GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow she didn't even want to talk to her sister Amanda!! That tells me everything about the depth of this woman's love for others, let alone her own sister.

wow

I have a thing about sniffles and what I really think is going on behind them. I think it is the person attempting to get attention and evoke compassion for themself being sick or distressed. I think it is a passive method of manipulating people and it drives me nuts. I bet she pulls that crap on her family and is always feigning being ill.

I don't like this Karen Berry at all. I think she may have played the system and is heavily medicated for this stressful testimony. I don't know how honest she is capable of being if she is doped to the gills?

She strikes me as many typical Texas women, it's very hot and humid down here, our sinuses get messed up by constant A/C 6 or 8 months out of the year, and we may move and talk a little more slowly, as you break a sweat whenever you get excited. lol

I'm a yankee but have had a couple decades of southerly exposure. :blushing:

Can we find her in "contempt of court"? can the judge do that?

IF she swears to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth..

then gets on stage and makes several contradicting statements and withdrawing vague memories...? can you do that?

That's essentially what was done with Andrea Sneiderman...

Family dynamics can be very complicated. I think in many families, many things are left unspoken as part of the dysfunction.

I think KB is well aligned with the prosecutors. We shall see. I'm somewhat sympathetic of her - at the moment.

I don't know nuttin about birthin babies....

Give me a break this witness is lying through her teeth. What will be really interesting is how she handles herself during LA's trial (assuming there will be a trial and not some plea deal).

despite the fact that she said "Amanda indicated that she was covering for grant"

She has done so much "back and forth" and not remembering anything.. that the -->Jury<-- cant really use her as a credible witness..

the defense is just trying to get her to contradict herself so many times, that everything she says becomes unbelievable.. at this point, they have to cross examine their own witness and negate her whole testimony

The State had rested. Why did the defense even call this person?

So from what I gather, the defense is hoping to pin the actual murder on AH, based on this "I hurt her bad" comment, hence Grant isn't guilty and you must set him free?? I really don't get this witness or the direction they are trying to go. But at this point, I'm bored, and I feel sorry for the jurors who are thinking "well there goes ANOTHER weekend, thanks Rainman"

I don't think that Amanda nodding her head "yes" (cover-up for Grant) means anything....because of course she would want to make her involvement in all this appear as minimal as possible. This was her sister, after all.

They are both equally guilty, IMO.....NEXT CASE.....

She came to life when she was handed off to Boz.

Wow she didn't even want to talk to her sister Amanda!! That tells me everything about the depth of this woman's love for others, let alone her own sister.

wow

I don't think I would either knowing my sister put me and my family in this position, possibly facing charges themselves, and had murdered a young mother, and brought her body there to dispose of it. I think I'd have to say no to talking to her at that point to.

She strikes me as many typical Texas women, it's very hot and humid down here, our sinuses get messed up by constant A/C 6 or 8 months out of the year, and we may move and talk a little more slowly, as you break a sweat whenever you get excited. lol

I'm a yankee but have had a couple decades of southerly exposure. :blushing:

I live here in Tulsa. No one I knows sniffles unless they are two years old and haven't figured out what tissues (or sleeves) are for or are trying to elicit sympathy. I bet she loses the sniffles if she gets riled.

Defense failed to pin the murder on AH (and only AH) imo.

You don't remember the details of a conversation where someone tells you they killed someone???

Gosh it's just so hard to remember because seemingly every day someone tells me about some murder they committed! Geez, how can anyone keep these different murders straight!

</tongue in cheek>

I don't think I would either knowing my sister put me and my family in this position, possibly facing charges themselves, and had murdered a young mother, and brought her body there to dispose of it. I think I'd have to say no to talking to her at that point to.

If you can't turn to your own family in a crisis then who? My brother and sisters all would drop what we are doing to answer a phone call from one of us. I may try to advice them what I would do (turn yourself in) but I would never not talk to them. They are blood. My opinion only. I don't think I could ever turn my back on them.

The State had rested. Why did the defense even call this person?

And why did the defense ask her if Amanda told her she was covering for Grant?? Do they want that hole they keep digging him to reach China?

Family dynamics can be very complicated. I think in many families, many things are left unspoken as part of the dysfunction.

I think KB is well aligned with the prosecutors. We shall see. I'm somewhat sympathetic of her - at the moment.

I agree, Boodles. Right now, my sense is that she is telling the truth when she has to answer a direct question. She's not really volunteering anything -- save the Big Question when she asked Amanda if she were covering for GH.

No, she didn't pick up the phone & tell LE what she knew or thought she knew, but she answered their questions when they asked. It may be that she didn't want to ask Amanda many questions so that she would not know that much.

How the jury will treat this testimony is an absolute crap-shoot, IMO. They ought to all be pretty dazed by now anyway.
icon6.gif

How bizarre, how bizarre...
icon11.gif

Maybe someone should ask her:

Why were GH and AH asking about holes? Why did they bring so many coolers? Did you ask - why do I have to watch 2 toddlers and a month old baby while you wear my clothes and take a fishing trip trough the hard-to-maneuver-in-by-skilled-divers creek? And did you ask where were the fish they caught? Why didn't you call the police or rather, your lawyer friend you mentioned, to keep you and your sons out of trouble? Why did you not call someone (if a nod from AH led you to believe that something bad had happened and GH did it) for the sake of those little kids? What was the rest of their visit like - played board games, watched movies, went for walks, flipped through photo albums, toured the town, reminisced over memories? Did they wash clothes at your house? Do you not have an interest in custody of your niece? I'm sure I have 50 more questions.

Fill it in, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member