GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Stephens takes no prisoners when it comes to scheduling!

<pun definitely intended>

The stare-in-the-distance look on GH's face afterwards sorta said 'That man ever touches me again I'll feed him to the alligators'.

Or he'll have one of his ten million bros/fans from the hood do it for him. :floorlaugh:

Yes, he is a great guy... he has started doing a lot more with them over the last couple years.

He was also, I believe, the nut who was taking the live shot from the top of the BB&T building of the tornadoes making a bee line toward downtown Raleigh two years ago. Talk some sense into him, please.

GH better get all that rocking in his chair done with. Where he is going all the furniture is bolted down to the concrete.

seattlechiquita!

You missed GH jamming out in court yesterday to his "Broomstick Rider" being played.

Karen Berry took the stand, we think, for the Defense.

I watch that last night. *advertiser censored* is seriously sick. I mean, REALLY??? :facepalm:

and Ms. Berry, I feel sorta bad for her. Good thing is, if she ever gets to testify against sister sister, this testimony can be used to impeach her, right?

I am taking a day off for merely vain and beautifying purposes. Dentist cleaning, check. Up next eyelash extension fill, eyebrow threading and henna in my hair. Pretty so pretty. LOL

I love this judge. I can't help but compare him to the judge in the Levi Chavez case in New Mexico earlier this summer. No comparison.

He was also, I believe, the nut who was taking the live shot from the top of the BB&T building of the tornadoes making a bee line toward downtown Raleigh two years ago. Talk some sense into him, please.

LOLOL, I remember that!

That would be him LOL!!! I know I could never do his job... he's a nut!!

I have not been able to watch the majority of this trial in "real" time and I watch the archived videos at night.

Thank all of you for your comments. I try to read some of them each night.

Yep . . . Grant Hayes apparently thought he was in a night club as he "rocked" to the song he wrote about Laura Ackerson. Hhmmm ... I wonder what the jury thought!

Grant:
726661.gif
lol :floorlaugh:

Too bad he can't get
86558.gif
if found guilty!

If they don't hurry up, they won't have time for closing arguments today with lunch and a break in there somewhere........

Could it be possible that they can get back from lunch by 1:15, get closing arguments, jury instructions and hand it off today?? I just don't see it happening... as long winded as the defense is with all that hmmm, ehhh, uh's we'll have going on, not to mention the nonsense rambling.

They haven't put the evidence on display tables for the jury, have they? Are they not going to do that?

Could it be possible that they can get back from lunch by 1:15, get closing arguments, jury instructions and hand it off today?? I just don't see it happening... as long winded as the defense is with all that hmmm, ehhh, uh's we'll have going on, not to mention the nonsense rambling.

Judge said jury instructions on Monday.

Jury instructions and then deliberations will start Monday morning. Closing arguments will be from 1pm to 5pm today.

I know many don't agree, but my heart hurts for KB. I can see the horror and pain, and fear in her eyes. They ruined her life as well, she has to live with this forever and never asked for it. How dare they, not only murder Laura, bring her children into it, but bring innocent family into it as well. I don't think I've ever had such hatred for 2 people in my life.

I have been going over and over KB and her participation in this. Her waffling on the stand did ZIP to garner any sympathy. KB's testimony offered up image of the three swinging out in the front yard brainstorming what to do. Why on earth offer up a septic tank? KB didn't want her kids to overhear. I kept thinking TOO BAD KB's HUBBY was AWAY! Then again I had to wonder, she offered up she KNEW an ATTORNEY. WHAT? I had to wonder how did that happen? Had Karen Berry or family had some run-ins with the law requiring a criminal attorney? Surely she wasn't suggesting they go see her REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY, right? I was disappointed neither side nailed those details.

If AH had been unable to prevent and witnessed her husband killing his ex in their apartment and was operating on sheer fear and adrenalin (trying "to protect the babies"), here is the point of disconnect for me for the lot of them. I can actually see how getting Grant to TX with the body might make sense! Afterall it is TX! Definitely made sense to go to her older sis/mother figure for help. BUT, the two women didn't march to the police station. They sat on a swing brainstorming what to do with a body. KB and LH could have had Grant watch the kids and the two of them made their way to the police station on the pretense/at the time KB had to p/u Dillon from work or if they feared for the lives of the children, they could have taken the kids for ice cream for petes sake!

Oh, wait -- KB had already walked down by the septic tank and told LH not goin' happen on my property and wha la she loaned her boat to these two along with some clothes and Laura's remains had been dumped in the creek by BOTH AH and GH. They acted in unison from start to finish.

PLUS, she didn't stay in TX with her sister. She went "home" to NC with Grant.
That screams AH was not afraid of GRANT.

NOPE - from my chair - all three are guilty. And I am wondering why KB was not charged. I would guess it is because she was not the two big fish the Raleigh police were after and there were jurisdictional muddy waters.

One last thing - in her testimony she was extremely hazy who mentioned the custody agreement and possible kidnapping charges for taking the boys across the NC state line. I don't get that... Did KB use that to get them to GO AWAY? AH and GH knew LA was dead. Still fell within family court and would require LA to press charges right? That wasn't going to happen. And gee, they supposedly had a signed agreement with Laura allowing them full custody.

Can someone explain KB's testimony and why she mentioned that custody agreement/kidnapping?

KB mentioned it as their excuse for having to get back to Raleigh for the custody hearing (on Monday, before KB knew LA was dead). I believe she said it was GH that mentioned in their custody agreement he was not supposed to take the children across state lines and wondered what could happen, which is when KB said that if that was in the agreement he could be charged with kidnapping.

Now, I thought somewhere at some point it was mentioned that they left to go back to Raleigh so early because they "found out LA was missing" and wanted to get back to help. Did I dream that? I thought at some point GH's mother called him and told him LA was missing and everyone was being questioned, and that's when they headed back.

I have been going over and over KB and her participation in this. Her waffling on the stand did ZIP to garner any sympathy. KB's testimony offered up image of the three swinging out in the front yard brainstorming what to do. Why on earth offer up a septic tank? KB didn't want her kids to overhear. I kept thinking TOO BAD KB's HUBBY was AWAY! Then again I had to wonder, she offered up she KNEW an ATTORNEY. WHAT? I had to wonder how did that happen? Had Karen Berry or family had some run-ins with the law requiring a criminal attorney? Surely she wasn't suggesting they go see her REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY, right? I was disappointed neither side nailed those details.

If AH had been unable to prevent and witnessed her husband killing his ex in their apartment and was operating on sheer fear and adrenalin (trying "to protect the babies"), here is the point of disconnect for me for the lot of them. I can actually see how getting Grant to TX with the body might make sense! Afterall it is TX! Definitely made sense to go to her older sis/mother figure for help. BUT, the two women didn't march to the police station. They sat on a swing brainstorming what to do with a body. KB and LH could have had Grant watch the kids and the two of them made their way to the police station on the pretense/at the time KB had to p/u Dillon from work or if they feared for the lives of the children, they could have taken the kids for ice cream for petes sake!

Oh, wait -- KB had already walked down by the septic tank and told LH not goin' happen on my property and wha la she loaned her boat to these two along with some clothes and Laura's remains had been dumped in the creek by BOTH AH and GH. They acted in unison from start to finish.

PLUS, she didn't stay in TX with her sister. She went "home" to NC with Grant.
That screams AH was not afraid of GRANT.

NOPE - from my chair - all three are guilty. And I am wondering why KB was not charged. I would guess it is because she was not the two big fish the Raleigh police were after and there were jurisdictional muddy waters.

One last thing - in her testimony she was extremely hazy who mentioned the custody agreement and possible kidnapping charges for taking the boys across the NC state line. I don't get that... Did KB use that to get them to GO AWAY? AH and GH knew LA was dead. Still fell within family court and would require LA to press charges right? That wasn't going to happen. And gee, they supposedly had a signed agreement with Laura allowing them full custody.

Can someone explain KB's testimony and why she mentioned that custody agreement/kidnapping?

Your thoughts run along the same lines as my own. That's why I've said since day one that KB should not have been offered an agreement with the prosecution--if she has. I don't know if that info has come out or not and I have not heard that she has been offered protection from prosecution.
Anyhow, I think she was complicit, even though she helped the detectives when they showed up. Had they never knocked on her door, she would have remained silent for the rest of her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState