GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been going over and over KB and her participation in this. Her waffling on the stand did ZIP to garner any sympathy. KB's testimony offered up image of the three swinging out in the front yard brainstorming what to do. Why on earth offer up a septic tank? KB didn't want her kids to overhear. I kept thinking TOO BAD KB's HUBBY was AWAY! Then again I had to wonder, she offered up she KNEW an ATTORNEY. WHAT? I had to wonder how did that happen? Had Karen Berry or family had some run-ins with the law requiring a criminal attorney? Surely she wasn't suggesting they go see her REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY, right? I was disappointed neither side nailed those details.

If AH had been unable to prevent and witnessed her husband killing his ex in their apartment and was operating on sheer fear and adrenalin (trying "to protect the babies"), here is the point of disconnect for me for the lot of them. I can actually see how getting Grant to TX with the body might make sense! Afterall it is TX! Definitely made sense to go to her older sis/mother figure for help. BUT, the two women didn't march to the police station. They sat on a swing brainstorming what to do with a body. KB and LH could have had Grant watch the kids and the two of them made their way to the police station on the pretense/at the time KB had to p/u Dillon from work or if they feared for the lives of the children, they could have taken the kids for ice cream for petes sake!

Oh, wait -- KB had already walked down by the septic tank and told LH not goin' happen on my property and wha la she loaned her boat to these two along with some clothes and Laura's remains had been dumped in the creek by BOTH AH and GH. They acted in unison from start to finish.

PLUS, she didn't stay in TX with her sister. She went "home" to NC with Grant.
That screams AH was not afraid of GRANT.

NOPE - from my chair - all three are guilty. And I am wondering why KB was not charged. I would guess it is because she was not the two big fish the Raleigh police were after and there were jurisdictional muddy waters.

One last thing - in her testimony she was extremely hazy who mentioned the custody agreement and possible kidnapping charges for taking the boys across the NC state line. I don't get that... Did KB use that to get them to GO AWAY? AH and GH knew LA was dead. Still fell within family court and would require LA to press charges right? That wasn't going to happen. And gee, they supposedly had a signed agreement with Laura allowing them full custody.

Can someone explain KB's testimony and why she mentioned that custody agreement/kidnapping?

Veracity, I agree with everything you said. KB knew exactly what was up after they had that little "dead person" discussion out on the swing set. She knew what they were going out on the boat for. (not to mention they were leaving as the sun was going down...WTH?).

I would not even be surprised if AH told her even before she got there (on the phone), during the time in between them killing her and getting to TX.

Not to mention they drove practically cross-country and then stayed for only 2 1/2 days?? (and yet KB stated emphatically that no, it wasn't odd or out of the blue and AH came to her house often and whenever she wanted, when she hadn't even met GH or seemingly seen her in a long time before that).

Bottom line, KB knew everything that was up even though she pretended not to, and she probably also has details about the actual murder and way it happened that she's not telling.

Hi peeps :eek:ddsmiley:

Wayyy too many :eek:fftopic: posts!!

Please try to stay on track!

:tyou:

The problem with charging KB is proving what they charge. How could the DA prove what KB knew and when? The other witnesses would be the 2 killers--how credible would they be? Obstruction of justice? Well KB did talk to police when they showed up. As far as I know there's no law broken if you hear about a killing and don't call police. If you didn't witness it, didn't know about it in advance, and weren't complicit in the killing, then there's no crime you committed. The rest of it is suspicions, suppositions and gut feelings, none of which rise to the level of evidence that will provide proof to a jury.

The problem with charging KB is proving what they charge. How could the DA prove what KB knew and when? The other witnesses would be the 2 killers--how credible would they be? Obstruction of justice? Well KB did talk to police when they showed up. As far as I know there's no law broken if you hear about a killing and don't call police. If you didn't witness it, didn't know about it in advance, and weren't complicit in the killing, then there's no crime you committed. The rest of it is suspicions, suppositions and gut feelings, none of which rise to the level of evidence that will provide proof to a jury.

Accessory after the fact of murder?

So the defense argument is they couldn't be that stupid?

I totally believe that Grant tricked Laura into thinking they were married. Not a doubt in my mind. He selected a vulnerable person who he could dominate.

Ok friends, I have to get going. Will watch closings on WRAL when i come back and hopefully we will have a verdict Monday. If i miss that I would be mad!

I swear this guy makes my skin crawl... I can't listen to him. It's all BS. I know it's his job but he has such an arrogance about him, he's sitting there smiling about all of this knowing what his client DID... He's slimy and swarmy

Both defense attorneys get to give closing arguments?

I guess the defense went first? I thought the State always went first, then the defense, then the state?

I swear this guy makes my skin crawl... I can't listen to him. It's all BS. I know it's his job but he has such an arrogance about him, he's sitting there smiling about all of this knowing what his client DID... He's slimy and swarmy

He has been just a little too eager in this case. He may think this is his golden opportunity to shine as a defense attorney. Blech.

I'm glad NC has the "circumstantial evidence" part in the jury instructions. I just hope there is not a Pinellas-type juror who is unable or unwilling to connect these dots. That's my biggest fear, like the Pinellas jury didn't know exactly how Caylee died, and hung their hats on that.

Please feel free to reassure me!

I like this defense attorney (the white haired gentleman's) demeanor. He seems very earnest. I bet he was terrific on the debate team in College. But I have to disagree with this gentleman. IMO the State has outlined a very coherent series of events that ties GH to the murder and dismemberment of Laura Ackerson.

I need to take a break. This is disgusting to me. Why would putting acid ANYWHERE on her be OK? I don't care if it was her head or foot, they did it... he bought it with the intention. I just cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can defend monsters like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