GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post and I'm delighted they've been found guilty. I'm Irish and we collectively know what this spoiled monster had her doting, malevolent father did. She decided to orphan those poor children for her Narcissism. We all just pray they and his family heal from this premeditated savagery. 2nd degree though??? Mr Martens with his LE /Judicial connections still mean TRUE justice, yet again, has been thwarted by someone in a position of power over an Irish immigrant. I hope they rot - she especially.

Does anyone know of any connection to the lady that spoke today? The name was tweeted as Shannon Grub but I believe correct spelling is Grubb. Is this the lady that hosted Molly immediately after police arrived on scene? Also, is the same lady that was having drinks in Jason's driveway when the Martens arrived? It could have been the same lady that went out to eat with JC/MC two nights prior. Ms. Grub(s) made a very unusual statement today

Does anyone know of any connection to the lady that spoke today? The name was tweeted as Shannon Grub but I believe correct spelling is Grubb. Is this the lady that hosted Molly immediately after police arrived on scene? Also, is the same lady that was having drinks in Jason's driveway when the Martens arrived? It could have been the same lady that went out to eat with JC/MC two nights prior. Ms. Grub(s) made a very unusual statement today

No her daughter and Jasons daughter were friends and Molly taught their kids to swim . The neighbours that were actually friendly with both Jason and Molly no longer talk to Molly

This was the lady who testified that Molly may not get a fair trial prior to jury selection. She has known Molly since they moved to NC, her girls were very close to Sarah and her husband was a friend of Jason's. Not the same lady who had drinks with Molly on the drive. I agree the statement was ambiguous.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...is-jailed-for-at-least-20-years-36016527.html

"...His first wife, Margaret 'Mags' Fitzpatrick, had died of an asthma attack in 2006 when the children were both aged under two years.

...Defence lawyer Walter Holton insisted that Ms Martens Corbett had nothing to gain from Mr Corbett's death.

"She was not in the (2007) will. It was not about the children." ...
"

Mags passed away 2006.
JC will written in 2007 in Ireland.
MM went to be au pair in Ireland in 2008.
Marriage of JC and MM in 2011 in the USA.

JC and MM had not met when the will was written, so his wishes should be honored as expressed, or he would be deemed intestate and the estate law would apply - either way his estate will go to his children. MM is probably entitled to the accumulated assets ONLY of the 4 years of the marriage. JC paid his own cash for the house, cash he had before the marriage. By the time MM's defense lawyers are paid, she truly will be penniless. If she was recorded on the house and could get 50%, for example, the lawyers would put liens to get paid from sale proceeds. Either SM is going to squander her retirement money on appeals, or MM can hope for a pro bono lawyer or do-it-herself. I do believe that the only state-funded automatic appeals in all states are for death penalty cases, so neither TM nor MM has any automatic appeal, they will have to pay new lawyers.

Wouldn't the Slayer Rule mean that Molly inherits nothing at all?

[FONT=&quot]'MY BROTHER IS STILL GONE'[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][h=1]Jason Corbett’s brothers say the murder conviction of Molly Martens Corbett and Thomas Martens is ‘bittersweet’ as nothing will bring the Irishman back[/h]
[FONT=&quot]Twin brother Wayne Corbett said his entire family were delighted with the verdict but that there would be no celebrations as Jason was still gone from their lives [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Speaking from the family home in Janesboro , Limerick, Jason Corbett’s twin brother said the moment was “bittersweet” for the family.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“It’s been a long two years,” said Wayne Corbett.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We’re just delighted as a family that the whole ordeal is over and done with… [but] it’s not a celebration. Jason is still gone but finally people have been found guilty, and justly so, for murdering him.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It was a cold blooded murder, in my eyes,” he added.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wayne said the verdict was a “great relief” to his elderly parents, who could now grieve for Jason without having to worry about the court case.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Hopefully we can start to try to put this behind us and start to concentrate and grieve for Jason.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When we got in touch with the police they told us he was killed from blunt force trauma. It was ten hours after Jason was killed that we heard.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It was ten hours… As far as I know the police asked Molly Martens did she want them to contact us, and she said no, on a number of occasions,” he claimed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“She wouldn’t let them contact us, because she was next of kin at the time. She refused to let them contact us straight away.”

Evil cold and Barren IMO

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1377895/...weet-as-nothing-will-bring-the-irishman-back/[/FONT]

Wouldn't the Slayer Rule mean that Molly inherits nothing at all?
I'm not a lawyer and the laws are very complex. MM gets nothing of the $600,000 life insurance held in trust because of the Slayer Rule. But she was a partner in a marriage of 4 years, so she probably qualifies for 50% of accumulations during that time for her efforts, ie shopping, cooking, cleaning, child care, being a spouse. We have heard that JC complained about her excessive spending so there may have been no accumulations in that 4 years. The courts will have to sort it all out. I think the house has not been sold, and it is probably of lower value because there has been a bloody murder there that spooks buyers. In my state any known death in the home must be disclosed to a buyer. Anyway, the courts will have to sort out how it was titled - there are a variety of ways - to determine if MM has any share. MM cannot benefit from her crime, but my rambling is just that any penny she receives will be a penny she has already spent on lawyers.

MM can go do actual work in the prison laundry for a pittance to buy herself toothpaste and other essentials just like all the truly impoverished inmates do.

I really think it was very sound advice. MM is a loose cannon and the DA would have pushed every button showing her true demeanor to the jury. I think along with being bi-polar she may also be a narcissist with sociopath traits. They don't do well when they are being exposed for the wretched person they really are. Everything had to be her way or no way. I think for a long time she was extremely emotionally abusive to Jason and I also believe she was the main instigator/aggressor when he was murdered.

It didn't really matter if she testified or didn't testify in the end. The jury looked at the evidence entered that showed she had struck Jason several times with the brick paver that (cough cough) just conveniently happened to be handy in the bedroom the night she and TM murdered Jason.

I knew the jury wasn't going to fall for any of the defense because none of it lined up with the evidence.

I am sure the jury is wondering like many of us have wondered why in the heck wasn't this a first degree murder instead of M2. The DA presented so much evidence that pointed to this being premeditated. Imo, if they had gone for M1 on both of them that is what they would have been found guilty of today.

The self defense argument didn't hold water...........not even close.

When TM entered that bedroom that night and shut the bedroom door his motive was to hem Jason up so he would be trapped inside of his own bedroom unable to get away so that they both could cruelly murder him, and he had no chance to escape their evil and they both knew it. IMO

I am so glad the verdict was totally correct on both and came much swifter than even I expected. It is a bright day for justice.

Prayers for the Corbett family for all of their lives will never be the same.:(

IMO

Yes! Yes! YES!

Were the Martens even aware of the will before Tracey Lynch showed up with it? Not that it mattered to them, they already saw themselves as above the law and better than some mere Irish.

They probably thought to get rid of Jason before he divorced MM and left with the kids. Collect insurance. Keep kids cos they were already in the US. American court system would surely side with Americans, especially white Americans with connections to the FBI. Ignore JC's family in the hope they fade away - No Irish Need Apply.

Arrogance. It was their downfall.

I don't even care for SM's cancer diagnosis atm She still has the support network of her brother and her sons. In fact the only member of their family I have any sympathy for is MM's little pet dog, wherever it may be.

[video=twitter;895366616761937925]https://twitter.com/alexrosenews/status/895366616761937925[/video]

Has MMs original statement to the police been made available yet? Just curious what was in it.

This was the lady who testified that Molly may not get a fair trial prior to jury selection. She has known Molly since they moved to NC, her girls were very close to Sarah and her husband was a friend of Jason's. Not the same lady who had drinks with Molly on the drive. I agree the statement was ambiguous.

What did she say? Or do you have a link to an article? TIA

The young Tennessee woman also wailed uncontrollably as Jack Corbett (13), Jason's son, had a letter read out on his behalf by Assistant District Attorney Alan Martin in which he said she would always be remembered as "a murderer" and was not a part of the Corbett family.

He said her actions had deprived himself and his sister of "a kind, loving and adoring father" and left the children orphaned.
Before sentencing, Ms Martens Corbett delivered a barely coherent emotional outburst to the court.
"My father is not a murderer," she cried.Tracey Lynch, Jason's sister, revealed that just days after her younger brother's killing, adoption papers were sent to his elderly parents on Ms Martens Corbett's behalf.
After Jason's children, Jack and Sarah, were brought back to Ireland following a custody battle, the Martens family attempted to get an aircraft to fly over their Limerick school with a banner advertising how to contact Ms Martens Corbett.Jason's mother, Rita, urged the court to: "Give Molly Martens and Thomas Martens the same leniency they gave my son."

To illustrate the point, Mr Martin showed jurors the brick and the baseball bat used to kill Mr Corbett - and then showed them photographs of the Limerick father before the attack and after the attack.
"This is what they did to Jason," he said as he held up a post mortem photograph.
"This is what Jason did to them - nothing," Mr Martin said as he held up scene photographs which showed the father and daughter totally uninjured.
Mr Martin urged jurors to consider the crime scene and forensic evidence as well as the testimony of police officers and paramedics at the scene.
He said that the distinction between second degree murder and voluntary manslaughter turned on malice.
"You know what malice sounds like," he asked jurors?
"I want to divorce him - but I want his kids. He is beneath me and I am above him. He is not good enough for my daughter. I don't like him and his rowdy Irish friends who cuss too much and smoke outside my house. He is less than and I am greater than. I hate him. That's what malice sounds like."
"Murder, to cover up an assault by either one of these two people, is malice."
He also asked the jurors to consider whether they can infer Ms Martens Corbett may have obtained a prescription for the powerful sedative Trazedone just days before her husband's death in a bid to give it to him.
"Is is reasonable to infer that she tried but failed to dose him," he asked?

Assistant District Attorney Greg Brown claimed that, having brutally bludgeoned Mr Corbett, his wife and father-in-law then deliberately delayed ringing 911 to allow Mr Martens, a counter-intelligence operative, to come up with a story for what had happened.
Mr Brown said that, even when the 911 call was made, the duo then engaged in "fake" cardiac pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
They claimed they had performed 600 chest pumps on the blood-soaked body of the father-of-two - but no blood was found by paramedics or police on their hands.

Thank you annamolly I hadn't seen it

What did she say? Or do you have a link to an article? TIA

I'm sure it will be covered in some of the papers also, but this is the statement I was referring to -
[QUOTE[FONT=&quot]"This is not who she is." Molly's friend speaks highly of her involvement in school with kids. [/FONT]#CorbettTrial][/QUOTE]
[video=twitter;895323702094479361]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/895323702094479361[/video]

I really think it was very sound advice. MM is a loose cannon and the DA would have pushed every button showing her true demeanor to the jury. I think along with being bi-polar she may also be a narcissist with sociopath traits. They don't do well when they are being exposed for the wretched person they really are. Everything had to be her way or no way. I think for a long time she was extremely emotionally abusive to Jason and I also believe she was the main instigator/aggressor when he was murdered.

It didn't really matter if she testified or didn't testify in the end. The jury looked at the evidence entered that showed she had struck Jason several times with the brick paver that (cough cough) just conveniently happened to be handy in the bedroom the night she and TM murdered Jason.

I knew the jury wasn't going to fall for any of the defense because none of it lined up with the evidence.

I am sure the jury is wondering like many of us have wondered why in the heck wasn't this a first degree murder instead of M2. The DA presented so much evidence that pointed to this being premeditated. Imo, if they had gone for M1 on both of them that is what they would have been found guilty of today.

The self defense argument didn't hold water...........not even close.

When TM entered that bedroom that night and shut the bedroom door his motive was to hem Jason up so he would be trapped inside of his own bedroom unable to get away so that they both could cruelly murder him, and he had no chance to escape their evil and they both knew it. IMO

I am so glad the verdict was totally correct on both and came much swifter than even I expected. It is a bright day for justice.

Prayers for the Corbett family for all of their lives will never be the same.:(

IMO

I agree with you 100%.

For me it stopped being self-defence/defence of another when TM closed the bedroom door. If TM saw his daughter being strangled, and he was in fear of Jason why had he just made it more difficult for them both to escape. The door being closed was to stop someone from escaping. JC was trapped in a room with two relentless assailants.

The blood in the hallway suggests to me that he may have tried to get himself and his children out of the house that night. TM and MM were never going to allow that to happen.

What kind of people are these to pull a cancer diagnosis and a psychiatric report after a guilty verdict. It's so so wrong. In light of Jack's letter how can Anyone support the martens. Turn your cheek to a child ? Deny his words ?

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Don't think any of them have a conscience!

IMHO

[video]https://www.facebook.com/wxii12news/videos/1261776157300882/[/video]

Full interview with jury foreman is included here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads