GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I try to type this message through tears can I just say thank you to all on here that help fill in the blanks and kept my spirits up when I was worried. I have followed many trials over the years but none have effected me emotionally as this one has. Don't know if it was the kids involved or that big lovely smile in all Jason's photos. I am so pleased about the verdict but it is also a reminder that no matter what happens we can't bring that lovely father back for his mom or to hug his kids. Rest In Peace Jason and may the kids have the strength of that wonderful family to help them through there growing up.

That phrase.... now the children will lose both parents... she still was convinced that she was their mother and intended to pursue them again as soon as she was acquitted... thank god her plans went awry! They are safe from her for 20 yrs.

Isn't that her and her lawyer's fault? I understand that by law you don't have to because you are innocent until proven guilty. But how can you complain that a jury didn't hear any, when you had every opportunity to present it? I smell an appeal based on Incompetent lawyers.

I'm sure she is talking about the dis-allowed, likely coerced statements from the children.

There was no defense it was any defense it was a lawyers nightmare with a grizzly mutilated body that they beat to death. Most lawyers would not let it to a trial hoping for leniency from the court for a guilty verdict. Or as they do in the US a plea bargain which we await to hear if there was one.

It extended prime time news in the Irish Broadcasting Service RTE.

Their TV and media appearances suggested extreme confidence in the case. That might have been a front. Who knows.

If her defence had evidence of abuse they would have presented it . They didn't because there was none Molly was the abuser . She has mental problems that weren't taken care of by her parents lets not talk about them they will go away type thing . Oh the shame on the family . They are every bit to blame as she is they enabled her and still do
No remorse from day one. Brazen in her attempts to destroy the Corbetts, nearing abuse, the pictures put up online of those kids. Tom marten gets on stand and we find this is where she has learned it.whole family is sick right down to the uncle. No abuse just lies. And we always knew she had a mental illness but no point pulling it out to save yourself last minute!

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Well that was a whirlwind of an afternoon! After two years of back and forth dissecting these people I will admit, I am blown away by what we have just witnessed.

Two families broken tonight, but at least the Corbett's can finally have peace knowing the world has heard the truth. Jack has been given a voice, and there can finally be some closure.

Do people think the Martens will appeal?

When is the earliest this could happen?

I have sympathy for SM & TM. I dont think they premeditated anything. I genuinely think Molly dragged them into it.What a way to end up at nearly 70.

They were both charged with 2nd degree murder - no premeditation involved with 2nd degree murder. 1st degree is premeditated murder and 2nd degree is murder with malice. It's hard to argue malice with the facts given.

3 things I'd really like to see:
--MM's taped police interview
--TM's too
(To see if/how much they differed from his testimony and her written statement)
--MM's psych report
But I probably never will. But glad that Jason and the rest of his family got justice.

Look back over the bits of poor little Jack Corbetts letters and then picture the person it was directed at Molly martens still after all that and Tracy's words and her dad. This miss stands up and tells jury children now will be left with no parents. I'd love to say sheisnt well but I think she is just evil and psychotic

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Well, I guess Molly and Tom will be off to the Big House. Have fun there. Was it worth it Molly?

RIP Jason.

Just watching the news and it annoys me every time they call her MMC. Would love it if the family could make her drop the C part.

[video=youtube;pcClRIdtZW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcClRIdtZW8[/video]

Have you all seen this video by the Irish Independent?

Well that was a whirlwind of an afternoon! After two years of back and forth dissecting these people I will admit, I am blown away by what we have just witnessed.

Two families broken tonight, but at least the Corbett's can finally have peace knowing the world has heard the truth. Jack has been given a voice, and there can finally be some closure.

The Martens family broke themselves. And I believe MM started it and the other two jumped in instead of calling the police. So I don't have much sympathy for them (although I don't wish cancer on anyone).

That evil woman. The audacity to rub salt in even now.

She still tries to imply she's a dv survivor, despite all that fat-shaming?

After hearing Jack's letter read out, she still tries to include herself as a parent to him?

That vile family consistantly tried to imply they were the real family to the children. While never applying the same family terms to the Corbetts/Lynches/Fitzgeralds. They have failed. Even if the verdict had gone the other way, they would've still failed. Instead, the cognitive dissonance they have for Molly, the excuses they've always allowed for her, have finally all caught up to them in the most horrifying way - even TM is a victim in a way, of the cog-dis they have for MM.

This guilty verdict, though unexpected, is the best outcome which could be got out of these tragic circumstances.

Molly is just another Jodi Arias - very sad that they both have ruined so many live

RIP Jason

Me either but Steward seems to be the only one that didn't jump the wagon and treat the Corbetts like dirt . Maybe he supported them quietly which he is quite entitled to do but they TRIED to destroy who Jason really was and who the Corbett's really are . That is unforgivable

She might finally get the help she actually needs.
Her parents have means. She is able-bodied to hold a job. She has had her whole life to seek treatment. I wonder how many times JC begged her to get some help and she wouldn't go. NOW she wants sympathy, NOW she thinks she needs help. Most prisons these days do offer counseling especially for long-term inmates. Admitting your crime and expressing remorse are a part of that counseling. She has to start by giving up her lies - I doubt she ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers