GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo Trinidad is his name. One of the 'mugshot' websites has him as being white :lol:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nce/press/2012/2012-aug-07_03.html

edit to add the mistaken webpage http://www.justmugshots.com/north-carolina/greene-county/15395210
He is definitely black, but thats his arrests.

Interesting......when you search him up on the NC DOC, you don't get anything current.

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

This note is also at the top of his list of convictions:
***For the most recent information on the status of the offender's record, check with the state of conviction.

I may....or may not....use the NC DOC website frequently & I've never seen that before. ;)

Other than for the sake of the children, if ever a case was ripe for the death penalty this is it, in my opinion. And AH's too. I don't care if she just stood there and nursed Lily during the murder and subsequent dismemberment, she is just as guilty.

I concur. It does make me wonder. Does the state of NC usually avoid going for capital punishment? Some states have it in the books but just don't use it?

Pablo Trinidad was apparently a kingpin judging by the indictments.. "5 kilograms or more" I wonder how much they are taking off of his time for cooperating in this case?

Pablo Trinidad was apparently a kingpin judging by the indictments.. "5 kilograms or more" I wonder how much they are taking off of his time for cooperating in this case?

Darn. Hopefully nothing. I didn't listen to his testimony, but I wonder whether it was even necessary.

This came up in testimony. He was promised nothing in exchange for his testimony in this case. He does hope it will help him down the line, but there are no guarantees, no promises, and no 'deal' in place. He has a 21 yr sentence and he's in federal custody.

This a point made, that I thought I heard correctly, and WRAL confirms in their news report.

But Trinidad went on to testify Wednesday that Hayes, a musician, told him while in jail that he wanted to tell police that he was handicapped after spending many years playing an instrument and that he couldn't have been responsible for Ackerson's death.

"The reason he said that was his defense on how it was impossible for him to have committed the crime, because he couldn't grab anything by force, and her car was parked near his residence," Trinidad said. "He was saying that if he had done it, he wouldn't have left the car parked close to his residence."

_____

It was not clarified to me and seems to contradict the witness' other statements. I understood the witness saying GH admitted to the actual murder, but also said he couldn't do it because of the quote above.

What did I miss?

It was not clarified to me and seems to contradict the witness' other statements. I understood the witness saying GH admitted to the actual murder, but also said he couldn't do it because of the quote above.

What did I miss?

GH told Pablo about the murder, said they lured LA to the apt and strangled her... GH then said what he planned as his defense strategy: to claim his hand was weak or something like that...and he couldn't have physically committed the murder.

This came up in testimony. He was promised nothing in exchange for his testimony in this case. He does hope it will help him down the line, but there are no guarantees, no promises, and no 'deal' in place. He has a 21 yr sentence and he's in federal custody.

Ahhhhhhh, that's why I can't find him.

Thank you, Madeleine!

GH told Pablo about the murder, said they lured LA to the apt and strangled her... GH then said what he planned as his defense strategy: to claim his hand was weak or something like that...and he couldn't have physically committed the murder.

He told Pablo that he was a musician for many years & that playing an instrument had made him handicapped. Therefore, he could not of committed the murder.

I have to work out of town tomorrow so I'll miss everything. Not happy about that but with both WRAL and WTVD being out of sync for me today, and I tried Wild too and that was the same....so it's my computer and I am not happy. Will spend tomorrow night catching up and trying to find a way to sync everybody's mouths with the audio again---this drove me crazy today.

This guys name & the fact that they were planning to call him to testify for prosecution came up in the pretrial hearing earlier in August. IIRC It was stated that this was not the only case that Pablo gave info to authorities on. I believe he gave info on some federal cases as well. The implication was, as I understood it, that if he got any consideration in a sentence reduction it wouldn't be just for the info he gave in this case. Pablo's attorney was at that pretrial hearing & defense wanted to know what other cases he had given authorities info on so they could vet his other info for it's reliability. His attorney stated that the other cases were ongoing and were federal so he did not believe this info would be shared. Judge Steven's, I think, asked Pablo's attorney if he would check to see if info could be given sealed only to Judge Steven's. Ii could be mistaken on this last part so if anyone else watched the recording of this hearing, jump in and correct me!

I'm absolutely fascinated by the FBI handwriting expert. Watching her testimony again tonight.

We don't write the same way twice? WOW.

What a cool job.

How could the state not have provided the FBI handwriting analyst the full signature of Laura's for comparison purposes?

I know she said they would need 20-25 signatures, but we know she has court documents with her full signature. They have her bank records, correct? Surely she wrote & signed checks. The state gets a thumbs down from me on that portion. They had the FBI working for them, give her everything to work with!

How could the state not have provided the FBI handwriting analyst the full signature of Laura's for comparison purposes?

I know she said they would need 20-25 signatures, but we know she has court documents with her full signature. They have her bank records, correct? Surely she wrote & signed checks. The state gets a thumbs down from me on that portion. They had the FBI working for them, give her everything to work with!

AnonymousD or others here, so what do you think about her testimony? The witness said it's Laura's handwriting at the bottom.

Then there is evidence of writing of some of the same words from the top half (GH's part/writing) on a separate sheet on paper which was on top of the doc in evidence (aka "the indented words"). This implies, to me, someone "practicing" or creating another version of the same content.

For awhile, I have thought they traced (they = one of the H's) Laura's words from prior documents and/or forged the part on the lower half of the paper. The "less the monetary compensation" sentence isn't a proper sentence and makes no sense (to me, at least). And Laura's attorney's name is misspelled.

And does anyone else perceive the spacing between words and phrases in Laura's part of this writing as unnatural-looking? Who writes words with big gaps between them like that?

I feel like they traced Laura's words to create this agreement. But if that is true, the FBI witness wouldn't have said it was Laura's writing, would she?

This "agreement" is driving me nuts. I hope we get an answer.

I would write like that on unlined paper.....I knw this for sure.

I concur. It does make me wonder. Does the state of NC usually avoid going for capital punishment? Some states have it in the books but just don't use it?

My opinion is that they did not go with the death penalty since they can't really prove WHICH ONE actually killed her in the first place (GH or AH). So death penalty would have been a bit of a reach if you think of it in those terms, b/c defense would have said, you want to send my client to death but you don't even know if he is the one who actually did the killing itself. I just go back to Jodi Arias, where it is so hard for jury to decide on death, even 100% KNOWING she committed the crime. I don't think a jury would go for death if they are unsure of exactly which one did the killing deed.

Also, another thing might be that the person had to have suffered a lot, but since they can't PROVE how exactly she died, then defense could argue the ACTUAL killing wasn't cruel or heinous. Yes, of course, everthing afterwards was, but I think there has to be some sort of suffering involved for the victim, which they can't prove.

I believe these might be the reasons. Either way, he will burn in you-know-what.

AnonymousD or others here, so what do you think about her testimony? The witness said it's Laura's handwriting at the bottom.

Then there is evidence of writing of some of the same words from the top half (GH's part/writing) on a separate sheet on paper which was on top of the doc in evidence (aka "the indented words"). This implies, to me, someone "practicing" or creating another version of the same content.

For awhile, I have thought they traced (they = one of the H's) Laura's words from prior documents and/or forged the part on the lower half of the paper. The "less the monetary compensation" sentence isn't a proper sentence and makes no sense (to me, at least). And Laura's attorney's name is misspelled.

And does anyone else perceive the spacing between words and phrases in Laura's part of this writing as unnatural-looking? Who writes words with big gaps between them like that?

I feel like they traced Laura's words to create this agreement. But if that is true, the FBI witness wouldn't have said it was Laura's writing, would she?

This "agreement" is driving me nuts. I hope we get an answer.

BBM. That's the part where I sat at my desk like this :waitasec:

I waffle on this. I don't believe that entire bottom portion is Laura's. Like you stated, Surfie, the spacing is odd. Look at the part where her attorney's name is written in-----it's not even on the "imaginary line" like the FBI analyst indicated.

The next thing I notice is that the top line (of "Laura's portion") appears, IMO, written differently than the bottom 3 lines. Almost like maybe she was propping up on a wall, or the side of a car or something? You know how you write sideways/slanted when you're not writing on a flat surface? That's how it looks to me.

On comparing Laura's signature: I would also really like to see some of Laura's signatures. As well as AH's handwriting. Just looking at what I see in the exhibit, it looks halfway legit? The "Laura" portion doesn't look forced, like I know signature forgeries do look. But the "Ackerson" part looks forced, IMO. It's also too close to the "Laura" part, IMO. And the "son" portion of "Ackerson" looks like they just gave up & hurried up to finish the signature.

The reason I say I would love to see AH's handwriting is because I've seen my fair share of signature forgery. Often times when my boss hands me something that I can tell he's forged, his handwriting style ALWAYS shines through. Even though he may have practiced signing the person's name.

I also believe the only way Laura would've truly written that last paragraph is if she was being held at knife point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim