GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Grant's mother coming forward now because she has her own interests in the outcome of the trial? That is, she has the three children in her custody. Did she come forward with the letters because she is concerned that she might have to give up Lilly? Having her son portrayed as a lunatic wouldn't sit well with her either.

I wonder if Amanda told her lawyers about the letters prior to trial.

I'm thinking the parents may be thinking if the prosecution can prove that Amanda actually killed LA, masterminded the entire cover up, etc. that maybe her being found guilty will influence the outcome of GH's appeal. And at some point maybe he will be released. That's the only thing my little mind is saying to me right now.

Patsy lives a couple hours away!!!! I hope she already enroute!!!!!

Originally Posted by Boodles
Now we'll see how fast AH can think. How will she be at explaining the love letters? Can she think fast or did she need 2 years to make up and rehearse her story?

She's rocking herself a little...self-soothing.

Pathological liars truly amaze me. What a "skill." I can't lie worth a hill of beans.

The love letters were probably a manipulative attempt to keep him under her thumb.

Could she have written these letters knowing they might show up in court? She's quite a schemer, you know...
icon8.gif

The elder Mr. Grant Hayes (the previous def. dad) contacted and faxed some 'love letters' to the DA's office this morning that AH had written to GH from 2011-2012. Boz had to argue to get them introduced, they have sent for Patsy Hayes to appear in court to come testify today regarding those letters.

With the lousy weather that is quick that they got approval from the Court to introduce the letters and have the initial (not primary) recepient be in court that same day to testify.

Wonder if the letters show how controlling and in charge Amanda really is and helps show Grant as under HER spell? Not that this should lessen his guilt as all. I just think that the Hayes are doing what they are for their son's benefit.

Patsy lives a couple hours away!!!! I hope she already enroute!!!!!

I'm thinking they called her and/or sent somebody to pick her up just before they began playing that stupid video. That was almost 2 hours ago so I hope she will be there when they return from the break. I feel that in talking with the elder Mr. Hayes this morning he was told that he or she may have to come testify. I can't imagine the DA's office springing it on them out of nowhere. So I hope she was ready.

Could she have written these letters knowing they might show up in court? She's quite a schemer, you know...
icon8.gif

She is all that you say.....but for some reason I don't think she is smart enough to think that far in advance. I may be wrong.
Looking forward to reading/hearing them. I hope they will be nothing short of a bombshell for the prosecution.

The thing about psychopaths and sociopaths, they are smart and clever and lie with the greatest of ease, but they don't think every single thing through before and after. AH had no way of knowing that writing those love letters in 2012 would then come back to bite her in 2014 when she attempted a "I was askeered of my cray-cray hubby & for my life so I had to do what he said & even help him figure out how to dispose of the body." And if she did remember those love letters she sure had no clue that Grant's parents would have kept them, remembered them, and make a connection between those letters in 2012 to what was going on in the courtroom in 2014.

And I LOVE when that happens! It's like sunshine and unicorns when these "gotchas" happen.

I over slept, hopefully nothing interesting has happened yet!!

Anyone have Ronda's police interview link handy? I forgot her last name...

Shady, I think you are posting in the wrong thread.
If you mean Rhonda from the Michael Dunn trial?

ETA- It does get confusing trying to follow both :scared:

I'm thinking the parents may be thinking if the prosecution can prove that Amanda actually killed LA, masterminded the entire cover up, etc. that maybe her being found guilty will influence the outcome of GH's appeal. And at some point maybe he will be released. That's the only thing my little mind is saying to me right now.

I agree. It seems prior to all of this the elder Hayes' were getting ready for retirement, moving to a smaller place, giving the daycare and larger home to Grant and Amanda. I can't help but think that they are not pleased with the responsibility of 3 young children and child rearing again at their ages.

Is Grant's mother coming forward now because she has her own interests in the outcome of the trial? That is, she has the three children in her custody. Did she come forward with the letters because she is concerned that she might have to give up Lilly? Having her son portrayed as a lunatic wouldn't sit well with her either.

I wonder if Amanda told her lawyers about the letters prior to trial.

Believe Patsy has to be the one testifying (rather than Grant the Father) because she was part of questioning in the investigation and the Father was not. Wonder if there's a squabble in their house today about it.

Shady, I think you are posting in the wrong thread.
If you mean Rhonda from the Michael Dunn trial?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Going back and forth....yes.

I found it, but now I am having problems watching it because I am blogging, watching HLN and Olympics...lol

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Going back and forth....yes.

I found it, but now I am having problems watching it because I am blogging, watching HLN and Olympics...lol

Ha, same here, minus the blogging!
(But I do have like 6 windows open on the Olympic site following other events :eek:).

Whether he is genuinely crazy or faking, Amanda CHOSE to be with him, and STAY with him, right up until arrest. So what does it say about HER?!?
She had numerous opportunities to get away, with her kid (and his).

This jury better be smart enough to not let this sway them in any way, shape, or form.

Dumb and Dumber -- which one of these murdering duds is which?

You decide!!!
icon6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members