GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was SM during the murder? Where is she today? Where will SM be tomorrow? Could she provide clarity as to what really happened? I am not the first to raise this question in or out of this forum. But the question is relevant is it not?

edmundburke377528.jpg
she probably could but it is highly unlikely she will!
I dont have the faintest idea, but I have a library of theories.
Its wild..
I dont know how its gonna go down.
I have not the faintest idea.
Its still a crashing sea of hope alternating with despair.
But, if I weren't so stupid from lack of sleep I would zoom up them there ethers and try havin' a good geek from that perspective.
See what it looks like beyond duality..
Thats all I know. Bless you for your fabulous energy, and thank you for all the pushing in the right direction you did, though you only appeared occasionally in the first 18 months, your visits meant a lot. Thank you sincerely.

I'm interested to hear about TM's demeanor during testimony. From the articles, his quotes sound a bit rehearsed, but I was not there. The jury I think is still left with questions about the paving stone. Forensics show several blows with the stone but TM offered nothing to explain its use and claims he doesn't remember it. This is where MM's lack of testimony could really hurt the self-defense claim.

she probably could but it is highly unlikely she will!
I dont have the faintest idea, but I have a library of theories.
Its wild..
I dont know how its gonna go down.
I have not the faintest idea.
Its still a crashing sea of hope alternating with despair.
But, if I weren't so stupid from lack of sleep I would zoom up them there ethers and try havin' a good geek from that perspective.
See what it looks like beyond duality..
Thats all I know. Bless you for your fabulous energy, and thank you for all the pushing in the right direction you did, though you only appeared occasionally in the first 18 months, your visits meant a lot. Thank you sincerely.

Totally agree want to thank everyone . It feels good to support an innocent family in need . I personally feel things don't look good for the Martens but if they happen to get acquitted I feel we have won . The children will never have to bear the burden and they are surrounded by people that love them and care for their emotional wellbeing . They never have to return to the Martens and never have to share their inner most personal thoughts to the public . Their lives are now private as it should be and for that I'm eternally grateful

Beautiful post, Steph.

And no matter how this trial ends, the Lynches and Corbetts return to a hometown that has just enveloped them in love, prayers and moral support.

Many names <modsnip> appeared every single day on J4J...even to just repeat the prayer... "Justice for Jason." Every day, without fail, neighbors and friends and... a few strangers...posted something there...resolute and steadfast to stand with this family.

It was a beautiful thing to observe. More moving than I can express.

I'm sure for the Corbett/Lynch family...it will remain an unforgettable testimony of love..something tangible and true, one light that always shone for them.. in all this darkness.

Blessings on all of you who were part of that. It is absolutely certain that the Corbett family will always be in loving hands at home.

As

Thank you, stephandoody, excellent points! Hopefully this is driven home to the jury in closing. #justiceforjason

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Did he say he did not see her using it?
If they were in same room why would he not have seen her use it?
Did he quickly flee from the room immediately? to wash?
But its possible she executed the entire attack herself, is it not?
And then called him?
how did she contact him?
Phone records would be useful.
If she used it he was either in the room, had left the room or it happened before he entered the room?
We dont have a timeframe.

I think the jury must find Martens' testimony as unconvincing as I do. He struck Jason numerous times until Jason got control of the bat and then Martens regained control? And the whole time Jason was hanging on to Molly while choking her? That is not believable. :rolleyes:

The only interesting thing about Martens' testimony is that it is the first time we are hearing someone try to outline a step-by-step scenario of the how the killing occurred. And it is not convincing.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ng-jason-corbett-with-metal-bat-36001205.html

...Mr Martens said he repeatedly struck Mr Corbett with the baseball bat but, at one point, Mr Corbett shoved him away and managed to grab the bat.

Mr Martens said he jumped back up off the floor and rushed Mr Corbett.
Somehow, he said he managed to regain control of the bat from the younger man...

When the prosecution presented their case, they avoided outlining a specific blow-by-blow account of the killing. I think they were hoping that Martens would take the stand and do so and that his account would not sound believable. Martens has done exactly what the prosecution was hoping for.

Martens was scared? A trained FBI agent used to kicking down doors in Miami, albeit years ago? Adrenalin would have been pumping and it was an armed man against an unarmed man. And if JC had MM in a chokehld and was dragging MM toward the bathroom, it would have been an armed man with 2 free hands against a man using one hand while the second hand/arm was choke holding. And we are to believe the man with one hand against the armed man using 2 hands gained control of the bat. FBI will need to step up their hand one on one combat training.

Hello all,

Can anyone outline the next steps?

When will the verdict be pronounced?

Under the circumstances TM performed well.

I have sympathy for TM. I think that he is also a victim. MM dragged him into this.

In fairness to TM i dont think this is the type of thing he ever expected to be involved in.

It is awful for SM and TM. Whether they get acquitted or not they will pay a price for their involvement both financially and in other ways.

Whatever you think of them at the end of the day they are an old couple facing an awful end to their days. Not exactly the kind of retirement TM expected.

My 2 cents.

Remember the size of that room...it's not big. And it had furniture in it. TM's description of this fight sounds like it took place in a gym. In the old real estate picture, not many options of where to place the bed. It must have been in the center.

Http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...Ct_Winston-Salem_NC_27107_M66309-62656#photo8

So how was TM thrown across the room? Didn't he hit furniture? Wouldn't that have caused him bruising, scrapes, something?

I'm trying to picture...the choreography.. of this "donnybrook" between three people in THAT bedroom. Not working for me. Not with two unbruised, uninjured.

I'm not sure how you can hit someone over and over and over...watching them slide bleeding udown a wall, nose broken...and still believe you need to hit them again because YOU are in danger.

I don't think TM can be rehumanized. It's chilling to think that our government gave him authority to use force on its citizens. The job requires control in adverse circumstances. Just like an airline pilot, he can't run down the aisle screaming OH OH OH...just because a scary problem develops with his daughter on Board.

The job requires emotional control.
I believe if TM had been pressed on why he continued the blows his answer would have been his FBI training kicked in...you don't stop until the threat is stopped. That is why in most police shootings, they shoot at least two shots. If a threat warrants pulling a weapon and shooting, they want to ensure the threat has been stopped. I am guessing maybe this is the reason the prosec didn't push TM on this. The prosec can reinforce their belief it was overkill when offering closing arguments

As all of us try to pinpoint a reason for what happened that dark and bloody night. Let’s try to understand what Jason might have been thinking that dark and bloody night and many, many days before. What was Jason thinking? Not sure, but could expect that Jason could not accept that what he saw was not real. Of course he couldn’t, he was human after all. Like most of us humans, those with a heart and soul, those who have empathy, he needed and wanted to believe that MM loved him for him. He, because he was a human with NO narcissistic tendencies, could not readily accept he was NOT just the meal ticket, NOT just the trips, NOT just the married status, NOT just an opportunity to hijack his children for monetary gain, NOT just the home, and for God’s sake he could NEVER begin to understand that he might just be only valuable for his life insurance. NOT who he was, he was a gentle giant who never saw what was coming, just an everyday person like me and you, who too often expect others to have the same morals and humanity. Mags loved him for him, so why wouldn’t MM? What he did not realize even until the time MM killed him was that MM did NOT love him. He was just means to an end. Please read everything you can about empathy and those who might not have the innate ability to experience empathy. It is a horrific reading, but could lead those so tortured by Jason’s death to finally learn that there are those among us that who do not share our idea of humanity. God bless Jason, he gave everything. There was nothing left to give.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/a-dark-and-bloody-night-35981083.html

I believe if TM had been pressed on why he continued the blows his answer would have been his FBI training kicked in...you don't stop until the threat is stopped. That is why in most police shootings, they shoot at least two shots. If a threat warrants pulling a weapon and shooting, they want to ensure the threat has been stopped. I am guessing maybe this is the reason the prosec didn't push TM on this. The prosec can reinforce their belief it was overkill when offering closing arguments

I don't believe there was a threat. Certainly there was no threat after he landed two or three blows to the head. If police shoot two shots and you are down, they are not allowed to empty their gun in the suspect until he's dead.

Remember Jason's head sliding down that wall....

I'm interested to hear about TM's demeanor during testimony. From the articles, his quotes sound a bit rehearsed, but I was not there. The jury I think is still left with questions about the paving stone. Forensics show several blows with the stone but TM offered nothing to explain its use and claims he doesn't remember it. This is where MM's lack of testimony could really hurt the self-defense claim.

As it should.

I apologize, this response was just an emotive response without a real response based on facts. The message and messenger is correct. Please forgive my emotive response, it is not worthy.

As it should.

I apologize, this response was just an emotive response without a real response based on facts. The message and messenger is correct. Please forgive my emotive response, it is not worthy.

Want to clarify. Felt I came on too strong. So felt the need to apologize. I pray that TM & MM can feel the same humane response. Until then, know that Jason is in a better place. TM and MM can only hope that they can get there.

Beautiful post, Steph.

And no matter how this trial ends, the Lynches and Corbetts return to a hometown that has just enveloped them in love, prayers and moral support.

Many names <modsnip> appeared every single day on J4J...even to just repeat the prayer... "Justice for Jason." Every day, without fail, neighbors and friends and... a few strangers...posted something there...resolute and steadfast to stand with this family.

It was a beautiful thing to observe. More moving than I can express.

I'm sure for the Corbett/Lynch family...it will remain an unforgettable testimony of love..something tangible and true, one light that always shone for them.. in all this darkness.

Blessings on all of you who were part of that. It is absolutely certain that the Corbett family will always be in loving hands at home.

As

<modsnip> I'm not very Web savy but am 100%in support of the Corbett family I pray every night that justiceforjason is served because his life mattered thanks to everybody on this forum for info and updates that has helped me to prosses this case thus far xx

Hello all,

Can anyone outline the next steps?

When will the verdict be pronounced?

Under the circumstances TM performed well.

I have sympathy for TM. I think that he is also a victim. MM dragged him into this.

In fairness to TM i dont think this is the type of thing he ever expected to be involved in.

It is awful for SM and TM. Whether they get acquitted or not they will pay a price for their involvement both financially and in other ways.

Whatever you think of them at the end of the day they are an old couple facing an awful end to their days. Not exactly the kind of retirement TM expected.

My 2 cents.

I can see where you are coming from I was brought up to respect my elders as was Jason Corbett but the lack of remorse, sympathy and empathy had made me very cross these emotions should have came from mm but if not they certainly should have came from tm/small but they didn't in reality he looked down on jasons family and friends as if they were the dirt on his boots that is not right where are their family morals do they not realise they reap what they sow? I now pray they jury will hear jasons voice and grant him justice

<modsnip>I'm not very Web savy but am 100%in support of the Corbett family I pray every night that justiceforjason is served because his life mattered thanks to everybody on this forum for info and updates that has helped me to prosses this case tyhus fyar xx

You are correct, Jason's life mattered. Justice will be served.

...RSBM...

I don't know, irishmartin, if I believe JC was drugged with the small trace amounts in his system. But then I am not knowledgeable about pharmaceuticals.
Trazadone is a fast acting sleep medicine. It should be taken right before bedtime because it has a hypnotic effect, causes drowsiness. Like any good sleep med, it induces sleep but it should not cause too much effect the next morning. Per Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trazodone#Pharmacokinetics

"Onset of action - 1 hour (time to peak concentration)
Biological half-life - 7 hours"

"Mania has been observed in association with trazodone treatment, including in patients with bipolar disorder, as well as in patients with previous diagnoses of major depression. Compared to the reversible MAOI antidepressant drug moclobemide, significantly more impairment of vigilance occurs with trazodone."

"Case reports have noted cardiac arrhythmias emerging in relation to trazodone treatment, both in patients with pre-existing mitral valve prolapse and in patients with negative personal and family histories of cardiac disease.
"

IMO It does not seem like a good choice by the nurse practitioner to prescribe this drug for MM with her history, and I highly doubt that JC, a young man already sent to a cardiologist, would take any drug not prescribed for him. I hope the prosecution brought up his known heart condition.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20170804/martens-jason-corbett-said-im-going-to-kill-her

"...He also said that he was instructed in "use of force" training.

Martens later said he had training with a baton, which he agreed could be used similarly to an aluminum bat. ..."

JMO but I think his LE/FBI background is going to backfire on him. What he describes as a donnybrook with this need for deadly force sounds a lot more like what a civilian father with no training might do, flailing about with a bat. I have never heard that any LE are trained to swing at the head - I believe that they are trained to swing the baton at the knee mostly to put the attacker down and then handcuff them. TM wants us to believe he cannot take a big man down? Please, LE does it all the time and they are taught many holds like twisting the wrist. If JC had MM in neck hold, the head is not a reasonable strike, but the knee or anywhere on the leg would be reasonable. It also strains credulity that he thought to take the bat with him based on sounds but did not feel alarmed enough to already dial 911 or have SM call. The complete failure to explain the bloody stone is a big problem and the jury handled it themselves wrapped in plastic and still stained with JC blood - I don't know what the defense plans to do about that without MM explaining her version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx