GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The validity of the will is determined by the place of residence at the time of death. That is usually where the bulk of the estate will be and where the estate will be probated.
Not sure of this but it appears logical if JC will is probated in NC where its valid the Irish courts would have no right to question the will going to probate his Irish assets rather than take the most consuming expensive route of Administration. All that would be required that Irish law being followed in the probate.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

YAWNN
[FONT=&quot]Alex Rose‏Verified account @AlexRoseNews [video=twitter;894665998611173377]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/894665998611173377[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replying to @AlexRoseNews @myfox8 and 2 others[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"There is no force in this universe more powerful than the instinct to protect our children." - Corbett's defense. #CorbettTrial
[/FONT]
YES THERE IS, the instinct of a sister to protect her murdered brothers orphaned children.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

not even finished

• Mallory Lane WXII‏ @MalloryLaneWXII [video=twitter;894667464600158209]https://twitter.com/MalloryLaneWXII/status/894667464600158209[/video]More

Thomas Martens defense to present closing arguments in the morning. Court will resume at 9:30 am Tuesday.

0 replies .0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

• Mallory Lane WXII‏ @MalloryLaneWXII [video=twitter;894667356051517445]https://twitter.com/MalloryLaneWXII/status/894667356051517445[/video]More

Molly Martens Corbett defense just wrapped closing arguments. Judge notes hour and dismisses jury for the day.

0 replies .1 retweet2 likes

Retweet

And that's precisely what JC was doing- not changing his will - protecting his children
Totally agree will also open the door for prosecution to tell the jurors she didn't know the will was changed

must check toob to see whether Freedman has any musical talent

Well I have to say the defense closing argument is a dud and not very convincing.

It has grasped on one single hair of unknown origin, can’t believe there was not a reasonable plea bargain by them prior to trial

How did they talk that long about finger nails and a Hoover oh and a hair #brokenrecord

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I think her attorneys also seem a bit condescending they are talking to adults not 5 year olds . If they are going to say something they are not going to be believed just because they say so . As a juror I would review what they said and realise they haven't backed up any of their wild claims

I think her attorneys also seem a bit condescending they are talking to adults not 5 year olds . If they are going to say something they are not going to be believed just because they say so . As a juror I would review what they said and realise they haven't backed up any of their wild claims
Freedman needs to be excellent tomorrow.. he's expensive, but is he good?
He is out of his league here, really..
Normal folk jury vs big hotshot lawyer

Freedman needs to be excellent tomorrow.. he's expensive, but is he good?
He is out of his league here, really..
Normal folk jury vs big hotshot lawyer

It is indeed a very big “Hail Mary” case, but from post here of his other trials there is no barriers to his advocacy. That’s why he is the best but where you have nothing to go on all you can do is create doubt. Doubt alone will not trump hard facts.

He represented a man that Mary is familiar with. He was the Da for for Durham county they lost and he was disbarred his clients are usually shady I believe the jurors may be familiar with him and know to take him with a pinch of salt you can see him at work here he's convincing but didn't win

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/1496167/

Or where the marriage took place?

It’s not my understanding, the will can be processed in any country even a non-domiciliary country. All that’s required is its valid and can be executed in any other country where it’s not valid from the valid country. All the other country must do is process the will as valid under their testate rules. Obviously tax implications are for the country themselves to enforce and domiciliary factors may well kick in as well in taxation.

my current opinion won't be popular but feel the defense played their hand. I think they knew all along they wouldn't introduce DV. I think the defense knows they in an environment of small town, tight friendly protective community. Their intent was to keep it basic "Older man hears noise, goes to protect small vulnerable daughter from a large husband that had been drinking" What juror couldn't at least accept contemplate idea of protective father protecting his little girl?
Now, in reality in my mind, it was overkill. I still am not sure in my mind if MM killed JC and TM enters with some quick problem solving.....or...if TM/MC planned a murder. I think I believe the latter but it facts aren't there to prove it. If I followed every letter of the law of judges jury instructions, I feel pretty confident I would be forced to vote NG. I am guessing a prediction of something like 9-3 vote of guilty resulting in a hung jury. But I could also see a small town tight community conviction.
I personally don't know of any autopsies in a potential murder case that they don't scrape beneath fingernails for evidence. Huge mistake. Defense closed strongly with seed of doubt of competent NC medical team/LE

I may have missed earlier posts on this but does anyone know why the lesser charge of voluntary manslaughter would have been added today for the jury to consider? Is it because the State is nervous it can't get one or either of them on second degree murder? Or is it that the Defence feels there is a chance that by giving the jury another option might mean they will go for the lesser charge for MM? Anyone know who proposed it?

Great post Dale,

I think the defence did a good job also, better than the prosecution at any rate.

In my head it would be hard to say that TM and MM were not acting in self defense "beyond reasonable doubt".

As you say you have a husband who was drinking - <modsnip> and who "gets angry for no reason". In addition to this you have the blonde hair in Jasons hand. These elements create doubts. In my mind anyway.

my current opinion won't be popular but feel the defense played their hand. I think they knew all along they wouldn't introduce DV. I think the defense knows they in an environment of small town, tight friendly protective community. Their intent was to keep it basic "Older man hears noise, goes to protect small vulnerable daughter from a large husband that had been drinking" What juror couldn't at least accept contemplate idea of protective father protecting his little girl?
Now, in reality in my mind, it was overkill. I still am not sure in my mind if MM killed JC and TM enters with some quick problem solving.....or...if TM/MC planned a murder. I think I believe the latter but it facts aren't there to prove it. If I followed every letter of the law of judges jury instructions, I feel pretty confident I would be forced to vote NG. I am guessing a prediction of something like 9-3 vole of guilty resulting in a hung jury. But I could also see a small town tight community conviction.

What about pressing the burglar alarm . Because they wanted him dead . Molly had also been drinking given her size I would say she would be more drunk than he ever was . they showed her choice of drink still up on the table Jason's beer nowhere to be seen .Asked for more testing on Molly but prosecution proved no injuries so therefore no testing required . Brought up Jason's size difference but again Molly or Tom have no injuries and Tom managed to get the bat . Defence say Molly had nothing to gain but I believe the prosecution showed Molly didn't know about the Irish will . She gets the children she gets everything or so she thinks anyway . They tried to work reasonable doubt that's all they have and that's a pretty average defence strategy nothing extraordinarily magnificent about it average at best . Tried to discredit the police investigation the paramedics and any experts . This is bad especially in a place the size of Davison county . While everyone may not know everyone there most would be familiar with the EMTs and Sheriff department members and know they are good people who have nothing in the world to gain from lying about Molly and Tom as a matter of fact they are outsiders and that's why they wanted the trial moved to a different county .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP