GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading up on baseball bats.. looking for weights because I am having a hard time reconciling the base fracture with anything weighing less than considerable. I am still confused, I do not know the child's weight, height or competence
https://www.youthletic.com/articles/7-things-you-must-know-before-buying-a-youth-baseball-bat/
http://www.justbats.com/buying-guides/baseball-bats/youth/
It also states a child should be measured for a new bat
Would TM have had the childs' measurements?
Another thought I had was that the bat buying process would be more in the role of his father than his stepmother's father?
A 'thing' a father and son would do together.. a special occasion, the changing of the bats?

To Kitty & Mom2catieandtwins - I made an alteration to that post you have quoted, the date of the search of the locker was earlier than the search of the house. I have detailed the dates of the various warrants as an EDIT.

To Kitty & Mom2catieandtwins - I made an alteration to that post you have quoted, the date of the search of the locker was earlier than the search of the house. I have detailed the dates of the various warrants as an EDIT.
Thats brilliant work, thanks Frizby..
It also removes some confusion because I saw blank warrants and then I saw specific warrants and I was unsure why.

Thats brilliant work, thanks Frizby..
It also removes some confusion because I saw blank warrants and then I saw specific warrants and I was unsure why.

Might do a post listing all them in a bit. Would appreciate it if you could add my "edit" to you post where you have quoted mine, same for you Mom2, if that is ok, as it changes the context of my post.

I am reading up on baseball bats.. looking for weights because I am having a hard time reconciling the base fracture with anything weighing less than considerable. I am still confused, I do not know the child's weight, height or competence
https://www.youthletic.com/articles/7-things-you-must-know-before-buying-a-youth-baseball-bat/
Another thought I had was that the bat buying process would be more in the role of his father than his stepmother's father?
A 'thing' a father and son would do together.. a special occasion, the changing of the bats?

Every baseball bat I have held, swung, or bought for a child could be used in the manner that Jason was killed. Aluminum bats are solid and swung with great force no doubt can and did cause deadly injuries. Boys that love and play baseball usually have a dream bat. They can easily be purchased online or any sporting good store. Many have more than one bat. The "sleeve" which is pictured with Jacks clothes, I call a grip. Grips can be replaced if showing wear or to help a boy grip the bat better.

Something else to add about baseball and a baseball bat. The catcher is in full gear. Protected from head to toe. That is protect them from a swing of the bat. The catcher is the only position to wear gear. That is to protect them while the kid at bat swings.

To be fair I think an American born and raised stepgrandfather probably would know more about the best bat to buy than an Limerick born and raised father (now if it were a rugby ball that would be a different matter!).

However, the other odd thing is that Tom and Sharon changed plans and left for NC in a hurry. Would he have had time to stop and choose a bat as a gift for Jack? Would he have even thought about it under those circumstances. Of course, he may have bought it days before, but still.....

A golf club club is much lighter than a baseball bat. Many children do have Facebook. I believe it is for 14 and older. I could be wrong. I have friends with 10 year olds with Facebook accounts. Molly's post seem over the top, I find very little truth to her stories. I have seen people post look how happy the children were in pictures. Pictures do not always show a true glimpse into someone's life. I have pictures of smiling kids, some were taken with pure joy and some where smiles were faked. I posted a picture not to long ago. The majority in the picture were thrilled. One was faking a smile, he was in trouble at the time.

I believe her target audience was friends, the Corbett', really anyone that would believe she was the perfect caregiver and a victim.
Would US mothers know how to swing bats?

Search Warrants and date of execution

Deleted my post, please see post below from KateB, soz Kate & thanks, I had not seen that.

From the link KateB posted ....
Pages 1-9 Facebook, Inc Issued 9/03/2015 - FB accounts of jason.corbett.359, molly.martens.37, sharon.martens.16
Pages 10-16 Bank of America Issued 9/16/2015 - Accounts of JPC, JC, MMC, MPC, MC, MPM, MM
Pages 17-26 Dell Latitude E5440 Issued 9/03/2015 - (Seized 8/2?) Electric info transferred to Toshiba 2.0 TB storage device.
Pages 27-34 PNC Bank Issued 9/16/2015 - Accounts of JPC, JC, MMC, MPC, MC, MPM, MM
Pages 35-43 Google, Inc Issued 9/3/2015 - jasoncorbett6 @ gmail, mollymartens @ gmail
Pages 44-50 160 Panther Creek Ct Issued 12/4/2015 - (black sports equipment bag containing baseball bat, baseball equipment) only digital photos, photos seized.
Pages 51-60 AT&T Issued 8/18/2015 - 336-225-8600 JPC
Pages 61-70 AT&T Issued 8/18/2015 - 865-566-8083 MMC
Pages 71-80 Verizon Wireless Issued 8/18/2015 - 865-414-4824 SEM
Pages 81-90 Verizon Wireless Issued 8/18/2015 - 865-740-3445 TMM
Pages 91-98 Meadowlands Golf LLC Issued 8/18/2015 - Locker #17, men's locker room - no items seized.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?301121-NC-Jason-Corbett-murdered-2-Aug-2015-Media-Links-Documents-Only-No-Discussion&p=12370426#post12370426

I am a US mother. I played baseball with the boys as a kid. I play now with my boys in the yard. I can swing a bat.

Would US mothers know how to swing bats?

We were all young once Kitty, even I know how to swing a Hurley stick :) And even when I played when I was much younger, I caused some damage on others when I swung it.

I am a US mother. I played baseball with the boys as a kid. I play now with my boys in the yard. I can swing a bat.
Thanks for your patience with my complete ignorance ( i have seen a rugby ball Peregrino, but I would not watch it on tv, or GAA either, total loss)
Can as much velocity and impetus be used if the strike is made in a downward direction?What body muscles would be used to undertake this manoevre?

Thanks for your patience with my complete ignorance ( i have seen a rugby ball Peregrino, but I would not watch it on tv, or GAA either, total loss)
Can as much velocity and impetus be used if the strike is made in a downward direction?What body muscles would be used to undertake this manoevre?

Yes, In my opinion a baseball bat can be swung in many different ways to cause injury. When I play with my kids, at times my upper arms, upper back have become sore. When swinging properly you would also use your lower arms and wrist control is important. I am not an expert on baseball bats or baseball by any means. Just a mom of boys. If they were home, they would be able to answer your questions with more clarity and experience.

This might clarify things too. Grade school hitters (batters) can swing a bat anywhere for 30-60mph. That is of courses just a static, but might show how much force a baseball bat can carry.

I must admit I was baffled by your medical terminology which I suspect was intentional. I contacted a friend of mine that does have medical knowledge to go through it with me to see if your claims had any substance. Together we decided if you were taking the finger injuries and unexplained abrasions alone into consideration without any other autopsy facts or character analysis yo u may have a point
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/222365300326784712/ Here are different areas of the skull
The right frontal, bilateral parietal, left occipital, and left temporal scalp has confluent, pinkcontusion/ecchymosis. On the right side of the forehead is a 1 x 1", raised, purple ecchymosis withoverlying 7/8 x 3/4", irregular, superficial, red-brown abrasion and 3/4", linear, superficial, redabrasion. On the right temporal region is a 1 1/2 x 3/8", irregular, superficial, red abrasion. On theright parietal scalp is a 3 1/2 x 2 5/8" coarsely stellate, complex, branched, full-thickness, lacerationwith partial avulsion. The branches individually range from 1/2" to 2" in length. There is underminingaround the wound up to 1" in depth. The edges have abrasion and tissue bridging is evident. Skullfractures are visible in the depths of the wound. Inferior to this wound, on the right parietal-occipitalscalp, is a 1 1/4", linear, vertically oriented, partial-thickness laceration with tissue bridging andminimal undermining. On the right occipital scalp is a 1/4 x 3/16", irregular, superficial, red abrasion

On the left frontal hairline is a 1", curvilinear, superficial, red abrasion with a background of pinkcontusion. In the left frontal scalp is a 2", curvilinear, full-thickness laceration with two superficial,1/2", jagged extensions; it has undermining of up to 1" on its lateral side. Just lateral to this fullthickness laceration is a 1/2" jagged, partial-thickness laceration. On the left parietal scalp is a 6 1/2 x4" coarsely stellate, complex, branched, full-thickness laceration with partial avulsion. The branchesindividually range from 3/4" to 2" in length. Anteriorly, it has is undermining to a length of 2";posteriorly, there is undermining to a length of 1 7/8". The laceration has extensive tissue bridging. Onthe left temporal scalp is a 2 1/4", curvilinear, full-thickness laceration with slight marginal abrasionand with evident tissue bridging. It has inferior undermining to a depth of 3/4". On the left occipitalPage 2 of 8 F201507355 26 August 2015 17:55region is a 1 x 3/4", irregular, superficial, red abrasion.The inferior right orbit has a 2 x 1 1/2" area of raised, purple ecchymosis. Within, overlying the inferiororbital ridge, is a 1/2", curvilinear, superficial, laceration. Also, there is a 3/4 x 3/8", irregular,superficial, red-orange abrasion. The nasal bones are palpably fractured. No other facial fractures arepalpable. On the right side of the bridge of the nose is a 1/2 x 1/2", irregular, purple contusion, withinwhich is a 1/2 x 3/16", irregular, superficial, red abrasion. On the tip of the nose is a 5/8 x 3/8",irregular, purple contusion

Jason was hit with a weapon to the front side and back of the head. How can you explain the injuries to the front (which seem to the most extensive) if indeed Jason was strangling molly and wouldn't let go. He had abrasions which could also be from the paving stone/brick as it has an uneven rough surface or as you are trying to say were scratch marks, there is no evidence provided to say how these abrasions came about only that they were epidermal.

On the right upper gums is a 7/8 x 3/8", irregular, red and purple ecchymosis bruising to the mouth again consisted with a blow to the front of the face

On the right side of the chest are a few scattered, irregular, superficial, red abrasionsranging from 1/16" to 3/8" in greatest dimension; these may be in association with the previouslydescribed defibrillator pad. On the right lateral chest is a 3 x 1/2", roughly curvilinear, superficial, redbrown,abrasion. On the right lateral abdomen is a 2 1/2 x 1 1/2" irregular area of discontinuous, pinkecchymoses = bruising

the abrasions again mentioned scratches or uneven surface of landscaping stone?

On the superior aspect of the left shoulder is a 1 1/2 x 1/2", irregular, superficial, red-brown abrasion.On the mid upper back is a 1 1/2 x 3/8", irregular, superficially abraded, pink-purple contusion. Inferiorto it is a 1 3/8 x 1/2", irregular, superficial, pink abrasion. On the right upper back is a 1 1/4 x 3/16",linear, pink contusion.

These are only on the surface of the skin could they be post mortem to back up the self defence claims? To me if somebody was choking my daughter and I came from behind with a bat I most certainly would be hitting as hard as I could and do a lot more than superficial damage.

Now your bug bear the injuries to the hands specifically finger 2 and 3 of the left hand
: On the dorsum of the right hand is a 1/4 x 1/8", irregular, superficial, red abrasionwithin a 1/2 x 3/8", irregular, blue contusion. On the dorsum of the right 3rd finger are three irregular,superficial, red abrasions measuring 1/16", 1/8", and 1/8" in greatest dimensions. The right arm has nopalpable fractures.
These injuries are again superficial they are not as extensive as you made them out to me

: On the dorsum of the left forearm are a 1 1/4 x 1", irregular, pink contusion and a 1 x3/4", irregular, pink contusion. On the dorsum of the left hand and 2nd and 3rd fingers is a 5 x 2 1/2",irregular, raised, pink and purple ecchymosis. The left arm has no palpable fractures.
I disagree that defensive wounds are mostly on the palms . It is true if the victim is trying to grab a sharp object example a knife that there would be wounds to the palms but trying to grab a bat or landscaping stone wouldn't have they same effect as trying to grab for a knife . To me this doesn't sound as if the fingers were being pulled back. I would say they were repeatedly hit with an object again its my observation of the situation based on the evidence we have at hand as the autopsy doesn;t go into detail about their findings other than it is homicide
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d9/e8/65/d9e865a87659b315b2f1005c0d234ec6.jpg

: On the medial aspect of the right thigh are a 2 1/8", linear, superficial, red abrasionflanked by multiple punctate, superficial, red abrasions. On the right shin is a 1 x 1", irregular, poorlydefined, pink contusion. On the lateral aspect of the right knee is a 2 x 1", irregular, pink contusion. Onthe dorsum of the right 4th toe is a 1/4 x 3/16", irregular, superficial, red abrasion. The right leg has nopalpable fractures.LEFT LEG: On the anterior aspect of the proximal left thigh is a 4 x 3", irregular, pink-blue-purplecontusion, within which is a 4" linear, red component. The left leg has no palpable fractures.

The injuries here are consistent with being hit from the front . The shin the thighs the knee the dorsum of the toe all in the front. But he was being attacked from behind?
The calvarium hascomminuted, jagged fractures, most extensive on the right parietal region underlying the large,aforementioned laceration. However, fractures also extend through the left parietal bone. Thin, nondisplacedfractures extend through the occipital bones. Jagged fractures extend through the middlecranial fossae and sella turcica, creating a hinge fracture. Additionally, there are comminuted fracturesof each middle cranial fossa and of the cribriform plate.In each temporal region, the dura is peeled from the skull and there is a thin film of epiduralhemorrhage. Also, there is a thick film of diffuse subdural hemorrhage. Thick subarachnoidhemorrhage is on each lateral cerebral hemisphere and there is diffuse, thin basilar subarachnoidhemorrhage. The cerebellar hemispheres have patchy, irregular, focally thick subarachnoidhemorrhage.The ventral frontal lobes have patchy, irregular, contusions measuring up to 1/2" in greatest
Jagged fractures Im wondering if this is consistent with a landscaping brick being the weapon as it may have an uneven surface a piece may have broken off and become jagged ? Jagged is inconsistent with a bat

Im sorry all these abrasion,contusions,bruising,fractures they took time. Are you trying to say Jason never released his grip the whole time he was being beaten to death ? Are you trying to say Molly could have been strangled for that long without any markings hoarsness or any kind of physical evidence of this . Was Jasons blood and tissue found under her fingernails from these abrasions that are all over Jason body . I have never seen evidence there was . My conclusion is Jason was attacked from the front and the back. His injuries are consistent with this , I do not know why he didn't retaliate . Maybe thats the kind of man he was how do I know . I think its very sad that he is dead and his families loss and there are people out trying to ruin his reputation and have accused him of every thing from tax evasion being violent and killing his first wife .I do believe character will come into this case. Molly in my opinion has shown she is not afraid to say what she feels she isn't afraid to stand up for herself I just do not see her as a victim of dv her strength and character is too strong I don't know her personally so she may be different to my assessment I feel she may have been too involved in with kids lives and maybe Jack rebelled as he was getting older and that might explain the alleged incidents. I know we all want to stay involved in everything our children do but this is a natural progression unfortunately. I don't know how Tom heard the argument from the basement and Sharon didn't . If she did why not call 911 ? I don't know why a landscaping brick would be on a "nightstand" as ye say in America. I don't know why Tom would say the bat was new if it wasn't. I don't know why they would change their plans suddenly and not arrive till 8.30pm . So they decided not to leave till 3pm ? I don't know why there would be tradozone in Jason system when its not recommended with people for heart conditions. Did he know about them did he have medical checks at work? Why did Molly and Mike try to access his office? Why try gain custody the very next day? Why did Mike try to organise a funeral without any input from Jasons family? Why ring insurances compaines to find out about a policy ? Why withdraw large amounts of money from bank accounts? Lastly my biggest bug bear Why totally erase your husbands life and show absolutely no remorse for his death . Im sorry if there are spelling mistakes or repeat questions
firstly Stephen, I'm sorry you were baffled by my medical terminology, as far as I knew words such as phalanx ( finger joints), heamato and anterior are all commonly found anatomical vocabulary world wide, although your medical 'expert' seems to be confused with the term 'anterior' which can point to the front or side of a thigh but I'm not going to get drawn into pedantics. The finger injuries you claim are my 'bug bear' ( must be Irish term), I never claimed were 'extensive' as there were no fractures anywhere other than head and nose. What I did suggest is that they 'could' be consistent with a finger twist injury.
I don't know if you have ever sat through a pathologist giving autopsy evidence in court, in my experience having worked in pathology labs preparing reports for ME's is that they are asked by the prosecutor 1. What is the most 'probable' cause of this injury. Then the defence will produce a different scenario and will ask could their scenario be a 'possible' cause of this injury....now there is a gap between probable and possible....but that's all a defence needs is to introduce a possibility, no matter how remote, that another scenario could be conceivable. I agree there were both front and back injuries, I never denied that, I also never denied the possibility that MM inflicted some injuries ( my opinion is she inflicted the frontal ones and TM the rear injuries).....is it 'possible' frontal injuries were inflicted from a position of MM pinned down, kicks to the shin, abrasions, the front head injury ( paving stone) whilst TM caused injury with a bat from the back. Didn't realise nightstand was such an Americanism....must run that one past my wife. There are SO many pieces of key evidence not known that can give a fuller picture, blood splatter in the room, DNA under both victims and MM nails, fingerprint analysis of MM neck and of course of the bat. If it was an old one given last fall to the child then if it's anything like my grandsons it will be well scored and won't look new at all....plus have the boys finger prints on it. Plus TM should be able to show proof of purchase so if he lies about that it's a rather foolish lie that can easily be traced. Unfortunately for the victim and their family JC character will form a large part of this case; as my wife says 'don't speak ill of the dead as they can't defend themselves'....however in a criminal investigation the victims character is often pulled apart ( seen it often in rape cases) and whilst uncomfortable to watch if it's in the pursuit of the truth then it's necessary, even if that truth does not sit well with the memories people have of their loved one. I'm not going to comment one way about that man as I did not know the man so how would I know his temperament or behaviour, similar to MM. You seem to think she's able to defend herself and be vocal, I have not seen any references she has made about her husband or his family in any negative light, just all about the children. It's a matter of taste and decorum the social media route she took...not to my taste as I abhor this need to regurgitate our private lives on the Internet for the world to dissect and comment on ( same goes for the JC Facebook page) but that's the world we live in whereby what was once a private affair is now a free for all. The autopsy report being dispersed far and wide for even us to discuss here is a bit crass so I'm a hypocrite and I'm dissecting the corpse of this man too for my own curiosity. I have no personal connection to this individual and can create scenarios at will, but families who have emotional connection will find they very difficult. I met Nicole Simpsons mother many years ago through a fundraiser and she said it was the public 'raping' of her daughters life, character, the hoaring over the injuries on her body that got to her most, and that was in the days before social media!
So I understand the upset some of my suggestions have caused. But when the trial begins, my commentary will look like a kids fairy tale in comparison to what will be suggested in court. For now it's a very one sided picture that few people are questioning, when the defence flip it on its head and poke holes people are going to find that very upsetting. From what I know of their actions post JC death is that the sister was travelling over and alledgedky told the boy he was coming back to Ireland with them, that was when she started the custody hearing procedures. The Irish family filed to be executors of his estate the day after he was killed....they moved pretty fast on things too. There was a story people kept mentioning that SM phone Ireland and said MM pushed him down the stairs....that story has conveniently been withdrawn now. She withdrawing money I presume was for the retainer for her custody battle after contacting her lawyer, they won't lift a pen without a retainer....uncle accessing the office, were the kids passports not there? Didn't the Irish family first go to the same office the day they arrived? Was it to get the kids passports but she got them first? I don't know. Just guessing like you. As for her wiping out the existence of her husband, yes her FB page made it look like she was a sole parent, ( as a stay at home mom she realistically did the majority of the day to day, my wife did when I worked long hours)....this would irk his family, yet they totally dismissed her at the start with a brother claiming her years in Ireland 'were only as a nanny whose job was to drive the kids places and do light cleaning'.....we know she was much much more than that! Legally, any mention of her husband, positive or negative would have been used against her in the event of a trial. She would have been told this over and over, they had already searched her PC....so she wasn't going to make any reference to him at all.
So there's my reply, the world would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything

Would that be the Jill Meagher case? One of the issues there was identification - they did not want the suspect's photos and criminal background being circulated online between the arrest and the court case, as this could contaminate witness statements. Here we have Tom's 911 call being compared to the autopsy results. Eventually the jury will be comparing the same two items with the additional benefit of hearing from other witnesses, such as paramedics, the police who first viewed the crime scene, Sharon Martens, neighbors etc.
yes that's the lady's name. Thanks.

Isn't the target audience of any non-business Facebook page friends and family? I know mine is.

She has proven she doesn't care about the Corbett family. They have pleaded to her to remove the pictures of Jason's children. She has not. She is not their mother, guardian, and IMHO proving to not care about thier well being. Also if she were only posting for family and friends, why have a public Facebook. She is trying to gain sympathy for committing a horrible crime against the children's Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member