GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you in court today? The expert testimony seems to have baffled all of the reporters...I'm hoping the jury will have had better luck following it!
I was, but only for the last witness. I thought he was very well sloped and I felt he helped the State.

Carson also testified that out of 25 samples of hair taken from a concrete paving brick that prosecutors allege was also used to beat Jason Corbett, 12 hairs belonged to Jason Corbett. The others did not appear to match either Jason's wife Molly Martens or her father, Thomas Martens.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ire...nd-on-baseball-bat-800243.html

This just is baffling who's hair was it then. Why o why was sm not looked at imo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

The hair would be considered transfer hair. It might not belong to anyone that lived there.

No fingerprints were found on the 28-inch Louisville Slugger baseball bat used to hit Irish businessman Jason Corbett multiple times in the head in the early morning hours of Aug. 2, 2015, a forensic analyst with the N.C. State Crime Lab testified today at his murder trial.

​"Did you see her in the fetal position on the ground?" Holton asked Lt. Frank Young of the Davidson County Sheriff's Office. Young is the crime scene supervisor who oversaw the collection of evidence and took photographs of Molly and Thomas Martens. He specifically took pictures of Molly Martens at the request of an officer because Molly Martens had told investigators that she had been choked.
Young told Holton he did not see Molly Martens in the fetal position nor did he see any signs that she had vomited or suffered from nausea.
http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...ingerprints-found-on-baseball-bat-800243.html

Hi mom2 was that the DNA expert?

Yes. He tested the bat, paver, the red shirt, boxers, and a two piece pj set. DNA samples were collected from Jason, Molly, and TM. He tested different blood spots to verify if it were human blood, additional testing was then done. There were also two tissue matter spots found on Molly's pjs. All DNA tests matched with Jason's DNA sample. The defense to question him on why not every spot was tested. The defense spoke about blood found on TM's boxers that was not tested. The prosecution was then able to let Mr. Ivory explain. I thought he explain well and was a good witness.

Yes. He tested the bat, paver, the red shirt, boxers, and a two piece pj set. DNA samples were collected from Jason, Molly, and TM. He tested different blood spots to verify if it were human blood, additional testing was then done. There were also two tissue matter spots found on Molly's pjs. All DNA tests matched with Jason's DNA sample. The defense to question him on why not every spot was tested. The defense spoke about blood found on TM's boxers that was not tested. The prosecution was then able to let Mr. Ivory explain. I let he explain well and was a good witness.
Wow thanks, tissue matter on mm stands out and the fact that defence yet again are suggesting things perhaps weren't done properly. Seems like prosecution strong alright.

Yes. He tested the bat, paver, the red shirt, boxers, and a two piece pj set. DNA samples were collected from Jason, Molly, and TM. He tested different blood spots to verify if it were human blood, additional testing was then done. There were also two tissue matter spots found on Molly's pjs. All DNA tests matched with Jason's DNA sample. The defense to question him on why not every spot was tested. The defense spoke about blood found on TM's boxers that was not tested. The prosecution was then able to let Mr. Ivory explain. I let he explain well and was a good witness.
Thank you. How did the jurors look? Were they listening intently? Did they take any notes?

MM's attorney only had one question for Mr. Ivory. She asked about testing fingernail clippings. He did not test any fingernail clippings.

I assume it will be more difficult to lift prints from stone kitty?

The defense did get the expert for the prosecution to admit that it is harder to get prints off of items with ridges, like the handle of the baseball bat.

... There were also two tissue matter spots found on Molly's pjs. All DNA tests matched with Jason's DNA sample. The defense to question him on why not every spot was tested. ...
The Defense is seeking to put any kind of doubt, any question, in the minds of the jurors. That's all normal tactics. IMO the "tissue matter" on MM pajamas is very bad for the Defense. As the Prosecution says, why didn't they stop? IMO Why didn't they flee?

The defense did get the expert for the prosecution to admit that it is harder to get prints off of items with ridges, like the handle of the baseball bat.

But to use a bat effectively for such a massive strike would have required 2 hands on it at same time, or not?
I saw The Sun newspaper image.

