GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok to fill in time here, how many husbands has she had? So far:

1. Scott Elmer
2. Ron Adamson (sp? - from GH trial, this was her divorce attorney)
3. Nicky Smith
4. GH

Anyone know of any others?

She was using the last name Perry in the VI. No idea where that came from.

Chelly did you have sound?
I had WAT on and there was nothing.

Morning All :seeya:

CMoon, sorry to hear about your cat. Never easy to lose a pet :(.
Yes, I had audio while the Judge addressed the jurors, dismissed them and stated court is in recess 20 minutes. Then he announced for the record that court was open yesterday, etc. etc and anyone wanting needing infor about the case could call.

I can't understand how AH's attorneys didn't know the start time. I live in NM and knew court started at 10 est. Gotta be something else going on with her defense team. IMO

CMoon, sooo sorry for your loss. Glad you have some other kittys to help you cope. Pets become a part of your family & take a piece of your heart when you lose them.

Cmoon I also send you hugs. I had to put down my little pug last Friday and am still looking for her. They do become family

CC ‏@courtchatter 1m

Defense team just arrived in #AmandaHayes. I don't understand how everyone else including jury knew to be there and not them.

Chelly did you have sound?
I had WAT on and there was nothing.

Morning All :seeya:

CMoon, sorry to hear about your cat. Never easy to lose a pet :(.
ETA- Oh just saw the post with your cats name...Yoda, What a fitting name for a cat. Again, so sorry though.

There was no sound on me with wat and then I suppose the judge turned on his mike and told everyone to go to the lobby for 20 minutes. I saw AH sitting alone at her table and thought her attorneys fled a sinking ship :) ( if only)

Clearly if the defense followed WS they would have known court started @ 10am. Unacceptable!

Stephens is PIZZED and I sure don't blame him. They lost a whole day yesterday and for these attorneys to flake like that... I would be steaming mad too.

AzSandi ‏@azmatthews 1m

#AmandaHayes Apparently someone thought the court "hotline" said it was closed. Starting late.

CC ‏@courtchatter 1m

Defense team just arrived in #AmandaHayes. I don't understand how everyone else including jury knew to be there and not them.

Hope Judge gives them demerits.

You got it, Chelly!

CC ‏@courtchatter 2m

Judge reading the riot act to #AmandaHayes attorneys for not being pro active in finding out if court was today.

OK I have to ask this.
How much would it annoy you if you had to testify in a trial and for the most part you just ended up reading from someones journal, diary, texts, manifesto, whatever....
Something that really is not about what you are bringing to the trial, but more or less just makes you a narrator.

I was thinking about this when they had Ms. Chapman and Heidi reading from Lauras Diary and her report to the court for custody. I have noticed this in other trials also. I know it is done for the drama of having a witness read it, but to me they should just have the attorneys read it to show it as evidence.

Does this make sense to anyone but me?
I think I personalize it too much. I imagine sitting there being told to read to the courtroom like it is a kindergarten class (that is the vibe I always get when i see witness' being told "OK now read this portion, etc.".

Omg I have NVR seen Judge Stephens so pissed off; his face is all red.

Grrrrr on these Atty's and she lied, saying the recording said closed and that made him MAD as it did NOT say so and she didn't answer her phone when he called her!!!!

Pro-Democracy Esq. ‏@wycam1 3m

Judge Stephens is pissed! The Jury Hotline "Did not say that court was closed!" #AmandaHayes

His Honor is letting them know that he ain't happy one dayam bit. Ooohh, he is pizzed and he's not being subtle about it. Defendan & jury on their way back to The Room. We're in session. At 11:00amEST.

Jeez I had my PC on mute :facepalm:
Was cleaning keyboard while we waited earlier....must have hit something.
NO wonder I did not hear anything the judge said :floorlaugh:

They should have been held in contempt. I'm serious. That was flagrantly disrespectful. It was published in the media! They had personal voice and mails. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon