GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to say a personal thank you to the wonderful mods who refused to be bullied by the likes of GH. Obviously, he thinks he can manipulate everyone by using his fear tactics.
The fact he was on here trying to run down this site, that is dedicated to being the voice for helpless victims, and trying strong-arm the people who care about the mother of his little ones shows the true character of this man.
I don't think that smirk on his face will last long, WS friends.

Sorry...but I am so angry about this crime. Heartbreaking.....cruel.

Is this missing mom getting the same sort of local attention as the murders of Nancy Cooper and Michelle Young, or more like Janet Abaroa, or maybe more like the Maria Lauterbach, or more like a couple of other women that went unnoticed?

Hi, Otto :seeya: -

So far, she has gotten a lot of attention, IMO, at least in NC -- so we'll have to wait & see how long it lasts. She is not from Raleigh, but it appears so far that she probably was murdered in Raleigh. The man & woman who have been arrested apparently live here, too. That it is such a gruesome crime may keep it afloat for quite a while as well.

Kinston, NC, is about 90 miles east of Raleigh, on Highway 70, population is around 25,000. I don't know how long she had been in Kinston, but probably since the town is relatively small, a number of people either knew her or knew of her. I feel sure the case will get a lot of attention in Kinston itself. The RPD (Raleigh Police Dept) is handling the case as of now -- there must be some evidence already known that leads the RPD to think the crime was committed here in Raleigh. So there's yet another awful crime for the Wake County DA's office to handle along with the RPD.

We'll see...
icon7.gif

wonder who drove the u haul? they couldnt have fit everyone up front! car seats! I wonder if they got rid of the u haul before arriving at the sisters? That would seem strange to pull of for a visit in the u haul. :mad:

I think it was a u-haul trailer. It was pulled by a vehicle.

It is almost an absolute give-away when I hear an ex-husband (or soon-to-be-ex) of a missing wife say that their wife has emotional (or mental health) issues. Typically this is a tale-tale sign that the man is an abusive male with control issues. Also, lately, it seems that this points to the man as being responsible for the woman's disappearance.

Gail - where are you? Susan - where are you? Jacque - where are you? Kelly - where are you?

Laura - R.I.P. I am praying for your children. May they be loved and may they receive the help that they will need to grow up without your loving guidance.

Since they transported her body across state lines does that make it a federal case? I realize she was already deceased but does that make a difference? It doesn't matter which state the murder was committed....both have the death penalty.

I really pray for those children, even AH's grown daughter. In a way she will be affected more than the little ones. My prayers go out to her.

AH's sister and family must be living a nightmare from this too. Just think of all the innocent people these two have hurt by their actions!

Rest in peace Laura.....

Hi, Otto :seeya: -

So far, she has gotten a lot of attention, IMO, at least in NC -- so we'll have to wait & see how long it lasts. She is not from Raleigh, but it appears so far that she probably was murdered in Raleigh. The man & woman who have been arrested apparently live here, too. That it is such a gruesome crime may keep it afloat for quite a while as well.

Kinston, NC, is about 90 miles east of Raleigh, on Highway 70, population is around 25,000. I don't know how long she had been in Kinston, but probably since the town is relatively small, a number of people either knew her or knew of her. I feel sure the case will get a lot of attention in Kinston itself. The RPD (Raleigh Police Dept) is handling the case as of now -- there must be some evidence already known that leads the RPD to think the crime was committed here in Raleigh. So there's yet another awful crime for the Wake County DA's office to handle along with the RPD.

We'll see...
icon7.gif

BornDem, so good to see you and Otto here!

It is almost an absolute give-away when I hear an ex-husband (or soon-to-be-ex) of a missing wife say that their wife has emotional (or mental health) issues. Typically this is a tale-tale sign that the man is an abusive male with control issues. Also, lately, it seems that this points to the man as being responsible for the woman's disappearance.

Gail - where are you? Susan - where are you? Jacque - where are you? Kelly - where are you?

Laura - R.I.P. I am praying for your children. May they be loved and may they receive the help that they will need to grow up without your loving guidance.

So true! This is why I get frustrated sometimes on Gail Palmgren's thread. It seems like we hear about it more lately too. Because it's happening more, or because the media is covering it more?

Dear Wake County:

Please let me have jury duty for this case. Thanks.

So true! This is why I get frustrated sometimes on Gail Palmgren's thread. It seems like we hear about it more lately too. Because it's happening more, or because the media is covering it more?

I know we hear about these cases more now because of all the talking head shows.......but I swear, I honestly don't think this type of murder was in epidemic proportions just a few years ago. Seems like about 10 or 12 years ago they began and have just gotten worse and more frequent.
If they don't stop, I'm going to weigh 3,000 pounds by the end of the year. I stayed on the live stream coverage of the doctor and the ballerina trial in Raleigh, NC, the Brad Cooper trial in Raleigh, , the Jason Young trial in Raleigh, NC and the Casey Anthony trial in Fl. just since March of this year. I don't need to lose but 20 pounds--and had lost 7 of those--and have gained them back plus a couple. Just from being glued to the live stream of the trials and the posts here on WS.
I'm trying to stay on top of the disappearance of Jacque Rawson Waller case--she disappeared after last being seen with her husband.... they were in the early stages of a divorce. Mother of 5 year old triplets, very sad too. Missouri case.

wonder who drove the u haul? they couldnt have fit everyone up front! car seats! I wonder if they got rid of the u haul before arriving at the sisters? That would seem strange to pull of for a visit in the u haul. :mad:

I believe I read that it was a UHaul Trailer which makes sense because they needed a way to get home and I'm sure they didn't want to pay for a truck both ways.

Since they transported her body across state lines does that make it a federal case? I realize she was already deceased but does that make a difference? It doesn't matter which state the murder was committed....both have the death penalty.

I really pray for those children, even AH's grown daughter. In a way she will be affected more than the little ones. My prayers go out to her.

AH's sister and family must be living a nightmare from this too. Just think of all the innocent people these two have hurt by their actions!

Rest in peace Laura.....

Not sure if there is a statute for interstate transportation of a corpse, or if there would be any unlawful flight charges as it may be a moot point.

Laura likely was murdered here in NC and hopefully the perpetrator(s) will face the ultimate punishment.

My prayers for her children........

Not sure if there is a statute for interstate transportation of a corpse, or if there would be any unlawful flight charges as it may be a moot point.

Laura likely was murdered here in NC and hopefully the perpetrator(s) will face the ultimate punishment.

My prayers for her children........

The reason I question it is in case they don't get the DS. The perp (s) could get life in a Federal Prison rather than a state and anyone in NC knows what so called "Life" in prison means.

There is a lot to this story that people aren't telling partially because no one wants to get involved. Everyone that knows Grant, knows that he cheated on Laura and treated her like a servant. The story of their relationship is so absolutely crazy that it is stranger than fiction. In time, i'm sure their relationship history will come out and how dependent she was on him. I was there through most of it watching until it became unbearable and had to distance myself. Sadly, most of the information will not be hearsay but rather Grant gossiping about himself because he enjoyed attention, albeit good or bad. Their romance was short lived and while he did take her down to the Virgin Islands, it wasn't to make money but to follow another woman who he broke up with while he was there and prior to getting married to amanda. He had the entire town or Raliegh believing he married Laura. He asked her to go along with so that after only one week of dating; they told everyone they were going to the justice of the peace. Come to find out; most people didn't know they never married until he married Amanda. When folks got the invitation; many people thought it was the official wedding and reception laura had hoped for.....like i said....the details will come out and the truth will cast a further shadow of guilt on grant so that even if he didn't do it his previous behavior will cause doubt in the "preacher's son" card the lawyers are bound to play.

Don't these people set their profiles to private?

And the baby is sleeping on the tummy -- which is a SIDS risk

The nephew has since "privatized" his Facebook wall postings.

I also notice that AH's sister, "Karen Berry", is no longer on her Facebook friendlist, although she was earlier this afternoon. Her "defriending" might indicate that either she just doesn't want the added attention or she really does not appreciate a surprise visit from her lil sis being used as a pretext for a macabre burial in her very own neighborhood.

What is really bizarre is that one news article noted that the Berry family assisted in cleaning the ice chests but were, presumably, unaware of the circumstances. I don't know about you all but if anyone asks me to help them clean a bloody ice chest, I'm going to do some serious due diligence as to what kind of animal they have been storing in that ice chest, particularly when they've come from across the country and one of their former girlfriends has been reported missing. Just sayin'....

The reason I question it is in case they don't get the DS. The perp (s) could get life in a Federal Prison rather than a state and anyone in NC knows what so called "Life" in prison means.

Completely understand the reason for your question! It would be interesting to know the answer.

Thank you so much Rockit for your insight. It helps me to understand the dynamics of the relationships. I know are not supposed to call anybody names, but GH sure does sound like some kind of "piece of work".

Welcome! Hope you will help us better understand more in the future!

Thank you so much Rockit for your insight. It helps me to understand the dynamics of the relationships. I know are not supposed to call anybody names, but GH sure does sound like some kind of "piece of work".

Welcome! Hope you will help us better understand more in the future!

The dynamic is very unique to say the least. One thing is for sure, Laura love him and she was dedicated to him. He has never really committed to anything but music and art which he had an on and off relationship with (IMO). It's also interesting to note...one of Grant's many attempts to find himself was in his early 20's when he was pre-med at ECU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010