Court may not be in session in Wednesday as judge needs to be somewhere else... see latest tweets Ben colsen...... Jason's 2 yr anniversary.

The Defense is seeking to put any kind of doubt, any question, in the minds of the jurors. That's all normal tactics. IMO the "tissue matter" on MM pajamas is very bad for the Defense. As the Prosecution says, why didn't they stop? IMO Why didn't they flee?
Why did they do any of it is the question?
Was there any elaboration on the type of tissue found on her?
could it be explained away as a result of alleged cpr practice?

Court may not be in session in Wednesday as judge needs to be somewhere else... see latest tweets Ben colsen...... Jason's 2 yr anniversary.

Wise move not bringing his tweets here, I believe.. Good thinking.

I think what's very important from today and Thursday is the state will prove that the crime scene was staged . The dents in the wall are of great importance, the vacuum cleaner being moved (I know I keep harping on about it sorry ��) paramedics stating Jasons torso felt cool and now we have a murder weapon with no prints. This is not tying in with a self defence story. The grey hairs not being further analysed is a moot point IMO . Tom already admitted to hitting Jason . They just have to prove he did so excessively.From opening statements prosecution lawyer Mr Martin stated they would prove Molly was successful in hitting Jason . So she's claiming she didn't strike him but she tried . Their stories DO NOT match the evidence. So their only hope now is to create reasonable doubt and what will kill me most of all ruin Jasons good name and reputation
In evidence on Thursday, the State focused on blood spatter that was found on a vacuum cleaner behind the door in the master bedroom where Mr Corbett’s naked and battered body was found.Crime scene investigator Lieutenant Frankie Young told jurors that, in his expert opinion, the vacuum cleaner had been moved.
http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/jason-corbett-crime-scene-trialhttp://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share
They say Martens struck Jason because Jason was choking and threatening to kill Molly. In statements to investigators, Molly Corbett said she tried to strike Jason Corbett with the paving stone but was unsuccessful
https://twitter.com/SpecNewsTriad
Fingerprint expert testified no latent prints found on bat state says was used to kill Jason Corbett.
Two paramedics who fought in vain to save the life of Irish businessman Jason Corbett (39) noted how cool his body appeared as they treated him at his luxury North Carolina home.

Davidson County emergency medical services officials, David Bent and Amanda Hackworth, made the determination as the blood-soaked body of the Limerick father-of-two was in the back of an ambulance outside his North Carolina home.
http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...arrived-at-his-home-trial-hears-35974184.html

Two head-shaped blood imprints on the wall of the bedroom were found to be at a relatively low level.
Furthermore, substantial quantities of blood were on the bedroom skirting board and on an electrical socket located around 30cm off the floor.The expert will also address a number of unexplained indentations on the plaster walls.These were of such significance they were specially circled on photographs of the scene taken by Lt Young.

A plastic switch plate, located just off the ground, was found to be blood-spattered and also to be cracked.
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.ind...-head-injuries-on-jason-corbett-35985282.html

As this image indicates, the fingertips don't tightly touch the bat when a person grips it. I can see how it would be hard to get prints. Also, if there were prints, then there might be a lot of them because a lot of people (kids, Jason, people in the store where it was purchased, etc. ) might have gripped the bat previously.

attachment.php

I agree that someone, esp. TM might have wiped the bat and made it harder to identify prints. But as someone noted, the probable motive for TM to wipe the bat would be to wipe MM's prints from the bat.

The wiping the bat clean of prints scenario presumes that MM was the primary assailant of Jason. It's possible, but I find that theory less likely. Given the extreme nature of Jason's injuries, it seems more likely that the main assailant was TM.

He had the size, the strength and the experience of a typical American male in wielding a bat. MM has probably never picked up a bat in her life. I believe she participated in the beating (maybe she started it with the paving brick), but I think only a man like TM could have inflicted the kind of extreme injuries that ultimately killed Jason.

In sum, the issue of a lack of fingerprints on the bat doesn't seem to be that important. The defense basically concedes that TM and MM killed Jason by beating him. The important issue is whether the defense can convince a jury that they did it in self defense. I don't think so, but there is along way to go in this trial.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics