NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was sexually attacked, would the offender bother to redress her and tuck her back under the covers so that it was not evident she had been assaulted in that way? Apparently, she wasn't left looking unusual or the sister would have noticed and not just assumed it was complications from the surgery when she made the initial call.

~~~snipped

How do we know she was dressed and tucked in the bed?
I heard from a local source she was found disrobed.
Such a state would not necessarily scream 'rape'.
Many people routinely sleep in the nude.

How do we know she was dressed and tucked in the bed?
I heard from a local source she was found disrobed.
Such a state would not necessarily scream 'rape'.
Many people routinely sleep in the nude.

If she was disrobed, then I guess they would consider if that is what she normally did. Even if you slept that when you are with your lover or in the privacy of your own bedroom, I find it odd for someone to do that when a visitor, staying with a relative and following surgery. Still, if an assault was not suspected until the doctor removed the bandages at the hospital, then we could presume that nothing about her attire was out of the ordinary.

Does the sourse reveal if she was still in the bed, on the floor in the bedroom or a master bathroom?

If she was disrobed, then I guess they would consider if that is what she normally did. Even if you slept that when you are with your lover or in the privacy of your own bedroom, I find it odd for someone to do that when a visitor, staying with a relative and following surgery. Still, if an assault was not suspected until the doctor removed the bandages at the hospital, then we could presume that nothing about her attire was out of the ordinary.

Does the sourse reveal if she was still in the bed, on the floor in the bedroom or a master bathroom?

On the bed.
Until we actually hear the 911 call, we really can do nothing more than speculate about what she did or did not say.

So far nothing was reported as taken, or missing. Could it be that LE purposely did not releae that info to the public? If so, then it could be part of their strategy in questioning any person of interest. If that person has knowledge of whatever item is missing, per the info in their answers, that will help LE narrow their focus of possible perps. Just a thought - nothing has been written or said in the media or otherwise to suggest anything like this. JMOO

If someone I knew was murdered, I would want the police to keep everything quiet to the public simply to not alert anyone to what they know to be fact or know to be false. Don't give the perp ANYTHING to fabricate a story about before they are actually talking to the police. And if they immediately made it obvious they felt the sister was guilty, any lawyer worth his salt is going to say lacking an eye witness or any SOLID DNA link - in that she wasn't stabbed so the killer didn't accidentally cut themselves as well and bleed at the scene - the police didn't eliminate the possibility of random or another acquaintance killing her. This case will be based on circumstancial evidence therefore it is absolutely mandatory that you eliminate as many random suspects as you can whether the sister did it or someone else. If they arrest someone other then the sister, you can bet that person's lawyer is going to try and cast guilt on the sister since there is so much about her story that is suspiscious and without really solid evidence that "this person did it without a doubt", you want to try and have strong evidence that not only did this person do it, here is the evidence that those other people DID NOT do it.

If someone I knew was murdered, I would want the police to keep everything quiet to the public simply to not alert anyone to what they know to be fact or know to be false. Don't give the perp ANYTHING to fabricate a story about before they are actually talking to the police. And if they immediately made it obvious they felt the sister was guilty, any lawyer worth his salt is going to say lacking an eye witness or any SOLID DNA link - in that she wasn't stabbed so the killer didn't accidentally cut themselves as well and bleed at the scene - the police didn't eliminate the possibility of random or another acquaintance killing her. This case will be based on circumstancial evidence therefore it is absolutely mandatory that you eliminate as many random suspects as you can whether the sister did it or someone else. If they arrest someone other then the sister, you can bet that person's lawyer is going to try and cast guilt on the sister since there is so much about her story that is suspiscious and without really solid evidence that "this person did it without a doubt", you want to try and have strong evidence that not only did this person do it, here is the evidence that those other people DID NOT do it.

Sounds more and more like it was a male perpetrator that left his DNA behind.
If someone is arrested with a DNA match, casting doubt toward the sister will not fly....unless of course she was a co-conspirator.

Sounds more and more like it was a male perpetrator that left his DNA behind.
If someone is arrested with a DNA match, casting doubt toward the sister will not fly....unless of course she was a co-conspirator.

Was it touch DNA? Was it on a door knob, light switch, her body?

There's been no mention if a weapon was ever located. What was LE searching for behind the house? I'm not sure if that has already been posted or not.

Was it touch DNA? Was it on a door knob, light switch, her body?

There's been no mention if a weapon was ever located. What was LE searching for behind the house? I'm not sure if that has already been posted or not.

Apparently, the only info on the DNA found is still with the detectives. I doubt the info has even leaked to the uniformed guys.
I'm sure the path behind the house was searched thoroughly for shoe prints and possibly the blunt weapon (if it was not left in the home).

10-4

I am told this picture is about 4 years old.
Jonathan looks much older now.

The oldest daughter, J still looks bout the same but P, J and T have grown up.

Thanks for all this information! The video was very helpful.

I am not getting this crime at all, especially how it is being investigated. If you live in the area, are you being told at all that there is any danger to general population? Is this DNA dragnet thing being reported officially or is this not something generally known? I think that even if they feel that KT knew her attacker, if it is not the sister that there IS a danger to public and should be publicized as such. If whoever killed her was a non-family member than they could still be a threat to others. I just don't this whole thing at all...
What is the public being told, if anything, is my question...

I am not getting this crime at all, especially how it is being investigated. If you live in the area, are you being told at all that there is any danger to general population? Is this DNA dragnet thing being reported officially or is this not something generally known? I think that even if they feel that KT knew her attacker, if it is not the sister that there IS a danger to public and should be publicized as such. If whoever killed her was a non-family member than they could still be a threat to others. I just don't this whole thing at all...
What is the public being told, if anything, is my question...

I'm confused too. WE do live near the neighborhood so I am VERY concerned about the unknown. We are just being extremely cautious with security. We are not going outside at night and keeping deadbolts locked 24/7. I check outside whenever I hear a barking dog at night or day. I hope I don't have to live this way much longer.

We are told that they don't know if it was random or not. Many of the stories about the sister seem suspect to say the least, but the investigation seems to be looking for people outside the family, such as neighbors. I wish I did know more.

Here's a link from the police chief.
http://wake.mync.com/site/Wake/news/story/49201/police-release-few-details-in-taft-murder-case/

Does anyone know if there was a car parked in the parking spot on Cartier when police first arrived? There isn't one there underneath the crime scene tape. I wonder if when sister called 911 they allowed her ride in the ambulance or did sister drive to the hospital behind the ambulance? Just trying to place where the vehicle or vehicles were.

Here's a link from the police chief.
http://wake.mync.com/site/Wake/news/story/49201/police-release-few-details-in-taft-murder-case/

Does anyone know if there was a car parked in the parking spot on Cartier when police first arrived? There isn't one there underneath the crime scene tape. I wonder if when sister called 911 they allowed her ride in the ambulance or did sister drive to the hospital behind the ambulance? Just trying to place where the vehicle or vehicles were.

Good observation Prancy.
I would guess the 2nd SW was either D's car or home.
(prudent thing to do early).
I wonder if D picked Kathy up on the way from Oriental, or they drove 2 cars?

Let's see: (1) There were 2 people in the house K & D. (2) D made the 1st 911 call saying K was having complications from surgery. (3) Paramedics must NOT have been alarmed by the scene or K's appearance because they did not deviate from "surgery complications" (4) Assault not realized until K's surgeon removed bandages examined K.
Soooo......if I ever need an ambulance, I sure hope I don't get the same paramedics that attended to K that morning......Suppose it could've been a "neat rapist"

Whoa....I see the resemblance but I also see a big difference between the two...thanks for the pic, Ruben.

Do we have any pix of KT prior to any plastic surgery? I wonder how much they would have looked alike.

I am still considering that she may have become fed up with KT's plastic surgeries and killed her or set her up to be killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila