I've been wondering where the nearest high school is in comparison to the location where the SUV was found. Just curious, no firm theory.

tia

jmo
The high school is about 2 miles from her home, where she was abducted from. It’s on the corner of Fayetteville Ave and Linklaw.

The SUV was found In a rural area that is closer to the drug infested part of old downtown.

The high school is about 2 miles from her home, where she was abducted from. It’s on the corner of Fayetteville Ave and Linklaw.

The SUV was found In a rural area that is closer to the drug infested part of old downtown.
Thank you for this info. Kinda ruins my theory that he abducted her, abandoned the car, and then walked to school (arriving late, most likely). I was thinking that who else is walking around in the early morning other than high-schoolers going to school? Doesn't seem to be the case, though - the guy in the video seems older than high school, but still a young adult. And the abandoned car is in a place too far to walk to school?

Lots of progress yesterday - hope today brings Hania home.

jmo

JMO
We are recovering from Hurricane Florence. Many of the disaster relief centers that popped up after the storm gave out bandanas. Locally you can buy them real cheap at Big Lots, the dollar stores and at the flea markets. There may be a vendor at the Peddlers Mall across the street from the mobile home park. There is also a dollar store right there on the corner of Elizabethtown Rd and Linklaw.

They are pretty common around here with the farm workers and laborers. Great for working in the dust and grime and for wiping sweat out of your eyes. I have several.

ETA: they are cheap. Often sold at 2 or 3 for a $1 or $2.

Last edited:
I am hoping that there is some DNA in the abandoned vehicle.

He may have worn gloves but DNA can be found in sweat or if some nuclear DNA fell away from his clothes/jacket.

Even if DNA is found, unless this perpetrator's DNA is in the CODIS system, they wouldn't be able to get a match unless of course they find familiar DNA in another system (genealogy).

However, if a suspect is identified (maybe by a tip) then they could look for a match once they retrieved the suspect's DNA.

I know I am hoping too much but the authorities could get a break in the case soon.

Someone saw something and perhaps they haven't figured out yet that their tip is important.

May today be the day for the authorities to get the break they need for answers.

I am hoping that there is some DNA in the abandoned vehicle.

He may have worn gloves but DNA can be found in sweat or if some nuclear DNA fell away from his clothes/jacket.

Even if DNA is found, unless this perpetrator's DNA is in the CODIS system, they wouldn't be able to get a match unless of course they find familiar DNA in another system (genealogy).

However, if a suspect is identified (maybe by a tip) then they could look for a match once they retrieved the suspect's DNA.

I know I am hoping too much but the authorities could get a break in the case soon.

Someone saw something and perhaps they haven't figured out yet that their tip is important.

May today be the day for the authorities to get the break they need for answers.
Any DNA they find might not be a match in the system, but it will be used to convict him when they catch him. And I do think they will catch him.

I'm also counting on people to call in tips. So far, the community is responding. The SUV was found from a tip. Keep calling, Lumberton! I have to think that the momentum on the case will encourage anyone who is reluctant to call in a tip.

jmo

Day 5. A quick recap.....

1. A young teenage girl enjoys 'starting the car.'
2. It is a school day Monday morning.
3. It is an isolated cul-de-sac in a mobile home park.
4. There is a bordering wooded area leading to an FM road.
5. A Food Lion store opens at 7 AM behind the wooded area.
6. Family hears a scream, sees man abducting teen girl, stealing SUV vehicle.
7. Perpetrator is described as wearing dark clothes and yellow bandanna.
8. Search begins, Amber Alert issued.
9. SUV found Thursday, abandoned.
10. Location of SUV was previously occupied by a mobile home (2014).
11. Video released of man walking nearby prior to time of crime.
12. Recently escaped convict (Oct 2018) compared to walking man video.
13. Mother seen in news video pleading for her daughter's release.
14. Search continued during 4th night by helicopter & door-to-door.
15. Entering 5th day of missing teen girl.

(Edit step 9 from "short time later' to 'Thursday.')

Have LE said what they believe to be the earliest time that the SUV could have been dumped?

I'm curious where it was between Monday morning and the Thursday.

Any DNA they find might not be a match in the system, but it will be used to convict him when they catch him. And I do think they will catch him.

I'm also counting on people to call in tips. So far, the community is responding. The SUV was found from a tip. Keep calling, Lumberton! I have to think that the momentum on the case will encourage anyone who is reluctant to call in a tip.

jmo

Hi Inthedetails,

I absolutely agree.

Hoping and praying that one of these tips will lead to answers very soon.

Do you recall the young lady around 13/14 that was kidnapped by a man who had been knocking on doors to houses that had ‘For Sale’ sign. The parents left town to go to another state for an overnight function, leaving the 16 year old in charge of 2 younger sisters.
The man knocked on and when enquiring about the sale of the house, the girls wouldn’t let him in as they thought he was creepy and being naive they said ‘you will have to come back when our parents return ‘. So he then knew that they were home alone. He lay in wait and the 16 yr old left in her car to go pick up pizzas, leaving the two younger girls at home. He took his chance and knocked again and this time he forced his way in and when the older sister returned she was faced with seeing her siblings under threat from him. He took the middle age of the three girls out through the garage and drove off in the sisters car so nobody ( neighbours) thought anything of it . He later dumped the car because it was traceable and made off on foot with the girl.
LE searched far and wide and got the public to do line searches in nearby fields and land because there was a huge amount of land to be covered. He made the girl get underwater with him in a dirty swampy river so that the dogs detected no scent. Once he thought the dogs and searchers had left, he took the girl and buried her under leaves etc and started to cross the land .
Unknown to him the search team returned ( I think at sundown ).
They found him and a local searcher found the girl, cold, hungry, caked in mud and scared, but alive. It went on ( if memory serves me right) for about 70 hours I think .

Other than psychological injury, she suffered no real other injury.

I can’t recall their name or when / where it happened BUT the reason for my rambling post is that this possibly could be what’s happened to this young lady. So let’s keep the hope and positivity alive x

Edit to add that from memory I think he tied up the eldest girl but the youngest hid in the closet so he was unaware of her prescense and she was able to get to the older sister and raise the alarm

Do you recall approximately how old the perp was in that case?

Gloria Rodriguez on Twitter
Rev. Giovanni Romero, of the church #HaniaAguilar attends, tells me they’re expecting 400-500 people at tonight’s vigil to pray for her safe return. VIGIL: 7 pm, St. Andrew Catholic Church, 301 Mercer Avenue in Red Springs. #ABC11 #AMBERAlert

DAY 5 in the search for #HaniaAguilar, 13, who was kidnapped from Lumberton. I just talked to her family priest, Rev. Giovanni Romero, who says they’ll have a vigil to pray for her safe return tonight at 7p at St. Andrew Catholic Church, 301 Mercer Avenue, Red Springs. #ABC11

DrkMi0jWwAE4Doz.jpg

DrkMizIWsAIvvTR.jpg

Mother of kidnapped NC teen pleads for her safe return
The mother of a teen who was kidnapped in front of her home earlier this week said she is "suffering for her" and is pleading for the girl's safe return.

EH, the mother of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar, said she has faith her daughter is OK, and just wants to see her back at their home in Lumberton, North Carolina.

Investigators are also going "door-to-door" to talk to anyone who lives nearby, Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill said in Thursday's press conference.

"We urgently need the public's help," McNeill said. "We need them more now than ever to find Hania and bring her back."

Praying for new developments today. Imo it’s going to end up being a young punk transient who had knowledge of her daily schedule. Dumped vehicle as soon as media started showing it. Imo
It would interesting to know if the pedestrian was seen on OTHER mornings walking around, not just the morning of the crime.

And if he was a regular walker in that area, is he still?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members