GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a newborn baby who was nursing. GH was the "more mobile" of the two, which makes sense why he ran all the errands. But I don't believe AH was the kingpin/mastermind of the murder. Who stood to lose the most? GH.

They had a newborn baby who was nursing. GH was the "more mobile" of the two, which makes sense why he ran all the errands. But I don't believe AH was the kingpin/mastermind of the murder. Who stood to lose the most? GH.

I agree. GH has proven he is an absolute psychopath, just in his behavior the last few weeks, and especially yesterday. The mother of his children.. he did this, and he's bopping his head to the song he wrote about wanting to kill her. He's the very face of evil. I have every reason to believe he held a spell over AH, for some reason. But he is an evil evil man.

I wish I could see the look on GH's face when the state reminds EVERYONE about the level of his rage against Laura and how he might use it as an anchor for his disturbed thinking.

Kind of rage that would throttle the life out of a beautiful, young mother, chop up her body and further disfigure it with acid kind of rage???

Wow. Had Judge Stephens been on the Cooper trial, not a one of Kurtz' questions (i.e. statements) would have gotten in until he learned to properly phrase a question as a question. Go judge!

Agreed x 100, Mad74!

This judge knows 'em all -- he!!, he might not have let Mr. "Your Honor, I want to be heard" Kurtz in the door to the courtroom on day 1...

I just started watching this trial last week so I don't know names, but this state prosecutor sounds a lot like Nancy Grace. Could have sworn it was Nancy talking when I walked in the room!

What kills me is that anyone could think that planning and executing the dismemberment of another person, using acid, driving cross country with her children in tow, and dumping her in a creek with thoughts of feed her to hogs, alligators and sharks.. is ANY BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL MURDER!!!!!! OMG. Murder is horrible, but what they did to her is so much worse than murder.

I concur. In civil court we have punitive damages to punish folks. Why don't we have anything in our criminal courts to allow for additional charges for what these folks did - killing a young mother is horrific BUT

sawing her body into parts, putting them in coolers, and driving multiple states away to dump her in a creek where after pouring acid on at least her head hoping reptiles will consume the corpse is RIDICULOUSLY MORE HEINOUS.

I wish there was an additional count for every state line or better yet each mile a corpse is moved. Additional count for each effort to separate any part of a corpse. In fact since they cut the body in parts, the additional charges should be for each part moved x mile! Also, additional count for acid.

And while I am at this- how about charges for polluting that creek - wonder if that body of water was a protected surface water? And how about charges for contaminating the pig pen. If any pig has been sold from that property, wouldn't that mean the pigs are part of an ag. business, I vote they shut it down! Considering KB's testimony let's just say I have my doubts where quality control goes with her. Suggesting her own septic tank???

Oh, why aren't there laws??? What this jury had to witness and now live with! There should be an equal measure of consequence to the perpetrators of such evil imo. :confused:

OOhhhh good point!

Mid week visits had ceased for multiple weeks until July 12, 2011.

Hello premeditation.

I will miss him too, and this is my first exposure to him!
There is something about his voice and demeanor, I find him very soothing.
Yesterday I was just listening and not watching. I was working on a PC with my son, and I said to him this judge is the "Southern Barry White". Could listen to him all day long.
I also have this weird, grampa type crush on him :blushing:
(He may not be that old, it's just the grey hair, authority thing, lol).

PS- Scary side not...Both myself and my son were humming "Broomstick Rider" and singing the chorus for at least a couple hours after it played. Not that it is or would ever have been a mega-hit, but it did have a catchiness to it.
Wish I had never heard it :facepalm:

bbm

Well about that crush, Nymeria -- first you have very good taste in men -- second, you're gonna have to get in line behind me and several others!

We all finally admitted that we have that same crush a couple of trials ago! He's handsome, and yes, that beautiful Southern accent and good diction and amazing intelligence. He doesn't suffer fools in his courtroom and he is so sick & tired of seeing DV cases in his courtroom. He is leaving large footprints in jurisprudence for both Wake County and the State of North Carolina.

Becky does good closings. She's articulate, she pauses in the right places, and she gets away from all the "ummms" that can plague during direct and cross exams.

The Defense attorneys had ZIP to work with. The MOUNTAIN of evidence the Prosecution had continues to make me question why was there a trial?

I wonder how much money was.is being wasted!

The Younger Defense attorney - I didn't like him. In particular the "gotcha" retorts. That slang expression seemed inappropriate considering the testimony suggested Grant and Amanda lured and surprise attacked Laura. Every time I heard it I thought of Grant sitting at the defense table. The police certainly GOT HIM!

The Older Defense attorney - He seemed like a nice man who was treading water in a deep pool with a vicious undercurrent. Not his fault. It was the mountain of evidence against his client AND APPARENT lack of ANYTHING to use to create the DEFENSE's stand Amanda did it and poor Grant did nothing more than help cover up the crime!

In the end, it seems very obvious - the defense team had no defense because GRANT WAS AND IS GUILTY!

The Female Prosecutor - I have watched her in several other trials and her MMMs and UUHS in practically every sentence annoys me. It has gotten to the point I can't follow her at times, I just tune out after three or four uuhs/mmms. I don't know if she is chronically ill prepared, unaware her poor public speaking makes her sound hesitant or worse to the jury, or if she is apathetic and just going through the motions. No matter which, I find her a distraction and hindrance to the state's cases.

The Male Prosecutor - I LIKE HIM ALOT! He is intelligent, detailed, organized, easy to follow and understand, and he is passionate. Perfect no. But I believe he did a terrific job.

Becky please give them an explanation of that agreement document!!

Becky please give them an explanation of that agreement document!!

Boodles, I was just coming on here to write that she didn't give any explanation for the "agreement document" b/c I don't think the detectives really have any answer for that. So sad.

beep...never mind...prosecutor just said they will explain the note.....

Originally Posted by NCEast
Do we know what the age difference is between KB and AH?

Good morning everybody!
I'm wanting to say KB is 55.

That sounds more like it, I think, Crazytown -- my alllwwwways purrfeck memory -- I remember KB saying that Amanda was 2 y/o when KB "left home." KB did not say how old she herself was at that time. So KB was likely 16+ y/o, I'm guessing when this occurred. IIRC, that is.

Boz has been speaking for 2 minutes and I'm bawling. I think the weight of this case has finally gotten to me. "she loved her kids to death". I pray to God that justice is served for that sweet girl.

Boz has been speaking for 2 minutes and I'm bawling. I think the weight of this case has finally gotten to me. "she loved her kids to death". I pray to God that justice is served for that sweet girl.

:grouphug:

10 minute break. Then judge will give instructions to jury and send them home.

Whoa, someone in the gallery made a derogatory comment to an attorney and has been removed from the courtroom.

Did anyone catch, I think they said it to the prosecution?

Originally Posted by Marilou
Do you guys think that the defense knew that KB was going to say that AH told her she was covering for GH? If they knew this, why did they call her & consider what AH told her a "confession"? I am really confused by this.

LOL! I have no idea!! It's all so strange. Maybe they are just throwing stuff out there to kinda confuse the jurors? Like, now I bet they don't 100% believe KB, but it's just another set of words out there that might confuse them a little bit.

The defense might not have known about the "nodded yes" conversation -- KB could have conveniently forgotten about it, but I'm thinking they did know. If they did, they certainly wanted it to come from their witness under their questioning. Always.

They wanted to get it out there, knowing how it might sound to the jury. Never let the PT put testimony out there from your own witness if it is key. That's why they had to do it, IMO. It's just the way things go. You don't wanna be surprised by your own witness however good or bad that witness is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95