GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20170810/corbett-martens-attorneys-begin-appeal-process

Just saw this article...Holton says the appeal will take up to a year to get an opinion. That's a good break. I hope MM can learn to express some remorse. She needs to stop thinking of herself as the children's mother; learn to let go. IMO

Why are they appealing? Her lawyers agreed on the terms of the case, they participated in the proceedings and they engaged the jury jointly with the prosecution.
They were agreeable to the full terms of reference, contractually, and it all went down as it did. Whats the problem?

The case was proven to be second degree murder, in concert.
That was the only charge.

The evidence of that charge will remain unchanged forever. If they could have found a credible forensics expert to disagree with the findings, they would have done that.
No such person exists.
This morning the prosecution people stated it would take a mere 90 days.
What has changed in the interim?
And why are the same defence people being retained to appeal the same charge?

Molly probably cares about the children but I kind of feel that she thought of having the children in her life as her ticket.
as fashion accessories.
There exists not a single shred of evidence that she has ever put their welfare before her own. She wanted the orphans to testify in her defence.
She went ahead with that crazy abc programme.. see Logic Lady's most eloquent post earlier.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20170810/corbett-martens-attorneys-begin-appeal-process

Just saw this article...Holton says the appeal will take up to a year to get an opinion. That's a good break. I hope MM can learn to express some remorse. She needs to stop thinking of herself as the children's mother; learn to let go. IMO
She’s never going to feel any remorse about killing Jason. She’s a psychopath. She killed Jason and then intentionally inflicted more pain upon his relatives after his death.

Molly Martens, the US woman who murdered her husband Jason Corbett, sent his family the bill for the ambulance that came to his house the night she killed the father-of-two.
“When they went over originally, trying to see Jason, she got the body moved a couple of times as well, they couldn’t actually find the funeral home where Jason was for a few days until she eventually told them where he was,” Mr Corbett said.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/molly-martens-sent-corbett-family-ambulance-bill-after-jasons-murder-456827.html

She’s never going to feel any remorse about killing Jason. She’s a psychopath. She killed Jason and then intentionally inflicted more pain upon his relatives after his death.

Molly Martens, the US woman who murdered her husband Jason Corbett, sent his family the bill for the ambulance that came to his house the night she killed the father-of-two.
“When they went over originally, trying to see Jason, she got the body moved a couple of times as well, they couldn’t actually find the funeral home where Jason was for a few days until she eventually told them where he was,” Mr Corbett said.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/molly-martens-sent-corbett-family-ambulance-bill-after-jasons-murder-456827.html

Tha ambulance bill should have been sent to the Estate and whomever was the personal representative. My mother died in NC. She was transported from a hospital in Pinehurst to a hospice in Winston-Salem. It was a big bill and it was Paid last by the Estate before the final distribution. I thought is was odd that it came in so late, but it shouldn't be taken as a personal slight. I'm not aware of MM diagnosis, but I can see she doesn't have a firm grip on reality. IMO

Why are they appealing? Her lawyers agreed on the terms of the case, they participated in the proceedings and they engaged the jury jointly with the prosecution.
They were agreeable to the full terms of reference, contractually, and it all went down as it did. Whats the problem?

The case was proven to be second degree murder, in concert.
That was the only charge.

The evidence of that charge will remain unchanged forever. If they could have found a credible forensics expert to disagree with the findings, they would have done that.
No such person exists.
This morning the prosecution people stated it would take a mere 90 days.
What has changed in the interim?
And why are the same defence people being retained to appeal the same charge?

Thought I saw yesterday that they were,appealing on the two motions that didn't go in their favor. Rest easy kitty, I think they are in jail for a long time.

Tha ambulance bill should have been sent to the Estate and whomever was the personal representative. My mother died in NC. She was transported from a hospital in Pinehurst to a hospice in Winston-Salem. It was a big bill and it was Paid last by the Estate before the final distribution. I thought is was odd that it came in so late, but it shouldn't be taken as a personal slight. I'm not aware of MM diagnosis, but I can see she doesn't have a firm grip on reality. IMO

For days after his death, Molly refused to reveal to Jason's family the location of his remains. This wasn't a symptom of "poor reality orientation". This was a symptom of her evilness. Sending his family the ambulance bill after she murdered him, was very likely done with the same type of malicious depravity. She could have sent it to his attorney who was handling his estate, but she chose to send it to his family.

Do people think the Martens will appeal?

When is the earliest this could happen?

I have sympathy for SM & TM. I dont think they premeditated anything. I genuinely think Molly dragged them into it.What a way to end up at nearly 70.

The typical appeal takes at least a year to prepare. IMOO are no appellate issues. The M attorneys didn't present much of a case, but it was an adequate defense. M's had paid defense attorneys of their own choosing. The law only requires an adequate defense, not a perfect defense. I think we can surmise the defense was lacking because the defendant's story is simply not credible. And juries alone decide issues of credibility.

The defense motion about children's testimony is the only possible appellate angle. Even if the judge wrongly decided to disallow their testimony re: supposed prior acts of DV, the convicted defendants CHOSE not to introduce any history of DV in presenting their defense. That renders any error harmless.

IMO, the M's can talk appeals to make themselves feel better. The court isn't going to reverse this conviction. For all their big talk about DV, the emperor had no clothes. They are done.

Appeal on the judge denying change of venue? JC's murder was an incident receiving international attention. If anything, the limited local media was too quiet and deferential to the M's. The local press basically ignored it and provided short blurbs on the back page up until trial started. It's not like the trial was in Limerick.

I am concerned that Molly's thirst for publicity and her insistence that she is the victim will turn this case into another Jeffrey MacDonald/ Fatal Vision saga, which I think currently holds the records for most appeals, almost 50 years after the murder of his wife and children, and almost 40 years into his triple life sentence.
Like MacDonald and supporters, MM and TM glibly gloss over the forensic evidence to tell an emotive tale with lots of embellishing detail. MacDonald concocted a visual scene of candles, hippies and a floppy hat and traded on society's fear of murderous intruders after the Manson murders; Molly uses photos of happier times and trades on society's fear that DV victims cannot speak out. Supporters seize on the story without checking it against the facts.
The pain for the living victims continues because the murderers will not stay quietly in their cells - they keep arguing, drumming up support and flimsy scenarios, so the victims' families have to keep fighting.
With two killers and some ambiguity about who used which weapons there are a number of ways to slant this story in the future. I hope their supporters run out of steam so this does not drag on for years.

She WILL probably get some cult followers. Oddly, despite her attractive looks and claims of victimhood, public momentum has been overwhelmingly anti-MM/TM.

The real heroine here is TL. She and DL & family will shut down the MM saga part II. TL practically had a halo of light articulating her statement post-verdict on the courthouse step. Lynch/Corbett/Fitzpatrick fams have all been powerful self-advocates for truth and simple logic. Agree with others that fam epitomized grace and class in handling whatever they've been thrown in public. This family will always win the day. They're the ones with the best-selling story to inspire others and that's where the majority public interest will ultimately lie.

Between the appeal, the 20/20 show and now this slanderous go fund me page I see this morning, I feel ill. There seems to be no consequences of her actions again. Her Facebook page was active last night, she's now slandering about other abuse SHE WISHES she suffered imo and making money of the attack of a good man's name.

American sleuthers, give us some hope. Can she get away with all this slander ? Can she keep this up the next 20 years ? Is There anything we or anyone can do?

It's sick.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

How is she posting on FB from prison?

The martens sympathy PR machine is going to pick up after 20/20 episode shown. Sigh. So bogus, she had her chance at trial to tell the world about the "monster" JC. Basically she had all the time and resources in the world to show us the evidence. She presented ZERO, zed, zilch.

How is she posting on FB from prison?

The martens sympathy PR machine is going to pick up after 20/20 episode shown. Sigh. So bogus, she had her chance at trial to tell the world about the "monster" JC. Basically she had all the time and resources in the world to show us the evidence. She presented ZERO, zed, zilch.
Maybe family, maybe her, who knows. Jodi arias had a social media presence for some time.

I just think a sentence should be a sentence. We don't need to hear this level of slander from 2 convicted murderers. It should not be their right to have kid's pictures plastered everywhere like they are going to convince people unless they get out the kids can't be saved.

They are twisted, the whole lot imo

Between the appeal, the 20/20 show and now this slanderous go fund me page I see this morning, I feel ill. There seems to be no consequences of her actions again. Her Facebook page was active last night, she's now slandering about other abuse SHE WISHES she suffered imo and making money of the attack of a good man's name.

American sleuthers, give us some hope. Can she get away with all this slander ? Can she keep this up the next 20 years ? Is There anything we or anyone can do?

It's sick.

Jmo

It would be really helpful if her Facebook page was shut down.

Hello be true,

can you explain the gofund me? Who has set it up for what purpose and how can I find it.

many thanks.

It's sick.

Jmo

Hello be true,

can you explain the gofund me? Who has set it up for what purpose and how can I find it.

many thanks.
No sorry, I can't because I think it's extremely distasteful and an insult to JC memory.

I have to wonder what MM has over TM that he would try to take the rap for her and what happened to MM in her life to make her as mad as a meat axe. What other secrets are this family holding.

I have to wonder what MM has over TM that he would try to take the rap for her and what happened to MM in her life to make her as mad as a meat axe. What other secrets are this family holding.

I honestly think he was so sure if he took the blame and said he was defending her his FBI standing would make everybody believe him. Now it's too late to change his story.

I honestly think he was so sure if he took the blame and said he was defending her his FBI standing would make everybody believe him. Now it's too late to change his story.[l/QUOTE]

I didn't mean that TM himself my have been the perpetrator of any secrets that went on in that family, but that they tried to cover up anything, including murder to keep their image of the perfect family intact. It very obviously was not a perfect family. It does make you wonder what other secrets that they have covered up. I am not convinced that MM was born different. I think some experiences may have made her who she is. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67